18. Hawaii 7-0
19. Virginia 6-1
20. Georgia 5-2
21. Tennessee 4-2
22. Texas 5-2
23. Cincinnati 6-1
24. Texas Tech 6-1
25. Michigan 5-2

All right. Hawaii only has 6 spots to climb untill their get an automatic bid. i dont get auburn being above hawaii with 2 losses one against mississippi state but first week really dont matter.

SteelCityMan786
10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
The first issue of the BCS

1. Ohio State 7-0
2. South Florida 6-0
3. Boston College 7-0
4. LSU 6-1
5. Oklahoma 6-1
6. South Carolina 6-1
7. Kentucky 6-1
8. Arizona State 7-0
9. West Virginia 5-1
10. Oregon 5-1
11. Virginia Tech 6-1
12. California 5-1
13. Kansas 6-0
14. USC 5-1
15. Florida 4-2
16. Missouri 5-1
17. Auburn 5-2
18. Hawaii 7-0
19. Virginia 6-1
20. Georgia 5-2
21. Tennessee 4-2
22. Texas 5-2
23. Cincinnati 6-1
24. Texas Tech 6-1
25. Michigan 5-2

All right. Hawaii only has 6 spots to climb untill their get an automatic bid. i dont get auburn being above hawaii with 2 losses one against mississippi state but first week really dont matter.

Only the last poll counts.

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I posted these rankings earlier today in an existing thread, but that's alright. Hawaii? Why would Hawaii be ranked above Auburn? This is one time when I see the logic in the SEC fans argument. If Hawaii played in the SEC they'd win maybe 2 conference games a year. LA Tech is a team SEC teams schedule for homecoming every year so they can win 58-3, and LA Tech took Hawaii into overtime. San Jose State took them into OT, too.

Even if they could beat Boise State (They won't), they don't deserve to even sniff BCS bowls. If Hawaii ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to schedule MUCH tougher ooc games. Trust me, they could get any team to play a home/away with them. ANY team.

MasterOfPuppets
10-15-2007, 08:27 PM
The first issue of the BCS

1. Ohio State 7-0
2. South Florida 6-0
3. Boston College 7-0
4. LSU 6-1
5. Oklahoma 6-1
6. South Carolina 6-1
7. Kentucky 6-1
8. Arizona State 7-0
9. West Virginia 5-1
10. Oregon 5-1
11. Virginia Tech 6-1
12. California 5-1
13. Kansas 6-0
14. USC 5-1
15. Florida 4-2
16. Missouri 5-1
17. Auburn 5-2
18. Hawaii 7-0
19. Virginia 6-1
20. Georgia 5-2
21. Tennessee 4-2
22. Texas 5-2
23. Cincinnati 6-1
24. Texas Tech 6-1
25. Michigan 5-2

could it be because auburn only lost to the #2 team in the country in overtime by 3 points? could it be because they beat # 15 florida? could it be because they shut down the theisman candidate mcfadden? or could it be because hawaii plays a bunch of scrub teams?

pittsburghp8baller
10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
i was looking to see if any1 had posted them already couldnt find it sry. and hawaii tried to schedule tougher teams their really did. do u think that we would purpsoley schedule two FCS teams in one year? we were goin to play purdue but we couldnt get a date scheduled- it happens. then we tried to get a SEC and a PAC-10 team (never said who) but at the last moment their backed out. one of the games we offered to travel to the site but still no. i guess their watched film of our offense and was worried a bad showing against "such a weak team that any big team shouldnt bother to play" as John L Smith put it after we waxed him on the islands would hurt their chances in the BCS.

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh my, are you talking about the game against Michigan State a few years ago? That may have something to do with why no one wants to play you. Hawaii needed to win that game to get (host) a bowl game, so the refs (conveniently from the WAC) basically gave them the game. That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen. But thanks for bringing that up, since I almost forgot about it. Hawaii probably would have lost by 3 TD's to a bad Big Ten team if it wasn't for the refs.

pittsburghp8baller
10-15-2007, 08:57 PM
All i gotta say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDfszTciy4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDfszTciy4

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, wow. That's awful. You claim THAT as proof? It was a Hawaii highlight reel, and left out almost all the real controversial calls. Even then, Michigan State was AWFUL that year. Awful. Beating bottom feeding teams from any BCS conference proves nothing, and having a ton of controversy surround it only makes the win more dubious.

pittsburghp8baller
10-15-2007, 09:08 PM
its proof. i dont see any from michigan states side. jus whinning and whinning. jus wait we will beat boise then beat washington and then prove we that we belong in a BCS game

revefsreleets
10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Alright, there we go. If you beat Boise State maybe I'll give Hawaii some props.

Oh, as for proof? I'm a Buckeye fan, and I don't care much for the Spartans. I watched the game. The refs gave the game to Hawaii. There was no doubt at all. I even kind of like watching June Jones' crazy run n shoot offense if I'm up at 2am on Saturday.

pittsburghp8baller
10-15-2007, 09:19 PM
when did the refs give us the game? ive got the game on tape ill rewind it to any time u think we ref gave us the game. san jose couldnt run the ball on us and theirfore couldnt run the clock out and if u give hawaii's offense four minutes and short fields both times the refs arent throwing the game away san jose state was

pittsburghp8baller
10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
ive watched the game 3 times now. hawaii overcame 8 drops, 7 incompletions due wr slipping and suffered 2 picks due to the field. brennan played himself out of then back into the heisman race thanks to his comeback, when the games on the line id take brennan over any quarterback and u could put brennan on any system id still take

revefsreleets
10-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I think you are watching the wrong game. I'm talking about the Michigan St game from a few years ago, not San Jose State game.

TackleMeBen
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
i am just happy my wolverines are in the top 25:wink02: since we got screwed last year.

as for hawaii, they need a tougher schedule to be considered a bowl team.. play OSU or Oklahoma or Texas then we will see how well they do. dont get me wrong i am a colt brennan fan, but this last game against san jose st was awful.. and dont say it was b/c it was raining.

Lord Stiller
10-17-2007, 10:32 AM
i am just happy my wolverines are in the top 25:wink02: since we got screwed last year.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did the Wolverines get screwed?????????

They lost to Ohio State who got smoked by Florida. And Michigan also got SMOKED in their bowl. The best team was crowned champ last season

I cant believe you made that statement, very ignorant. So, you still think Michigan deserved to be in the Champ. game even though they got beat 32-18 by USC in the Rose Bowl. While Ohio State (who beat Michigan) lost 41-14 in the Champ. game????????????????????????

Get a clue and stop whining, last year worked out fine. This year seems like several teams will get screwed but not Michigan who already has been embarassed

revefsreleets
10-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, now wait a second here. When Florida won their first NC, they actually lost to #2ranked Florida State. They dropped to from #1 to #3 but were still invited to play for the BCS NC. The situation is almost identical to the same thing that Michigan went through last year, except Michigan was shunned. Interestingly enough, and a great argument that OSU may have been as good as advertised last year but had a bad game was the results of those two games. Florida lost a squeeker in the regular season, but blew out the Seminoles in the NC game. A compelling argument can be made that Florida didn't deserve to play for the NC game, since in 1996 an undefeated ASU was snubbed in favor of a 1 loss Florida to play for the NC game. That ASU team that deserved to play for the NC was also beaten by #4 ranked OSU.

Lord Stiller
10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, i was just talking about last season where a rematch of Michigan vs Ohio State would have been stupid for the title game when they just played in the last game of the season. Both of those teams got smoked anyways so it looks like the right choice.

If you are talking about past seasons, the SEC got dicked over a few times too like when undefeated Auburn got passed over for a 1-loss Oklahoma and didnt even get a share of the title when the year before LSU had to share it with USC even though LSU won the title game....TOTAL BS

But nothing tops the year Penn State got screwed over when they had one of the best college teams ever and didnt even get a share of the title

revefsreleets
10-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Didn't PSU get some kind of title? That was when Kerry Collins was the QB, right? I think they were the AP #1 or something.

Lord Stiller
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Didn't PSU get some kind of title? That was when Kerry Collins was the QB, right? I think they were the AP #1 or something.

No, they got completely screwed over. Yes, they had Collins, KiJana Carter, Bobby Engram, Kyle Brady, etc. They would totally blow out teams and be up by 30+ pts every game by halftime and JoePa would put in all the freshman in the second half. They did this one game late in the season (vs Indiana i think) and Indiana came back in the second half to only lose by like 14+ pts. After that game, the retarded voters jumped Nebraska over PSU. PSU went on the dominate in the Rose Bowl while weak ass option-running Nebraska won the national title and PSU didnt even get a share

pittsburghp8baller
10-17-2007, 01:04 PM
I think you are watching the wrong game. I'm talking about the Michigan St game from a few years ago, not San Jose State game.

got ya both named spartans. any ways i guess we will see wont we?

revefsreleets
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
One more thing, though. I'm stating that if the BCS made the same decision in '96 that they made last year, Florida never gets their first title, because they never get to the big game. Arizona State would have played FSU for the title.

So Michigan's gripe is legitimate, because there is precedent.

As for the situation Hawaii vs. Michigan State, it was kind of a news story around here because one of the MAC teams, Akron, would have made a bowl if Michigan St. had won that game, so there was a lot of coverage. Hawaii needed to win that game to become bowl eligible, the bowl being in of course, Hawaii, named, strangely enough, the Hawaii Bowl. Kind of makes sense to get Hawaii a win so they can play in their own bowl game.

pittsburghp8baller
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM

as for hawaii, they need a tougher schedule to be considered a bowl team.. play OSU or Oklahoma or Texas then we will see how well they do. dont get me wrong i am a colt brennan fan, but this last game against san jose st was awful.. and dont say it was b/c it was raining.

well the thing is hawaii's AD cant wake up one morning and say "hmm lets schedule oklahoma this year" ive said this before we have tried over and over to schedule top ranked teams but both sides couldnt come to an agreement. the main problem is the travel. hawaii is at the near bottom when it comes to spending money for football, so that limits the times that their can travel to the mainland. like this year to save money hawaii spent 12 days in a row on the mainland to play two games.

the funny thing about the schedule is that starting next year (or the one after not sure) we start off the season at florida. the only problem with that is that either way we will be using a new quarterback.

as far as the san jose state games goes, no excuses, it doesnt matter how u win as long as u win. and hawaii showed enough heart to come back and win

revefsreleets
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't know, I've got to question Hawaii as far as scheduling. First off, if you play top teams with big stadiums, the visiting team gets a nice paycheck. OSU is paying $400,000 to teams to come in. I think that would cover travel expenses. And for the few D-1 teams that DO want to schedule tough games, they run into problems finding quality opponents every year. That's part of the reason Ohio State played Kent State last week. Their just aren't a ton of teams lining up to most likely get beat up at this point in the season. I was told repeatedly last season that the only reason Florida scheduled an awful D1-AA Western Carolina was they simply couldn't find a better team that would play them. I'm sure that if the Warriors wanted to bolster their schedule by playing an Oklahoma or a USC, they could. And they could probably convince a Big Ten team or eleven to fly to Hawaii for a late October game.

pittsburghp8baller
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM
u right on all of that the problem and this is what ive heard from one of my friends that still lives on the islands is that we would have no problems going there is that some teams dont want to travel there and play a home and away game against us. i dont know why im sure we would help on the expense since there wrote a check for us to come there. and we have had big ten teams come here late in the year; maybe not ohio state or penn state but teams that win around 7 games a year in the big ten, jus not this year because we tried to get better teams their jus fell through

pittsburghp8baller
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
but this last game against san jose st was awful.. and dont say it was b/c it was raining.

i dont like making excuses for stuff like that. but ill say one thing- if roethlisberger threw a couple of picks on horrible conditions wouldnt we all give him at least one or two passes back because of the field if it was truly the fields fault- i know i would

TackleMeBen
10-18-2007, 09:20 AM
i dont like making excuses for stuff like that. but ill say one thing- if roethlisberger threw a couple of picks on horrible conditions wouldnt we all give him at least one or two passes back because of the field if it was truly the fields fault- i know i would

i wouldnt give him a pass for throwing picks with horrible conditions. its part of the game and you need to deal with it.

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 09:38 AM
In the NFL, you have to play in every condition.

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 12:07 PM
In the NFL, you have to play in every condition.

yea in the NFL. hes still in college he will learn to deal with it

TackleMeBen
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
yea in the NFL. hes still in college he will learn to deal with it

so b/c he is in college he should get a free pass for throwing 5 INTs b/c it was raining. uh yeah i could see ben using that as an excuse for him throwing picks in a ball game.. well it was raining.. :banging:

verks36
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
its kinda strange how every one was hating on Michigan in the begging of the year but now they have slowly krept back into the top 25

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
so b/c he is in college he should get a free pass for throwing 5 INTs b/c it was raining. uh yeah i could see ben using that as an excuse for him throwing picks in a ball game.. well it was raining.. :banging:

im not saying he should get a free pass. he had a horrible three quarters of play. but when it mattered he stepped up and won the game. its jus being in college he still hasnt been exposed to all of the elements, he goes to school in hawaii and went to high school in california it will take some getting use throwing the ball in those conditions.

isnt all that matters, them getting a W? Brennan showing, on national TV, that even though the field is beaten to hell, ive thrown four picks, 10 drops from my receviers, ive been hit all game, it didnt matter because we still are goin to go out there and win the game. thats what NFL teams are looking for in a QB thats why i think brennan is one of the top QBs.

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 12:33 PM
back to the whole BCS talk- how many of yall think USF can actually go the distance? tough game tonight against rutgers. do they make it out and if they do is there any chance their leap Ohio State depending on who OSU plays?

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
back to the whole BCS talk- how many of yall think USF can actually go the distance? tough game tonight against rutgers. do they make it out and if they do is there any chance their leap Ohio State depending on who OSU plays?

I don't see any way for them to stay undefeated. They still have Rutgers on the road, and Cincy and Louisville on their schedule.

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't see any way for them to stay undefeated. They still have Rutgers on the road, and Cincy and Louisville on their schedule.

do u still think they will win the conference? a one or two loss team might actually win the conference.

Steeler in Carolina
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I think Ohio State is way over-rated. Who have the played this year? USF is being put down by a lot of people, but they have played a far tougher schedule that Ohio State has.

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Yup. That may be the case. But OSU has some tough game coming up. And it isn't their fault that their opponents have failed in advance.

Steeler in Carolina
10-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Why is Ohio State ranked ahead of Arizona St? It is because they are Ohio St. Their name is why they are number 1.

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
That really doesn't make much sense. Are you saying that the AP poll made up of sportwriters is wrong? They all just "like" OSU more? How about the coaches? What do they know about football anyway? CBS Sportsline is also biased? Harris Interactive?

OSU is #1 because they are the best team in the country right now until somebody beats them. There were years when FSU played one game a year (Florida) and if they won, they played for the NC game. nobody ever questioned it. OSU still has to play Illinois, PSU, Wisconisin and Michigan, so it's not like they play nobody.

And picking ASU is really off. They aren't even ranked in the top 10. There are 10 other teams between them you should be wondering about before you get to the Buckeyes. And I guarantee the Sun Devils lose at least 2 more games. At least.

Lord Stiller
10-19-2007, 03:10 PM
OSU is #1 because they are the best team in the country right now until somebody beats them. There were years when FSU played one game a year (Florida) and if they won, they played for the NC game. nobody ever questioned it. OSU still has to play Illinois, PSU, Wisconisin and Michigan, so it's not like they play nobody.

OSU is #1 because they are undefeated, they are not the best

They will lose to Penn State anyways and drop past LSU who is the best team in college football

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Fortunately for the Buckeyes, the games are actually played on the field and not on message boards.

But this is all cyclical. You are falling back on the same bad argument as Steeler in Carolina. USF was undefeated, and they were ranked #2. ASU is undefeated and they are ranked #12. BC is undefeated and they are ranked #3 (soon to be #2). Kansas is undefeated and they are ranked #15, and Hawaii is also undefeated and they are ranked #17. If OSU wasn't deemed the best team by the coaches, the writers and all the other media outlets, they wouldn't be ranked #1.

Steeler in Carolina
10-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Ohio State is number 1 because they started out the season ranked higher by a bunch of guys who also had Michigan a top 5 team, Notre Dame a top 25 team, and Louisville a top 10 team. Ohio State has not had to play anyone, so when teams ahead of them in the preseason rankings fall, they move up. Teams like Arizona St who don't start the season ranked, have a harder road than a bigger name team.

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Then how did USF move up to #2? Look, we can go back and forth forever on this, but the FACT is that OSU is currently ranked #1 in all the polls. And the FACT is that they will play a bunch of good teams in the next 5 weeks. If they win out they deserve to play for the national championship game.

Steeler in Carolina
10-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I agree that if Ohio State wins out, they deserve to be #1. I am only saying that the pollsters favor the bigger names more. Here's an example:

1.Michigan is a preseason top 5 team. They lose to App St (who has won 2 1-AA National titles) and they fall out of the top 25 because no 1-A team should lose to 1-AA no matter how good they may be.

2. USC loses to Stanford who is probably not as good as App St. USC drops to #7 or so. This lose is every bit as bad as Michigan's, but because it is Stanford, they drop low.

Now, USF loses this week. My prediction is that they will drop to at least 12. They will drop more than USC even though Rutgers is much better than Stanford.

My whole argument is that the "name" teams are given too much creditability even though the sometimes have not earned it.

revefsreleets
10-20-2007, 09:57 PM
"Earned it"? OSU is on a 26 game regular season winning streak, they are 27-1 in their last 28 games. I think they earned it.

More importantly, before the OSU haters pile on, this was a Big Ten game the Buckeyes played today, and they played conservatively. The score does not indicate what actually happened. MSU scored 14 points defensively in 56 seconds.

Oklahoma almost lost to Iowa State (Who lost to Kent State) but no one will talk about that. The Buckeyes are still #1 and deserve to be.

Steeler in Carolina
10-20-2007, 10:03 PM
They do deserve to be ranked #1. They have not lost and that important. I feel that Arizona St should be #2 and Kansas should be #3 and Boston College#4(or in any other order, but those teams should be the top 4).

revefsreleets
10-20-2007, 10:27 PM
But ASU isn't anywhere near the second best team in the country. And why do you have them ranked higher than an also undefeated BC? BC at least beat #15 at the time GT. ASU will lose several games this year, and everyone knows it. THAT'S why they are ranked so low. BC will probably lose next Thursday to VT.

Steeler in Carolina
10-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I only meant that those 4 teams should be the top 4 team. I was naming the undefeated teams off memory. Yes, I think BC should be #2, but Arizona St should be given more respect since they are undefeated.

Steeler in Carolina
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Also, I think until Ohio St loses, they should be #1.

Godfather
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
"Earned it"? OSU is on a 26 game regular season winning streak, they are 27-1 in their last 28 games. I think they earned it.

More importantly, before the OSU haters pile on, this was a Big Ten game the Buckeyes played today, and they played conservatively. The score does not indicate what actually happened. MSU scored 14 points defensively in 56 seconds.

Oklahoma almost lost to Iowa State (Who lost to Kent State) but no one will talk about that. The Buckeyes are still #1 and deserve to be.

Last season should have zero bearing on the current rankings. That said, Ohio State deserves #1 based on what they've done in 2007.

Godfather
10-21-2007, 03:25 PM
ASU will lose several games this year, and everyone knows it. THAT'S why they are ranked so low.

Then drop them when they lose.

Southern Cal was the best team ever in 2005 and "everybody" "knew" it. Oops. Heck, they were "obviously" the best team in the country one month ago--except they're not even the best USC.

Oklahoma was the best team ever in 2003...and didn't even win their conference. You have to go by the record, not what someone should do in the future. If the NFL did things that way, the Colts get crowned by the media in 2005 instead of the team that deserved it and won it on the field.

Jeremy
10-21-2007, 03:42 PM
USC sucks....period.

Arizona State is a better team than USC and will beat them this season. You can go ahead and write that one down because I'm standing behind that call.

The MNC game is going to be LSU and Ohio State.

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Actually, USC is more dangerous with a loss than they would have been undefeated.

As for ASU, they'll lose one or both of their next two games (Cal at home, Oregon on the road).

And if OSU makes anywhere near as many offensive mistakes as they did against mediocre MSU, they will lose in happy Valley Saturday night.

Eh, while we're at it, I've got VT over BC Thursday Night.

pittsburghp8baller
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
BCS Week 2 Rankkings

1. Ohio State
2. Boston College
3. LSU
4. Arizona State
5. Oregon
6. Oklahoma
7. West Virginia
8. Virginia Tech
9. Kansas
10. South Florida
11. Florida
12. USC
13. Missouri
14. Kentucky
15. Virginia
16. South Carolina
17. Hawaii
18. Georgia
19. Texas
20. Michigan
21. California
22. Auburn
23. Connecticut
24. Alabama
25. Penn State
26. Wake Forest
27. Rutgers
28. UCLA
29. Boise State
30. Wisconsin

Haiku_Dirtt
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
USC sucks....period.

Arizona State is a better team than USC and will beat them this season. You can go ahead and write that one down because I'm standing behind that call.

The MNC game is going to be LSU and Ohio State.

You'd like to think that. But really. When your second string left guard has to shift to being the third string center - and that's not the bad news - what team in the nation won't trip up. The injury report going into the Stanford game could double as a NFL Draft sheet.

The fork in the horse didn't stick yet. USC v. Oregon is the leading indicator for BCS Six.

Steve Sarkisian's squad is getting healthier and Mark Sanchez is giving the SC offense exactly what it needed - mobility. He's only two starts but as along as he knows to go to Fred Davis in the clutch and with the return of Stafon Johnson the Ducks are going to see an entirely different offense - much quicker. The game against the Irish was the mini-debut.

But the battle I want to see is the beast Sedrick Ellis and the SC defense go to battle against an outstanding Oregon offensive line.

The novelty in Tempe known as the Sun Devils will have to wait.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Actually, USC is more dangerous with a loss than they would have been undefeated.

As for ASU, they'll lose one or both of their next two games (Cal at home, Oregon on the road).

And if OSU makes anywhere near as many offensive mistakes as they did against mediocre MSU, they will lose in happy Valley Saturday night.

Eh, while we're at it, I've got VT over BC Thursday Night.

The irrational exuburence with the weekly hot stock is unusually high this season. Looks like BC is next. But it's only a matter of time until the cream rises and the injuries grow malignant to see who will really contend for the "BCS Six" SweepStakes.

And while the Boston College QB story is all fine and dandy the second ranked team in the country should not allow Notre Dame to reach the end zone. And that is exactly what happened twice just nine days ago. Maybe BC is a Top 10 but I don't buy it. VT I would but lower Top 10.

The Coaches Top 10 is far more lucid than the BCS. ASU and UCLA are looking a little frothy atop the PAC 10. Until USC can redeem in Eugene the Sun Devils should be ranked a notch higher.

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
As for Sanchez, I remember watching him play in the Army HS All-Star game. I think that was the same year that Beanie Wells played in the game. You could tell he was going to be impressive.

The real reason I have VT picked is the "Frank Beamer Special". The offense will score a little, but the Hokies defense and (especially) special teams will win that game. Being at home helps, too. Blacksburg on a Thursady night will be rockin', and if BC can't take the crowd out early, it could be a long night for Ryan.

pittsburghp8baller
10-23-2007, 09:57 AM
The real reason I have VT picked is the "Frank Beamer Special". The offense will score a little, but the Hokies defense and (especially) special teams will win that game. Being at home helps, too. Blacksburg on a Thursady night will be rockin', and if BC can't take the crowd out early, it could be a long night for Ryan.

thats why i think VT will win. BC wont play another defense like this again.

TackleMeBen
10-23-2007, 10:22 AM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my wolverines moved up 5 spots... we are on our way to the top now baby...lol

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I hope they can crawl back into the top 10, so the Buckeyes beating them will be a quality win.

Steeler in Carolina
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Tonight is another big night for the BCS rankings. Boston College vs Va Tech. Should be a good one.

revefsreleets
10-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Total meltdown by the Hokies last night. It's an impressive win by BC, but the nature of it still leaves a lot of questions. Looking ahead at their schedule, I have to think they now have the path of least resistance to the BCS NC game, and that includes the ACC championship game, which right now looks like it would be against Virginia.

Steeler in Carolina
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, after today, the Trojans are out of the BCS title game. It is going to be a great stretch run.

TackleMeBen
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
wekk at least michigan won today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BLUE

Haiku_Dirtt
10-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, after today, the Trojans are out of the BCS title game. It is going to be a great stretch run.

I feel like I'm standing in an empty parking lot wondering where I parked.

And something needs to be done about BC. Who did Tonya Harding use again? :smashy:

I can handle an LSU and root for an Oregon. The Ducks are a dangerous team.

Jeremy
10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
Keep an eye on the ASU Sun Devils. They could be the fly in the ointment this season.

Haiku_Dirtt
10-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Keep an eye on the ASU Sun Devils. They could be the fly in the ointment this season.

How cool that we only have to wait one week to find out. If anyone needs a source of adrenaline then head to Tempe or Eugene this week.

Pulling USC and ASU at home was a jackpot for the Ducks . But it's not like the 39-7 whipping in Michigan didn't happen. It did and on the road.

But the Sun Devils are alot more than a fly.

Jeremy
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
How cool that we only have to wait one week to find out. If anyone needs a source of adrenaline then head to Tempe or Eugene this week.

Pulling USC and ASU at home was a jackpot for the Ducks . But it's not like the 39-7 whipping in Michigan didn't happen. It did and on the road.

But the Sun Devils are alot more than a fly.

True enough. I keep telling people that with one possible exception, I think the national champion will have one loss. That exception is the ASU Sun Devils. The Devils have taken down Cal, and they have USC and Oregon left. If they can take them out, there's no way they get shut out of the MNC Game.

revefsreleets
10-29-2007, 09:21 AM
OSU very possibly won't lose. BC plays at Maryland, at Clemson and is home against Miami. I guess they could lose one of those games, but it's unlikely. And they have the ACC Championship game, but the ACC is not a strong conference this year. I think those two teams have the inside track at playing each other at 12-0 and 13-0.

Jeremy
10-29-2007, 09:27 AM
OSU very possibly won't lose. BC plays at Maryland, at Clemson and is home against Miami. I guess they could lose one of those games, but it's unlikely. And they have the ACC Championship game, but the ACC is not a strong conference this year. I think those two teams have the inside track at playing each other at 12-0 and 13-0.

BC will lose.

revefsreleets
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
It's possible, but I really had that VT game as their one loss. Considering that OSU is going to be disrespected almost no matter what, I'd prefer that that they NOT play BC. LSU or Oregon would be considered the tougher test, and as a Bucks fan, I want to play the toughest opponent possible for the NC game (should the Buckeyes win out, of course).

Jeremy
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
It's possible, but I really had that VT game as their one loss. Considering that OSU is going to be disrespected almost no matter what, I'd prefer that that they NOT play BC. LSU or Oregon would be considered the tougher test, and as a Bucks fan, I want to play the toughest opponent possible for the NC game (should the Buckeyes win out, of course).

You know, I don't know what to make of Ohio State. One one hand, they're an Ohio team and so they're not really that high on my list. On the other hands, with the meltdown of Penn State and Joe Paterno, it seems like Ohio State and West Virginia are the two best chances Western Pa kids are going to have to play big time college football these days.

But OSU has two more tough games before they can start talking MNC.

revefsreleets
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
They'll handle Wisconsin and Illinois. And Tressel owns Michigan.

pittsburghp8baller
10-29-2007, 09:01 PM
BCS Rankings Week 3

1. Ohio State
2. Boston College
3. LSU
4. Arizona State
5. Oregon
6. Oklahoma
7. West Virginia
8. Kansas
9. Missouri
10. Georgia
11. VA Tech
12. Michigan
13. UCONN
14. Hawaii
15. Texas
16. Auburn
17. Alabama
18. South Florida
19. USC
20. Florida
21. Wisconsin
22. Boise STate
23. Virginia
24. Wake Forest
25. Clemson
26. South Carolina
27. Tennessee
28. Kentucky
29. Purdue
30. California

Jeremy
10-30-2007, 09:14 AM
West Virginia at 7.

UConn at 13.

TackleMeBen
10-30-2007, 10:07 AM
They'll handle Wisconsin and Illinois. And Tressel owns Michigan.

revs

you may get your wish. michigan is moving up in the bcs standings so they can look even better when they beat OSU:wink02:

revefsreleets
10-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Look at the bright side. When Tress hangs yet another loss on the Wolverines Carr will get fired and Michigan will hopefully hire a coach who can renew this increasingly one-sided "rivalry".

Here's more bad news for that team up North. James Laurinaitis was talking about the Florida debacle last year and he stated that during the Northwestern game and continuing for the rest of last season, the team became very distracted by individual awards and the defense in particular became complacent, which explains why MIchigan hung 39 and Florida hung 41 on them. He made it quite clear that it will not be repeated this year. Quite frankly, this defense is better, and the offense is becoming just as good (and more balanced) then last years.

TackleMeBen
10-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Look at the bright side. When Tress hangs yet another loss on the Wolverines Carr will get fired and Michigan will hopefully hire a coach who can renew this increasingly one-sided "rivalry".

Here's more bad news for that team up North. James Laurinaitis was talking about the Florida debacle last year and he stated that during the Northwestern game and continuing for the rest of last season, the team became very distracted by individual awards and the defense in particular became complacent, which explains why MIchigan hung 39 and Florida hung 41 on them. He made it quite clear that it will not be repeated this year. Quite frankly, this defense is better, and the offense is becoming just as good (and more balanced) then last years.

yes i cant wait until carr gets the boot. speaking of, there was a statement in the detroit free press sunday, saying the ben was 8-0 in the state of ohio so maybe he could be the next U of M coach ..lol

revefsreleets
10-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't want to talk to much smack before the game. It is, after all, the greatest rivalry in all of college football and literally anything could happen.

Steeler in Carolina
10-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Michigan-Ohio State is always a battle and it seems that the team you think will win usually doesn't.

TackleMeBen
11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't want to talk to much smack before the game. It is, after all, the greatest rivalry in all of college football and literally anything could happen.

you are correct. its the best rivalry in college football. i would have to say its one of the best rivalry of all.. i mean there is the duke/unc basketball games which are always good.

revefsreleets
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
I can't believe we are a mere 2 weeks and 2 days from the game. Seems like the season just started about 10 days ago.

Steeler in Carolina
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I know. We wait 8 1-2 months for the season to start, and now it is almost over.

revefsreleets
11-02-2007, 09:24 AM
January/February is a trying time for me. I don't really get into the NBA, and it's no coincidence that I started watching NASCAR (whose season starts in mid-February) right after the last NBA strike.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Chalk up another win for the Buckeyes against Wisconsin. Should still be number 1 this week.

Jeremy
11-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Chalk up another win for the Buckeyes against Wisconsin. Should still be number 1 this week.

Yeah, but things could really shake up behind them.

Steeler in Carolina
11-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Buckeyes are going to BCS title game if they win out. Who they play is another story.

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I gotta say, OSU has a giant target on their chest, and they are getting the absolute best effort from the Big Ten teams they play. There was a moment today when Wiscy jumped up 17-10 where everyone in the sports bar was a little nervous. But they stepped up and finished like they do. This is a better OSU team then the one that won the NC in '02. That team couldn't finish anyone off.

Honestly, though, PJ Hill not playing was the whole reason Wiscy made it a game. They came out throwing the ball, and nobody expected that. Once the Bucks adjusted, it was game over. If Hill would have played, they would have scored 3 points.

I also have to say I no longer doubt Kansas. Before today, they played nobody of any real consequence, and the 2 "decent" teams they played (Colorado and Texas A&M) they had trouble scoring and only won like 19-14. But even in a really bad and down year for Nebraska, if you hang almost 80 points on the Cornhuskers, you're for real.

Steeler in Carolina
11-04-2007, 12:00 AM
Ohio State will face another test in Illinois next week. Zook has brought in some good athletes. Win next week and they go into the big house the following week.

Jeremy
11-04-2007, 10:06 AM
But even in a really bad and down year for Nebraska, if you hang almost 80 points on the Cornhuskers, you're for real.

:yawn:

Sorry, got to disagree with ya right there my friend. Nebraska is horrible and they've given up on their coach. There was no way Kansas was going to lose that game. At this point, Nebraska is playing to get their coach fired.

Kansas will get one shot and one shot only to prove they're for real, and that's when they play the Sooners in the Big XII Title Game.

But like we saw yeterday, it might not matter because the SEC has decided that LSU will win the conference no matter what happens on the field.

pittsburghp8baller
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
BCS Rankings Week 4

1 Ohio State
2 LSU
3 Oregon
4 Kansas
5 Oklahoma
6 Missouri
7 West Virginia
8 Boston College
9 Arizona State
10 Georgia
11 Virginia Tech
12 Michigan
13 Connecticut
14 Texas
15 Florida
16 Hawaii
17 USC
18 Auburn
19 Virginia
20 Boise State
21 Clemson
22 Alabama
23 Penn State
24 Tennesee
25 Kentucky

Jeremy
11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
BCS Rankings Week 4

1 Ohio State
2 LSU
3 Oregon
4 Kansas
5 Oklahoma
6 Missouri
7 West Virginia
8 Boston College
9 Arizona State
10 Georgia
11 Virginia Tech
12 Michigan
13 Connecticut
14 Texas
15 Florida
16 Hawaii
17 USC
18 Auburn
19 Virginia
20 Boise State
21 Clemson
22 Alabama
23 Penn State
24 Tennesee
25 Kentucky

12 Michigan

With a bullet!

revefsreleets
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Kansas plays Missouri before the Big XII championship. And I don't care far Nebraska has fallen, you don't give up 80 points in D1-A football unless the competition is real.

jj06
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
go dawgs..no way we can get in the title game but hopefully UGA can get in the sugar bowl if they win the SEC

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 09:19 AM
go dawgs..no way we can get in the title game but hopefully UGA can get in the sugar bowl if they win the SEC

The Bulldogs need Tennessee to drop an SEC game to get in to the SEC Championship.

SteelCityMan786
11-11-2007, 10:37 AM
12 Michigan

With a bullet!

1 Ohio State..........MAN DOWN!

pittsburghp8baller
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
what do yall think, do u put one loss oregon and one loss lsu in the national championship before u let undeafeted kansas into the NC game? this is assuming all three win out.

Jeremy
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
what do yall think, do u put one loss oregon and one loss lsu in the national championship before u let undeafeted kansas into the NC game? this is assuming all three win out.

If Kansas can beat Missouri and the South Champ, they'll jump in to the #2 spot.

Hines0wnz
11-12-2007, 01:27 AM

Nope. Cal has lost 4 games in a row now and they beat Oregon earlier which should hurt them (Oregon) in the end. Wait.......that's if a competent system was in place.

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Agree about Kansas. They will have had to beat #7 Missouri and #5 OU to remain undefeated. If they accomplish that, they deserve to be #1.

And looking at all the scenarios, I'd say that the race to get in the BCS CG is still wide open. Oregon has the easiest path for sure, with Arizona, Oregon St and UCLA left, teams with a collective 17-13 record. LSU could lose. WV could lose to either Cincy or UConn. I have a feeling that it may end up being a Big 12 team and Oregon.

pittsburghp8baller
11-12-2007, 11:33 AM
BCS Standings Week 5

1 LSU
2 Oregon
3 Kansas
4 Oklahoma
5 Missouri
6 West Virginia
7 Ohio State
8 Arizona State
9 Georgia
10 Virginia Tech
11 USC
12 Florida
13 Texas
14 Virginia
15 Clemson
16 Hawaii
17 Boston College
18 Boise State
19 Illinois
20 Boise State
21 Michigan
22 Cincinnati
23 Kentucky
24 UConn
25 Wisconsin

revefsreleets
11-12-2007, 06:11 PM
By the way, Hawaii needs some more real teams to lose to make it into the BCS. 16 won't do it, they need 12.

pittsburghp8baller
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
BCS Rankings Week 7

1. Missouri
2. West Virginia
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Kansas
6. Virginia Tech
7. LSU
8. USC
9. Oklahoma
10. Florida
11. Boston College
12. Hawaii
13. Arizona State
14. Tennessee
15. Illinois
16. Clemson
17. Oregon
18. Wisconsin
19. BYU
20. Texas
21. South Florida
22. Virginia
23. Cincinnati
24. Auburn
25. Boise State

steelergirl07
11-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Let's hope Hawaii beats Washington and stays in the top 12.

revefsreleets
11-25-2007, 08:40 PM
I want them up there. I want to see what they can do against real competition.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2007, 08:57 PM

I might warn WVU and Mizzou to be on upset alert.

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
WVU would definitely be an upset, but OU over Missouri could very well happen. Then again, it's very difficult to beat a good team twice in one year.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
WVU would definitely be an upset, but OU over Missouri could very well happen. Then again, it's very difficult to beat a good team twice in one year.

And even though that BCS Championship Game won't include the best teams in the country I would be thoroughly peeved if Missouri loses to the Sooners.

And it's not because of my dislike of Stoops. I am drooling at the opportunity to expose the Buckeyes in Pasadena for "who we thought they are." Can't you already hear the 'rust' excuses hitting the newswire on Jan. 1, 2008 @ approx. 11pm EST.

But if Missouri does blow one to OU then go ahead and count on a split national championship. An OSU victory over WVU proves little.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Curious matchup indeed. Alot of Warrior fans (actually they are the Rainbow Warriors) want Hawaii to join the Pac 10. Won't happen anytime soon.

Kansas and Virginia Tech have no business being in the Top 8 or Top 10.

revefsreleets
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm very curious as to how exactly the Buckeyes are so"exposed"? They lost one game (just like every other top 10 team did) to a very good, 9-3 Illinois team that is poised to break out next year.

Isn't this really just hate? And who exactly ARE the best two teams in the Country?

pittsburghp8baller
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Isn't this really just hate? And who exactly ARE the best two teams in the Country?

Hawaii and Ohio State!!!!

jus kiddding but i think Ohio State still deserves to be in the NC game along with missouri if they win or West Virginia

steelergirl07
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Curious matchup indeed. Alot of Warrior fans (actually they are the Rainbow Warriors) want Hawaii to join the Pac 10.

I never liked the name rainbow warriors. I'm glad Jones changed it.