PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin PC

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Injuries: Ward will be back. Hampton limited (monitored). Hopeful he will be back. B-Mac doubtful. Tuman back spasm questionable but hopeful. Troy and Holmes will be good. Not even on the injury list.

Sounds good.

RunWillieRun
10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Troy?

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Troy?

Sorry. I edited my first post. They literally just asked him about Troy and Holmes. Normally he goes over every injury and then takes questions. He left out Troy and Holmes and then was asked afterwards.

Jman
10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Sounds good to me!

Preacher
10-16-2007, 11:20 AM
WoooHooooooooo

Sounds like we are going to be very healthy for this next stretch.... very important to be undefeated in our conference.

bradness113
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
link?
vid?

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
link?
vid?

It's literally on TV right now.

RunWillieRun
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Sorry. I edited my first post. They literally just asked him about Troy and Holmes. Normally he goes over every injury and then takes questions. He left out Troy and Holmes and then was asked afterwards.

Thanks!

klick81
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Nice...that's def. good to hear.

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Steelers not totally healthy for Sunday
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Steelers used the bye week to nurse some injuries but they aren’t completely healthy as they get ready for a Sunday night game in Denver.

Cornerback Bryant McFadden (ankle) is doubtful for the 8:30 p.m. game and tight end Jerame Tuman (back spasms) is questionable for the contest that will be televised nationally.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Casey Hampton (hamstring) will be limited in practice tomorrow and that the Steelers are hopeful the nose tackle is able to play against the Broncos.

The good news for the Steelers is wide receivers Hines Ward (knee) and Santonio Holmes (hamstring) as well as strong safety Troy Polamalu (ribs) are expected to play Sunday.

Ward, who has missed the Steelers’ last two games, will practice Wednesday, Tomlin said.

As for Holmes and Polamalu, Tomlin said the two are "fine." But, he added in regard to how healthy they are following the bye week, "I've been surprised before."

Tomlin said running back Najeh Davenport’s legal issues won’t affect his status for the game.

Davenport has been charged with domestic violence, child endangering and unlawful restraint stemming from a recent dispute with the mother of his son.

Tomlin said Davenport will practice all week and play against the Broncos.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_532947.html

steel58
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Not to be negative, but weren't Troy and Hampton mentioned by Tomlin as not being on the injury report and good to go after the Arizona game?

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Not to be negative, but weren't Troy and Hampton mentioned by Tomlin as not being on the injury report and good to go after the Arizona game?

Yeah, but I think a good bit of that had to do with giving them an extra week off during the bye. He seemed cautiously optimistic with Hampton but with Troy and Holmes he seemed very positive stating that they are not even listed.

TackleMeBen
10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
i think we learned our lesson on rushing guys back too soon.

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
I also think that maybe Ward, Polamalu and Hampton took it upon themselves to tell Tomlin before the Seattle game that it probably wouldn't be smart to play that week instead of pushing Tomlin to let them play. Guy is not a mind reader. No coach is.

I know Ward wasn't very optimistic before the Seattle game and made it clear in a few interviews before that game. Same with Polamalu.

TackleMeBen
10-16-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm I think also that maybe Ward, Polamalu and Hampton took it upon themselves to tell Tomlin know before the Seattle game that it probably wouldn't be smart to play that week instead of pushing Tomlin to let them play. Guy is not a mind reader. No coach is.

I know Ward wasn't very optimistic before the Seattle game and made it clear in a few interviews before that game.
i would much rather a player telling the coach that he isnt ready to play and the coach sit him.

83-Steelers-43
10-16-2007, 01:47 PM
PPG injury report fwiw...

At least 3 injured Steelers starters to return Sunday
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers will welcome at least three of their four injured starters back this week and may even make it four-for-four.

Coach Mike Tomlin said today at his news conference that wide receivers Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes and strong safety Troy Polamalu all will return to the lineup for their next game in Denver Sunday night.

All three missed the past game with various injuries, and Ward has missed the last two.

The only one of the four starters whose status has not been determined is nose tackle Casey Hampton. He missed the last game with a hamstring injury that Tomlin said will limit him in practice tomorrow. The coach said they will monitor Hampton as the week goes on and they are "hopeful" he will play.

Also, backup tight end Jerame Tuman has had back spasms that may limit him in practice, and No. 3 cornerback Bryant McFadden remains doubtful with a high ankle sprain.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07289/825873-66.stm

jjpro11
10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
what ever happened with davenport? did he turn himself in?

steelpride12
10-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Sounds good, and hopefully B Mcfadden gets healed up that injury sucks!

klick81
10-16-2007, 03:29 PM
what ever happened with davenport? did he turn himself in?

I've been wondering that myself.

stillers4me
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I thought I read he did and paid $7500 bail. No link........but I think I read that somewhere.

I'm sure he's already been brought into the principal's office and the big man knows his side of the story.

tony hipchest
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
"Im a football coach. Im not a grass guy or a turf guy." :sofunny:

note to reporters-

tomlin will talk all the football you want, but dont bother with crap such as the turf, altitude, wafting cirrus clouds, or the forecast. :nono: tomlin just laughed at the reporter wanting to know about mile high grass.

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Judge denied visitation rights with the son & Najeh has appealed that - how that appeal turns out may be a first indication of how the courts are looking at these charges.

83-Steelers-43
10-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Select quotes from Tomlin's Tuesday press conference
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tomlin on...

Playing against the Denver Broncos, who have been in more close games than the Steelers:

"If there's anything that concerns you at this point in the week, this team has been in more rubber-meets-the-road moments than we have. They probably have a better sense of how to deal with adversity than we do. It's a challenge we're going to have to face."

The Steelers' not getting the national attention that teams like the unbeaten Patriots and Colts have:

"We don't worry about the variables that don't matter, whether we're flying above the radar, under the radar or who's doing what. We focus on the things that we can control, and that's our preparation. If we're as good as maybe we think we are we'll run across some of those teams at some point."

Players like fullback Dan Kreider, who don't start but are valuable to the Steelers:

"We have quite a few guys, specifically offensively, that may not be listed as starters but have significant roles in what we do: Dan, Najeh (Davenport), (Matt) Spaeth, (Jerame) Tuman, Nate Washington, Cedrick Wilson. We've got to be able to spread the ball around, we've got to be able to use multiple personnel groups, we've always got to be ready to call on men in their area of expertise, and Dan is always ready to do that."

Cornerback Ike Taylor and his stellar play through the Steelers' first five games:

"He has not ridden the emotional roller coaster this year. He prepares. He goes out and performs, and he's playing at a high level. He has a desire to be great. I still think his best football's ahead of him."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_532979.html

Galax Steeler
10-17-2007, 03:56 AM
It's good seeing Ike playing good football last couple of years I had my doughts.

HometownGal
10-17-2007, 08:05 AM
"We don't worry about the variables that don't matter, whether we're flying above the radar, under the radar or who's doing what. We focus on the things that we can control, and that's our preparation. If we're as good as maybe we think we are we'll run across some of those teams at some point."

And that folks is Tomlin's Steelers in a nutshell. :thumbsup::tt02:

TackleMeBen
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM
i just love hearing tomlin give press conferences and answering the stupid questions the media ask. stupidity must be a requirement to become a journalist..lol

Indy_Steelers
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Was Sapeth back last game? He was supposed to be but he did not get as much action as he did in his first two games if he was. I hope is if full force for this one.