PDA

View Full Version : Patriots pick up Steelers trash again...

Lord Stiller
10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
first Vrabel, then Chad Scott, Hank Poteat, Rodney Bailey, Josh Miller and now............

Patriots | Team works out Barlow
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:59:54 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the New England Patriots worked out free-agent RB Kevan Barlow (Steelers) Monday, Oct. 15.

MasterOfPuppets
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
could it be? the ole pump and dump? naaa the pats are too good to bother looking for a competetive edge....:shake01:

tony hipchest
10-16-2007, 06:19 PM
the sad thing is, barlow can actually make that team... atleast until corey dillon decides its time to ride the gravy train again.

Mosca
10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
LOL, I'm not so sure Barlow can retain all that much information; we're assuming he learned anything at all. My bet is he can tell them next to nothing. I'd guess that the roster spot is more valuable than any information he might give.

Tom

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Ha. Looks like the Pats are always looking for ways to cheat but I'm not sure Barlow is the best person to try to get the playbook from.

ShutDown24
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
They aren't working out Barlow just for info. While he was slow and un-motivated at one point in his career (Here apparently), so were 40 other guys on New England’s roster. If they were going after information they would have tried to work out Verron Haynes (Who just visited New Orleans btw)... The Pats are cheaters but they aren't stupid. If they were looking to get more information than actual playing from someone they would have known where to go. I think this instance of looking at a guy was legitimate.

Edman
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
The Pats are somewhat thin at RB. Weren't they down to their 3rd RB in Dallas?

ShutDown24
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
The Pats are somewhat thin at RB. Weren't they down to their 3rd RB in Dallas?

Kevin Faulk yes? He has been more of a role player recently than a real back up? Although he is listed as the number three back on the depth chart he gets a lot of action and during the pre-Dillon days was often featured. The Pats should be and probably are content with him starting or at least playing a lot until either Maroney and or Morris are fully healthy. That being said however, behind Faulk they only have Heath Evans (FB) and some Eckols guy who has almost no experience? Although Evans has run for one hundred yards in a game for them once before, they need to have someone else at least on speed dial.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-17-2007, 08:06 AM
LOL, I'm not so sure Barlow can retain all that much information; we're assuming he learned anything at all. My bet is he can tell them next to nothing. I'd guess that the roster spot is more valuable than any information he might give.

Tom

He didnt learn enough to make our team...cant figure he will be a wealth of knowledge.:sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-17-2007, 08:07 AM
This will give those bastards some depth at RB and some info on the December 9th game when we travel to Foxborough to kick their asses.

HometownGal
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey - maybe the Cheatsies can get a two-fer. Barlow and Staley, complete with grey hooded sweatsuts and almost 500 lbs. of beef!. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
10-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey - maybe the Cheatsies can get a two-fer. Barlow and Staley, complete with grey hooded sweatsuts and almost 500 lbs. of beef!. :thumbsup:
they only need the sweatsuit. they already got their sideline model in lawrence maroney. infact we should send them 2 suits for when chad jackson is well enough to actually stand on the sidelines.

talk about dead weight.

PatsRule
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
This will give those bastards some depth at RB and some info on the December 9th game when we travel to Foxborough to kick their asses.

Well we all know the success the Steelers have had against the Patriots the last 7 years the only asses kicked will be the steelers and you all know it..

fansince'76
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Well we all know the success the Steelers have had against the Patriots the last 7 years the only asses kicked will be the steelers and you all know it..

:yawn:

Lord Stiller
10-17-2007, 04:32 PM

When's the last time you Patsies won the Super Bowl???

Keep living in the past troll

:tt02:

PatsRule
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
When's the last time you Patsies won the Super Bowl???

Keep living in the past troll

:tt02:

When was the last time you won back to back...End of that story

fansince'76
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM

Before you did, but it still doesn't change the correct assessment Lord Stiller made about you living in the past. :coffee:

Lord Stiller
10-17-2007, 04:48 PM

When's the last time you won 5 Super Bowls? you can call that the never ending story

PatsRule
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
When's the last time you won 5 Super Bowls? you can call that the never ending story

When you come to Foxboro you will have no chance none.Bill Belichek ownz the Steelers...Shall we rehash the last 3 AFC championship games we played,you want to go there.

fansince'76
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
When you come to Foxboro you will have no chance none.

Funny, I heard the same thing before we kicked the "unbeatable" Colts all over their own field in the '05 Divisional round. Beliprick won't have the added advantage of a cameraman planted on our sideline this time around either. :coffee:

PatsRule
10-17-2007, 05:06 PM
You actually think you have a better team and probably think Big Ben is better Brady (laughable) keep thinking that.Oh and Dallas thought the same thing look what happened to them,on the road see you in December wannabees...

fansince'76
10-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Oh and Dallas thought the same thing look what happened to them,on the road see you in December wannabees...

Yep, and Dallas' D got scorched by Eli Manning earlier in the season. Our D is a bit better (understatement) than Dallas'. And yes, I can't wait for Dec. 9.

BozMan
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
You actually think you have a better team and probably think Big Ben is better Brady (laughable) keep thinking that.Oh and Dallas thought the same thing look what happened to them,on the road see you in December wannabees...

I think it's pretty obvious that Pats fans view the Steelers as a threat, or else their trolls wouldn't be on these boards talking smack.

PatsRule
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Pats fans view the Steelers as a threat, or else their trolls wouldn't be on these boards talking smack.

Oh my mistake I thought this was the Colts board my bad...cya losers

fansince'76
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

LVSteelersfan
10-18-2007, 01:33 AM

Typical arrogant Pats fan. When they do not win the Super Bowl they will be nowhere to be found. :cheers:

Edman
10-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Lets see how Belicheat handles a Dungy disciple in Tomlin. You should know who Tony Dungy is Patsdrool. He's made Belicheat his ***ch the past few years, including smoking the Cheaters in the AFC title game last year.

Anyway, there's no more "do what we do" Field Goal Bill trodding the sidelines anymore. Besides that AFC Title game where Ben FINALLY hit the rookie wall in '04, he's had more than reasonable success against Belichump. Yeah, I'm sure Big Ben is quaking in his boots against the camera genius.

When Pittsburgh exposes the Pattiepies as mortal in the rusty razor in December, we'll see what you think then. Until then, hop back on the bandwagon back on the Bahston boards. If the Steelers are such wannabes, you wouldn't be here on this board to try and convince us.

Hines0wnz
10-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Steelers won back to back twice and 4 in 6 years. Your argument pales padawan.

PatsRule
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Nice win yesterday against a pathetic Denver team...You are not in the same class as New England nuff said..

Lord Stiller
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice win yesterday against a pathetic Denver team...You are not in the same class as New England nuff said..

And you are not in the same class as a decent human being

back under your bridge troll

tony hipchest
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Nice win yesterday against a pathetic Denver team...You are not in the same class as New England nuff said..patfans are not in the same class as steelerfans. nice try though. stop by again real soon and see if you can pick up more of an education :thumbsup:

oh, and pick up the trash on your way out, custodian. :coffee:

83-Steelers-43
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM

And you keep riding that 2001 and beyond bandwagon buddy. Pathetic. :thumbsup:

PatsRule
10-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Vrabel made 13 tackles (11 solo) and had three sacks in the Patriots? 52?7 win over the Washington Redskins. Vrabel forced fumbles on each of his sacks, the third of which was run back by LB Rosevelt Colvin for a touchdown. Vrabel also fielded a Redskins onside kick in the fourth quarter and caught a TD pass for good measure.

Trash you wish you had,

fansince'76
10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Vrabel made 13 tackles (11 solo) and had three sacks in the Patriots? 52?7 win over the Washington Redskins. Vrabel forced fumbles on each of his sacks, the third of which was run back by LB Rosevelt Colvin for a touchdown. Vrabel also fielded a Redskins onside kick in the fourth quarter and caught a TD pass for good measure.

Trash you wish you had,

Yep, that's why we're ranked #1 in total D (yards allowed and scoring). :coffee:

Preacher
10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh goodness....

Do we have another one of these "nouveau elites" coming and trying to tell us what its like being the royalty of the league?

I guess we just have to let these peasants who found a bag of gold under a camera have a little fun at the party for a while. Then they will realize that NFL royalty is a generational thing.

5 Superbowls
6 appearances
2 back to back superbowls
13 AFC Championship game appearances
6 wins
17 Divisional Championships
23 total playoff births.

PatsRule
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Oh goodness....

Do we have another one of these "nouveau elites" coming and trying to tell us what its like being the royalty of the league?

I guess we just have to let these peasants who found a bag of gold under a camera have a little fun at the party for a while. Then they will realize that NFL royalty is a generational thing.

5 Superbowls
6 appearances
2 back to back superbowls
13 AFC Championship game appearances
6 wins
17 Divisional Championships
23 total playoff births.

One thing you forgot nevr beat New England in a championship game 0-3 what makes you think you can do it this year in Foxboro after losing to Arizona and a pathetic denvr team with perhaps the greatest Patriots team of all time...good luck

Preacher
10-31-2007, 03:27 PM
One thing you forgot nevr beat New England in a championship game 0-3 what makes you think you can do it this year in Foxboro after losing to Arizona and a pathetic denvr team with perhaps the greatest Patriots team of all time...good luck

As I said...

Typical...

MACH1
10-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Smells like another litp.

In the mean time don't you have some cheating to go take care of?

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Vrabel made 13 tackles (11 solo) and had three sacks in the Patriots’ 52–7 win over the Washington Redskins. Vrabel forced fumbles on each of his sacks, the third of which was run back by LB Rosevelt Colvin for a touchdown. Vrabel also fielded a Redskins onside kick in the fourth quarter and caught a TD pass for good measure.

Trash you wish you had,

The undefeated Colts (who have played teams with combined winning % over .500)will be playing you with talent drafted...Gonzales, Ugoh, Ed Johnson...

The "genious" of Belicheat has forced the Pats (who have played teams with a combined winning % under .500) to buy an team..Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Thomas.

The difference between the two teams is that the Colts coach isnt throwing a tantrum over the commish publicly slapping him with a $500,000 dollar fine for cheating.

Make no mistake about it. This Bush-league running up the score, is nothing more than a wife-cheating, photographer pushing, wont shake hands when he loses, superbowl tainted coach stamping his little feet and holding his breath.

...and I know that you dont want to be confused with the FACTS....but the Pats LB's have 148 tackles and 12 sacks so far this year....Pitt has 125 tackles and 11 sacks...BUT we have had our bye week ..which means....the Patsies are averaging 18.5 LBer tackles and 1.5 LBer sacks per game...to Pitt's 17.8 tackles and 1.5 sacks

Now take into consideration that your opponants are 18-32 and ours are 21-28

Yea ..our #1 defense REALLY wants your trash....:dang:

HometownGal
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Hmmmm - maybe if we had employed someone to read the Cheatsies' defensive signals, we would have a few more Lombardis. :scratchchin:

Well - before 2001, there really wasn't a great Patroits team or even a good one, so that really isn't something to thump your chest about, Tarzan.

CantStop85
10-31-2007, 04:14 PM
23 total playoff births.

Interesting statistic...I don't even think Travis "The Sperminator" Henry could beat that. :flap:

rbryan
10-31-2007, 04:35 PM
How special, another turd from patsieville to enlighten us poor Steeler fans. I really appreciate you warning us about the patsies. I hadn't heard anything about how they were doing this year.

BTW, last years AFCCG was a fun game, did you get a chance to see it ? That must have really sucked to blow a lead like that.

Thanks for stopping by Chowderhead, you can go now.