PDA

View Full Version : Any Radiohead fans?

revefsreleets
10-17-2007, 06:56 PM
In Rainbows is their new release, but they didn't release it in any stores. Instead they offered two options through their website. Either pay $80 for a really fancy package with some extra songs, a book and a bunch of other extras, or download it for whatever you think it's worth. I've been a big fan for a long time, so I paid real money for it, but I guess a lot of people are only paying like a single pence for it (you pay in British currency since it's a British site). There is a currency converter on the site though.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea. Rather than alienate fans like Metallica did, why not embrace downloading of music? I've heard that a bunch of other artists are going to do the same thing. As for the album itself, I've only given it two listens, and I like it a lot, but it's Radiohead. I'll have a better idea about how I really feel after about 60 more listens.

Even if you don't care for the band (and they are definitely a love em or hate em kind of band), you have to give them props for having the balls to do this.

vasteeler
10-18-2007, 12:22 PM
ive recently downloaded a couple of their albums due to a friend hyping them up but have not listened to the yet will let you know what i think once i do

Polamalu Princess
10-19-2007, 07:49 PM
I use to be a fan. Maybe I will check the new album. Kudos to them!

Boomerang
10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah good band my favorite track is "Lucky"

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Well, I've pretty much listened to nothing BUT In Rainbows since it came out, and it may be my favorite Radiohead album. We'll see. I need another 150 listens before I can properly decide.