PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker: Steelers 'scared' of Denver.

Edman
10-18-2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7393

Granted he had a big day LAST YEAR...

But in general I think he's stating the obvious. The Steelers ARE preparing for anything Denver can throw at them, including him. That's how football strategy works, dumb***. There's nothing "being scared" about it. Let's see how big he feels after he goes up against a rejuvenated Ike Taylor and more focused Steeler team. It doesn't take a genius to realize that these aren't your turnover-prone complacent Steelers of 2006.

Steelers 31
Donkeys 13

Galax Steeler
10-18-2007, 03:49 AM
He is just talking alot of hype from what I've seen he didn't even practice wensday.

HometownGal
10-18-2007, 06:22 AM
As proof of his point, Walker recalled the last time he faced Pittsburgh in Week 9 of 2006, when he gashed the Steelers for 206 total yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns.

"Last I (played them), I had like 200-something yards of offense," Walker said. "So they're probably sitting back watching tape saying, 'Do we hope he comes back? Is he going to come back?' That's what they have to worry about. I'm not worried about anything. The guy who lines up over me has to be scared. The only thing I'm going to do is just run the plays that are called."

Oh yes, Javon - the Steelers are sooooo skeered of you - whatever are they going to do? How are they going to sleep Saturday night while having nightmares about you? :blah::blah::blah:

Your 200 yard game was last year, picklehead. This is a reborn, rejuvenated and fiery Pittsburgh Steelers team with a new HC beginning a new era of the Steelers winning tradition. If I were you, I'd be worrying about how bad I'm going to be hurting after the game and which Steelers defender is going to rip my head off of my shoulders and sh it down the hole.

Jay Cutler. Enough said. :toofunny::toofunny:

DACEB
10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
It's there for all to see, lets go guys show him the steel curtain!!

Lord Stiller
10-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Maybe that idiot should watch the tape of the AFC championship game, that is what is likely to happen on Sunday

onthebus36
10-18-2007, 08:01 AM
The funny thing is he isn't even a lock to play. He's nursing a bad knee and just started practicing this week.

TackleMeBen
10-18-2007, 08:08 AM
Maybe he just wanted to give the defense some bulletin board material, like they need any more to get them fired up for a game.

KYSteelersfan
10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Somebody piss test this f'king moron. He has to be high on something to think we are scared of him. Whoopie-de-f'king-do, he had 200+ yds LAST year. This is this year. Bring it you moron. And don't go crying when the D puts you flat on your back for another week or two, and don't blame your gimpy knee for a piss poor performance either.

X-Terminator
10-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Javon Walker has diarrhea of the mouth, which is no surprise. I expect the Steelers will make him choke on it before the night is over.

memphissteelergirl
10-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Javon Walker has diarrhea of the mouth, which is no surprise. I expect the Steelers will make him choke on it before the night is over.

Ewwwww.....thanks for the visual, X! :yuck:

yinzer-inseattle
10-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Javon is making some big ASSumptions. First is that he'll play and second that Cutler will be upright long enough to get him the ball and third that he's even on the field for more than 20 minutes (if Willie and the running game get going don't count on it).

Let him run his mouth, that will be the only part of his body that gets any production on Sunday.

SteelFist
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Nice job Javon..:dang:...just fuel to the fire.

SteelerFanInCA
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
What a clown this guy is. Let's see if this guy even suits up. :dang::dang:

The Duke
10-18-2007, 03:21 PM
with the way ike's been working with tomlin I don't think Walker will get a chance in this game. shut him down ike!!

MONTANA GRIZ
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Javon better play this week, his team will be pissed if throws out the bulletin board material, then doesn't back it up.
Haha I hope he plays so that Troy can put a few hits on him. Even if he has another big day, Parker is going to be running all over that Denver D.

Is Ike Taylor going to play?

Lord Stiller
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Is Ike Taylor going to play?

Why wouldn't he? He is not hurt and is our #1 CB

I dont see Javon having a big day at all

steelpride12
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
He is just hyped up like the rest of the team to get themselves back on track on primetime. They will come out strong and play prob. good rush defense blitzing alot, but no doubt in my mind we will keep pounding it down there mouths for the win! Go Steelers!

VolatileMan
10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Walker is not playing this weekend, he's having knee surgery!

The Broncos fan sites are freakin out

VolatileMan

rbryan
10-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Done for the year. Way to go Javon, talk a bunch of sh!t and then leave your team hanging to catch an azz whooping

Infamix
10-18-2007, 05:31 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/local_story_291174909.html

all that talk for nothing Javon?

as far as champ...thats just the word on the block :computer: will get article soon if it's true

Infamix
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
correction: Bailey missed practice but I beileve he is playing

Elvis
10-18-2007, 05:35 PM
:banging:
Thats too bad...
If we are gonna play someone
I had just as well beat them
with all their weapons
on the field...
:tt02:

Infamix
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
:banging:
Thats too bad...
If we are gonna play someone
I had just as well beat them
with all their weapons
on the field...
:tt02:

At least Ike is exhailing a sigh of relief...:toofunny:

just kidding, he was looking forward to his revenge day

The Duke
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
dammit, I wanted to see how ben would do against champ this time, and was also hoping for ike to get his revenge against walker. this were the match ups I was most looking forward too

cubanstogie
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
pretty convenient to talk shiit and then not suit up. I've always like Javon and thought he has major talent. Just a step above Jeremy Stevens in my book now. I hate looking past a team, but I just don't see how they can beat us. Although Shanahan is more of a genius than Belicheat in my book, so they should be prepared. 27-13 Steelers. I think we will dominate time of possesion with 35 plus minues.

Edman
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Broncs took another shot. This is disappointing, I wanted to see Javon play and have new Ike eat him for lunch.

Oh well, can't be all bad. We can see if Ben can slice and dice Mr.Bailey.

Infamix
10-18-2007, 06:14 PM
Who merged these threads? One is Javon talking about the game, the other is an injury update on the opposing team...sometimes the merges make no sense. :banging:

Borski
10-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Who merged these threads? One is Javon talking about the game, the other is an injury update on the opposing team...sometimes the merges make no sense. :banging:

I know, it doesnt...thats an odd choice to merge

redzone79
10-18-2007, 07:50 PM
My hubby is a big denver fan and his fav player is Walker. What a shame that he's not playing ha ha ha. It's good for us though, he's a big run player for them. With all of this smack he's talking is just adding fuel to the fire. But, you know what's worse for Walker than playing in the game and us creaming him? Him watching the a** whooping and not being able to do anything about it, right?? I can't wait till the game!
GO STEELERS:tt02::cheer:

MasterOfPuppets
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
:toofunny:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker will undergo surgery on his right knee on Friday and will be out for "a few weeks," coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday.

Walker missed the Broncos' past two games because of swelling, but practiced Monday and Wednesday.
"Javon's not feeling very good," Shanahan said. "He'll get operated on tomorrow in Houston, so he'll be out for a few weeks."

Shanahan didn't have a precise timetable for Walker's return.

steveironcity
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7393

Granted he had a big day LAST YEAR...

But in general I think he's stating the obvious. The Steelers ARE preparing for anything Denver can throw at them, including him. That's how football strategy works, dumb***. There's nothing "being scared" about it. Let's see how big he feels after he goes up against a rejuvenated Ike Taylor and more focused Steeler team. It doesn't take a genius to realize that these aren't your turnover-prone complacent Steelers of 2006.

Steelers 31
Donkeys 13

Thanks for the link.... I had a bad day and needed to laugh :tt02:

Preacher
10-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I keep thinking about what this means for our offense...

Is it possible, that Willie will gain 500 yards over the next two weeks against the Broncos and Bengals?

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 10:28 PM
i guess he wont have a chance to back up his talk. he had surgery today and is out indefinately.

interesting timing hmm?

ChronoCross
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Just looking forward to are tandom running game hitting them hard. That denver defense is horrible against the run this year. Parker and Dookie should have a great night.

stlrtruck
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
So this guy has become the next WR idiot in the NFL?

Call a team out on the Wed before the game only to go have surgery on your knee so you don't have to take a pounding from said team. That's weaker than CJ's latest endzone dances.

WWIIOwheelz
10-19-2007, 12:38 AM
News and Notes

Oct 18 Walker will undergo surgery on his right knee on Friday and will be out for ``a few weeks,'' coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday.

Walker missed the Broncos' past two games because of swelling, but practiced Monday and Wednesday. "Javon's not feeling very good,'' Shanahan said. "He'll get operated on tomorrow in Houston, so he'll be out for a few weeks.'' Shanahan didn't have a precise timetable for Walker's return.

Oct 18 Denver Broncos WR Javon Walker (knee) is expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. Walker is expected to be out at least a month.

This guy picks an interesting time to run his mouth

Infamix
10-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised ^^ if Walker gets caught with a steroid test a while from now. I know that's a random and weird assumtion to make, but after talking all that trash and not being able to play in the game, he's going to want to recover a little extra fast if you know what I mean.

HometownGal
10-19-2007, 06:48 AM

I merged the threads because the main subject of both is Javon Walker. Sometimes, having to repeatedly ask for people to check to see if there is another thread already in existence on the same subject makes no sense. :banging:

SteelerFanInCA
10-19-2007, 10:01 AM
So much for all of his talk.

aries4972
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Javon Walker is having knee surgery today .... HE IS A NON FACTOR and will be for at least three weeks..

steveironcity
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Javon Walker is having knee surgery today .... HE IS A NON FACTOR and will be for at least three weeks..

Well, since he spouted off that nonsense before surgery, he cant blame the painkillers.

Dino 6 Rings
10-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Fear? The only thing the Steelers fear is a lackluster performance as a team.

This game has all the makings of a HUGE day for Big Ben. #2 rushing attack vs the worst rushing defense in the league. Sounds like a perfect day to throw early and often when they put 8 in the box and open up a huge lead in the first half. Then pound the ball down their throats and win, final score 27-6. They fear our defense and fear for their qb's life.