PDA

View Full Version : SFNFC (URGENT!!!)

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
As people are joining the league PLEASE do not make any roster moves. There is a major difference between Yahoo and aol concerning individual defensive players, and you probably will have trouble setting your roster. So far both Kat and I have had the same problem. I have a solution, but we can't address it until everyone joins the league. When they do, we open waivers and allow people to make roster moves starting with the last place team and moving up.

Sorry I don't have a better solution, but it is what it is. The important thing is salvaging the league, and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road. Please be patient.

GBMelBlount
10-18-2007, 08:20 PM
As people are joining the league PLEASE do not make any roster moves. There is a major difference between Yahoo and aol concerning individual defensive players, and you probably will have trouble setting your roster. So far both Kat and I have had the same problem. I have a solution, but we can't address it until everyone joins the league. When they do, we open waivers and allow people to make roster moves starting with the last place team and moving up.

Sorry I don't have a better solution, but it is what it is. The important thing is salvaging the league, and there are bound to be a few bumps in the road. Please be patient.

LMAO, just went to look at SFNFC for roster and didn't see any points, etc. I don't know my points. Are we starting from scratch? I actually laughed when I saw what LITP did to the SFNFC site the last few days. It is hysterical!

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Nope, we are picking up where we left off. We'll just manually calculate the part of the season litp messed up.

Several reactions came to my mind when I looked at the old site. I have to say that not a single one of them was even remotely humorous. To take the work of nine other people and throw it down the toilet was childish, selfish and stupid. Sorry, but there's nothing funny about acting like a 5 year old.

Maybe if you'd have spent 5-6 hours cleaning up his mess you'd see things a little differently.

GBMelBlount
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Nope, we are picking up where we left off. We'll just manually calculate the part of the season litp messed up.

Several reactions came to my mind when I looked at the old site. I have to say that not a single one of them was even remotely humorous. To take the work of nine other people and throw it down the toilet was childish, selfish and stupid. Sorry, but there's nothing funny about acting like a 5 year old.

Maybe if you'd have spent 5-6 hours cleaning up his mess you'd see things a little differently.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work Reve.

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I need an email address. The hotmail account I have for you is bouncing back. Can you PM me a working email address?

Thanks

GBMelBlount
10-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I need an email address. The hotmail account I have for you is bouncing back. Can you PM me a working email address?

Thanks

Hmmmm. just sent my roster & aol e-mail account.

Thanks.

revefsreleets
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
You're in.

stlrtruck
10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm sorry that you guys had to go through this in the NFC.

I am happy to see that you guys are back up and running and looking forward to keeping these two leagues going in seasons to come!!

Crushzilla
10-18-2007, 11:31 PM
GB don't worry about the what has happened in that league.

I spent the first part of the week, and Rev has picked up since, on rebuilding this.

We have everything: Rosters from week to week, roster moves, waiver positions, point values, schedules. Its just going to be adding it all up now.

Don't lose any sleep over it. Just please check back when you can for new developments. Rev and I will be working to get this thing going by this Sunday.

I'd also like to thank you guys. We greatly appriciate everyone doing their part and cooperating with us to keep this thing running.

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Crush let me know that we can still do the AFC vs. NFC thing. Also, if you see anything glaringly wrong in the new league, let one of us know, but there will be changes made for the next couple of days. I REALLY want to open up waivers by Saturday morning, but we will have to do so very carefully. Once I have updated standings from the results of last week, we will open up waivers one owner at a time, from last to first, limit 3 transactions. I hate to be arbitrary about this, but it's the 11th hour and we just don't have time to be democratic. I did make one change that I wanted to run past everyone. I set up team defense scoring to reward playing well. The change awards 20 points for a shutout, 15 for 0-3 points. 10 points for 3-6 points and 5 points for 6-10. I can change that if a lot of people don't like it. The other question I had was did the individual receive points for returns in the old league or did the defense on kick/punt returns?

I have a lot of appointments today, so I may not be able to get back to this until this afternoon. I know Crush is busy too, but he's going to be working on this as well.

stlrtruck
10-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Just curious, is the scoring the same? Because if it's not, then we would need to determine the scoring method for the NFC vs. AFC.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, you guys are doing great at getting this back up!! Of course I would expect no less from a Steelers fan!!

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 04:58 PM
The scoring will be the same for the AFC vs NFC championship game only. It's all going to be done manually for that one.

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
One vote against. Any idea about PR/KR points?

GBMelBlount
10-19-2007, 08:17 PM
One vote against. Any idea about PR/KR points?

Personally, I'd like to keep everything as similar to how it was as possible.

revefsreleets
10-19-2007, 08:43 PM
2 votes against defensive awarded.

Crushzilla
10-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Ok. I have begun inputting the info.

Setting up the score was a pain in the butt. For some reason AOL makes you go through position by position and do the points again and again. I finally saw a "Copy to other positions button," but I HAD to add that reception points for a QB for that ONE time that Vince Young catches a pass or something bizarre.

Anyway, as far as I see, there are no fractional points on AOL. So while 76 rushing yards used to be 7.6 points it will now be 7. This is standard, of course, I've always been a fan of fractional, but, hey, beggars can't be choosers! Also one reception used to be worth 1/2 a point. Since they don't allow 1/2 points I had to make it that 2 catches is worth 1 point.

Not too big of a deal.

Rev. To be honest I went RIGHT into the league when I got home and didn't read this thread 'til I took a break. I already changed the defense back thinking it was their standard. We can change it back if you and the guys like, but it reflects the old system. Also, the returner DID used to get credit, and they do in this league, too.

I am now moving to back logging the rosters. This could could take a while, but if you keep checking back on the league you may see standings start to take form. I hope to get it all done tonight and am LOVING my buddy's DirectTV right now to keep me sane (I am catsitting).

I'll be checking back periodically, let me know if you guys need anything :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
10-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Crush,

Thank you thank thank you! I got called out on a project that's going to tie up several hours of my time, so it's awesome you're able to do this.

Dynasty
10-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Are waivers open?

Crushzilla
10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Not quite

revefsreleets
10-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Waivers are open. We MUST proceed in this order, or we'll have to wipe all transactions. LIMIT 4 transactions.

CantStop85
Hines86
Pballer
Dynasty
Rev
Duke
Buzz Kat
NC
MelBlount

I know this sucks, but the alternative is a free for all. We don't have to time for alternative methods. If for some reason this system fails before noon tomorrow, I have one last ditch idea, but let's try to do this just in an organized fashion. I'm sending this to everyone in as many ways as I can

revefsreleets
10-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Also, I have no way to communicate when everyone has picked. There is a transaction section on the site, so you'll all have to figure this out his on your own. My guess is that we will not be able to make this work this week, but it will be business as usual for next week.

Last thing: If anyone is willing to give up their position, this will go smoother. I gladly give up my position if it enables us all to pick. I don't care about a free for all, I just want to get players on the field. In other words, if the 3-4 people who pick before me pick, by all means go ahead and skip me. Once we get to MelBlount, it DOES become a free for all. Anyone else willing to see the big picture and pass will help. Post that here.

Crushzilla
10-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Are there still a lot of people who haven't set up their rosters?

I was changing the team minimum requirements to meet with Kat's requests and I see a lot of teams have guys on the bench,

Rev's team had guys in place, but a lot of the others don't. So I don't think I made the system "mad" by fixing stuff.

Let me know if I made a boo boo or if this has been this way.

Crushzilla
10-21-2007, 04:06 AM
I did find one snafu, but it's not a big deal. There is noflex player .

Yes I did notice that.

Unfortunately, AOL doesn't have the flex position, at least I didn't see one.

Maybe for next week we can add a RB spot or WR spot, the only issue is some guys use the flex on RBs and some on WRs obviously so I'm afraid someone's gonna get shafted, which is more than likely why Rev just opted to leave it out,

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 08:53 AM
Why are there transactions in the league out of order? Why did GM, Kat and Dynasty make roster moves after you were all informed via email, this board and that board that there was a waiver order? 3 teams don't even have a lineup set. This is all very disappointing.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
GBMB is off the hook. He didn't add any players. The other roster moves made out of order are subject to reversal.

Dynasty
10-21-2007, 11:38 AM
double posted, sorry

Dynasty
10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
I didn't make any roster moves. If you look at the times, those just show up since mine was the last team to be added, so when you put my roster in, it shows up as being added.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM
My apologies. It was Duke not Dynasty that made roster moves.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 12:39 PM
We are 1/2 hour from kickoff. We have no way to fairly distribute players. A few teams haven't set starters. I myself am short a DL and my TE is in a bye, but I'm not going to fill those needs because it's not fair. I'm thinking we'll fill empty slots by averaging past performance and filling the stuff in later. I'm going to load in the no-shows rosters as best I can.

This is what it is. The roster moves made by Kat and Duke will be reversed. After this week is over we'll all put our heads together and figure out a way to fix it, but as of right now we are stuck with what we have.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 12:47 PM
That move will be reversed. Why can't you guys understand this? Once the order was not properly followed, ALL transactions became null and void. There was no fair way to distribute players, so we will have to retroactively come up with a solution after the week. And you can set your rosters whether you have all the needed players or not. I'm short a TE and DL, but I still have my roster filled as much as I can. This isn't an all or nothing situation. If you have 10 players who can fill a spot, load them.

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 01:11 PM
We will figure something out. I did the best I could to keep this fair. I don't have any patience left to deal with this today.

I will say this. The roster moves made out of order have to be reversed. It's not fair to me, GBMelBlount, and anyone else who played by the rules. Every team who bothered to set a roster had at least one empty spot, and every single team regardless of whether they followed the guideline or not would have been short at least one player. All adding players in off the waivers did was create future hard feelings towards me when those transactions are removed.

My solution was going to be filling in the missing spots with an average of what that spot earned you over the course of the past 6 games ie if you were short a receiver, then we would have averages all your receivers production week 1-6 and manually add in those points. We still may do that provided we can keep this league together.

As for the owners who didn't load rosters, there's an easy answer. Whatever points they got this week was a lot more then the zero they were otherwise going to get.

Dynasty
10-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Reve.. I saw that you set my roster for me.... it wouldn't allow me to set it and gave some weird error... i dont know why that was.

actually you set it exactly how i wanted it.... so thanks...

revefsreleets
10-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Glad that worked Dynasty.

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Here is where we stand as of right now. The following players are "under dispute", meaning they were added from waivers out of turn, and are subject to being removed from the teams. I'm inclined to leave these transactions stand ONLY IF THEY DON"T AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF ANY GAMES. If there is some tiebreaker that these players numbers would help break at the end of the year, I'll hold onto these stats and they'll come into play then.

NC picked up M Kiwanuke- 7 points

Duke picked up a. Ogunleye- 1 point (1 point probably won't make a huge difference)

Kat picked up O. Daniels and J. Taylor- 15 points total.

I'm praying that these pick-ups don't change the outcomes of the games. As for the rest of the teams that didn't bother updating their teams, they get nothing, and the teams that made an effort and didn't pick up any players we'll award them points based on an average which I'll have to get with Crush about.

The important this is that what shows up tomorrow in the W/L is not final!

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Update: I didn't see evidence of any of the FA pickups affecting outcomes of games Sunday. Please let me know if they did.

As for waivers, going forward, the wire is open starting 6AM as a worst to first basis. CantStop (if he's even still playing) gets first pick and we snake up to the #1 team. This is an automated process so no moves can be made out of order. At 10AM Thursday waivers are wide open.

I will not set rosters for teams again. That was a once in a lifetime thing done solely because of the weird circumstances. From here on all teams are 100% responsible for their own rosters. It would be nice if we could keep everyone playing.

GBMelBlount
10-23-2007, 08:53 PM
According to what I read on the site, Waiver actually close and process on Tuesday at 6am and stay closed till Thursday when it opens for the Free period, Thursday thru the first game of the week. Once the first game starts you must use the Claims system from the Transaction menu and make a claims list.

Rev, since Waivers are processed Tuesday at 6 am and there are several Thursday games, Can we get it set so the free period opens Tuesday after the wavers are complete? I would actually like to see the waivers processed time moved to Wednesday morning, due to the late Monday game, IE not knowing if you get an injury Monday night, it would give one day to evaluate the situation and then open free trade on Wednesday morning. What do you think?

EDIT: the text from League rules on AOL site:

LOL. Now I know why NC kicks my butt in matchups! :thumbsup: Reve, it's just great to be playing. Thanks.

MasterOfPuppets
10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
hey nigel.....looks like the only one ya screwed was yourself !!! :toofunny:
you freakin douchebag moron...:toofunny:....

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Alright, I see what happened. I changed it to auto claims (these are claims made worst to first) closing at Wednesday at 6 AM and open claims (free agency free for all)at 6:30 AM Wednesday. Somehow Kat made a transaction already this week, but I'm not going to sweat one little glitch in the system.

Anyway, long story short, waivers are wide open! Have at it, because EVERYONE needs players!

Dynasty
10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Is there some kind of auto-view thing like there is on Yahoo or do you have to search for the players by name?

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
To tell you the truth, I spent so much time at that site as commish loading info and trying to figure things out that I now hate aol.com more than ever. Like Crush was talking about when he was loading the rules, the site is so not user friendly. I actually loaded a lot of those settings before he got there, so it could have been worse (I got lucky and found the "duplicate all" thing way before he did). The site didn't set ANYTHING other than 6 points for a TD.

But it will keep the league up for the rest of the year, and we can go back to Yahoo next year, so it is worth the headache.

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Here are league standings, by the way:

NCSteeler 5 2 W2
The Duke 5 2 W3
GBMelBlount 4 3 L2
KatK9 4 3 L1
Buzz005 4 3 L1
Rev 4 3 W1
Dynasty 3 4 W1
pittsburghp8baller 3 4 W2
Hines86Ward 2 5 L2
CantStop85 1 6 L5

revefsreleets
10-25-2007, 08:48 AM
All I have to say is whomever wins in our league better DESTROY the other conference!

Dynasty
10-26-2007, 10:34 PM
I plan on it.

PalmerSteel
10-27-2007, 11:40 AM
All I have to say is whomever wins in our league better DESTROY the other conference!

this is just like real life. the afc has 4 or 5 better teams than the nfc's best team. :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
this is just like real life. the afc has 4 or 5 better teams than the nfc's best team. :tt02:

That must make the Patriots then. Right?:wink02::flap:

Crushzilla
10-27-2007, 10:39 PM
In that case, my team is the Rams team at the turn of the century...

... The Greatest Show on Turf.

revefsreleets
10-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Remember, though, that the best team during the season doesn't always win the super bowl. If your team is filled with Colts and Patriots, many of those guys will be sitting in weeks 16 and 17. So don't get ****y over there AFC!

HometownGal
10-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Remember, though, that the best team during the season doesn't always win the super bowl. If your team is filled with Colts and Patriots, many of those guys will be sitting in weeks 16 and 17. So don't get ****y over there AFC!

My team is doing well and is pretty much a "mongrel" - not too many of one breed. :flap::wink02:

PalmerSteel
10-30-2007, 03:47 PM
what site is this superbowl going to be played on? yahoo or aol? will it be the current afc (yahoo) rules or nfc (aol) rules? it is week 17 right? just curious.

p.s. no colt or patriot players here and got most points for. bring it on nfc :P

The Duke
10-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Bring it on AFC, NCSteeler is going to kick your butts.

ahem, as of right now it seems either you or me will do that. It's like we're the pats and colts, lol

PalmerSteel
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
ahem, as of right now it seems either you or me will do that. It's like we're the pats and colts, lol

you mean the packers and cowboys :horse:

revefsreleets
10-30-2007, 05:25 PM
The game will be manually loaded, probably on both sites, and we'll manually score it off line.

PalmerSteel
11-07-2007, 12:36 PM
The game will be manually loaded, probably on both sites, and we'll manually score it off line.

is the scoring set up the same? same Def and individual D players?

Crushzilla
11-07-2007, 06:48 PM
is the scoring set up the same? same Def and individual D players?

Even if it isn't in the NFC currently, we will probably use the standard setup, used in the current AFC and old NFC. Rev and I haven't figured out how everything is gonna work yet.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm about out of the running. Fantasy lesson one: ALWAYS start a player who is sure to be active over a questionable one. I started Marvin Harrison just SURE that he would start in such a big game, and benched Ike Hilliard. Harrison of course scored zero, Hilliard scored 11 points, and I lost by 6.

Day-um!

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm about out of the running. Fantasy lesson one: ALWAYS start a player who is sure to be active over a questionable one. I started Marvin Harrison just SURE that he would start in such a big game, and benched Ike Hilliard. Harrison of course scored zero, Hilliard scored 11 points, and I lost by 6.

Day-um!http://http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1638/6b5pfccaat0gnzcanhqp9mcph1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)