PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Thread

pittsburghp8baller
10-18-2007, 10:38 PM
as every1 can tell by my name i am a big paintballer. ive played on sponsored teams and im playing in a two man team tournament this sunday. i jus wanted to see how many others in SF play paintball.

ive got a smart parts ion with a halo b w/ rip drive hopper and a custom parts 14 inch barrell. how bout every1 else?

verks36
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
i was pretty big into paintball like a year ago.
Wasnt really sponsored but i had like a local team and all. I had a WGP vertical feed auto ****er with an halo tsa loader. I also had this sick barrel but i forgot what it was called. I had nitro too. The stuff isnt cheap but now i have no time any more to play so i let my brother borrow it while i am away at boarding school

pittsburghp8baller
10-19-2007, 09:07 AM
i havent been able to play that much anymore either. this whole full-time job right out of high school thing sucks. this is my first saturday/sunday off in about 6 months. my first tournament in like 10. first time ive had to pay for all of it myself. figured id get a couple of times in before it got to cold and they close all of the fields down

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I go out with some friends every now and then nothing big just for fun.

ShutDown24
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I played a couple of years ago... We had a four vs four tournament around here that I participated in with a few friends... We did pretty well actually...

All I got is an old Spyder Victor with standard feeder and barrell but that cheap thing served me well for a long time... Paint was a pain in the ass to buy and I haven't played in over a year now...

pittsburghp8baller
10-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Paint was a pain in the ass to buy and I haven't played in over a year now...

im starting to find this out. for a two man tournament it was $35 per person and then u each had two buy two cases of paint up front which is about $40 a case. dam thats a weeks work of worth pay from walmart. we better win so i get back my 100+ dollars

ShutDown24
10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
im starting to find this out. for a two man tournament it was $35 per person and then u each had two buy two cases of paint up front which is about $40 a case. dam thats a weeks work of worth pay from walmart. we better win so i get back my 100+ dollars

Yeah, it's fun but with anything competitively that I have done... Gaming, fishing, paintball, white water racing... Unless you are the best of the best at that particular event... You almost never make a profit... it's a lot like gambling... But hey if you like to do it enough than for some people the money is worth it.

Dynasty
10-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I like paintball... only gone a few times with friends though and i dont have my own stuff

pittsburghp8baller
10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, it's fun but with anything competitively that I have done... Gaming, fishing, paintball, white water racing... Unless you are the best of the best at that particular event... You almost never make a profit... it's a lot like gambling... But hey if you like to do it enough than for some people the money is worth it.

when u get hit 5 or 6 times getting bunkered it doesnt feel worth it but when u get that check and the free prizes OMG it makes me want to do it forever.

walmart doesnt pay much so this is a nice way to pick up a few bucks. but if we finish out of the money i dont see myself doing another tournament till next summer

The Duke
10-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh, I love paintball. Is my second favorite thing after getting hit in a good game of football( i'm no masochist btw, I just like doing this stuff through pain lol). I would love to play more but equipment is kinda pricy, but when I do play I enjoy every second of it

pittsburghp8baller
10-21-2007, 12:02 AM
dam i got home late from the pens game so now im goin to have play 8 or 9 hours of paintball on like 5 hours sleep. so much for evening out on the weeks worth of salary i paid to get into this thing

pittsburghp8baller
10-23-2007, 09:12 AM
omg. that tournament had to have been the toughest ive ever had to do. i had never done a 2 vs 2 tournament. so much more teamwork you would think with jus one other person. we ended up in third place which was a lot better than i thought we would do. if i wasnt so rusty (we got off to a slow start had to play from the losers bracket), i think we could of won

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Played at Joliet a couple of years ago (took my son and his friends)...on the first game they split us up into two teams. One side (mine) ended up with a bunch of army vets and the other side was all the quick youngsters with all the "cool" gear.
I kid you not..I never got a shot off...the whole game lasted about 3 minutes...we all stood around thinking there HAD to be some of their players left!!! The kids were good-natured about it and started asking questions about strategy and maneuvering ....AND they made sure that the teams were even-split the rest of the day.
I go about twice a year with my son and his friends...great exercise and alot of fun.

pittsburghp8baller
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
i remember one time my dad came with me to the field i usually play on, he brought all of his old marine buddys with him and i had my team with me. the week before we played out in the woods and got a little ****y because he was doing so well (some reason i do horrible in the woods). well he said he could handle me and my team (i believe his exact words were "anyplace i could spit the paintballs at you and still win"). he had never seen me on a X-Ball field. so we played his team 5 on 5 first to 7. 15 minutes later all 5 of these marine mocho man are sitting on a bench all welted up while we are off in another corner laughing to death. i think only one of us got hit all match.

GBMelBlount
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
as every1 can tell by my name i am a big paintballer. ive played on sponsored teams and im playing in a two man team tournament this sunday. i jus wanted to see how many others in SF play paintball.

ive got a smart parts ion with a halo b w/ rip drive hopper and a custom parts 14 inch barrell. how bout every1 else?

I actually have had dinner with & played indoor soccer with the owners of smart parts. They are in western PA. Great guys. Amazing products & manufacturing facility. I also scrimmaged with some of the All-Americans, the team they were on. They were world champs several times. You can't go wrong with a Smart Parts product.

pittsburghp8baller
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I actually have had dinner with & played indoor soccer with the owners of smart parts. They are in western PA. Great guys. Amazing products & manufacturing facility. I also scrimmaged with some of the All-Americans, the team they were on. They were world champs several times. You can't go wrong with a Smart Parts product.

that is frickin awesome dude. i knew they were in western PA and i always try to keep up on the All-Americans. god i hate not living in PA no more. i wish we they had sponsored us then i didnt have to dish out the money for my ion from my winnings money.

MasterOfPuppets
10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
paintball ??? real men use BB guns.....:wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-24-2007, 12:49 PM
paintball ??? real men use BB guns.....:wink02:

BB guns?...real men douse themsevles in gasoline and use roman candles...:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
i remember one time my dad came with me to the field i usually play on, he brought all of his old marine buddys with him and i had my team with me. the week before we played out in the woods and got a little ****y because he was doing so well (some reason i do horrible in the woods). well he said he could handle me and my team (i believe his exact words were "anyplace i could spit the paintballs at you and still win"). he had never seen me on a X-Ball field. so we played his team 5 on 5 first to 7. 15 minutes later all 5 of these marine mocho man are sitting on a bench all welted up while we are off in another corner laughing to death. i think only one of us got hit all match.

My kid and his friends would smoke us at speedball...but they dont have a prayer in the woods...I think that is because we have been trained to "not take chances"...and speedball is all about "controlled" aggressivness

MasterOfPuppets
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
BB guns?...real men douse themsevles in gasoline and use roman candles...:sofunny:
funny you say that.....i have ,in a drunken stupor, engaged in roman candle combat ,with equally drunk ,and stupid friends. i scored the only hit, which was a well placed shot at about 40ft, dead center in the chest. burnt a hole in his shirt an all....:thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
funny you say that.....i have ,in a drunken stupor, engaged in roman candle combat ,with equally drunk ,and stupid friends. i scored the only hit, which was a well placed shot at about 40ft, dead center in the chest. burnt a hole in his shirt an all....:thumbsup:

Alcohol & roman candles.... been there.

pittsburghp8baller
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM
my last tournament before the winter haha 2nd place! 2nd and 3rd place idk thats all that bad considering these were some of the last tournaments of the year and the only two i played in (the team im on has played in most but i havent been on the roster for most). i held my own and have some battle wounds to show it, got a big welt on my stomach and my forearm. the forearm was so big it got some customers at work to widen their eyes

JackHammer
12-09-2007, 01:11 AM
My kid and his friends would smoke us at speedball...but they dont have a prayer in the woods...I think that is because we have been trained to "not take chances"...and speedball is all about "controlled" aggressivness

I love big games in the woods. I played at Skirmish USA in the Poconos(Jim Thorpe, PA). It was the Battle of Stalingrad with my team, the Russians, outnumbered 2-1 by the German team. It was GREAT. There must have been over 1200 people in total. It was mainly mission/objective based, but there's non-stop action too. One example would be holding down a fuel depot as our first mission. We got there and had to secure it for 15 minutes to get the points. After about five minutes, we came under attack but held on for the points. If you wanted fast action you just went to the Tippmann Castle since it was constantly being fought over. Fun times, fun times.