PDA

View Full Version : Ben Injury thread...First one to find out his status, post it up here!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Hope its just a HyperExtension.

ngreene15
10-11-2005, 12:38 AM
How long will it take to get the MRI? Can they do it in San Diego?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 12:41 AM
They'll most likely keep it iced down and do it back home. If they do it tomorrow morning, we'll have the results by tomorrow nite or wednesday morning.

stand undefeated
10-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Haha, they just said on WTAE that all he was worried about was kicking that field goal!

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 12:46 AM
the same people who say the steelers are done are the same ones who discounted everything he has accomplished in his career to this point. "the running game and defense carried him" "all he had to do was hand off the ball" etc. losing him would be a huge hit. he makes our offense go no matter what all the critics say. but the steelers have the fortitude to adapt if his injury is more than a one or 2 game deal.

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
He is such a total team player!!! Let's hope all is well..

ngreene15
10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Even if Ben is gone for a long period of time... I think the Steelers have a good enough team to continue winning and do what they have been doing.

Da'Burgh
10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Let 'em hate. Big Ben is the real deal.

shevdog
10-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Still no word from the Steelers Radio Network.

To me it looked like he hyper extended it.

With Maddox out and Big Ben a big question mark, I'm hating the idea of Batch being QB. That topic has got to be another thread.

Anyhow, we all will just keep crossing our fingers.

24seven
10-11-2005, 01:11 AM
watching him at least half walk off the field on his own was good enough for me.. I think he'll AT LEAST be back in 2 weeks.. not sure if he'll be ready for Jacksonville but for sure with another week off he'll be ready.. He's so tough it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him starting next week though.. STEELERS ROCKIN THE HOUSE THOUGH!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVES IT!!!!

24seven
10-11-2005, 01:21 AM
brused knee with hyperextension all ligaments in place.. sounds good!!!!

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 01:23 AM
significant hyper extension and a bone bruise as reported by nfl tonight. of course this is preliminary before mri's but they said it seems all ligaments are intact. they had footage in the locker room of ben walking out on crutches. it could be worse news tomorrow but ben is tuff!

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Any idea how long he might be out?

figg
10-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Stan Savaran on 970 said the teams doctor is pretty sure it's a hyper extension with no ligament damage. They still have to do a MRI though :hope:

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Stan Savaran on 970 said the teams doctor is pretty sure it's a hyper extension with no ligament damage.

I just heard the same thing come across ESPN..

Thanks goodness!!!!!!!

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 01:26 AM
Stan Savaran on 970 said the teams doctor is pretty sure it's a hyper extension with no ligament damage. They still have to do a MRI though :hope:

That's good news that there is no ligament damage. Praying it's not too bad.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knock on wood!!

KFFL:

Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee) suffered a left knee injury during Week 5. He had to be taken off the field on a cart at the end of the game. His status for Week 6 is unknown.

In other Steelers news, Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers backup QB Tommy Maddox (calf) will miss the next three-to-four games with a calf injury.

figg
10-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Adam Shefter spoke with Cowher and he said he thinks Ben escaped serious injury. Although he was carted out of the stadium :redface:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
From the Post Gazette..

"I'll be all right," said Roethlisberger, as he pulled on a pair of bluejeans over the knee, which was not wrapped. "You know me, I'm tough."

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Nice quote BRC. Hopefully everything checks out okay or not too bad.

bigbensgirl7
10-11-2005, 02:40 AM
keeping my fingers crossed...right now with his status unknown...it is kindof a bittersweet victory. I know we have a team that can pull through this though...and we will regardless, but I hope Ben is of!

figg
10-11-2005, 02:41 AM
that hit was dirty! Must be back to using steroids. He knew what he was doing.

Steelersfan
10-11-2005, 02:46 AM

What are you smoking? That wasn't a dirty hit. The D-lineman fell and Ben stepped into his throw is all that happened. It was far from dirty.

bigbensgirl7
10-11-2005, 02:51 AM
What are you smoking? That wasn't a dirty hit. The D-lineman fell and Ben stepped into his throw is all that happened. It was far from dirty.Figg I won't go as far to say the hit was dirty, but it definately should have been a penelty. You can not hit a qb below the knees like that. Right now though, it makes no diference, we got past this game and we have to move on and pray that it is nothing serious. We are a team that can fight injury and we should be fine!!! Like everyone that doubts ben has said...."ANYONE THAT WERE TO PLAY QB ON THE STEELERS WOULD HAVE SUCEEDED WITH THAT TYPE OF TEAM....well folks....nothing has changed (that is except for the emergence of one more threat...FAST WILLIE!!!! :smile:

figg
10-11-2005, 02:56 AM
What are you smoking? That wasn't a dirty hit. The D-lineman fell and Ben stepped into his throw is all that happened. It was far from dirty.

He fell and then lunged helmet 1st into Bens knee thats what im smoking. He could have used his arm or forearm to hit him. Also by rule you cant hit a QB below the knees.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 03:04 AM
You could take it as possibly a dirty shot, seeing him lunge forward..but u can also say he was just trying to make a play and it ended up in a bad way.

Don't think it was intentional, but if they would have called a penalty I wouldnt have been against it.. I mean hell they called Penalties on everything else.

Steelersfan
10-11-2005, 03:05 AM
He fell and then lunged helmet 1st into Bens knee thats what im smoking. He could have used his arm or forearm to hit him. Also by rule you cant hit a QB below the knees.

I will agree that it should have been a penalty, but it wasn't a cheap shot. The guy was falling and about snapped his neck hitting Ben's knee. It wasn't like he was speared.

steelersgirl86
10-11-2005, 06:50 AM
Well it didnt look like it felt too good. Let's just hope all is well and he will be back soon. I agree I think we can continue to win without it but it sure would be nice to have him in there. :sign08: :tt:

All I know is I am tired today...But it was worth it. :yikes:

SteelrsRck
10-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Yea any QB can play with all the weapons we have except Batch i am not on the Batch bandwagon thats why he is 3rd string i would rather have Mr brister in there than batch

http://images.nfl.com/u/ap/photos/CALI107101023_lower.jpg

But that was one hell of an int and run back

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-11-2005, 08:51 AM
whats up with maddox, can he play next week?

Suitanim
10-11-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm too mad to post about this, so I'm deleting my post...

KILLERSteelers77
10-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Cowher just said that Ben's injury is exactly what they thought, and he's not ruling him out for next week!!! Great News!!! Missing a week at most, we shouldn't miss a beat!! :grin:

bigbensgirl7
10-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Roethlisberger has MRI, results are in
Tuesday, October 11, 2005

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com
Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had an MRI on his knee on Tuesday morning after the team returned from San Diego and the results were the same as what the team heard following the game.
Roethlisberger has a hyperextended knee and a bone bruise and has not been ruled out for Sunday?s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Heinz Field.
?We?ll see how the week progresses,? said head coach Bill Cowher. ?I think we all have a deep sigh of relief in regards to the prognosis.?
Roethlisberger suffered the injury in the final minute the 24-22 win over the Chargers. Charlie Batch came in and handed the ball off for the final few plays, before Jeff Reed sealed the win with a field goal.

Well that's good news...here's the rest http://media3.steelers.com/article/57748/

TasmanianTroy271
10-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, thank god Ben's ok, Hopefully Maddox'll be good by sunday and unless Ben's near 100%, I dont want him in the game on sunday, definately not all 4 quarters. If we put him in, I'm sure any LB will be aiming for the knees. Its not mean, its just the way of the game. Hopefully we can pull a W over dem Jags...

BB2W
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Any idea how long he might be out?

I think it will be a day to day type thing... Cowher was on the Dan Patrick show on ESPN radio, and he said that he has not ruled him out to play this Sunday. :hope:

Va_steeler
10-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Big Ben is a trooper! He will be there Sun. I'm just glad it's nothing serious! :sign01:

Koopa
10-11-2005, 04:31 PM

lol, that wasn't a dirty hit mayne, the dude just fell nothing he could do

Koopa
10-11-2005, 04:34 PM
well it's only a hyperextended knee so i'm sure he'll play sunday the game, cause if he can't go we'll lose, batch sucks and maddox is hurt and we got to throw every now and then to win the game. so ben better play

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I think he'll play. Whether the doctors let him is another story, but you know he wants to!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I got the news this morning at work !!!

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Wow! Awesome news!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 05:20 PM
merging this one in the ben injury thread...

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 06:03 PM
well it's only a hyperextended knee so i'm sure he'll play sunday the game, cause if he can't go we'll lose, batch sucks and maddox is hurt and we got to throw every now and then to win the game. so ben better play
dont underestimate batch. weve never really seen him play with the starters and when he has he does reasonably well. he sacrificed alot of his career to wear the black and gold. his dedication to what he loves should be commended. like i said in a previous post he is in his 8th year when most veterans hit their prime. look how long it took maddox to finally crack a starting line-up. regardless 1-3 the steelers definitely have the best corp of qb's to go along with the best rb's and lb's. some young studs on the o-line and secondary too. steelers are stacked

SteelerzGirl
10-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Whew... What a relief. Thank goodness Ben is going to be OK. I was so worried. It didn't look good. I really thought it was going to be a more threatening injury. Ben is hard as steel!

Get well soon, Ben! We need ya, baby! :smile:

BigCat
10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
And why can't we hit a QB in the legs.? I've seen plenty of quarterbacks get hit in the legs already this season. I think you have your rules mixed up. At no point can a QB be hit in the helmet.
A player can not intentionally dive at a quarterbacks kness if he's standing still and has a clear shot at the QB. Ben was not standing still and Castillo did not have a clear shot. Castillo lunged towards Ben. Ben just happened to step into where Castillo had landed. No harm, no foul. You won the game and Ben will be okay.

SteelProven
10-12-2005, 06:30 PM
And why can't we hit a QB in the legs.? I've seen plenty of quarterbacks get hit in the legs already this season. I think you have your rules mixed up. At no point can a QB be hit in the helmet.
A player can not intentionally dive at a quarterbacks kness if he's standing still and has a clear shot at the QB. Ben was not standing still and Castillo did not have a clear shot. Castillo lunged towards Ben. Ben just happened to step into where Castillo had landed. No harm, no foul. You won the game and Ben will be okay.

You must of not been watching the same game as me. Castillo did in fact lunge at Ben's knee's. Was it intentional? yes Did he mean to hurt Ben? That I do not know. But it's football and things happen whether it's intentional or unintentional.

I.C. Lights
10-12-2005, 06:36 PM

I also remember been standing still. It would be interesting to learn how he hyperextended his knew if he were not standing still because you're much more prone to that injury when a foot is firmly planted on the ground an momentum goes through your knee. Seemed like a cheap shot to me.

Suitanim
10-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, this is the gist of the post I erased at the beginning of page 4. I have a DVR and I watched it a few times...he was previously being block, but the block was over and was directing him downward, not towards Ben's knee's. He accelerated into Ben's knee's, and the only debate can be over whether he was trying to spear Ben's knee's with his helmet to injure him or just using what he had (his helmet) in order to make a play.

If he played for the Colts, I'd have no doubts at all...

I.C. Lights
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Suit, can you see how Ben was standing when he was hit? I am not blessed with Tivo

Suitanim
10-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Erased it, but his leg was straight and the play was already over. It wasn't a late hit, but he got him at just the wrong position.

BB2W
10-14-2005, 09:41 PM
There is a rule about hitting below the knees. Scroll down to the section called "Protection of Passer"...

4. No defensive player who has an unrestricted path to the quarterback may hit him flagrantly in the area of the knee(s) or below when approaching in any direction.

link....... http://www.supernfl.com/NFLRules.html

TasmanianTroy271
10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
sorry BB2W, but his path was restricted, he fell while going up against Faneca and he fell into Ben's knee. If he was running straight at Ben with no one in front, it would be different, but he fell with Faneca (or I may have my number wrong, i know it was 66)

BB2W
10-14-2005, 11:16 PM
I was not saying it was a penalty... I don't think it was done "flagrantly" either. I was just posting the rule.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-15-2005, 01:59 AM
I was skeptical at first, but from reading about it and hearing how he was apologizing as soon as he got up from the play, I would lean more towards it not being any type of malicious act, however drawing a flag could have been warranted; and with the way the officials were throwing yellow that night, anything was possible.