I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-19-2007, 09:32 PM
This is a really good sandwich

Combine the following

1 lb sliced ham chopped for you western pensylvanians - Isley's Chipped ham
3 hard boiled eggs chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped small
1/2 small onion grated
1/2 lb velveeta cheese chopped small - for easy chopping stick velveeta in the freezer for a bit then chop.

In a second bowl combine these ingredients

1 cup mayo
2 tablespoons vinigar
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Rolls or bun

Mix all ingredients together put into french roll or any roll/bun, slice bread is not an option here. Wrap each sandwich in alumiun foil stick in oven for 15 to 20 minutes @ 350 degrees. If your tailgating you can probably put them on a not so hot part of the grill. Can also be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator and used later. Makes about 8. Enjoy

Bob Russell
01-21-2009, 11:44 AM
This sounds GREAT!! Thanks. I have had to school the locals about "chipped ham." I buy the ham and slice it myself. I will add this to the chipped ham bar-b-que I serve.

Steelcitygal87
01-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh gosh that sounds sooo delicious! I LOVE Isley's Chipped Ham. I am definitely going to try this. Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

Bob Russell
01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
ok. I bought a block of spiced ham because these Southern Marylanders don't know what that "chipped ham" is. I slice it myself. I am giving this to my wife along with another great recipefrom "steelcitygal87". I've had to educate the Steeler Nation down here about Pittsburgh food. They go nuts over it!

TexasSteelerFan
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Can anyone recommend a good deli slicer for chipped ham? The locals out here in West Texas just don't get it, so I'd rather just buy the ham and chip it myself at home. I saw in another thread that Isaly's used a Hobart slicer, but I don't have a couple of grand to spend on that! Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

-Dave B.-

:tt03:

AllD
03-08-2009, 09:25 AM
You can borrow Kramer's. BTW, I am gassed up just reading the recipe for the sandwich.

Galax Steeler
03-10-2009, 05:17 AM
This is a really good sandwich

Combine the following

1 lb sliced ham chopped for you western pensylvanians - Isley's Chipped ham
3 hard boiled eggs chopped
2 stalks of celery chopped small
1/2 small onion grated
1/2 lb velveeta cheese chopped small - for easy chopping stick velveeta in the freezer for a bit then chop.

In a second bowl combine these ingredients

1 cup mayo
2 tablespoons vinigar
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Rolls or bun

Mix all ingredients together put into french roll or any roll/bun, slice bread is not an option here. Wrap each sandwich in alumiun foil stick in oven for 15 to 20 minutes @ 350 degrees. If your tailgating you can probably put them on a not so hot part of the grill. Can also be frozen and then thawed in the refrigerator and used later. Makes about 8. Enjoy

That sounds really good.