PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu is nothing short of BEASTLY

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 12:42 AM
He was on Gates all nite and jackin him up every chance he got!! He was all over the field and a big reason that we won.

The defense shut down Tomlinson for the most part till late in the 4th quarter..they did what they needed to do.. keep Gates and Tomlinson in check and u can beat the bolts.

Koopa
10-11-2005, 12:45 AM
hell yeah i hope i can find a .gif picture of that block he put on gates when harrison got the int that was the best hit of the night almost jacked up worthy

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 12:47 AM
He showed why he is the best tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Koopa
10-11-2005, 12:48 AM
with the ravens sucking this year, troy might actually get to start in the pro bowl

Tha rock
10-11-2005, 12:57 AM
i loved how he jacked gates up!!

24seven
10-11-2005, 01:13 AM
jacked him up with helmet a flyin!! SWEETNESS!! Polamula is the bomb diggity!!!

ngreene15
10-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Man... For being a short guy... He can pack a punch... So strong, uses every pound of him at the expense of the opposing team.

steelersgirl86
10-11-2005, 06:51 AM
He is awesome. He is all over the field in on almost every play.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-11-2005, 11:47 AM
The Tazmanian Devil will be a HoFer...just watch and see.This guy is a beast.

KILLERSteelers77
10-11-2005, 11:59 AM
He's definitely fun to watch....I would still like to know why they threw the flag on him instead of others.....

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 12:02 PM
He's definitely fun to watch....I would still like to know why they threw the flag on him instead of others.....
if youre talkin about the play where he threw gates down out of bounds he knee'd gates when he got up and approached him. it was a clean flag and troys temper got the best of him. i think thats why cowher was in his face on the sidelines.

figg
10-11-2005, 01:11 PM
He played a great game last night. And he hit even harder after he got mad :grin:

KILLERSteelers77
10-11-2005, 01:19 PM
During the press conference Cowher said that he was talking to him about a coverage.... the one on the swing pass to LT...and I did think that I saw him throw a knee, but wasn't sure

Tha rock
10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
yo do you guys think we should put c-wood on gates or a safety an do you think that c-wood could do a job on gates like troy did??

Ironman
10-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Props to me! I think I called it. :deal: I would have been better if I named the spy Polomalu... but hey, I can't give everything away! :blah:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=23933#post23933

TasmanianTroy271
10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
That's my boy. It's good to see him get fired up, cause he always seems so cool and collected throughout. I would've liked to see him Int. or get a sack, but he did tackle LT in open field that one time, which everyone was saying is damn near impossible to do. Good Job Troy, keep it up :smile:

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
You see Troy everywhere on every play. I love having this guy on our team.

SteelerzGirl
10-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Troy Polomalu ---------> Pittsburgh's very own BEASTLY BOY! :grin:

Tha rock
10-12-2005, 03:23 PM
yo do you guys think we should put c-wood on gates or a safety an do you think that c-wood could do a job on gates like troy did??

so do you guys think c-wood could do it??

cydnub
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
BTW, he led the team Mon night with 8 tackles and 1 assist. Though it sure seemed like a whole lot more watching the game. It looked to me like it was the San Diego Chargers Offense Vs Troy Polamalu.

tony hipchest
10-12-2005, 05:45 PM
so do you guys think c-wood could do it??
personally ive always felt cwood hasnt lived up to his potential. if he is their best d back (better yet, if he PLAYS like their best) then he should be on gates. especially if he can leap with gates. hell if theyre not gonna throw porter the ball (hes on my ff team) they should put porter on him :grin: i know he can jump.

I.C. Lights
10-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Let's just say that Troy made the difference between basketball and football very clear to Gates.

Tha rock
10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
personally ive always felt cwood hasnt lived up to his potential. if he is their best d back (better yet, if he PLAYS like their best) then he should be on gates. especially if he can leap with gates. hell if theyre not gonna throw porter the ball (hes on my ff team) they should put porter on him :grin: i know he can jump.

Lets hope there not doubling porter! we should be able to torch there secondary and c-wood needs to do a great job on gates like how troy did!

BB2W
10-12-2005, 10:47 PM
He played a great game last night. And he hit even harder after he got mad :grin:

He was playing with a chip on his shoulder. Troy never gets personel fouls or talks trash. He was fired up... probabaly just because of the match-up and the challenge he was faced with. On the Gates block... it was like seek and destroy. He looked for Gates and knocked him on his arse. He was very physical... he will eventually be regarded as the best saftey in the game.

I liked seeing him playing with some emotion, and I hope he becomes a more vocal leader.

Prosdo
10-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah it was a real change seeing Troy like that. I am with you I would love to see him become a vocal leader for the team.

Chickadee
10-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Love Troy! He just has intensity with a capital I!

hardwork
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
We've had some good DBs here over the years. Mike Haynes having been one of the best pure athletes I've ever watched play any sport. But Polamalu must have come down from a higher league. That guy is amazing. He cuts the size of the field in half on you.

BB2W
10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Here is the block. :laughing: I love it... look at him go get the next guy too. :grin:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/942481/TroyHit.gif

Steel - X
10-18-2005, 11:21 AM
212 lbs at full speed cranking into a 260lb man. Seeing him fly and bounce all over the field is classic. BB2W that one should go in the archives thats for sure!

Iron City Hangover
10-18-2005, 11:29 AM
He needs a haircut.... bad.

TasmanianTroy271
10-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Yet again, another wonderfully informative post by IronCityHangover. His hair makes him unique, which I think it awesome. He's gonna be one of the premier Strong Safetys in the league in a few years, and Polamalu will be laughing all the way to the Pro Bowl. I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if Troy cut his hair significantly. It wouldnt be the same, you know...

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
He was on Gates all nite and jackin him up every chance he got!! He was all over the field and a big reason that we won.

The defense shut down Tomlinson for the most part till late in the 4th quarter..they did what they needed to do.. keep Gates and Tomlinson in check and u can beat the bolts.
I'm not a fan of Troy Polamalu and I've bashed on him in the past out of spite. But the guy some how gets in on every play. There's something to be said for that. How long before teams finally figure out that they have to block this guy? He is never touched anytime he rushes the QB.

tony hipchest
10-18-2005, 11:02 PM
I'm not a fan of Troy Polamalu and I've bashed on him in the past out of spite. But the guy some how gets in on every play. There's something to be said for that. How long before teams finally figure out that they have to block this guy? He is never touched anytime he rushes the QB.
teams will probably figure that out when lebeau leaves the steelers or retires.

Motley Nate
10-18-2005, 11:22 PM
LeBeau, another example of a great coordinator / bad head coach

TasmanianTroy271
10-18-2005, 11:26 PM

Dick Lebeau can never leave the Steelers or retire! I think the Rooneys are working with a team of scientists to take Lebeau's head and connect it onto a robot when the time comes. Robo-lebeau :busted: lol I still think even after Lebeau leaves, our Defense wil still be good for a while, because his effect on the young guys like McFadden and Troy; they'll keep that throughout their years. While a normal Defensive coach would look at McFadden and say "ok, we've got to get him better at deflecting the passes" Lebeau says "ok, so he's good at tackling, lets hone that skill to a fine point". I hope Lebeau sticks around for a long time. He's a great coach and is one of the reasons we're a top team.

tony hipchest
10-19-2005, 10:17 AM
"robo-lebeau" lol good 1! i hope they make sure to keep lebeau and hopefully all other teams will remember what he did in cinci and stay away from him. i think hes happy where hes at and there is no salary cap on coaches. see alex gibbs. i bet darren perry is being groomed just in case. he played under lebeau and now coaches with him so we know he learned alot.

Iron City Hangover
10-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Yet again, another wonderfully informative post by IronCityHangover. His hair makes him unique, which I think it awesome. He's gonna be one of the premier Strong Safetys in the league in a few years, and Polamalu will be laughing all the way to the Pro Bowl. I, for one, would be pretty disappointed if Troy cut his hair significantly. It wouldnt be the same, you know...
Have self respect, cut it or get it pulled off when you're horse collared.

tony hipchest
10-20-2005, 10:19 AM
youre not balding with hair envy are you?

usually the defensive players are doing the horse collaring not getting horse collared. his hair is probably a sign of respect to him and his culture / heritage.

TasmanianTroy271
10-20-2005, 04:07 PM

Then again, maybe Iron City Hangover knows how much Troy intercepts and is worried about someone doing that. I have a feeling there's a rule somewhere about it, but if not, as soon as it happens, they should have one put in. and I totally get what he means by 'have some self respect". I mean, come on Troy, showing your native heritage is almost as bad as not washing your training clothes for a week.

(there was alot of sarcasm in that last idea :bouncy: )

Iron City Hangover
10-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Then again, maybe Iron City Hangover knows how much Troy intercepts and is worried about someone doing that. I have a feeling there's a rule somewhere about it, but if not, as soon as it happens, they should have one put in. and I totally get what he means by 'have some self respect". I mean, come on Troy, showing your native heritage is almost as bad as not washing your training clothes for a week.

(there was alot of sarcasm in that last idea :bouncy: )
Explain Al Harris then. If it's Troy's heritage then I could agree that it's fine. It's the unnecessary stuff that makes it look unprofessional and a hazard.

TasmanianTroy271
10-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't have to explain Al Harris (but for all I know, he could be Rastafarian), we're talking about Troy's hair, and I've made my point about it and you were forced to agree with a Steelers fan :bouncy:

BB2W
10-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron City Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmanian Troy
youre not balding with hair envy are you?

Iron City Comb-over. :grin:

Seriously, back to Troy. The Bengals have great WR's and we are gonna need him at his best. This Sundays game will be a big challenge for our CB's, and we are gonna need our safties to pick up the slack. I would think Hope will be doubling Chad most of the time leaving Troy with the rest of the feild. He is gonna need to make some plays...