View Full Version : New England's Vince Wilfork fined ... again

BozMan
10-20-2007, 02:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3070923

NFL fines Patriots NT Wilfork $5,000 for low hit
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com
Updated: October 19, 2007, 6:43 PM ET

For the second time this season, New England Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork has been sanctioned for a late or illegal hit, with the NFL levying a $5,000 fine against the fourth-year veteran for a play in last Sunday's victory at Dallas.

The fine, first reported by The Boston Globe, was confirmed by league officials.

The play in question occurred early in the second quarter, on a 3-yard run by Cowboys tailback Marion Barber off left guard. During a skirmish at the end of the run, New England defensive end Ty Warren was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct, moving the ball to the Patriots' 39-yard line.

On the play, Wilfork was engaged with Dallas tight end Jason Witten, but was not penalized. In reviewing the play, however, the league's officiating department apparently determined that Wilfork was excessively aggressive and exercised unnecessary roughness.

What can you say.... total class acts.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I think a third time should warrant a large fine and suspension without pay. He's a dirty player, but what else would we expect from a New England Patriot?

TroysBadDawg
10-21-2007, 12:07 AM
It is all coming out in the wash, but nothing is going to happen to the players or the team. When look what happened to the coach, the same will happen to the players, slap on the wrists, and a shake of the finger with the NFL saying "naughty naughty, shouldn't do that."

TO me the NFL is becoming a joke with the enforcement policy, very selective. But they have a lawyer in place doing it and who trusts lawyers?

stlrtruck
10-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Look it doesn't matter what these guys do during the regular season. Let them do their thing now! It's definitely a classless organization from the owner to the coach to the players and possibly the towel boy but I'm not sure about the latter one.

However, let them have their glory until it matters. Then in the post-season, the Steelers can play GLADIATOR on them (from the opening scene of the movie), "On my command unleash HELL!"