PDA

View Full Version : Nice Result

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 01:51 AM
Well Steeler fans,

looks like your team got it done in fine style on MNF.

Totally forgot to tape the game - but looking at the game stats looks like a bit of a defensive struggle - just what the Steelers would have wanted.

Impressive shutdown on LT and Gates - everyone says this is the key to victory - saying it and doing it are two very different things - believe me I know.
It certainly makes for another interesting triumverate of playoff potential teams -

Chargers, Steelers and Patriots - all beating each other but no team recording two victories.

Another one to keep our eyes on will be the Pats, Steelers and Colts results - some huge games coming up there I feel.

Best wishes to Ben - a speedy recovery would be nice to see - any news on his status yet?

Cheers

NM

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah supposedly a hyper extension in his knee. MRI results tomorrow I guess.

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah supposedly a hyper extension in his knee. MRI results tomorrow I guess.

Well as long as it only costs him a game or two that would be ok - nothing too serious.
Was it a helmet to knee incident, was Ben scrambling or in the pocket?

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah it was a helluva game Past... Defensive struggle at times, but at times the offenses were in high gear.

Troy P was aboslutely insane, all over the place jacking up Gates left and right.

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 02:03 AM
He threw it and the defensive linemen I think it was fell forward and pushed his knee back.

slashsteel
10-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Chargers, Steelers and Patriots - all beating each other but no team recording two victories.

What the hell were you getting at? Speak English

We should have beat the pats and everyone knows it, now we just beat the team that kicked your a$$ up and down the field. Spew off all the jibberish you want, but everyone knows now who is the stronger team. The Steelers! What a sweet victory against a team that made the patsie puffs their b!tches! Oh hell yea I love it!

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 02:14 AM
Yeah it was a helluva game Past... Defensive struggle at times, but at times the offenses were in high gear.

Troy P was aboslutely insane, all over the place jacking up Gates left and right.

Having someone as physical as Troy P in the backfield to cover someone like Gates or a Crumpler is an absolute must - our DB/LB doesn't have anyone with the required strength/speed combo to stay with them.

Im sure you Steeler fans loved the gritty effort by the D - and having a bit of explosion of offense cant hurt either can it?

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 02:15 AM
He threw it and the defensive linemen I think it was fell forward and pushed his knee back.

Ah ok Thx for the info. Doesn't sound deliberate or anything so that is something I suppose im sure he will be just fine - doesnt seem like the type to sit out games if he aint 100% !!

Still no INT's either from Big Ben either eh?

Cheers

NM

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 02:16 AM
It really was an exciting game. They actually used Miller more which made me happy. Ward got some good looks and Bettis had a hell of a come back!

Livinginthe past
10-11-2005, 02:21 AM
It really was an exciting game. They actually used Miller more which made me happy. Ward got some good looks and Bettis had a hell of a come back!

Well we had a similar thing on the Pats board - lots of posts about how our TE's were being under utilised for actually catching the ball and creating mismatches instead of just being used as over paid linemen!

Hey - maybe the coaches have their eye on these boards after all :shout:

Cheers

NM

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 02:25 AM
lol Yeah. It just was frustrating seeing this first round pick with great hands kind of go unused in the passing game. He got the ball a few times tonight and a touchdown I think.

ironcitychef
10-13-2005, 01:15 AM
Still no INT's either from Big Ben either eh?

Yeah! Who out there had Collins and Ben in the last NFL QB to throw a pick office pool?

Rotorhead
10-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Well you definately missed a great game. I think Gates has some more growing to do, as in the 4th he was avoiding going anywhere near Troy. Troy laid some crushing hits on Gates throughout the game and it actually affected his game play when the Chargers needed him the most. And shutting LT just made me smile. You also missed some very bad reffing, on both sides of the ball.

BB2W
10-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Plus, the road team won in all three games... so much for home field advantage.

I.C. Lights
10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Heath adds a whole other dimension to our offense and he allows Ben to get rid of the ball quickly, which is important now with our recent OL struggles. I still don't know why we didn't use him more against the pats, my only guess is that Cowher's trying not to reveal it all until the playoffs.

ironcitychef
10-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Plus, the road team won in all three games... so much for home field advantage.

Great take.