PDA

View Full Version : 21-7 its not over

NV STEELERS 723
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
We need to run the ball...TO's will kill any team....but not us...Denver is not that good...Willie has over 50 yrds w/ only 10 carries

WE can come back...

Rob64
10-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Why don't we just line up with 3 TE's and run the ball on them???

nojobny
10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Thankfully it looks like Ben has settled down.

delhess
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Why don't we just line up with 3 TE's and run the ball on them???

honestly, i don't think our offense is the problem here. we need to stop that screen pass and get some pressure.

silver2000svt
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Worst Offensive game plan ever developed by a staff... Broncos are the worst rushing defensive unit and we are probably the best rushing team... What do we do... Throw the ball all over the friggin field... :banging: :banging: :banging:

bw87a
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
ewww i do think our offense is the problem. offense and defense both. we've had a few good runs, but aside from that, denver is breaking our O line on many occasions. we can't stop their offense either??? terrible, but i see some signs of life....we just need a good stop on denver's next possession.

delhess
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
good signs of life right now. hines ward just keeps getting open:)

delhess
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
well, it's over now.... i really thought the broncos played a hell of a game! hopefully we learn some things.

a loss today is far from the end of the world, it is almost more concerning to see your team play poorly and win, it is hard to change things when you win.

bw87a
10-21-2007, 10:34 PM
^^ i agree. for some reason, the broncos just wanted it more. they converted key offensive plays when it mattered and were able to control our run game.

delhess
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
the problem with pounding the running game was...

a. the game started out like a shootout
b. if the running game starts slow, you end up with 3rd and long
c. therefore you become one dimensional on third downs
d. if you don't convert 3rd downs, your defense has to stop them (which was not happening for the first half of the game.

i questioned some of these concerns about our running game starting slowly in the seattle game and thought i might get run out of town(http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20471). if the bronco offense was as bad as the seattle offense, it could have been 28 - 0 today!

that said, i think we should have run the ball more. especially right in the beginning

jjpro11
10-21-2007, 10:47 PM
we always seem to play teams when they are motivated the most.. i hate that. the cards get all fired up by whiz and grimm and we come out and play like shit. the broncos honor the two players that died in the offseason and while coming off of a humiliating loss. we just never seem to match that intensity.

delhess
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
^^ i agree. for some reason, the broncos just wanted it more. they converted key offensive plays when it mattered and were able to control our run game.

i thought the steelers looked a little undermotivated and overconfident in the first half especially. there was a lot of praise for the last two weeks about how they handled the seahawks

Steel_Bus_24
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
we always seem to play teams when they are motivated the most.. i hate that. the cards get all fired up by whiz and grimm and we come out and play like shit. the broncos honor the two players that died in the offseason and while coming off of a humiliating loss. we just never seem to match that intensity.

Yeah thats some crappy luck, I was hoping that we would have grown enough as a team by now to overcome that but....no. We better fix it though because we can't afford to lose these next two games.

I still Believe and think this team has some great potential

Hines0wnz
10-22-2007, 11:21 AM

This pretty much epitomizes both losses.