PDA

View Full Version : Who is with me?

SteelCityMan786
10-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Ok guys, we lost tonight, yes, but does that mean we should just panic?

NO! One game doesn't make a season. It's still early guys, anything can happen. Next week is a brand new game. We can start over from scratch and get back on track.

Sure losses are tough to swallow, I get angry to, but doesn't that mean we shouldn't look at the bright side?

Come on now, let's try to pick ourselves up and move on.

Be a Believer!

delhess
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
i know for a fact that i'm not in panic mode:tt02:

XxKnightxX
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Im a believer all the way its the fact that we lost such a favored game in an uncharecteristic manner. Probably what angers a lot of people the most is that the way they played tonight reminded us of the way they were last year and it just brings back irritating memories. well at least to me.

The Duke
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Note to everyone. 2005(Super Bowl season) the team started 3-2, right now we're 4-2. That's all I've to say

bw87a
10-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Im a believer all the way its the fact that we lost such a favored game in an uncharecteristic manner. Probably what angers a lot of people the most is that the way they played tonight reminded us of the way they were last year and it just brings back irritating memories. well at least to me.

you said my exact thoughts...EXACTLY. it just brought back memories from last season and realizing how those damn turnovers hurt us. without a few of our turnovers tonight, WE WIN! have to admit, this thread did make me feel a little better. i was pretty angry.

delhess
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
you are right duke, but i hate that that season is now an excuse for a slow start. but i agree, it is not time to panic at all.

if we lose to cincy on the other hand.....

stlrtruck
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey I know the seasons not over but the one thing that boils the tiny hairs on my butt is the games they definitely could have played better and won the game...but it didn't happen and as I get older, it gets easier....

Like you, I move forward to next week, and know that we are still atop our division and will have to make an impact the next few weeks and get ourselves into better position to win these type games that we don't play so well.

SteelDogFan
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Thank you S.C.M. for a positive post i agree.

HometownGal
10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
I believe in this team 100%. :thumbsup: They stumbled and fell and they will pick themselves back up, work hard in practice this week and go into Shitsinnati revitalized and hungry.

It's REALLY going to suck to be a Bungle next week! :toofunny:

Steelers
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
OK, we suck. BUT our conference sucks worse. We'll still take the AFC North and storm into the playoffs.

Preacher
10-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Our season will be made or broken in the next 2 to 4 games.

Galax Steeler
10-22-2007, 04:18 AM
We will be ok just need to work on a few issues this week.

Kittyfish
10-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by XxKnightxX

you said my exact thoughts...EXACTLY. it just brought back memories from last season and realizing how those damn turnovers hurt us. without a few of our turnovers tonight, WE WIN! have to admit, this thread did make me feel a little better. i was pretty angry.That pretty much sums it up for me too. That was a game we should have won, and except for the 2006 revisited turnovers, we would have. However, we did make an impressive comeback attempt in the second half - too bad it wasn't quite enough. I took it hard, but am feeling better today. It's certainly not the end of the world, or the end of the season. Time to concentrate on next week's game. Onward and upward!

Lord Stiller
10-22-2007, 10:13 AM
There is a cause for panic.

Yes, all the bad gameplanning and lack of focus/fire can be fixed.

BUT can our offensive line be fixed this season and actually block people???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm usually the Steelers biggest cheerleader, but last night was a reality check. Denver is not a good football team. They were a couple lucky bounces from being 0-5 entering the game. The Chargers slapped them up and down that same field just a couple weeks ago, and the Chargers aren't all that great this year.

We have lost two road games on the road against VERY questionable opponents. If we continue this pattern we are going to be 9-7 this year. This team is going to have to learn to beat bad road opponents, and they need to learn NOW. We play at Cincinnati next Sunday, and the Bengals are amongst the worst 5 football teams in the NFL. If we play anything like we did yesterday against the Bengals still potent offense, we are going to lose 50-30.

moedap
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm usually the Steelers biggest cheerleader, but last night was a reality check. Denver is not a good football team. They were a couple lucky bounces from being 0-5 entering the game. The Chargers slapped them up and down that same field just a couple weeks ago, and the Chargers aren't all that great this year.

We have lost two road games on the road against VERY questionable opponents. If we continue this pattern we are going to be 9-7 this year. This team is going to have to learn to beat bad road opponents, and they need to learn NOW. We play at Cincinnati next Sunday, and the Bengals are amongst the worst 5 football teams in the NFL. If we play anything like we did yesterday against the Bengals still potent offense, we are going to lose 50-30.

Second that!

Lord Stiller
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM

I agree. The next 3 games will make or break our season

@ Bungholes
vs Ratbirds
vs Brownies

We need to sweep the division

Hines0wnz
10-22-2007, 11:40 AM

True that. A measuring stick of a good team is that they beat the teams they are supposed to beat. On the bright side, hopefully they take something away from the adversity and use it against the Ravens and Patsies later on.

thebus36idf
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Have you seen New England, and the Colts lately?????? How come we can only seem to turn it on when our backs are against the wall? It makes a season very difficult to watch, and puts a huge strain on my heart, bloodpressure, amongst other things. I guess It could be worse I guess I could be a ravens, or worse yet a bangles fan.

steelpride12
10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree. The next 3 games will make or break our season

@ Bungholes
vs Ratbirds
vs Brownies

We need to sweep the division

Agreed! We must win all 3 of these games and if we do will have a solid hold on the divisions. These games are very winnable, but Ravens will be our biggest trouble blitzing 8 each play and our O-line needs to show up that game!

stillers4me
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm always with the Steelers.....no matter what.

I think Tomlin can get us to the playoffs.......anything beyond that in his first year is like winning the lottery on Christmas day.

MJ5150
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm not going to panic, but we've already dropped two games to teams we should have easily beaten if anyone is going to take us seriously.

Think about it, we're 4-2 and all of our tough games are still ahead of us. That is what has me concerned.

-Mike

steelersfanmx
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
no panic here... :helmet:
I just hope they learn from this.
The next game its gonna be tougher...

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm not in panic mode just yet. But I am being pragmatic. The Bengals are another bad football team. We are on the road. We'll be favored again. If we play like we did last night, we will be outscored by those thugs.

Steel_Bus_24
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
No Im not panicking yet,but I will be if we play like that next week and lose to a division foe

We clean house in our division games and this loss will be forgotten pretty quickly

Stlrs4Life
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM

My thoughts exactly.

delhess
10-22-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm always with the Steelers.....no matter what.

I think Tomlin can get us to the playoffs.......anything beyond that in his first year is like winning the lottery on Christmas day.

Playoffs?!! what's that? you're talkin about Playoffs?? PLAYOFFS??? are you kidding me?? I just hope we can win a game!!!

TommyG
10-22-2007, 10:14 PM
If you told me after last season we would start off 4-2. I would have jumped for joy. We will be fine. We will make the playoffs and who knows what could happen.

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Playoffs?!! what's that? you're talkin about Playoffs?? PLAYOFFS??? are you kidding me?? I just hope we can win a game!!!

Who was that? Jim Fassel with the Giants?

X-Terminator
10-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Nope...Jim Mora of the Colts

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Ah! It was a classic!

TapOut64
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I'll take a 12-4 record.