PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gets No Love from the Zebras!!!

TXSTEELER
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Did anyone else notice how Ben was being manhandled after the whistle and no call. I am sure the zebras would have called at least one penalty if that was fricking Brady or Manning. The one in particular was as viscious as when Turkey Jones stuffed Bradshaw on his neck in Cleveland. There were at least 3 Broncos had Ben tied up and he was waiting for the whistle. Instead after the whistle the 4th Bronco came in stuffed Ben down on his back with the rest of the inbreds. Of course we get 15 yard penalty for hitting the QB 30 yards down the field in the head, when all that happened, was the QB ducked when Troy was trying to tackle him and his hands touched, God forbid, his helmet. What a crock!!!:banging::banging::banging:

Virginia Steeler
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I thought Troy got Cutler's face mask.

thebus36idf
10-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Man! Jay Cutler is running down the field like O.J. simpson, takes a half #%* slide at the last second when Polamalu is already in the air. However body slamming ben on various occasions no Problem!

Mosca
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
I thought the Polamalu call was for the elbow to the head that was hard to see on the replay.

nicesteel4life
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Agree, if you seen the picture on Nfl Network, the lineman were standing there watching him get slammed!

DACEB
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Agree, if you seen the picture on Nfl Network, the lineman were standing there watching him get slammed!

That should absolutely have been a penalty. The ref was right there and did not make the call.

The officiating was poor but so was our play.

Indy_Steelers
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
The refs blew the whistle and 2 or 3 more Broncos pile on Ben and nothing was call. The other thig that bothered me was the no call on the Broncos tackle hooking Harrison because Harrison was kicking his arse.

KYSteelersfan
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
The Polamalu call was actually for his hands "inadvertently" getting on the inside of Jay Cutler's face mask towards the top.

And yes, God forbid that the refs call an obvious body slam on Big Ben.

jjpro11
10-22-2007, 04:31 PM
i thought that was bullshit too and yelled at the tv. i really cannot think of the last time ben got a roughing the passer call.. i know we have gotten a few qb roughing penalties already this season for various little shit plays like cutler last night. anyone willing to look up ben's stat though? i'd like to see the difference between a guy like ben and guys like palmer, brady, and the other love childs of the nfl.

TackleMeBen
10-22-2007, 04:32 PM
as i stated in another thread. until ben changes his last name to brady or manning he will not get any love from the refs..

Counselor
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
The refs blew the whistle and 2 or 3 more Broncos pile on Ben and nothing was call. The other thig that bothered me was the no call on the Broncos tackle hooking Harrison because Harrison was kicking his arse.

Speaking of zebras----one one of those sacks I think it took at least five guys to finally bring Ben down---it reminded me of one of those "wild kingdom" shows where it takes 6 hyenas to finally get the zebra or antelope down--- after a heroic but tragic effort by the zebra.

The problem is Ben is a big tough guy----and the refs don't protect him as much as carson "wwaaaa waaaa" palmer or others. That said, the o-lines of brady and manning are steller----there is a reason why those two don't get hurt.

KYSteelersfan
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Maybe Ben should throw at the refs "private area" just like Burt Reynolds in "The Longest Yard". He would get a HUGE penalty from the NFL, but it would be funny as hell to see it.:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

iloveben7
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
The Broncos should have gotten a penalty for the play when there were like 5 of them sacking Ben, but they didn't knock him down and then after the whistle, they knock Ben over and his neck almost snapped. They are so lucky that Ben didn't get hurt. I almost broke our new TV remote on that play. It reminded me of the one play last year in the 1st Cleveland game where the ball was tipped or something and Ben was running to try and get off the field, but they one Brown comes up and like pushes Ben down and then Ben gets up and he does it again. That's why we had to get a new remote because I threw the old one down during that play.

Unless Ben legally changes his name to crybabies Brady, Manning or Palmer, he will never get a roughing the passer penalty.

stillers4me
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Unless Ben legally changes his name to crybabies Brady, Manning or Palmer, he will never get a roughing the passer penalty.

Ben got knocked out cold last year and there was no penalty. One of our guys pulled down Drew Bees' sock last year and got one. I understand the concept, but there's no consistancy.

Steel_Bus_24
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah this double standard BS pisses me off to no ends, if someone did that to Brady, Manning or Palmer they'd probably get ejected

Preacher
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah this double standard BS pisses me off to no ends, if someone did that to Brady, Manning or Palmer they'd probably get ejected

Here is the problem though... The refs blow the whistle, and we all get ticked off because Ben can break out of that and throw the ball.

I was actually pretty happy with the reffing last night. The ONE thing that ticked me off was when Ben was THROWN down AFTER the whistle. I didn't mind them piling on. It is Ben, that is the only way he will go down. It was THROWING him down that ticked me off.

MJ5150
10-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Ben doesn't need any love from the officials. Good teams don't need the refs to "help" them out.

-Mike

fansince'76
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Ben doesn't need any love from the officials. Good teams don't need the refs to "help" them out.

-Mike

I don't think folks are asking for help - just equitable and consistent calls. We get a 15-yard penalty when the opposing QB turns into a RB, runs 30+ yards and gets hit, but our QB gets body-slammed by 5 opposing defensive players and no penalty is called? Sorry, wrong answer.

MJ5150
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't think folks are asking for help - just equitable and consistent calls.

Good point. I'm just nervous people are going to start blaming the refs for not showing us "love", or Ben specifically.

I have always prided myself on Steeler fans not being like the whiny Scoobyhawk fans who look to the refs everytime they lose a game. Some of you Steeler fans only got a small sample of it from SBXL. It's like that all the time up here, and it makes me sick to hear them.

But yeah, I can see the disparity I suppose.

-Mike

fansince'76
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Good point. I'm just nervous people are going to start blaming the refs for not showing us "love", or Ben specifically.

I have always prided myself on Steeler fans not being like the whiny Scoobyhawk fans who look to the refs everytime they lose a game. Some of you Steeler fans only got a small sample of it from SBXL. It's like that all the time up here, and it makes me sick to hear them.

-Mike

And that is also a great point, MJ. I certainly didn't blame the loss on that horrible call at the end of the game that made all the difference between the Broncos being in Elam's FG range and not - I would imagine some folks would. No, I blame it on the O playing terrible in the 1st half, the D playing terrible for the entire game, and the Broncos realizing that there is a HUGE difference between being 3-3 and 2-4.

TackleMeBen
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM

you do that to manning or brady commish godell would suspend you indefinately.. heck i would pay someone's penalty to take out brady or manning

revefsreleets
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
The AFC West officiating has not been kind to us over the years. HOWEVER, like the Steelers team that won in spite of several bad calls against the Chargers a couple years ago, adversity is something to be overcome, not to feel sorry about after the fact.

jjpro11
10-22-2007, 09:18 PM

-Mike

its not even about getting penalty yards.. i am just sick of seeing our qb getting killed when we get called time and time again for doing far less to opposing team's qbs. i just dont want ben getting hurt because defenders are allowed to have a free-for-all against him.

TackleMeBen
10-22-2007, 09:22 PM
its not even about getting penalty yards.. i am just sick of seeing our qb getting killed when we get called time and time again for doing far less to opposing team's qbs. i just dont want ben getting hurt because defenders are allowed to have a free-for-all against him.
:iagree: one time he is going to get hurt badly and then we will be in trouble. they need to be consistent in their calling. i think that is what we are upset about.

iloveben7
10-22-2007, 11:15 PM
I seriously thought Ben got hurt in that play where the Broncos threw him down after the whistle. It looked like his neck snapped and hit the turf.

Galax Steeler
10-23-2007, 05:09 AM
I also thought that should have been a penalty maybe their flags were froze to there @$$&$.

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Some iffy calls? Sure. Reason why we lost the game? No way.

Personally, I strongly doubt that there is some grand NFL conspiracy going around when it comes to the officiating and Ben Roethlisberger. I find it hard to imagine Goodell and all the NFL officials in the league meeting in a dimly lit and secluded warehouse and laying down the ground rules when it comes to Ben Roethlisberger.

Although it is funny and amusing to think about. Maybe Mulder and Scully can crack the case.

KYSteelersfan
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Not saying there is a conspiracy. But like everybody has said, we are sick of see our QB getting boby slammed to the ground AFTER THE WHISTLE has blown the play dead and there be no penalty. We barely touch their QB while he still has the ball and is not doing a give-up slide and we get flagged for roughing the QB, or Unsportmanslike Conduct. Then you see the QB getting up off the ground smiling. That's what pisses me off. Call the game fair and square and I won't have a problem if we lose.

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Not saying there is a conspiracy. But like everybody has said, we are sick of see our QB getting boby slammed to the ground AFTER THE WHISTLE has blown the play dead and there be no penalty. We barely touch their QB while he still has the ball and is not doing a give-up slide and we get flagged for roughing the QB, or Unsportmanslike Conduct. Then you see the QB getting up off the ground smiling. That's what pisses me off. Call the game fair and square and I won't have a problem if we lose.

Never said you in particular.

And I agree, there is a lack of consistency throughout the whole league (hence, "iffy calls"). Not just with our beloved Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger in particular.

KYSteelersfan
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
:iagree:

Lord Stiller
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Other than the late BS slamming of Ben, there was also a play where he got horse collared but is so strong that he didnt go down. Of course no penalty on the play. Total BS

Also, James Harrison was getting held all night with no calls. One play in particular was the 3rd and 15 or so when Denver threw that screen pass to the left and got it. Harrison beat his man clean and was held from behind!!!!!!!!!!

KYSteelersfan
10-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Also, James Harrison was getting held all night with no calls. One play in particular was the 3rd and 15 or so when Denver threw that screen pass to the left and got it. Harrison beat his man clean and was held from behind!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that play and wishing I had something to throw at the TV. It's kind of hard to run after the guy with the ball, when somebody has ahold of your shoulder from behind.

jjpro11
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
You know what, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing that play and wishing I had something to throw at the TV. It's kind of hard to run after the guy with the ball, when somebody has ahold of your shoulder from behind.

i remember that play.. it was the screen pass that ended up going for a first down. i yelled holding as soon as i saw it.

stlrtruck
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Look guys this is football, we can either play it the way it's meant to be played or cry about it like the 31 other team's fans!

Although there should have been a few penalties, it doesn't matter - I'm sure the NFL mentality is just that, "They're the Steelers, they're players can handle it!"