PDA

View Full Version : LT Gives the Steelers MAJOR props...

Suitanim
10-11-2005, 09:00 AM
"That was probably the best defense I've faced as far as the run game in my career."

? LaDainian Tomlinson on the Steelers
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...1010lt1-hi.ram (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/audiovideo/051010lt1-hi.ram)

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 09:07 AM
lt is the man and other than m. faulk is probably my favorite player who is not a steeler. hes a good guy to root for just like b. sanders was back in the day. and he re-upped his contract with the chargers when he could have left for greener pastures. unfortunately for him it looks like the steelers will be in his way to achieve any playoff success.

Ambridge
10-11-2005, 09:29 AM
LT is a great player on and off the field.

squirreljr_98
10-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I saw that quote...

I think we did a GREAT job of containment on LT...

They only had 66 total rushing yards!

sweeeeet! :grin:

TasmanianTroy271
10-11-2005, 02:21 PM
We did a good job of containing LT, considering he normally runs over 100 yds each game. I thought he passed 100, but i guess for each 6 or 8 yard run, we stuffed him the next time up, so that all works out. You gotta give it up for the whole front 7, they all showed excellance. Casey pounding the center into Brees, Aaron was on Brees a few times, Kimo rushed him setting up Joey for a sack, Foote and Farrior stuffing the run, and Harrison with that glorious interception that's for sure to be on a highlight reel somewhere. Thumbs up, guys :smile:

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 03:58 PM
That was a spectacular show of stopping the run. LT is a true classy player!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2005, 04:24 PM
We all said the keys to the game were to stop or atleast contain LT and Gates.. we did it, and we won !!! not everybody has our defense though, but thats the blue print for beating the bolts. We handled mccardell w/ no problem as I figured we would.. brees made some plays but when you take away his too biggest weapons, he's severely limited.

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Same here Tony. LT is my favorite player who isn't a Steeler.

ngreene15
10-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Classy guy.

Best all around back in the league, he's the total package.

He's up there with Michael Vick on being my favorite non Steelers.