PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Sick Of Tom Brady?

PAMillerGrrl83
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Is it just me or are there other people who are sick of the media being on Brady's nuts?

fansince'76
10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
It's Brady's world - we just live in it. :rolleyes: To answer the question, though, yes - past the point of nausea already.

Jman
10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm so sick of it. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Cris Collinsworth is gay over the guy. And I don't mean to be rude to Cris, or any other individual, but geez, dude, get over the guy!

HometownGal
10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
And I don't mean to be rude to Cris, or any other individual, but geez, dude, get over the guy!

Well, I'll be rude to Cris for ya - I have no hesitation in doing so.

Hey Cris - remove your lips from Brady's pee pee, ya homo.

There - that felt better. :jammin:

Just think - we are being inundated with Peytoon commercials this season - just think what we're in for next year if Brady keeps up the pace he's on. :yuck::yuck:

iloveben7
10-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Who isn't sick of Brady? Yesterday I muted the TV for awhile during the game because they kept saying Brady this, Brady that.

steelergirl07
10-23-2007, 04:44 AM
I haven't watched ESPN since Sunday morning because it kept replaying the Pats and their poster boy. I can't stand him. Right now I rather watch another Peyton Manning commercial then hear another person hugging Brady's nuts.

Boomerang
10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah watching the Jags and Colts they must have mentioned Brady 20 times, its getting tiresome hearing it all the time.

Michael Keller
10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
You kidding me . This guy has a chance to be the greatest QB ever. Other than jealousy and resentment whats the problem. I still think Marino was the greatest. I admire Favre for his toughness and gun slinger demeanor. Tom Brady when he is finished might be the best QB ever. I am not ready to crown him yet but man the guy is incredible. He makes it look too easy and this scares me. Having said all this I hope the Steelers are the first team to crack his apparent invincibility and I mean twice this year.

In the mean time enjoy the Master and ignore the Peter Kings and Chris Collinsworths. It is not Brady's fault the press falls all over their feet to worship him. Finally I think we got a guy who can be pretty good too. Ben is going to get even better and we do not know what his highest level of play is. One thing apparent to me is that Ben is the better athlete. However he could learn from Brady.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Sign me up....where do I send my dues.

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Oversaturation is never good for any celebrity.

But if anyone thinks the hype machine is working in overdrive now, wait until next Sunday. The talking heads will hardly be able to stop themselves from overlooking all those games and talking about the following weeks game between the Pats and thr Colts. By 9PM Sunday, we will literally be under assault by the media about this game. By the following Saturday, I'll be ready to cut my ears off and rip my eyes out of my skull I'll be so sick of hearing about Brady and Manning.

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah watching the Jags and Colts they must have mentioned Brady 20 times, its getting tiresome hearing it all the time.

That's what get's to me. I understand talking about the guy and that team on Sports Center and every other sports show in this country (doesn't really bother me). They are a hell of a football team with a sick offense......and they are undefeated. It's expected (at least for me). But when they talk about them when two teams are playing, that's when it becomes overkill. Just tone it down a bit for those who really do not want to hear about it while watching a game where neither team is named the Patriots.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM

I dont know what was worse....listening to the Brady-love or the "Hollywood pandering" of Russell Crowe.... and subsequent looooong discussion of his rugby team..AT THE EXPENSE OF PLAY-BY-PLAY

tony hipchest
10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I dont know what was worse....listening to the Brady-love or the "Hollywood pandering" of Russell Crowe.... and subsequent looooong discussion of his rugby team..AT THE EXPENSE OF PLAY-BY-PLAY
and when they finally did get around to play by play?

Tirico: "...and manning completes a 15 yard out"

Jaws: "You know mike, nobody throws a prettier out than manning and brady."

Tirico: ".... and manning hits clark, deep down the middle."

Jaws: "clark is having a pro bowl season. if brady didnt have moss, stallworth, and welker to throw to, its likely watson and clark would make a strong push to unseat gates and gonzales for the pro bowl roster spots.

Tirico: "....and manning frenetically waves his arms to change the play..."

Jaws: "see mike, brady doesnt need to change calls. the perfect and correct call is always made the 1st time out of the huddle."

Tirico: "...and manning steps to the sideline to confer with the coaches and take a shot of water from the gatorade bottle."

Jaws: "nobody drinks more water than brady, mike. he knows the importance of hydrating oneself.

Kornhieser: "HA! so are you saying brady was The Waterboy before The Waterboy? Thats some mighty fine H2O, jaws. HA!"

have you ever seen how they wash/scrub the elephants at the zoo? to give that treatment to bradys nuts during MNF is pitiful.

TackleMeBen
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
i dont think anyone is jealous of brady, but there is such a thing called overkill and that is what the media is doing with brady. they are making him out to be 'god' of football. dont get me wrong, i agree that brady is a great qb, but the media needs to lay off his nuts for awhile.. there is another qb that is just as good as brady, as much as i hate to say it, peyton is still pretty good too :wink02:

memphissteelergirl
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Please...I was sick of him before the season started with all of his "Baby Mama Drama."

I am REALLY sick of him now! :shake01:

TackleMeBen
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Please...I was sick of him before the season started with all of his "Baby Mama Drama."

I am REALLY sick of him now! :shake01:

oh yeah, but that was fun to make jokes about though :bouncy:

revefsreleets
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
That was very funny Tony! Unfortuantely it was pretty close to the truth.

I think I'll be jabbing pencils in my eyes by about November 2nd, screaming "Please God make it stop!"

atrus20
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Isn't this just like the love fest for Montana in the 80's or Aikman in the 90's? New decade, new pretty boy QB to gush over. I'm not saying I like whats going on but I'm not really surprised by it. By next decade the media will be gushing over another pretty boy QB that no one can stand but every one respects his skill.

TackleMeBen
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Isn't this just like the love fest for Montana in the 80's or Aikman in the 90's? New decade, new pretty boy QB to gush over. I'm not saying I like whats going on but I'm not really surprised by it. By next decade the media will be gushing over another pretty boy QB that no one can stand but every one respects his skill.

we know it wont be brady quinn..lol.. and i like Aikman, in fact i have his home and away jerseys:thumbsup:

SteelersMongol
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM

Jaws: "clark is having a pro bowl season. if brady didnt have moss, stallworth, and welker to throw to, its likely watson and clark would make a strong push to unseat gates and gonzales for the pro bowl roster spots.

Jaws: "see mike, brady doesnt need to change calls. the perfect and correct call is always made the 1st time out of the huddle."

Tirico: "...and manning steps to the sideline to confer with the coaches and take a shot of water from the gatorade bottle."

Jaws: "nobody drinks more water than brady, mike. he knows the importance of hydrating oneself.

Kornhieser: "HA! so are you saying brady was The Waterboy before The Waterboy? Thats some mighty fine H2O, jaws. HA!"

have you ever seen how they wash/scrub the elephants at the zoo? to give that treatment to bradys nuts during MNF is pitiful.

Ha ha ha. :toofunny: That's just too good.

LadyVader
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
I am so over the Tom Brady lovefest.:banging:

Jman
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
NFL network usually does a good job of not dwelling on any one subject, but even now it is getting ridiculous on there. ESPN, well, they do what they want, and hence, DON'T get my ratings. They go on and on about Brady. I suppose its my own fault watching MNF last night, being that the commentating has gotten SO bad. But there is the example - you're watching a COLT and JAGUAR game, and how does Tom Brady get brought up? For??? Who cares!! That pathetic "sports" show you folks call SportsCenter will have 13 hours of commentating on the guy - DROP IT!

Blah! Blah! Blah!
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I am a Pats fan and alot of us fans are sick of it as well. It has got to stop. Most football fans cannot stand our team as is nevermind all the nonstop BS that is going along with the team. I am sure if BB or Brady had their way they would want to be left out of the medias eye and rather have other teams get the attention.

tony hipchest
10-23-2007, 02:23 PM
I am sure if BB or Brady had their way they would want to be left out of the medias eye and rather have other teams get the attention.
in the past, i would agree. the patriots never minded living in the colts shadow, cause they always had their rings to fall back on and could use it as a slight.

now that the colts are the champs, i think it really ate at belichick (and especially brady) being in their shadows. this year is much more to the patriots than winning a 4th champ. they wanna beat manning and his records, and put them out of reach.

tom seems very insecure with manning being considered better. the more you hear him say winning is all that matters, the more it sounds like hes trying to convince himself.

i think the pats love this attention. theyve yearned for it since 2001, and always yelled "disrespect" when they didnt get it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-23-2007, 03:01 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Tom who?

BlastFurnace
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm not really sick of it...I'm just amazed at what he is doing. The guy has thrown 27 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions. I think he deserves all the accolades he is getting. So far, he is on pace to shatter NFL records. Hate him or not, what he is doing is incredible.

stlrtruck
10-23-2007, 05:12 PM
To be honest with you, I don't mind the Brady love fest as long as I'm watching a patri-cheats game (but of course if I was doing that I'd hang myself) but to hear it over and over and over and over (did I mention over and over) again, is ridiculous it really detracts from the other players in this league.

God forbid the guy get another ring, they'll be showing brady jizz on their face all off-season.

Steelman16
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I am so sick of hearing about Tom Brady this, Tom Brady that. The most perfect thing that could happen this season would be a triple hit smash sack on Brady by a combo of Farrior, Haggans and Kiesel, then a fumble and recovery for TD by the Big Snack all while Poor Tom looks on in pain from a shattered knee....

OK, I couldn't wish that on anyone, but I'm durn near gettin' to that point! :banging:

tony hipchest
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Concept design of the new MVP trophy:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/ballwasher1.jpg

...done in the finest Tiffany silver of course.

lilyoder6
10-23-2007, 08:13 PM
i have tom brady in my big FF league... i'm happy about the stats.. lol.. but there talking about brady and the pats being so good... they've only played 1 good team in dallas and that was close until 2nd half... until they actually start playing good teams back to back to back in a row then we see how they deal with it

PAMillerGrrl83
10-23-2007, 11:09 PM
What got me, I really hadn't paid that much attention to it till last night when me and my fiance were watching the Colts/Jags game and I kept hearing "Brady" pop up I was like wth this aint a Patricheats game so give it a rest.

Dirtywater
10-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah, the nerve of Brady playing his heart out. I blame him for it.

stlrtruck
10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah, the nerve of Brady playing his heart out. I blame him for it.

It's not about brady playing his heart out it's about the love fest that the media wants to get on their knees and give him even when he's not playing a game.:thumbsup:

rbryan
10-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Is this a trick question???