PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin PC (injuries)

12+88=6
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
i saw he got hurt but haven't heard how bad. the def missed him sunday night.

jjpro11
10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
from the post gazette
NOTES -- Preliminary reports are that defensive end Aaron Smith, who left the game with a sprained MCL in his knee, is unlikely to play against Cincinnati. ... Roethlisberger tied a career high with his four touchdown passes, giving him 13 after six games this season. In his first three NFL seasons, he finished with 17, 17 and 18 touchdown passes.

Galax Steeler
10-23-2007, 03:39 AM
He will be missed against cincinnati hopefully he will get back on the field soon.

steelpride12
10-23-2007, 06:04 AM
aaa get healthly Aaron!

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 11:09 AM
A. Smith: Sprain knee (doubtful at best)

R. Clark: Inflamation of the spleen. He will be okay. Will know later in the week. Good chance he can play.

K. Kriewaldt: Shoulder injury. Chance to play. Evaluate through the week.

J. Tuman : Will play.

B. McFadden: Chance to play. Evaluate through the week.

H. Ward: Sore, but fine. Will play.

GeneralRobinson
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Thank goodness Aaron's injury is not more serious. Did anyone see how it happened? My first thought when it was reported was, "the dreaded Denver cut blocking strikes again". However, I don't know for sure.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
[
R. Clark: Inflamation of the spleen.

How the crap does that happen....!!!

HometownGal
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM

It can happen from trauma to the splenic area, LLT. May have taken a helmet to that area when he was making a tackle or fell on top of another player and the left side of the abdomen (above the intestines) took the brunt.

I'm glad to see that there are no serious injuries. Thanks for the heads up 83.

alittlejazzbird
10-23-2007, 12:15 PM

Didn't some kind of spleen damage happen to Chris Simms last year? He had to be rushed to the hospital right after a game and had to have his spleen removed because of several nasty hits. Happens the same way every injury happens, I guess.

Lord Stiller
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
good news that McFadden seems to be recovering so fast

they should still sit him out untill fully healthy though, those high ankle sprains are a b*tch

Lord Stiller
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Steelers | R. Clark injury update
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:51:21 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers FS Ryan Clark (spleen) has a good chance of playing in the team's Week 8 game, according to head coach Mike Tomlin. Tomlin added Clark had a pre-existing "blood situation" in which altitude and dehydration caused an inflammation of his spleen. If Clark is unable to play, FS Anthony Smith would start in his place.

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM

The injury did not occur while playing the game. Did not take in enough liquids from what I understand.

83-Steelers-43
10-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Steelers Aaron Smith likely out for Sunday's game
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers likely will be without defensive end Aaron Smith when they play at Cincinnati Sunday.

Coach Mike Tomlin today listed Smith as "doubtful" with a sprained MCL in his left knee.

Tomlin also revealed that starting free safety Ryan Clark remained in Denver with an inflamed spleen he said was caused by a blood condition brought on by the high altitude and dehydration.

Other injury updates from the coach:

Linebacker Clint Kriewaldt (shoulder) has a good chance to play, tight end Jerame Tuman (back) will return and cornerback Bryant McFadden (ankle) has a chance to play after missing the past two games. Tomlin said wide receiver Hines Ward, who returned after missing two games with a sprained knee, had no setbacks.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07296/827751-66.stm

SteelerFanInCA
10-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Glad to hear he didn't tear anything.

TapOut64
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
He's a lot better player than most believe and will be missed.

GeneralRobinson
10-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Were there any other enlightening comments by Coach Tomlin?

His thoughts on the game?
Areas to improve?
Any players mentioned specifically?

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Were there any other enlightening comments by Coach Tomlin?

His thoughts on the game?
Areas to improve?
Any players mentioned specifically?

According to the Tuesday chat with Ed.B. of the P-G, Tomlin said Woodley has earned more playing time at OLB ( as Timmons remains in the deep background)

Q: I heard the Tomlin press conference but Tomlin seemed to side step the Woodley question. Do you think he'll see more playing time this week and weeks to come?

Ed Bouchette: He did not sidestep it. He said he probably deserves more playing time based on his production.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07296/827755-66.stm

jjpro11
10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
did clark leave during the game?

tony hipchest
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
i just watched the PC and tomlin did a fine job talking 100s of people away from the bridges and off of the ledge. its nice to have some professional insider analysis, to render all the rants and premature panic moot.

however, its not an easy road. if we lose 2 games and the bengals win 2, we are tied. good to hear tomlin admit it is a "big game" next weekend.

83-Steelers-43
10-26-2007, 12:36 PM
One Smith in, one out for Steelers
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 26, 2007

Anthony Smith will start at free safety for the Steelers on Sunday at Cincinnati, in place of Ryan Clark, who did not practice this week after leaving the game last Sunday at Denver because of an inflamed spleen.

Clark isn't the only Steelers starter on the shelf. Defensive end Aaron Smith (knee sprain) will miss the game, and nickel back Bryant McFadden (high ankle sprain) likely will sit out, though he practiced on a limited basis this week.

Aaron Smith was able to jog along the sidelines during practice Friday. Nick Eason likely will start in his place Sunday.

Anthony Smith will make his sixth career start. One of those was the season finale last year in Cincinnati, a 23-17 Steelers victory that ruined the Bengals' playoff hopes.

Smith said he spent part of that game jawing with Cincinnati's talkative wide receivers, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chad Johnson.

"I had a little altercation with Houshmandzadeh," Smith said. "I got the best of that battle."

Asked which receiver is more talkative during a game, Smith said, "Johnson, a little bit. When they're up, they talk a lot more. When they're down, they don't talk that much."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_534764.html

HometownGal
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
It's a shame Aaron won't be able to play this weekend, but it's best to have him back 100% - we're going to need him big time in the second half of the season.

I'd love nothing more than to see Anthony Smith knock IBoinkedMarvinsMama head off again. :sofunny::thumbsup::banana:

The Duke
10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Anthony Smith will start at free safety for the Steelers on Sunday at Cincinnati, in place of Ryan Clark

:cheer:

Get well soon though Clark

Would've been nice to have B Mac back this game against those cincy receivers, but I guess we're even cause they don't have Henry and we don't have Bryant.

Nick Eason did a good job on sunday and I expect the run D to be almost the same, just hope Aaron's injury doesn't keep him out too long

Elvis
10-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Maybe Smith will take advantage of this time that he is gonna get. If he doesnt, then it just proves that he isnt ready to take over of the most important positions in our defensive scheme. If our FS plays well enough then the Steelers dont have to keep Troy back to give him help and that means that Troy can be Troy..
:tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
That's good news that Aaron is actually jogging a little bit on the sidelines.

This is Anthony Smith's chance to step up. Hopefully he comes out and has a nice game.

OneForTheToe
10-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Glad to see that the injury to Aaron was not as serious as I thought it was when I first heard about it.

For the record I tweaked my "hammy" a litle this week carring a keg up the steps, but I think I will be fine for Sunday. :injured: List me as probable. :hope: :wink02:

Preacher
10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
How nice is it to know that if we have an injury at Safety or at LB, we can have people step in without any drop?

Matter of fact, I am expecting even better production from safety now, because Smith wants to prove he belongs.

I am not sure about us now, but MAN do we ever have a future ahead of us!

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
As Mosca posted in another thread, predictions are worthless, but I am surprised the Steelers are a unanimous across the board pick at both ESPN.com and USA Today - with the injures and abysmal pass coverage last week I am less confident for this game than any game to date this year.

Depth is good, but IMO replacing Clark is no sure thing and Aaron Smith simply cannot be replaced with no drop-off at DE.

tony hipchest
10-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Depth is good, but IMO replacing Clark is no sure thing and Aaron Smith simply cannot be replaced with no drop-off at DE.for sure. eason? he is the 1 steelers primary back up i know the least about. no telling what to expect from him (hopefully more plays of woodley pushing him off the field).

Preacher
10-26-2007, 05:53 PM
As Mosca posted in another thread, predictions are worthless, but I am surprised the Steelers are a unanimous across the board pick at both ESPN.com and USA Today - with the injures and abysmal pass coverage last week I am less confident for this game than any game to date this year.

Depth is good, but IMO replacing Clark is no sure thing and Aaron Smith simply cannot be replaced with no drop-off at DE.

I agree with DE... which is why I didn't list it. However, I am VERY comfortable with Clark being replaced by Smith. Smith played very well last year. He only had a couple rookie mistakes, which can and should be expected. The only way to learn is to play.

GaryGlick
10-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Do we know anything about Eason? Other than whoever our third string quarterback is this week, he is the most invisible guy on the team.

Welcome To Smashmouth
10-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Do we know anything about Eason? Other than whoever our third string quarterback is this week, he is the most invisible guy on the team.

Honestly I've been impressed by the little time hes gotten to show us what hes capable of.

A couple real solid tackles that make me take note

The Duke
10-27-2007, 09:28 PM

He's not invisible, I've seen him some times in the games and he does just what Aaron and Casey do- clug the line. He's good as a replacement while aaron gets better, but I really hope it's fast

Lord Stiller
10-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, Eason is decent...better than Kirshie IMO

Preacher
10-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Funny thing...

we will probably put him in there, and never hear his name called... which is a good thing for a DL in a 3-4. Just keep your ground... and make a push on the passes... that is all we ask. Control a guy or two so our LB's can break past.