PDA

View Full Version : WELL WISHES FOR HTG

NV STEELERS 723
10-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Lets leave some well wishes to HTG as she is having surgery tomorrow..

HTG...my thoughts and positive wishes are w/ ya !!! Hope your foot is healed enough to stomp some Bunghole butt this weekend!!!!!

GBMelBlount
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Lets leave some well wishes to HTG as she is having surgery tomorrow..

HTG...my thoughts and positive wishes are w/ ya !!! Hope your foot is healed enough to stomp some Bunghole butt this weekend!!!!!

Best wishes HTG!

fansince'76
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Marianne, you know all my thoughts and prayers are with you on a flawless surgery and a speedy convalescence! :hug:

Atlanta Dan
10-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Marianne - hoping for a speedy recovery

:cheers:
Dan

SteelCityMan786
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Hope everything goes well Marianne!

MasterOfPuppets
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
good luck HTG....request the painkiller vicodin...it'll make recovery time much more pleasant..:chuckle:

stillers4me
10-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Good luck....you'll be stickin' that foot up some Bungle Butt in no time! :chuckle:

tony hipchest
10-23-2007, 10:58 PM
like they say HTG... "put your best foot forward"

ok... maybe that cliche doesnt apply, anyways, may your op be routine.

:smile::thumbsup:

Mosca
10-23-2007, 11:03 PM
You'll be doing the hokey-pokey in no time!

PAMillerGrrl83
10-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Good vibes being sent your way!

steelersfanmx
10-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I bet everything will go ok with the surgery..
get well soon Marianne.!!!:hug:

Preacher
10-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I am praying for you!

Hope everything turns out good!

OneForTheToe
10-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Hope everything is fine. Remember to ask for iced cream

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Right there beside ya buddy!!!

HometownGal
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone - what a sweet gesture! :hug:

I'll be fine - God don't want me and the devil is afraid of me. :wink02:

It is HELL not being able to have my cup of coffee this morning!

Have a great day y'all and see you soon. :thumbsup:

The Duke
10-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Gotta find a new picture of Sepulveda for when she comes back.

Hope everything turns out well!

TackleMeBen
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Gotta find a new picture of Sepulveda for when she comes back.

Hope everything turns out well!

him without a shirt on will definately help her recovery time..lol:wink02:.. get well soon. i cant cheer for the both of us sunday..lol

revefsreleets
10-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm late as usual, but heal up quickly!

Godfather
10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Get well soon. Hope you don't have to miss any football!

Preacher
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Remember to write in a BIG INK PEN...

WRONG FOOT.. and THIS FOOT on the appropriate feet!!

Crushzilla
10-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Get well soon, but be sure to milk any attention you may be getting :wink02:

My thoughts are with you.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Good luck HTG.

X-Terminator
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I just talked to HTG, and everything went fine - she's back home and resting. The drugs haven't worn off yet, so she's still off in the ozone and not feeling any pain...at least not until morning anyway! LOL! Now the long rehab begins, which is actually worse than the surgery itself, and knowing how she is, it's going to drive her batty! But at least all is well, and she won't have any problems 10 years down the road. :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
10-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I just talked to HTG, and everything went fine - she's back home and resting. The drugs haven't worn off yet, so she's still off in the ozone and not feeling any pain...at least not until morning anyway! LOL! Now the long rehab begins, which is actually worse than the surgery itself, and knowing how she is, it's going to drive her batty! But at least all is well, and she won't have any problems 10 years down the road. :thumbsup:

Please give her our best!

GutterflowerSteel
10-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, HTG! :cheer:

TackleMeBen
10-24-2007, 08:35 PM

glad to hear that everything went well. tell her that i am still working on our plan for her speedy recovery. she will know :wink02:.

fansince'76
10-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Thanks so much for the update, Eric. :cheers: I thought about calling her myself, but I don't want to disturb her. Maybe tomorrow.

Galloway6
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Get well soon HTG! :cheers:

stlrtruck
10-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Best wishes for a quick recovery and a miracle healing from the Lord above.

MasterOfPuppets
10-25-2007, 04:45 PM
hey HTG !!!! glad to see your here and posting. must mean everything went smooth..:thumbsup: did ya remember to ask for that vicadon script?

HometownGal
10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
hey HTG !!!! glad to see your here and posting. must mean everything went smooth..:thumbsup: did ya remember to ask for that vicadon script?

Hiya MOP! Yep - got some Vicodin but am trying not to take it, as I hate that "fuzzy" feeling. I've been doing OK on Aleve for now but have my friend "Vic" handy if I need it! :crazy01:

The pain in the foot and toe aren't too bad today - just a bit of pain here and there. What's driving me mad is having to sit so much - I'm not used to doing that. I have to go back to my doc next week so he can change the dressing and the week after that, I'll get my stitches out and be fiited for a boot cast which I can remove at night (thank God!).

Thank you all again for the well-wishes, prayers and good vibes! :hug:

Preacher
10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Glad your doing ok!!!

Are you going to be fine to meet next weeked (or the early following week)? That Ravens games is coming quickly!!!

NV STEELERS 723
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Hey there my fav Mod...glad to hear your hangin in there...keep us in the loop and I hope your feeling like golfing real soon! LOL

MACH1
10-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Glad to see your doing well and everything went good for you. I do have a extra (cast)walking boot in my shed if you want it. Its only a size 12 though. :wink02: :sofunny:

Take care

TroysBadDawg
10-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey HTG you get better real fast, yinz hear.

The Duke
10-26-2007, 12:59 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Daniel_Sepulveda.JPG/400px-Daniel_Sepulveda.JPG

Let the healing process begin.

Glad to you're okay!

HometownGal
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Daniel_Sepulveda.JPG/400px-Daniel_Sepulveda.JPG (That lucky chin strap!)

Let the healing process begin.

Glad to you're okay!

YOWSA!!!!!!! :banana::lust::lust: Now THAT made me feel a whole lot better! Thanks Duke! :cheers:

I had a pretty rough time last night - all of the medication and numbing prep that was injected into my foot prior to surgery has worn off and the Aleve wasn't doing jack as far as relieving the pain. I had to give in this morning and take a Vike to stop the throbbing and it worked like a charm! It will get better every day, I'm sure. It is starting to itch a bit where the stitches are which is hell - LOL!

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes - I appreciate it more than you know! :hug:

Steelerstrength
10-26-2007, 03:50 PM
With the awesome attitude I'm feeling from your posts, the time will fly by!

All the best for a super-speedy recovery!

TroysBadDawg
10-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey I just had a great thought, I know your like me and don't like to take meds so I have an idea.

Tonight take a double double of Jack Daniels and PM tomorrow for another script.

HometownGal
10-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey I just had a great thought, I know your like me and don't like to take meds so I have an idea.

Tonight take a double double of Jack Daniels and PM tomorrow for another script.

LMAO!!! :sofunny: I'm not big on Jack (no remarks from the peanut gallery, ya hear? :wink02:) but I would gladly take a double double of Stoleys. :cheers:

Went for my first post-op visit this morning and my doc changed my dressing, bandages and wrap. He also took x-rays and is very pleased with the results thus far. My foot is still pretty swollen and bruised, which is a normal part of the healing process. The stitches look good and will be removed on Monday next week. :thumbsup: I can put a teenie bit of weight on the left side of the foot if I have to (when losing my balance or wearing the surgical shoe) but absolutely none on the right. He will decide on Monday whether to fit me for a boot cast or a plaster cast. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a boot!

I've done really well with the crutches except at 3 AM this morning when I got up to go to the bathroom. On the way back to my bedroom, I was coming down the hall and my left crutch got hung up on a mini-vacuum sitting in the corner of the hallway next to the full-length mirror. I went off-balance and went head first into the mirror but managed not to fall, but I now have a purty little lump on my noggin - LMAO!!! :toofunny:

TroysBadDawg
10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
My foot is still pretty swollen and bruised,

Take a double double of Jack PRN
[Quote] but I now have a purty little lump on my noggin - QUOTE]

For the lump on the noggin, place ice in a rag, rub over the lump three times for the lump. Then place ice in a glass and fill with Jack, drink the filled glass until empty. PRN

That will be 3 :hug: call me in the morning. Be sure to have your insurance card handy.

If you don't want the Jack I will drink it for you. Waaa Hooooo

Although I would rather have Lebanese ARAK (100 proof)

BTW What the hell is Stoley's???

HometownGal
10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Take a double double of Jack PRN
[Quote] but I now have a purty little lump on my noggin - QUOTE]

For the lump on the noggin, place ice in a rag, rub over the lump three times for the lump. Then place ice in a glass and fill with Jack, drink the filled glass until empty. PRN

That will be 3 :hug: call me in the morning. Be sure to have your insurance card handy.

If you don't want the Jack I will drink it for you. Waaa Hooooo

Although I would rather have Lebanese ARAK (100 proof)

BTW What the hell is Stoley's???

I likey your recipe, but not the Jack variety. Stoley's is the smoothest vodka out there! Tastes darned good with some cranberry juice and a lime! :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Dang HTG!!!

Stop hurting yourself!! I hope you doing better!

TroysBadDawg
10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey HTG do what ever is necessary to get better, but get better ok?

Just a thought, I can lend you one of my old sport (basketball) wheelchairs (A little tippy, but if you drink all that medicinal stuff you'll be tippy anyway.). I don't use them any more, even got crutches, canes(use them at times). Great for chasing my kids with.

SteelersMongol
10-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey, I didn't know she was going through surgery. I guess I gotta read things little more careful.

Wish you the best and hope you get better soon. I'm sure the last Sunday WIN must've been helping you.

TroysBadDawg
10-31-2007, 10:13 PM
CAn I send you some Stoley's by mail? If not some Cranberry juice? How about FedEx? Ok UPS? Then How darn it?

NV STEELERS 723
11-02-2007, 08:25 PM
There's nothing like a good Stoley Cape Cod..! You get the booze and the cranberry is good for you anyway!

HometownGal
11-02-2007, 08:46 PM
CAn I send you some Stoley's by mail? If not some Cranberry juice? How about FedEx? Ok UPS? Then How darn it?

I'm always up for a Stoleys! :banana:

There's nothing like a good Stoley Cape Cod..! You get the booze and the cranberry is good for you anyway!

Darned tootin! :thumbsup:

I get my sutures out on Monday. I went to the doc's office on Thursday to meet with an ultrasound technician who gave me a portable ultrasound machine to use at home - 20 minutes every day. This is supposed to aid in the fracture healing and facilitate healing. Hey - whatever helps, I'll try. :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
11-02-2007, 08:59 PM
CAn I send you some Stoley's by mail? If not some Cranberry juice? How about FedEx? Ok UPS? Then How darn it? can you send me a half gallon of crown? :thumbsup:

oh, and i'll need about 2 30 packs of miller lite to chase it with.....:chug:

ps....long neck bottles please....:alcoholic

Elvis
11-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Get Well Soon
Marrianne!!
:hug: