PDA

View Full Version : Poor Wild Fire Response Due to Iraq War!

GBMelBlount
10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Both Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid have politicized that the poor response to the Southern California wildfires is due to the fact that half of the available resources are in Iraq. After very simple research, it has been determined that there are 17,000 National Guard availlable right now in California if called upon. Only 2,000 of the National Guard from California are in Iraq. Although the criticism will make headlines, the facts probably won't.

revefsreleets
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Harry Reid has also opened his mouth and inserted his foot by stating unequivocably that these fires are caused by Global Warming. Harry, Harry, Harry, the fires were deliberately set, and there are several investigations into arson being opened. It wouldn't shock me at all if the Democrats wanted Bush investigated for personally setting the fires himself.

This is not the proper time to play politics.

83-Steelers-43
10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
This is good. Grasping at straws are we Miss Boxer and Mr. Reid? Every single report I have heard/read is very positive. I enjoyed watching Arnold completely shoot down that one 'reporter', if you can even call her that.

Y838vto6los

What a joke. Keep up the good work ABC. :coffee:

revefsreleets
10-25-2007, 09:12 AM
I heard this on the radio today. It's also interesting that I've heard no reports of looting, or people shooting at helicopters, or any other disorder. Interesting.

X-Terminator
10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
The sad part, other than the fires themselves, is that there will be enough idiots in this country who will believe this and point the finger at Bush.

TackleMeBen
10-25-2007, 11:07 AM
The sad part, other than the fires themselves, is that there will be enough idiots in this country who will believe this and point the finger at Bush.

how true that is. it amazes me that we seem to just believe whatever the mainstream media says as to be the gospel. it seems if you actually think for yourselves then you are evil. its truly sad what this country has become.

stlrtruck
10-25-2007, 12:02 PM
It is a shame that people want to blame poor responses on the military decisions of our government. From what I've heard on the news, it wouldn't matter if every military person was in California - the weather was a bigger factor in not containing the fire sooner!

But hey, why would the media want to report facts over opinion. They believe we should all want to hear their Collinsworth like BS input!

fansince'76
10-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh well, this is what happens when the enviro-wackos successfully block any logging at all from taking place. Instead of having reasonably clear forests where you may lose 1,000 acres or two in the event of a wildfire, you wind up with massively overgrown tinderboxes and lose hundreds of thousands of acres. I don't advocate the clear-cutting of forests, but I do support some logging and sensible management of forest lands, which this country simply doesn't have at the moment.

rbryan
10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
The liberal media won't be happy until we put Hillary/Obama in charge. Theres a ticket for ya. What a sad state of affairs this country is in. Time to update the passport. I'm moving to Costa Rica if that happens.

Preacher
10-25-2007, 02:34 PM
What a joke....

The media likes to create a reality, then report on it. It reminds me of all the lies about what happened in the Superdome... all those "Deaths and Rapes" that, as it turns out, NEVER HAPPENED!

Six deaths, not ONE of them was homicide in the Superdome... Great job press... Now you know why no one believes you.

Indy_Steelers
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
This is good. Grasping at straws are we Miss Boxer and Mr. Reid? Every single report I have heard/read is very positive. I enjoyed watching Arnold completely shoot down that one 'reporter', if you can even call her that.

Y838vto6los

What a joke. Keep up the good work ABC. :coffee:

WOW! Good job Arnold!:thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
10-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Instead of having reasonably clear forests where you may lose 1,000 acres or two in the event of a wildfire, you wind up with massively overgrown tinderboxes and lose hundreds of thousands of acres. I don't advocate the clear-cutting of forests, but I do support some logging and sensible management of forest lands, which this country simply doesn't have at the moment.

Exactly. From what I understand. The laws that are stopping even sensible forest management are derived from the United Nations. Ostensibly, they want to protect things like the very valuable "Kangaroo Rat." The irony is they all probably fried to death because they are "protected" and are now probably extinct.

TroysBadDawg
10-26-2007, 08:14 AM
What is even worse is the logging that is taking place in the National Forest. The Raw timber is being shipped over seas to Japan, against U.S. law, but by the stroke of a pen Former Pres. Clinton made it possible. And it is the Japanese that are doing the logging, not Americans. I personally know two lumberjacks in Washington who have whitnessed it and told me they are protected by US Marshals no less. You don't hear about that on the news do you?
The one spent 9 months in jail for impeading federal business, when he was picketing the harvesting of the trees by the Japenese. He was arrested by the marshals and tried and convicted within three weeks. Spend 9 months in jail, and since it was less than some magic number he had to spend it in the local lock up. Not a federal one. I know it happened, I sent his family money twice to help them out.

revefsreleets
10-26-2007, 09:01 AM
While were at it, the new movie "Rendition" is a bashing of the US Govt by dramatizing the possibility that Americans could be kidnapped and tortured legally, something that hasn't occured. It was also signed as a presidentional directive in 1995. Guess who was in office in 1995? Anyway, this was, is a, and will remain the US position towards rendition and torture:

-The United States has respected—and will continue to respect—the sovereignty of other countries.

-The United States does not transport, and has not transported, detainees from one country to another for the purpose of interrogation under torture.

-The United States does not use the airspace or the airports of any country for the purpose of transporting a detainee to a country where he or she will be tortured.

-The United States has not transported anyone, and will not transport anyone, to a country when we believe he will be tortured. Where appropriate, the United States seeks assurances that transferred people will not be tortured.

TroysBadDawg
10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
While were at it, the new movie "Rendition" is a bashing of the US Govt by dramatizing the possibility that Americans could be kidnapped and tortured legally, something that hasn't occured. It was also signed as a presidentional directive in 1995. Guess who was in office in 1995? .

OOO OOO call on me I know oo ooo call on me please please, it was Slick Willie, Opps sorry........ Former President William Clinton
(the only convicted felon but pardoned President Carter) to be elected President.

(the womanizer)

HometownGal
10-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I stopped reading after I saw the names Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid. :coffee::yawn:

Barbara's last name should be changed to Rotweiler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-29-2007, 10:53 AM
I stopped reading after I saw the names Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid. :coffee::yawn:

Barbara's last name should be changed to Rotweiler.

Oh..didnt you know....Bush isnt responsible for the response..it wa the FIRE ITSELF!!!...He used those God-like powers that created Hurricane Katrina to start the fires because Bush hates rich white people.

Godfather
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
What a joke....

The media likes to create a reality, then report on it. It reminds me of all the lies about what happened in the Superdome... all those "Deaths and Rapes" that, as it turns out, NEVER HAPPENED!

Six deaths, not ONE of them was homicide in the Superdome... Great job press... Now you know why no one believes you.

Yep...plus 30 murders in the Convention Center, people shooting at National guard helicopters (Ed Bush, major general in the Louisiana National Guard, has stated that he doesn't know anything about people shooting at National Guard helicopters).

You have to wonder why the media isn't running with false reports like that in California.

Hines0wnz
11-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Is it any wonder Congress' approval rating is less than Bush's? No, it is no wonder at all. But will any of these bozos get bumped out of office? Most likely not and that is depressing.

Stlrs4Life
11-02-2007, 05:47 PM
The liberal media won't be happy until we put Hillary/Obama in charge. Theres a ticket for ya. What a sad state of affairs this country is in. Time to update the passport. I'm moving to Costa Rica if that happens.

Not a big Hillary supporter, but, couldn't be no worse than what Bush/Cheney have done in the past 7 years.

Preacher
11-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Not a big Hillary supporter, but, couldn't be no worse than what Bush/Cheney have done in the past 7 years.

Oh yeah it could!!

BTW... Do we have to bring anything if we want to pop by the official SF tailgate?

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I think it was either Krauthammer or Will that had a pretty interesting Op/Ed piece about Hillary lately about how she may not actually be a bad President. The gist is that someone that pliable and unwilling to take any position until pretty much everyone else has already chimed in may possibly be able to be manipulated into actually making sound decisions.

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, if she did that wouldn't she basically be getting info from both sides and then making a decision?

Stlrs4Life
11-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh yeah it could!!

BTW... Do we have to bring anything if we want to pop by the official SF tailgate?

No it couldn't. You Republicans can be in denial all you want, but Bush/Cheney has this country all torn to pieces, and going in the wrong direction. Like I said, maybe Hillary couldn't do much better, but definately not worse. After all, W will go down as the worst president in history.

Only thing you have to bring to the tailgate is, BYOB and some food to donate, or just make a monetary donation.

GBMelBlount
11-04-2007, 06:54 AM
After all, W will go down as the worst president in history.

I think Carter will give him a run for his money! Ha Ha!

Preacher
11-04-2007, 02:09 PM
No it couldn't. You Republicans can be in denial all you want, but Bush/Cheney has this country all torn to pieces, and going in the wrong direction. Like I said, maybe Hillary couldn't do much better, but definately not worse. After all, W will go down as the worst president in history.

Only thing you have to bring to the tailgate is, BYOB and some food to donate, or just make a monetary donation.

No worse then Clinton had the country torn about...

and in 7 years... we will be arguing the same thing about the next president...

and in 7 after that (provided there are full two term presidents), we will be arguing the same thing again....

Which is why I am starting to REALLY HATE politics.