PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Game against Chargers?

TasmanianTroy271
10-11-2005, 03:20 PM
I was gonna post a poll, but there are so many choices; The DL, the LBs, The front 7, Harrison, Polamalu, Roethlisberger, Bettis... the list goes on! What do you guys think?

Ladylinebacker#51
10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I say Ben. He played real well on monday.

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 03:47 PM
chasing down lt on that 40+ yd pass might have been the play of the game.

BB2W
10-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I agree, I say Ben also... when we really needed to get down the field he made it happen. He is a winner, and it showed Monday night. When we got the ball, I knew he would get it done. I think we will see a lot more comebacks led by him in the future.

Koopa
10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
i say hines ward he made the catches and got us up the field with his runs after the catch and put us in the postion to win the game

Avoid LLoyd1975
10-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Troy on defense and Ben on offense. Troy shut down everything in his path and Benjamin definately earned his paycheck in the clutch.

Ambridge
10-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Ben gets my vote for Steelers POW.

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Ben gets my vote. I think that's the best I've seen him play, especially after either losing yards and making them back up or making all the clutch throws he made..

A star in the rising!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitzburgh55
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Harrison wit that sick jump

slashsteel
10-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I dunno the Bus sure helped kick start our run game, which opened up the passing game. So I have to give him props as well.

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 05:09 PM
I dunno the Bus sure helped kick start our run game, which opened up the passing game. So I have to give him props as well.

I agree, I think it was a whole team effort, it just seemed like Ben took it to his next level last night!!

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 05:28 PM
For me its between Ben and the Bus. Ben lead us downfield and helped us win the game. The Bus opened up the running game for us and got us closer on the last drive.

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 07:37 PM
it was a total team effort and alot of people played like theyre on a mission. with that being said it looked like the bus provided alot of energy to the team. i think all his team mates would vote for him and you can tell he was missed. his numbers were on par w/ ladainians minus that big catch and run. pretty impressive for an old fat dudewho was "washed up" 2 years ago.

stand undefeated
10-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Quincy Morgan pissed me off at the end of the second quarter for dropping that wide open pass down the sideline for a potential FG.

But he made it up with a nice kickoff return to lead to the game winning field goal.

My vote is the Bus for some clutch 3-4 yards run at the end of the game.

TasmanianTroy271
10-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Yea, I figured just about everyone would have a different opinion. I think the team did well overall. Everyone clicked on center stage against a leading team. "Buckle under pressure" my foot! :blurp:

SteelerzGirl
10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
I feel it was a total team effort against a tough team on the road by the Men of Steel. They all played hard.

When the Chargers came onto the field, it was hard for me not to smirk at those powder blue uniforms. They were gawd awful ugly! :yuck: Yikes! How they thought they could come out onto their home field wearing those things against the Men of Steel is beyond my comprehension...(lol). The Chargers need a fashion consultant pronto!

Prosdo
10-11-2005, 11:14 PM
That play was pretty bad Stand. He should of had that. I think he would of had a huge play if he did.

SteelProven
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Ben is definitely the player of the game in my book. I'm just thinking about how lucky we are to have this kid. He's turning out to be something special. If BC doesn't try and turn our Steelers in to the Rams we might of never gotten our "future".

Rotorhead
10-12-2005, 03:08 AM
I think it was Troy, the way he shut down Gates, then eventually made Gates change his play style in the 4th was just something. I have the game recorded and watched it a couple times, in the 4th, Gates is breaking his patterns to avoid Troy, dropping catches looking for Troy. When you can do that to a star player on the opposing team you are making a difference.