PDA

View Full Version : Torre to Pirates?

Steeler in Carolina
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Could this happen? Maybe he wants to show he is a genius and do it in a place that is as far from New York as possible.

NJarhead
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Could this happen? Maybe he wants to show he is a genius and do it in a place that is as far from New York as possible.

Someone needs to put some money into that team and stop letting the rest of MLB use it as a farm team. Did you hear something about Torre going to Pitt?

Borski
10-25-2007, 10:24 PM
never will happen, but i would love it, i can see it now "A-Rod follows coach to Bucco's"

Steeler in Carolina
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
No, I have not heard anything like this, I just was wishing.

Jeremy
10-28-2007, 10:40 PM
John Farrell, pitching coach of the Boston Red Sox, could be hired as early as Wednesday if all goes well.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Torre would never come to this pathetic mess of an organization. Can you blame him? You have an owner who doesn't dish out the money and we pass up on high draft picks because we do not want to deal with the possibility of paying them the big bucks down the road.

Joe Torre would never come here. Much like how Nutting will never sell as long as he's making a profit.

Next.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2007, 01:43 AM
I think I have a better shot at becoming president of the US then Torre becoming the Buccos skipper....Were in the hell is Danny Murtaugh when we need him?...lol Even Danny couldn't help this current mess.....lol

Really fans just need to stop going to the games period......I'm talking like when the Indians use to only draw 1000 people some night back in the early 90s for really something to happen for the Nutting's to sell this team...I won't be critical if fans want to go though thats their right but thats what its going to take like 83 said until they don't make a profit then nothing will be done....

Jeremy
10-29-2007, 09:34 AM
I think I have a better shot at becoming president of the US then Torre becoming the Buccos skipper....Were in the hell is Danny Murtaugh when we need him?...lol Even Danny couldn't help this current mess.....lol

Really fans just need to stop going to the games period......I'm talking like when the Indians use to only draw 1000 people some night back in the early 90s for really something to happen for the Nutting's to sell this team...I won't be critical if fans want to go though thats their right but thats what its going to take like 83 said until they don't make a profit then nothing will be done....

If I want to go to a baseball game, I'll go to a damned baseball game! I'm sick and tired of people telling me what I should be doing to fix the Pirates. I like PNC Park and I like baseball. If I want to go to a ballgame, I'll go to a damned ballgame. Some of you have been away for too long and have lost your SWPa spirit.

Godfather
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Gay-rod would never come to the Pirates. He's too selfish and greedy...one reason he doesn't have a ring is because he eats up too much payroll and only the skankees can afford to put a team around him.

Plus Scott Boras would never allow one of his clients to go somewhere for less money. It would be nice if a superstar decided to sign with Pittsburgh for the league minimum, since he was set for life and wanted to prove himself by making a bad team good...but scumbag Boras would never allow it.

Borski
10-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Really fans just need to stop going to the games period......

That would just cause the pirates to eventually move to a new city.

Jeremy
10-29-2007, 07:42 PM
That would just cause the pirates to eventually move to a new city.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. And don't think it can't happen because PNC Park would be an awesome AAA stadium if it came to that. A fan is loyal even when their team sucks. If you want to stop going to games, stop. But don't preach to me that I need to stop going to. If I want to go a baseball game, I'll go to a damned baseball game!

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 08:16 PM
lol, it's not even worth it.

Anyways.......B&G, I hear ya.

Borski
10-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Ding ding ding! We have a winner. And don't think it can't happen because PNC Park would be an awesome AAA stadium if it came to that. A fan is loyal even when their team sucks. If you want to stop going to games, stop. But don't preach to me that I need to stop going to. If I want to go a baseball game, I'll go to a damned baseball game!

I live out of state, but if am in PA at least once a year, and when ever possible I try to attend a game, I was actuly able to see two last year. I don't care how bad they are, well I care, but that wont stop me from going to a game and support the team I love:cheers:

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Screw it.......

Who is telling anybody on here not to attend games? B&G stated "I won't be critical if fans want to go though thats their right". For those who want to go to games, GO FOR IT. Knock your socks off.

My God. Nobody is "telling" anybody to do anything.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2007, 08:35 PM

is pittsburgh as far as you can get from NY...:huh:....LOL

seriously though.....torres called 5 mill an insult, do you see the bucs offering anywhere even close to that? i think not....:coffee:

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 08:39 PM
is pittsburgh as far as you can get from NY...:huh:....LOL

seriously though.....torres called 5 mill an insult, do you see the bucs offering anywhere even close to that? i think not....:coffee:

Why do that when we can pay money to the Burnitz's and Hernandez's of the league?

Nice to know my tax dollars are going to that ball park with the promises of a better ball club. Be thankful you live out of state.

15 YEARS and counting................"WE WILL"

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Unlike the NFL, not only does our ownership suck, but the league itself is horribly managed. Those odds are not good for a franchise such as ours. If your team stinks in NFL as least you know you have a shot with the way the league is managed.....not the case with MLB.

New ownership and a cap in MLB will change my mind when it comes to that sport. Until then, enjoy much of what we have seen the last 15 years.

Borski
10-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Unlike the NFL, not only does our ownership suck, but the league itself is horribly managed. Those odds are not good for a franchise such as ours. If your team stinks in NFL as least you know you have a shot with the way the league is managed.....not the case with MLB.

New ownership and a cap in MLB will change my mind when it comes to that sport. Until then, enjoy much of what we have seen the last 15 years.

I agree with this completely, the MLB is a total joke until they instill a Salary Cap

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Why do that when we can pay money to the Burnitz's and Hernandez's of the league?

Nice to know my tax dollars are going to that ball park with the promises of a better ball club. Be thankful you live out of state.

15 YEARS and counting................"WE WILL"yeah....i feel waaaaaaaay better about my tax dollars funding the ratbirds...:wink02:

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
yeah....i feel waaaaaaaay better about my tax dollars funding the ratbirds...:wink02:

LOL.......:toofunny:

Well hell, if you happened (I stress "happened") to be a Raven fan, at least your getting an above .500 record from time to time.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
LOL.......:toofunny:

Well hell, if you happened (I stress "happened") to be a Raven fan, at least your getting an above .500 record from time to time.the ONLY thing i liked about the ravens , was it gave my father something to look forward to on sundays. the poor ole guy hadn't been the same on sundays since the colts snuck out of town. it was nice hearin him yellin at the TV again. plus it gave me more options when buying gifts. now that the old guy is gone, baltimore ,and the ratbirds, can KISS MY ASS !!!!

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
the ONLY thing i liked about the ravens , was it gave my father something to look forward to on sundays. the poor ole guy hadn't been the same on sundays since the colts snuck out of town. it was nice hearin him yellin at the TV again. plus it gave me more options when buying gifts. now that the old guy is gone, baltimore ,and the ratbirds, can KISS MY ASS !!!!

MOP, do you get all the Steeler games down there? I was about to say, that it also gives you the chance to see us at least twice a year. But I'm not sure you get all the games down there.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
MOP, do you get all the Steeler games down there? I was about to say, that it also gives you the chance to see us at least twice a year. But I'm not sure you get all the games down there.
oh hell yeah. the only ones we don't get are the 2 against nfc teams. ( 9ers, seahawks) we have a johnstown WTAJ station. when atlantic first took over from TCI they dropped that station. about 2 weeks of threats complaints, and losing customers to direct TV rectified the problem. we get the skins rats, and steelers every week.

83-Steelers-43
10-29-2007, 09:51 PM
oh hell yeah. the only ones we don't get are the 2 against nfc teams. ( 9ers, seahawks) we have a johnstown WTAJ station. when atlantic first took over from TCI they dropped that station. about 2 weeks of threats complaints, and losing customers to direct TV rectified the problem. we get the skins rats, and steelers every week.

Oh that's cool. Good to hear. :cheers:

Jeremy
10-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Screw it.......

Who is telling anybody on here not to attend games? B&G stated "I won't be critical if fans want to go though thats their right". For those who want to go to games, GO FOR IT. Knock your socks off.

My God. Nobody is "telling" anybody to do anything.

You can't say both! Either you want fans to stop going to game or you don't. Take a side and stick with it. This is getting as bad as Arizona fans.

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2007, 10:00 AM
You can't say both! Either you want fans to stop going to game or you don't. Take a side and stick with it. This is getting as bad as Arizona fans.

Personally, I stand on the side where if you want to go to a game, go for it. I really don't care what people do with their money. But at the same time, I do believe as long as Nutting is making a profit and people are attending, he has no reason to sell. Much like what B&G stated and much like what many are starting to do in this city.