PDA

View Full Version : Special Teams

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Good game on both sides of the ball, especially on Ben and Troys part. But somebody better light a fire under the special teams ass. They give up way too much yardage on punt and kickoff returns. It played a huge role in the loss against the Patsys and undoubtably will cost us throughout the season unless they step it up big time!

Koopa
10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
well our special teams those suck ass and might kill us in the end but it wasn't totally their fault that sproles was doing good he's been doing that to everybody, the thing i'm worried about is are 3rd defense damn they suck when it comes to stoping ppl, they need to get that shit fixed

SteelR1
10-11-2005, 04:56 PM
I get so damn aggrivated when we kick off, they catch the ball anywhere between the 8 and 16 yard line and run to the 40!!!

Why the hell doesn't Jeff Reed just kick the damn ball out of the endzone and make them start from the 20. Force them to take it 80 yards, EVERYTIME....

Now I know wind plays a factor, but I see way to much of this!!

Koopa
10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
with sproles if you can't kick it out of the endzone you might as well just kick it out of bounce cause he'll get you to the forthy anyway might as well just do that and not risk him getting a touchdown, thank god we don't have to see him the rest of the year

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-11-2005, 06:11 PM
I get so damn aggrivated when we kick off, they catch the ball anywhere between the 8 and 16 yard line and run to the 40!!!

Why the hell doesn't Jeff Reed just kick the damn ball out of the endzone and make them start from the 20. Force them to take it 80 yards, EVERYTIME....

Now I know wind plays a factor, but I see way to much of this!!
I dont think Reed has the leg strengh to kick it out of the endzone.

tony hipchest
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
I dont think Reed has the leg strengh to kick it out of the endzone.
thats it right there. the special teams did really well in the pre season and in the 1st 2 games. maybe that was just reflective of who and which back ups we were playing. several special teamers are now playing on offense or defense so that has an affect as well.