PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo Da Vinci's Last Supper

revefsreleets
10-28-2007, 03:40 PM
It's been completely restored. Since it's almost impossible to see it even in person, it has been posted online here.

http://www.haltadefinizione.com/en/cenacolo/index.asp

This will renew interest in the Da Vinci Code conspiracy, but it's interesting and informative far beyond that.

Preacher
10-28-2007, 09:03 PM
It's been completely restored. Since it's almost impossible to see it even in person, it has been posted online here.

http://www.haltadefinizione.com/en/cenacolo/index.asp

This will renew interest in the Da Vinci Code conspiracy, but it's interesting and informative far beyond that.

Doubt it. That has run its course. Anyone who cares about history has seen it for the fraud it is. Those who choose to believe it over history have made their decision.

BTW... For a much better book that deals with the same theme from the same perspective, read The Last Templar. The perspective of Christ and Mary is the same, but it is a better written book, and doesn't take half the silly liberties with history.

------- Thanks for the website itself.. that was pretty cool!!!

TroysBadDawg
10-29-2007, 11:29 PM
BTW... For a much better book that deals with the same theme from the same perspective, read The Last Templar. The perspective of Christ and Mary is the same, but it is a better written book, and doesn't take half the silly liberties with history.

------- Thanks for the website itself.. that was pretty cool!!!

Who is the author, I will get it from the library. Is it the one by Raymond Khoury?

tony hipchest
10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
this is great news. it was looking like a silhouette, and for many years it has been feared it would be lost for good.

during the cleaning of michaelangelo's sistine chapel they found fingerprints of the master embedded in the plaster, and horse hair bristles from his hand crafted paint brushes. cool stuff

michaelangelo lost one of his finest works due to what was poor plaster. ironically it was him and leonardo commissioned to decorate opposite walls in what was considered a "paint off" and subsequently ruined.

to see the "last supper" slowly deteriorate was a shame. anyone remember the "ripleys believe it or not" segment on it?

Preacher
10-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Who is the author, I will get it from the library. Is it the one by Raymond Khoury?

I don't remember right now. However, I remember that it was much better written. I will still take him to task for historical accuracies in dealing with Christ, but it is doesn't make the wide sweeping hilarious statements that DaVincy code does.

Khoury does some familiar for some reason.

TroysBadDawg
10-30-2007, 02:03 AM
I will get that one from the Library and go through it, nothing like a good read. Something besides Clive Cussler, and a few of the other I have been reading lately.