PDA

View Full Version : Next up the Ravens!

moedap
10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
The Ravens are always tough and next weeks game should be no different but they are a far cry from the team they were last year. A Thomas' departure hurt them a lot. Suggs isnt playing like he was and R. Lewis has lost a step. Ogden out or playing hurt. Mcnairs injuries have finally caught up with him. They arent the same period.

I hope the players use last year as motivation and continue to improve on their execution. If so I see this game being 17 - 9 Steelers.

FastWillieParker39
10-28-2007, 06:49 PM
ehh I'll put my game thoughts into this tommorrow. I'm just gonna enjoy this win today then tommorrow, RAVEN WEEK!!

alittlejazzbird
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
It's true the Ravens aren't the team they were before, but what concerns me most about playing them is the potential for injuries, They always seem to end up beating each other black and blue, regardless of who wins. You may recall that horrifying hit Ben took last year, which he still refers to as the hardest he's ever been hit.

Preacher
10-28-2007, 08:07 PM
THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Sorry, I am excited... it is the first NFL game I will have ever gone to! I have been waiting for this game for the last six plus months!!!

fansince'76
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Sorry, I am excited... it is the first NFL game I will have ever gone to! I have been waiting for this game for the last six plus months!!!

That's right - I forgot you were going to that game. Have a great time! :cheers:

Edman
10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
No doubt it will be a battle. Even if the Rats are nowhere near as good as they were last year.

Like I said, this will be one of those games that defines Tomlin as a coach and the 2007 Steelers as a team. You have a division rival who demolished you a year before coming to town on National TV in front of all the bright lights. I'm sure the players remember last year's beatdown.

It's redemption time for the Steelers. Beat the Craptimore Ratbirds.

Atlanta Dan
10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
THE GAME IS HERE!!!

Congrats - not a bad first NFL game experience - a Monday Night Ravens game + I believe the all-time team gets introduced in pre-game or at halftime - Heinz should be rocking :cheers:

Only downside is the throwback unis are making a return appearance:sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Very cool Preacher have a great time...I have only been to four Steelers games in my life...Two during the 1997 season when I lived in Pittsburgh for the year...My uncle had season tickets....then went to the Indy monday night in 2005 and then last year on Christmas Eve made my first trip to Heinz Field...Saw the Ravens destroy us but still had a great time...Its a great site when you see that stadium and field.....So have a great time and take lots of pics...I want to see them....

Haiku_Dirtt
10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
THE GAME IS HERE!!!

I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Heinz Field for the next two games too.

PRIMETIME BABY. I'm looking for 3-4 TD's in this game. 24-10

Preacher
10-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks all...

Didn't mean to make the thread about me... I am just so excited to go!!!

However, I will say I chose a great game!!!

I am not sure how it would get better then that!!! Oh yeah, they wear their REAL UNIFORMS!!

The Duke
10-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks all...

Didn't mean to make the thread about me... I am just so excited to go!!!

However, I will say I chose a great game!!!

I am not sure how it would get better then that!!! Oh yeah, they wear their REAL UNIFORMS!!

oh yeah, they're going to wear that uniform again....oh well, have a good time at the game Preach. Make a sign the says Preacher so that they film you and we can recognize you :cheers:

HometownGal
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I never take the Rats lightly - they always play us really tough. I have no doubt that the Steelers are the better team all the way around, but the Rats have a way of managing to sneak back in just when you think you've got 'em by the jewels. I'm hoping B-Mac is back for this one - the Steelers are going to need their most physical players in there next week.

Preacher
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I never take the Rats lightly - they always play us really tough. I have no doubt that the Steelers are the better team all the way around, but the Rats have a way of managing to sneak back in just when you think you've got 'em by the jewels. I'm hoping B-Mac is back for this one - the Steelers are going to need their most physical players in there next week.

Yeah.. I am already nervous about the game... Of course, I don't believe in "Luck" or superstition, but you know that if they lose when my wife and I are there, I will feel like she or I could NEVER go to another game!

We gotta win this one!

steelpride12
10-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Lets prove ourselves by actually winning a primetime game that the whole country will see. We can win this game we can even dominate it. we need to shut down that quick pass attack and their run game is a far cry from dangerous against us.

Our offense needs to play safe and no turnovers, that could kill us against a good D like the Ravens have. We need to pound the ball and the O-Line needs to play there best 2 games against the Ravens.

But hell right now all im thinking is WE WON TODAY! we beat our bengals Go Steelers Great Win!

Steel_Bus_24
10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
, I can't shake what they've done to us the past few years(especially Willie and our run game).

Freaking Anthony Wright nearly beat us two years ago, with far less weapons and a horribly banged up D that night.

That slob Rex Ryan has no respect for Ben and he'll have his D up on the line of scrimmage most of the night. Ben better have his hot reads ready, because he's not going to be able to scramble much if at all.

I believe the Steelers can match their intensity and win but you would be kidding yourself if you didn't think this will be a slug fest requiring the Steelers best effort

Preacher
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Just sounds painful!

GeneralRobinson
10-29-2007, 02:56 PM
A quick glance at Baltimore's losses tells me that they have had a tendency to beat themselves this year.

McNair throws a killer 4th quarter interception against Cincinnati that led to the game winning score.

Turnovers against Cleveland also led to first half points that put that game out of reach.

Against Buffalo, Baltimore's defense committed a lot of penalties that sustained drives.

Conversely, Pittsburgh must place a priority this week on discipline and eliminating turnovers. As much as the OL needs to protect well, there's a lot of talent on Baltimore's defense that they will get their sacks. Now that we have a punter that can switch field position, it's not a huge loss if we give up sacks. We just can't fumble or throw interceptions.

TackleMeBen
10-29-2007, 03:05 PM
i dont think the ravens are as good as they were last year. hopefully our oline can keep ben upright and not get him killed this time.

Preacher
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Last year, the Ravens were just a power in the reg. season. This year... not so much. I don't know if it is a lack of willpower, a lack of desire, or a lack of youth... but it just isn't the same team.

On top of that, they can't pick up our 3rd string QB this year! :wink02:

FastWillieParker39
10-29-2007, 03:20 PM
All right NOW I'll talk about the Ravens lol. I've watched the Ravens and there offense is just flat out bad. With the game being at home, I see the Steelers D playing big in this one. There D scares me though because if we can't block, then oh boy Ben will be running for his life and when that happens, turnovers happen.

Prediction?.....Steelers 20-Ravens 10

jjpro11
10-29-2007, 03:22 PM
damn.. they have us as 10 point favorites. i sure hope we dont take them lightly.. we should be out to crush them in every way, shape and form for what they did to us last year.

fansince'76
10-29-2007, 03:43 PM
There D scares me though because if we can't block, then oh boy Ben will be running for his life and when that happens, turnovers happen.

This is my biggest concern as well. We've had pass protection problems against everybody we've faced this year, and the Ravens' D is by far the best we will have gone up against. I am also remembering the 9-sack outing they had against us last year. Ben must get the ball out quickly.

moedap
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
The Ravens had better get their lockerroom in order.

Dino 6 Rings
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
The Ravens have always been good at playing against the steelers because of their tough run defense. This year, I expec the same. However, I also think that after last year's embarresments, the O-Line will do a much better job of protecting Ben on passing plays and that we will have a more sound game plan. Run and Pass for 1st downs, control the ball, keep their D on the field as long as possible with a few shots deep to Holmes (we seem to take those shots every game now) to keep the secondary out of the box and look for the big play. The biggest difference this year, will be Our Defense vs their Offense. No Lewis to worry about, that punk from Buffalo doesn't worry me as much as Lewis' hard running style did. Our D should get a couple sacks this year early, put their QB in a pressure situation and keep them running for their lives most of the game. I expect their punter to get a lot of work and expect us to win by 3 or more field goals. Maybe 26 - 17. Something Like that.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
IMO the blitz packages may return unless it is Cover 2 for the forseeable future - Cutler had the ability to escape and Palmer had the WRs that the Steelers decided to blanket with coverage.

McNair & Boller are not going to run away from anyone and the banged up TE is the biggest receiving threat. Turnovers will decide this street fight.