PDA

View Full Version : Ben over 10,000 yards passing

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
With the 230 yards Ben has passing today....He became the fifth QB in Steelers history to do so.....He will pass Bubby Brister next game for 4th all time on the Steelers passing yards list.....With his 2 TD passes Ben also tied Hall of Fame QB Bobby Layne for 4th all time on the Steelers passing TD list with 67......Of course the great Bobby Layne had most of his great years with the Detroit Lions....But still had some very good years with the Steelers late in his career.....

With 4 more TD passes Ben will be in 2nd place all time in Steelers history.....

Kordell Stewart-70
Neil O'Donnell-68

Trust me I know stats are over-rated but they're fun......

Kittyfish
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
I was looking through the SI 75 year anniversary edition, and saw the list of statistics at the end. I saw then that Ben was already pretty high on a couple of the lists, and knew he'd pass by Stewart and O'Donnell in touchdown passes this season. Not bad for a third year guy. He still has quite a ways to go to catch up to Bradshaw though!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I was looking through the SI 75 year anniversary edition, and saw the list of statistics at the end. I saw then that Ben was already pretty high on a couple of the lists, and knew he'd pass by Stewart and O'Donnell in touchdown passes this season. Not bad for a third year guy. He still has quite a ways to go to catch up to Bradshaw though!

Only half way into his fourth season and he is high on these lists...I know the Steelers don't have a storied QB history but still its impressive....Old Terry has 212 so yes Ben has a ways to go to get into his company....But by next year if Ben avoids serious injury he should become only the 2nd Steelers QB with 100 TD passes.......He is hitting 30 this year and that will be a Steelers first....

Bradshaw has the single season record with 28.....Hell Bradshaw holds the first 4 spots for TD passes in a single season for the Steelers...lol

fansince'76
10-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Hell Bradshaw holds the first 4 spots for TD passes in a single season for the Steelers...lol

QB hasn't been a position of strength for us, historically. :chuckle:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
QB hasn't been a position of strength for us, historically. :chuckle:

I know....:sofunny: I remember the Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak,Stewart,Graham and Maddox years...lol I'm only 28 so thats only how far I can go back...lol

NV STEELERS 723
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I know....:sofunny: I remember the Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak,Stewart,Graham and Maddox years...lol I'm only 28 so thats only how far I can go back...lol

Me too...but I also threw up watching Cliff Stoudt trying to play QB too....GAWD ,,did he suck!!!!!!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
With the 230 yards Ben has passing today....He became the fifth QB in Steelers history to do so.....He will pass Bubby Brister next game for 4th all time on the Steelers passing yards list.....With his 2 TD passes Ben also tied Hall of Fame QB Bobby Layne for 4th all time on the Steelers passing TD list with 67......Of course the great Bobby Layne had most of his great years with the Detroit Lions....But still had some very good years with the Steelers late in his career.....

With 4 more TD passes Ben will be in 2nd place all time in Steelers history.....

Kordell Stewart-70
Neil O'Donnell-68

Trust me I know stats are over-rated but they're fun......

Whoa! Thanks for that. I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Heinz Field for the Ravens and the Browns. Lucky timing.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Whoa! Thanks for that. I'm making my annual pilgrimage to Heinz Field for the Ravens and the Browns. Lucky timing.

No problem man....Very cool about going to the games...Enjoy the games and you will see Ben move into second place alltime on the Steelers passing TDs list....Would be cool if he did against the Ratbirds and just lit them up...lol But I have a feeling he has 2 against the Ravens and another 4 on the Browns...lol

HometownGal
10-28-2007, 09:37 PM

Hey - leave the Bubster alone, ya hear? :wink02::smile:

Other than Kordumbell, we've never really had a QB who could move and groove effectively until the Steelers drafted Ben.

I wish he and Arians would do away with that freakin' shuffle pass, though. That always scares the shart out of me.

Preacher
10-28-2007, 09:40 PM

Other than Kordumbell, we've never really had a QB who could move and groove effectively until the Steelers drafted Ben.

I wish he and Arians would do away with that freakin' shuffle pass, though. That always scares the shart out of me.:sofunny::sofunny:

If the shuffle pass freaks ya out...

How did that Flea flicker make you feel today? :jawdrop: That was just scary!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-28-2007, 10:17 PM

I wish he and Arians would do away with that freakin' shuffle pass, though. That always scares the shart out of me.

I still have my Bubby Brister starting lineup action figure...lol......At one time Bubby was one of my favorites..lol

Welcome To Smashmouth
10-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Congrats Ben!

I'd say its safe to say he's already #2 All-time Steeler QB and he has only gotten started my friends....he's going to give us all a show of excellence as time goes on....we all smell it!

Preacher
10-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Congrats Ben!

I'd say its safe to say he's already #2 All-time Steeler QB and he has only gotten started my friends....he's going to give us all a show of excellence as time goes on....we all smell it!

Thats a tough road to hoe... excellence in Pittsburgh is 4 rings!

Black@Gold Forever32
10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Thats a tough road to hoe... excellence in Pittsburgh is 4 rings!

Well Ben already has one so only three to go.....If he does indeed resign with the Steelers and if he does break all of Terry's records and if he wins 1 or 2 more Super Bowls then he would have made a case for greatest QB in Steelers history...Alot of What Ifs in that but I hope it happens.....:thumbsup:

Preacher
10-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Well Ben already has one so only three to go.....If he does indeed resign with the Steelers and if he does break all of Terry's records and if he wins 1 or 2 more Super Bowls then he would have made a case for greatest QB in Steelers history...Alot of What Ifs in that but I hope it happens.....:thumbsup:

We can always dream!!

Galax Steeler
10-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Realisticly it could happen if we can hold together our young players and build on it then it is in reach.