PDA

View Full Version : BRADY'S KNEES

rksteeler
10-29-2007, 09:31 AM
How long do you think it's going to take before people start going after Brady's knees?Just wondering after that no class whooping the Pats put on the Redskins. :tt02:

HometownGal
10-29-2007, 09:36 AM
How long do you think it's going to take before people start going after Brady's knees?Just wondering after that no class whooping the Pats put on the Redskins. :tt02:

Personally, I think they should go after that "injured shoulder" he's had for the past 2 seasons. Belicheat has put him on the injury report every week now for TWO YEARS. :jawdrop:

fansince'76
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
I don't condone cheap-shotting players' knees, but if it happens, especially if it happens as they are again needlessly running up the score, I'm not going to feel bad about it either. :coffee:

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2007, 09:54 AM
The code says players will not intentionally injure other players, but based on what I read in The Washington Post this morning the Redskins are seething about Belicheat's latest 4th and 1 stunt.

Pats Score Often in 52-7 Rout, But Did They Cross the Line?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/28/AR2007102801741.html

BlastFurnace
10-29-2007, 03:11 PM
The Patriots will not win the Super Bowl this year....mark it down.

I also predict that they are going to piss someone off enough where someone will go after him or Moss.

Preacher
10-29-2007, 04:16 PM
The Patriots will not win the Super Bowl this year....mark it down.

I also predict that they are going to piss someone off enough where someone will go after him or Moss.

Personally...

I want to see Anthony Smith on a CLEAN HIT across the middle... just lay him out for the rest of the game... put some fear in him. Make him sore for about the next 8 months.

TackleMeBen
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
not that i want to see anyone get hurt.. but someone please take the sperminator out. and for good measure throw him into bellichik too

onthebus36
10-29-2007, 04:22 PM
When you do the stuff they do, somebody is going to lay him out. Especially if he keeps running with the ball.

Somebody is going to say, "I've had enough" and blitz every down and hit your pretty-boy QB every play. I'm bringing 11 guys and I'm going to hit you even if it's late.

The Duke
10-29-2007, 04:25 PM
Personally...

I want to see Anthony Smith on a CLEAN HIT across the middle... just lay him out for the rest of the game... put some fear in him. Make him sore for about the next 8 months.

:thumbsup:

That sound fun

But seriously, someone might do it and the pats better be careful with what they're doing, some player out there won't care about the rules and seriously hurt Brady or Moss....heck, I could see a player going out of bounds a laying a punishing hit on Belicheat. never gonna happen, but all I gotta say is, Be careful Pats....

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2007, 05:06 PM
The Pats' arrogance is starting to generate a critical mass of hatred from unexpected sources.

This from Michael Wilbon's online Chat House today:

Tom Brady's Knee: I can understand Bill Belichick's desire to crush every team in the NFL, but why keep your franchise QB in there to do it? One cheap shot helmet to the knee and it's goodbye Super Bowl unless Cassell suddenly gets good.

Michael Wilbon: You're absolutely right. And if I was on the opposing team, I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fangs for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks. :sofunny:

and then Wilbon pours it on:

Stevensville, Md.: What are your thoughts about running up the score? In my opinion it's a teams job to put up points, not save their opponent from embarrassment. The Redskins' players are cashing million dollar paychecks just like the Patriots', so they have no one to blame but themselves for the blowout.

Michael Wilbon: Your thought is my thought. You want somebody not to run it up...don't let 'em. On the other hand, Belichick is a cheat and during games behaves with little class... If I was on the other side my goal would have been for Brady to be helped off the field, by whatever means necessary.

and there is more:

Arlington, Va.: Let me get this straight - you're suggesting blatantly trying to injure a player on the opposing team for no good reason other than you can't compete head-to-head. What kind of message are you trying to send?

Michael Wilbon: I'm saying football is a violent game and I believe in an eye for an eye. You think Sam Huff wouldn't have taken out Brady yesterday? And when I say "take out" I don't mean go for his knees; I mean a clean shot with every once of force one can summon...right in the strike zone. You think Butkus and LT and Bednarik would have stood for that stuff? No way. No chance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/10/24/DI2007102402052.html

Pretty harsh words from a very respected member of the sports media

Borski
10-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Personally...

To bad theres no such thing as a clean hit against the Pats...
It could be squeaky clean and he might receive a fine for it.

Mosca
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Never, ever forget that karma extends beyond the field, and beyond the season. The guy might win this battle, and he might win EVERY football battle from now until he retires. But karma is a bitch.

So many people think in the here and now, and in the immediate future. But the typical karma payback is when someone is old, and wizened, and needs help, and the only friends they have are their coins.

That has been true forever, and it is true today. things are great for Belicheck now. Wait til he's 80 years old and alone with his money. Karma is a bitch. A ruthless bitch.

touchdownward
10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
I foresee a Goldberg spear to the breadbasket.
:kick:
YOU'RE NEXT?

PAMillerGrrl83
10-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Not going off topic or anything but I noticed someone said "pretty boy" well I pesonally think that @$$ chins are pretty ugly and all in all Tom Brady is ugly. Back on topic tho can someone just shoot him and Moss and be done with it?

Haiku_Dirtt
10-30-2007, 12:25 AM
The Pats' arrogance is starting to generate a critical mass of hatred from unexpected sources.

You think Butkus and LT and Bednarik would have stood for that stuff? No way. No chance. [/I]

The wake-up call has been ringing for several weeks now. Finally they're getting tired of hitting the snooze.

The critical mass seemed to be locked into some kind of apathetic mode which lacks the sense of urgency required in that profession. And for some reason the true colors of the Patriots leadership weren't bright enough to send the message with VideoGate.

Are they stoopid? Now they are bitching loudly about the Patriots behavior? The bloodthirsty Bill "the Conqueror" has been banking on the fact that no one wants to be the one to dismember the New England Playgirl Centerfold.

The rebels best change their ways. Or try not to look into the mirror.

SteelersMongol
10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
I didn't know that GoatBoy was acting classless like his HC Belliecheat. Then anyone would say he deserved it IF he gets hit.

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2007, 08:27 AM
I saw the Wilbon bit too adn thoguht it was great. I figure when your down 40 something to 3, you ought to just put 11 men on the line of scrimmage and blitz everydown till they pull Brady. That would be saying "I've had enough of your shit, Mr. Billcheat"

Wilbon follows up with his Washington Post column today as to when he believes Belicheat will pay the price for this crap

Sorry, but I can't imagine Sam Huff not tattooing Brady before he finally left the field. Football isn't golf. Maybe I'm longing too much for the good old days of Butkus and Nitschke, Night Train Lane, the Raiders of Lyle Alzado, the Steelers of any era, even now, players who snorted and pointed at the quarterback and made him fear for his own safety. Let's see if Belichick takes the same risks with Brady against the Steelers (Dec. 9) and Ravens (Dec. 3). Neither of those teams is half as good as New England right now, but there's a personality about both, an identity, that suggests there's a line in the turf where football ends and team pride begins.

:thumbsup:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/29/AR2007102902167.html

Jman
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Personally, I think they should go after that "injured shoulder" he's had for the past 2 seasons. Belicheat has put him on the injury report every week now for TWO YEARS. :jawdrop:

Hahaha that's true!! I believe he is always down as Probable.

You know, I'm glad someone got another Patriots thread going, because that truly was absolutely classless on Sunday. The Redskins? Come on...Ridiculous.

We'll see what Dwight does this Sunday...

And NO!! It's NOT Super Bowl 41 1/2... ESPN - another stupid comment...

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-30-2007, 09:58 AM
not that i want to see anyone get hurt.. but someone please take the sperminator out. and for good measure throw him into bellichik too

ooooooooooh....what I wouldnt give to see someone "miss" on a sideline tackle and knock that arrogant smirk off Belicheats face.....I'm willing to bet the coach would cry like a 2nd grader lost in Walmart.

TackleMeBen
10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
ooooooooooh....what I wouldnt give to see someone "miss" on a sideline tackle and knock that arrogant smirk off Belicheats face.....I'm willing to bet the coach would cry like a 2nd grader lost in Walmart.

heck i would even volunteer to pay the fine for anyone that would take those two out..lol... just wait until the sperminator meets us.... in secret code i would be telling my defense to whatever it takes to take him out. then pray that our oline could protect our qb ..lol

LadyVader
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
EVERYONE is talking about them running up the score and the possibility that someone will take out Brady, especially since Bellacheat keeps him in late into the fourth quarter. Its bound to happen and it was OUTRAGEOUS for Bellechick to do this against a hall of fame coach like Coach Gibbs.

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Since it is now to the point a Redskins player went up to Belicheat after the game and told Hoodie that he was disrespecting the game, that day may not be too far off.

I agree with those who say whining about it after the game is not the proper response - deal with it one way or another on the field.

tony hipchest
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Since it is now to the point a Redskins player went up to Belicheat after the game and told Hoodie that he was disrespecting the game, that day may not be too far off.

I agree with those who say whining about it after the game is not the proper response - deal with it one way or another on the field.randall godfrey (who was a charger last year) has several encounters of the classless pats to draw from.

there are rules in sports, unwritten rules, and codes. its obvious belichick doesnt give much thought or concern to this.

all sports have checks and balances and ways to deal with people such as him.

if it were baseball, belichick could be expecting a bean ball (or some chin music at the very least).

if it were hockey, the gloves would be off at the drop of the puck.

if brady were playing basketball and constantly driving the lane for lay up after lay up, you can bet a bench player would be sent in for a hard foul, and brady would be getting help up off the court.

sometimes its a legitimate strategy to take a foul, just to send a message. i have no problem if some team wants to send that message. taking brady out of the game is a formidable gameplan and one that belicheat isnt above. after all, rodney harrison was told to put marvin harrison out of the game last year vs. the colts.

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2007, 02:29 PM
"I didn't see anyone waiving a white flag out there" - Chuck Noll

Personally, I have no problem with the Patriots running up the score from a fans point of view.

At the same time, I'm not sure it's a smart decision by Belicheat only because he's heightening the chances of getting his QB hurt. Your up 38-0 in the 4th, why bother taking the chance? Not smart in my opinion. Then again, I'm not a HC in the NFL nor do I have three Super Bowl rings.

Atlanta Dan
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Ed.B. from the P-G has this take:

I think Coach Unabomber is trying to show everyone that he can coach without cheating. Perhaps he should have tried that from the first day he became a head coach, and there would be no question; but then, he might have won fewer Super Bowls. No, I don't think anyone will take a cheap shot at Brady because of Belicheat's actions. Myself, I don't have a problem with what he's doing. This isn't midget football, it's pro football and if you want to stop him from running up the score, then stop them.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/questions/

Props to Ed.B. for creative use of Belicheat & Coach Unabomber in the same post.

OneForTheToe
10-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice article ... and I agree this is professional football. I want to see somebody hand it to the Pats, but this run up the score bellyaching is ridiculous. If you are embarrassed by the score do something about it.

As for going after Brady's knees, I can't condone that. Even if Vick is let back into the league, I wouldn't condone taking a shot at his knees. No player should have his career put in jeopardy even if they are "running up the score."

Having said all that, if the Pats are going to play hard to the, I have no problem with the other team doing the same. There is a difference between taking a "cheap-shot" at a qb's leg and trying to hit him hard, but legally, on every play. In other words, if I am the next down by 30 to the Pats and they are still in spread formation, I am blitzing on every down regardless of the consequences of one-on-one coverage. Of course if you could get to Brady in the first place you probably wouldn?t be down by 30, but you get the point

All is fair in love, war and football. What is good for goose is good for the gander. Do unto other what before they do unto you ..er something like that.

83-Steelers-43
10-30-2007, 08:38 PM
This isn't midget football, it's pro football and if you want to stop him from running up the score, then stop them.

Well said. Nice piece of advice for December 9.

louisvillecards
10-30-2007, 09:45 PM
I dont see a problem with what they are doing.But having said that they are classless punks they pout like babies when they lose.walking off the field refusing to shake hands.Throwing headsets on the ground .I hope the colts bury their a$$. We took out cheap shot artist Rodney Harrison we are just the team to knock the wind out of Brady.:crutches:

klick81
10-31-2007, 01:28 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing either one of these two a-holes in casts on the sideline.

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Thank you Joe Starkey.....

Belichick lacking judgment, not etiquette
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's hard to believe running up the score has become an issue in the NFL -- the "ultimate parity league," as Steelers coach Mike Tomlin likes to say.

It has, because the New England Patriots are really good and because their coach, Bill Belichick, obviously is determined to lay waste to everyone in his path in the wake of "SpyGate."

Having a former employee (Jets coach Eric Mangini) blow the whistle on his signal-stealing was one thing. I'm betting it burned Belichick far worse that so many of the Patriots' victims -- Hines Ward included -- wondered aloud if New England had cheated its way past them in championship games.

So, Belichick has embarked on a vengeance tour that makes Clint Eastwood's in "The Outlaw Josey Wales" look tame.

The complaints began when Belichick refused to call off the dogs in blowout wins over Miami and Dallas, although those games were close enough to leave some doubt as to his intentions.

Not so in Sunday's 52-7 victory over Washington. Belichick kept quarterback Tom Brady on the field for an 88-yard drive early in the fourth quarter with a 38-0 lead. Brady hit Randy Moss with a 35-yard pass on the drive, and the Patriots went for it on 4th-and-1 at the Redskins' 7.

Leading, 45-0, the Patriots went for it on 4th-and-2 from the Washington 37, with backup Matt Cassel completing a 21-yard pass.

Soon, it was 52-0, prompting cries that Belichick had violated coaching etiquette by running up the score -- and running it up against the legendary Joe Gibbs, no less.

Please.

This is the NFL. They're all big boys. They all drive nice cars.

Tomlin was asked Tuesday about the Patriots' situation and whether there are such things as running up the score and coaching etiquette in the NFL.

"I don't subscribe to that," he said. "You know, it's not their job to keep the score down. It's their opponent's job. I know if somebody's running the score up on us, I'd be concerned about what it is we're doing, not necessarily what it is they're doing. We're all competitors, and I understand that feelings get hurt. But the reality is, we're here to compete.

"Their offense takes the field with a job to do, and that's to score. They're not going to ask them not to score."

Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt was part of the Miami Dolphins' staff in 1999, when Jacksonville beat the Dolphins, 62-7, in the playoffs in Dan Marino's final game.

Did Jacksonville try to embarrass the Dolphins and coach Jimmy Johnson?

"No," Wannstedt said. "Jimmy probably said, 'If we don't turn it over (multiple) times and play a little better on defense, it wouldn't be 60.' "

Don't blame Belichick for a perceived lack of etiquette.

It's sound judgment he is lacking. He is taking a foolish risk by keeping Brady on the field and calling pass plays in such situations.

What's the purpose? To feed the coach's ego?

Nobody should be surprised if a humiliated opponent, on the bad end of a blowout score, were to take a late shot at the Patriots' franchise quarterback.

Belichick would have only himself to blame.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_535382.html

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
In a CBS conference call hyping Pats-Colts, Cowher is quoted as saying Belicheat is playing with fire

On a CBS conference call with reporters yesterday, Cowher noted the Patriots could be playing a dangerous game.

“It’s risk and reward,” he said. “How long do you want your starters to play? You want to be careful. At some point if this continues, someone’s going to take a cheap shot. Is that worth subjecting your players to if it comes to that?

“You can say it’s playing football, but those are the decisions you have to make.”

The highest profile target is Brady, who was not lifted until the Pats led 45-0 Sunday.

“I see a football team playing with a tremendous sense of purpose,” Cowher said. “I’m not sure they’re even looking at the scoreboard. The fact that they have the premier player in the game with the margins being what they are, that’s Bill’s (Belichick) prerogative. The risk he’s weighing is that guys could get hurt in those situations. That’s his decision as a coach and he has a right to do it.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1041584

Dr.Z. observes that while no coach wants to admit it, coaches are seething when they think someone is running it up on them (nice that the example Z uses is when Gibbs (who is no angel) was accused of running it up:

All the coaches have formed a solid blue line of defense for Bill Belichick's going deep with 38 points on the board against the Redskins, for piling on more scores until the count reached 52. They sound like the police department when one of their own is called to task. Hey, that's just football. You run your offense. You take care of your own team. You want to prevent it, then stop them. Blah blah blah.

It's all lies, of course. They hate it when it's done to them and they never forget. But to whine about it, to go public, uh uh. It shows weakness. It's un-American. Your players might start to wonder. ...

Leave your starters in. Score as many as you can. Sure, it's good, sound football. Until it backfires.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dr_z/10/30/running.up/index.html?eref=T1

klick81
10-31-2007, 06:05 PM
And i do hope it backfires. Big time.

fansince'76
10-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Leave your starters in. Score as many as you can. Sure, it's good, sound football.

So is a shoulder pad to the ribs at full speed from the blind side.

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2007, 06:30 PM
So is a shoulder pad to the ribs at full speed from the blind side.

IMO Dr. Z. agrees with that

TackleMeBen
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
do you really think bellicheat cares, as long as he keeps winning games.

Borski
11-01-2007, 01:09 PM
This is the first time I wouldn't mind if someone took him out, I don't normally condone when a player intentionally takes other players out, but with Brady, I don't mind....

NastyLloyd95
11-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Karma is a bitch. The fake snap and the 4and 1 up by 31 was totally uncalled for.

augustashark
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
What goes around, comes around!

The first chance a team has to run up the score against NE, you bet your ass that they will do it. This will not be forgotten by the other 31 teams.

fansince'76
11-01-2007, 04:12 PM
What goes around, comes around!

The first chance a team has to run up the score against NE, you bet your ass that they will do it. This will not be forgotten by the other 31 teams.

:iagree: Yep. May not happen this year, but it will NOT be forgotten, and it will happen.

alittlejazzbird
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Personally...

That was my first thought when I heard Cowher's comments - please, football gods, let it be Anthony Smith or James Harrison! Either one of them is just crazed enough to make it a real possibility. I wouldn't mind seeing him knocked out, cleanly and legally of course, for a good long time. I'd enjoy seeing how well the Matt Cassel-led Patriots finish the season.

Thank goodness it's almost Sunday, and we can finally hear the end of the Best Game Ever hype. I'm sick to death of it.

The Duke
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Thank goodness it's almost Sunday, and we can finally hear the end of the Best Game Ever hype. I'm sick to death of it.

believe me, you will still hear about it next week....

alittlejazzbird
11-01-2007, 04:51 PM
believe me, you will still hear about it next week....

Hopefully not so much if the Patriots lose. But you're probably right, everyone will spend all of next week dissecting ad nauseam the Best Game Ever, and if the Patriots win, writing about how the rest of the season might as well be canceled and the Lombardi trophy handed to them right now.

Steelman16
11-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Yeah, but if the Colts win I'll be more than happy to hear about it all next week! Go Colts!!!

Definately agree with you there. I've always been a Yahoo person (don't ask) but they're driving me nuts with the 2+ articles a day about the Pats-Colts since Monday. (I assume it'll keep going till next Thursday or something)

Another thing is that everyone's picking the Pats by quite a few, but does anybody realize that the Colts have the #1 Pass Defence in the league right now? ( FYI: I picked the Colts in my Pick 'Em league.)

revefsreleets
11-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Just read in the paper that the game won't even be locally televised in Cleveland. But I'm protesting the hype anyway. Hope it's a nice day so I can enjoy a walk in the park and look at the fall colors.

BOXCAR JOEY
11-02-2007, 09:44 AM
honestly I hope the pats beat the colts into submission like they did to the skinz. As much as I dislike both teams I truly dislike the colts more than the pats. I dont know why. must be a chemical imbalance.

fansince'76
11-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Just read in the paper that the game won't even be locally televised in Cleveland. But I'm protesting the hype anyway. Hope it's a nice day so I can enjoy a walk in the park and look at the fall colors.

I feel the same way - I'm so sick of hearing about it, I don't even want to watch it at this point. The mountains have gotten some snow here in the Denver area, so I may try to go skiing instead. The game I care about isn't on until Monday night anyway.

jjpro11
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Well, one thing's for certain this weekend. The cheap shot to Brady's knees won't happen this weekend from a Tony Dungy coached team. That's the only reason worth tuning into a Pats game anymore. IMO.

actually their dline coach i believe it is, has a history of dirty tactics. so you never know.

Borski
11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
honestly I hope the pats beat the colts into submission like they did to the skinz. As much as I dislike both teams I truly dislike the colts more than the pats. I dont know why. must be a chemical imbalance.

Yeah, well I just hope the pats win so that we will get a shot at knocking off an undefeated team :tt02:

Crushzilla
11-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, well I just hope the pats win so that we will get a shot at knocking off an undefeated team :tt02:

While I love to see this happen, I just can't agree with this in this scenario.

A playoff bye is going to be very improbable this season, but I suppose since we aren't playing the Colts this season any loss is encouraged.

I do hope the Patriots get rocked, though.

Why should I have beef with the Colts? Because they have been absurdly efficient on offense over the past few years?

Every single Sunday you better believe I'm rooting for ANYONE, ANYONE playing the Evil Empire.

HometownGal
11-02-2007, 05:18 PM
This thread is still alive? Geez, you guys must like Ass Chin's knees or somethin. :wink02:

stlrtruck
11-03-2007, 11:30 AM
While it may be a Dungy coached team, he can't control 100% of the emotion on the field. You never know what a player will do if the emotion gets a hold of him. He may find himself getting hit a few seconds late and his receivers could possibly get that jaw jarring out of bounds hit.

The players may think it is worth the 15 yard penalty and the huge fine that will come with it.

Rinkleroot
11-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I used to like Brady but after watching him up 45-0 complaining to the refs over an offensive pi penalty that wasn't called on the Skins I really can't stand this jerk any longer. Its just a matter of time before someone knocks Brady's head off and I'll be rooting for whoever Nails him!

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I used to like Brady but after watching him up 45-0 complaining to the refs over an offensive pi penalty that wasn't called on the Skins I really can't stand this jerk any longer. Its just a matter of time before someone knocks Brady's head off and I'll be rooting for whoever Nails him!

I could never stand him. Did you catch his interview with Marino earlier today, where he was attempting to justify their running up the score? "Well, nobody ever asks a defense that is shutting down an opposing offense to 'call off the dogs' and let them get some yards and first downs." What a ridiculous argument, considering the entire goddamn rule book is written in the offense's favor to begin with. I hope Freeney rocks his world today.

Preacher
11-04-2007, 03:14 PM
GO COLTS..

If the Pats lose... and if we also beat the Pats... and win teh rest of our games... we will actually have a bye week. They won't.