PDA

View Full Version : No Respect

steveironcity
10-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Look what team is in the top 5 in 5 of 6 team catagories, Where is the respect?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

GeneralRobinson
10-29-2007, 02:47 PM
In the words of Coach Tomlin:

We're not concerned about the stats, we're trying to win football games

oldschool
10-29-2007, 02:50 PM
Looks good! Stay under the radar, start to peek just prior to the playoffs. Respect will come later. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

STEELtownHAVOX
10-29-2007, 02:58 PM
that's the way i like to see it. unknown and ready to prevail when it truly counts aka, 2005 steelers

steveironcity
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
that's the way i like to see it. unknown and ready to prevail when it truly counts aka, 2005 steelers

I actually like it low key also, im actually tired of our talented players getting no respect. Willie is like 5th in rushing, having a pro bowl year, and i bet half of nfl fans dont even know who he is.

TackleMeBen
10-29-2007, 03:07 PM
i dont mind not getting respect. let the media love all over the colts and pats. and we will see at the end of the year who is standing with the lombardi trophy :tt02:

alittlejazzbird
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
We weren't getting any respect at 7-5 during the 2005 season, either. I agree with the "happy to be under the radar" posters. There are nine more games to be played, and an awful lot can happen in those nine weeks. I'm looking forward to watching it play out.

GeneralRobinson
10-29-2007, 03:25 PM
I actually like it low key also, im actually tired of our talented players getting no respect. Willie is like 5th in rushing, having a pro bowl year, and i bet half of nfl fans dont even know who he is.

Actually, Wille is leading the league in rushing with 726 yards (barring a 178 yard performance by Travis Henry tonight). Ok I lied. I am selectively concerned about stats, but I'm a fan so I can do that. :grin:

The Duke
10-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I like stats too, but gotta agree with coach Tomlin, if it ain't winning us football games they don't matter. last year we had most of those stats in the top 10 but we also were high on one stat that hurt us, the turnover stat, and thankfully were low in that one this year, what is it like just 9 turnovers in 7 games, I like it

GeneralRobinson
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Oops. Adrian Peterson has 14 more yards than Willie so he's second in the league. Sorry.

HometownGal
10-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Stats schmats. The Bungles are #5 in the YPG passing Top 5 with a 2-5 record. Their high-powered passing offense has gotten them zilch, zip, nada, as the rest of their units SUCK.

The Steelers respect each other and that is the most important stat of all. :thumbsup:

Preacher
10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Stats schmats. The Bungles are #5 in the YPG passing Top 5 with a 2-5 record. Their high-powered passing offense has gotten them zilch, zip, nada, as the rest of their units SUCK.

The Steelers respect each other and that is the most important stat of all. :thumbsup:

absolutely....

But I wonder... since we are in 5 of those 6 stat categories... maybe the stats do tell the story of why we are 5-2?

It also may tell the story that if we didn't have a couple bone-head games, we should be 7-0 right now.

tony hipchest
10-29-2007, 05:42 PM
teams who can easilly bitchslap the cardinals and broncos are the teams that are gonna get "respect".

the steelers have gotten the best effort from san fransisco, the cardinals, the seahawks, denver and now the bungles. we will get the ravens best effort of the season next week. our opponents are showing us respect and thats about all that matters.

to put it all in perspective, we are tied with the detroit lions.

slippy
10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
let the pats-colts chew up the scenery. we will win our division and see them in the playoffs.

as we all know from experience it's not the best team that wins, but the team that plays the best on that day.

BTW jazzbird, i was talking draft after the 5th loss at 7-5 in the SB year. i also gave them a 5% chance to win @INDY in 2005. god, was i wrong or what.

slippy
10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
tied with the lions? they're in the dismal NFC. the leagues are too lopsided to compare this year.

BTW, lions are going to the playoffs.....

Preacher
10-29-2007, 06:27 PM
teams who can easilly bitchslap the cardinals and broncos are the teams that are gonna get "respect".

the steelers have gotten the best effort from san fransisco, the cardinals, the seahawks, denver and now the bungles. we will get the ravens best effort of the season next week. our opponents are showing us respect and thats about all that matters.

That's just ugly!

Stlrs4Life
10-29-2007, 07:51 PM

Exactly. I don't care if they give us respect as long as we are winning.

steelpride12
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
gotta love being that underdog!

klick81
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Yep, i'll agree here. Keep it quiet, without the media hype. And when playoff's come, BAM!!! Where'd these guys come from???

revefsreleets
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Blah! Stats, shmats. If you look at stats, Denver was top 5 in a couple categories, and they are STILL a few lucky plays from being 0-7. They are a bad football team, and we lost to them.

Galax Steeler
11-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Look what we did two years ago as underdogs superbowl baby.

Boomerang
11-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Being underdog suits me fine,our opponents will respact us when we play them thats enough.:tt02:

Aussie_steeler
11-01-2007, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=tony hipchest;313892

the steelers have gotten the best effort from san fransisco, the cardinals, the seahawks, denver and now the bungles. we will get the ravens best effort of the season next week. our opponents are showing us respect and thats about all that matters.QUOTE]

I agree totally with Tony. We are getting respect where it counts, from the opposition. No one looks past the steelers. I dont think one team would ever consider a game against the steelers as a guaranteed win.

The stats are pretty awesome though. A good sign of a well balanced team.