PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of the damn Patriots ?

Terrible_Tom
01-04-2005, 07:26 PM
We beat them already, Miami beat them, and they're are still picked to be in the Super Bowl by ESPN. Is it just me or does the national media not like the Steelers. ???

CowherLover
01-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Better not go to CBSMessageBoard, I had to quit going there because the NE fans are pretty raunchy, not to say some of the Steeler fans were much better. Yeah, I am WAY over it! Just gotta keep winning and everything else will fall into place. Could be worse, it could be the Ravens. It was awfully sweet to knock them down a peg.

SteelersFever
01-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Nobody respects the Steelers but Steelers fans. That's a cold hard fact. Must be from all the beatings and emotional distress we inflicted on everyone. It's just going to make it a lot more sweeter when we finally get one for the thumb.

ironcitychef
01-04-2005, 11:01 PM
I love the fact the Pats are picked to go. Nothing better to fire up Joey Porter than the theory of going 15-1 and being an underdog at home.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Ty Law is on IR now, as of today!!

ironcitychef
01-09-2005, 03:10 AM
I understand Corey Dillon will be back, but put a healthy Burress, Ward and Randle El against the defense so banged up. I like our chances.;)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
If bellechick doesnt provide some magic for his defense against the pats this week, we might not have to worry about the damn pats anymore!! :o

CowherLover
01-10-2005, 02:04 PM
This is going to be interesting to see what he can do to stop that offense. But my thought is that if the Ravens could keep it as close as they did, then Brady and Co. should be able to hold their own against them. I know the Colts defense has stepped it up by I don't think they'll be able to maneuver themselves as easily with NE as they did with the Broncos. Just my opinion, but I only got one game right this weekend, so you know what they say about opinions.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2005, 02:18 PM
This is going to be interesting to see what he can do to stop that offense. But my thought is that if the Ravens could keep it as close as they did, then Brady and Co. should be able to hold their own against them. I know the Colts defense has stepped it up by I don't think they'll be able to maneuver themselves as easily with NE as they did with the Broncos. Just my opinion, but I only got one game right this weekend, so you know what they say about opinions.

I agree..if the ratbirds could slow down manning and co, ...bill and co can find a way to slow them down as well. after all, when they beat us in the playof game a few years ago, he admitted he went back to game film from a couple seasons earlier when kitna torched us, to find a way to beat us.

CowherLover
01-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I understand playing from behind against the Colts doesn't do your running game any good, but it didn't seem like they even attempted to get it going. If you can't slow the game down then your D is going to be on the field entirely too much, consequently no matter how good you are, you're going to worn down instantly. Droughns maybe could've slowed things down a bit to give everyone a chance to regroup and keep things honest. Seems like maybe Shanahan is experiencing "burnout" like my college AD at Ohio State.

radaz52
01-10-2005, 02:38 PM
I am so tired of the Patriots. I just do not get it! How can a team that we beat, and I mean BEAT ON BADLY be a favorite to go into the superbow. Man, my stomach is just hurting thinking about it.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2005, 02:50 PM
I understand playing from behind against the Colts doesn't do your running game any good, but it didn't seem like they even attempted to get it going. If you can't slow the game down then your D is going to be on the field entirely too much, consequently no matter how good you are, you're going to worn down instantly. Droughns maybe could've slowed things down a bit to give everyone a chance to regroup and keep things honest. Seems like maybe Shanahan is experiencing "burnout" like my college AD at Ohio State.

That and plummer isnt exactly the most accurate QB in history either..::)

dlapitt
01-10-2005, 04:02 PM
I am tired of hearing about New England, but let's remember that they have earned the respect with 2 titles in the last 3 years. You want to get the credit then you've gotta earn it, not just go 15-1 but win the whole thing. I'd love to see us play New England again, to quote Ric Flair, "To be the man you gotta beat the man...whoooooo!!!"

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Good point !! We already beat them once, but if we don't win it all, it won't feel quite the same. Either way though, I'd love to see them ousted from the playoffs. ASAP !!

ironcitychef
01-11-2005, 02:20 AM
I was impressed by the Colts this weekend, but try all those calls at the line outside in a visiting stadium with 60,000 calling you names. I'm sure the NE fans won't be church mice this weekend. That said, New England and Pittsburgh show that 3-4 which gives Indy trouble(by that I mean only 20-30 ponts per game) and Peyton has a choke factor against NE. I like our chances against any team when we control the ball for 35 minutes.