PDA

View Full Version : Run Game Is a Must!

steelpride12
10-30-2007, 11:51 AM
We all have to admit here getting the run game going to of the top priority. You have to run the ball when Parker has stats like 17-1 when he runs over 100 yards. Not only because of that reason, but good runs equals play action one on one with DB.

That means you o-line must step up and have your best 2 games of the season right here! Make every block count and i tell you now if you do your job Ben and Parker will do the rest!

Go Steelers! :tt02:

FastWillieParker39
10-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Agreed. We run more against Denver and we might've won that game.

stlrtruck
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
Don't be surprised if you see the ratbirds stack the line against us (ala the broncos). Ben will definitely have to manage the offense this game - take the lead early and score often.

Sharkissle29
10-31-2007, 09:21 PM
anyone recall who we played the game we lost when he ran for over 100?

MasterOfPuppets
10-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Agreed. We run more against Denver and we might've won that game.
yup.....hell we shoulda run more against arizona too. maybe we woulda won that one too. hell ,parker only got 19 tries that game....for a whopping 37 yds !!! and one run was for 20yds. another 30 carries shoulda got that 100yds, and the wins guaranted !!!:rolleyes:

WWIIOwheelz
10-31-2007, 10:02 PM
If the defense had showed up at the game in the 1st half, they would have won the game in Denver. I'm STILL mad about that game.:pissed:

Lord Stiller
10-31-2007, 10:13 PM
anyone recall who we played the game we lost when he ran for over 100?

Yeah, i remember cuz i was there. It was last year's Bengals game. We lost cuz of Colclough's fumbles :(

Galax Steeler
11-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Yeah, i remember cuz i was there. It was last year's Bengals game. We lost cuz of Colclough's fumbles :(

well at least we ain't going to have to worry about colcloughs fumbles anymore.:tt02:

Counselor
11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
We all have to admit here getting the run game going to of the top priority. You have to run the ball when Parker has stats like 17-1 when he runs over 100 yards. Not only because of that reason, but good runs equals play action one on one with DB.

That means you o-line must step up and have your best 2 games of the season right here! Make every block count and i tell you now if you do your job Ben and Parker will do the rest!

Go Steelers! :tt02:

That stat is a false correlation. (as is the stat that says we win when Ben throws less that 30 passes) These stats occur in games where we get the lead . . . which means we have a balanced attack early, and we run the clock out in the second half (hence less throws, more runs)
The games where we're down are the ones where we need to throw and can't afford to run as much due to the clock.

I think our running game and our offense in general is doing just fine.

HometownGal
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
The Steelers O's backbone has long been its running game - it's been the Steelers' trademark since the 70's. This season, the O seems to be becoming more balanced in its attack and I especially loved the combination of the running and passing plays in both the Hawks and Bungles game. Throw the combo at the Rats, totally confuse Stabbit Ray & Co., give Ben some time to make those throws and for God's sake - put Danny Kreider back there to open up a few craters for FWP, and the Steelers will find the EZ multiple times on Monday night.

revefsreleets
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
The key will be being able to pass out of running formations and to run out of passing formations. If we run off tackle out of obvious running formations, we aren't going to get very far.

tony hipchest
11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
everyone points out bens success when throwing less than 30 times per game. its like 30-2 = great stats.

it sucks when that is a knock on him considering he usually leads the league in YPA and needs fewer throws to reach 200 yards in a game.

there are plenty of games where ben was on pace for 30+ passes 300-400 yds and 4-5 td's and was simply shut down at half.

half of bens career starts have been 100+ qb rating.

i guess if he played for belichick this year, he too, could run for records.

im not too concerned about the run/pass ratio. if we run 15-20 times in the 1st half for only 40-50 yards, alot of people (especially the media) will cry "they shoulda known better to do that". run or pass, i think this game will come down to execution. i dont think the ravens staff will outcoach ours. i think we can have some success in the run game.

test ogden early and test those cb's. thats what i think is a must.

moedap
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
We win when the ball gets spread around.