PDA

View Full Version : Colclough claimed; Washington on IR

TroysBadDawg
10-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Click clack for link (http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=7626)

Zac Jackson, Staff Writer
The Browns have claimed cornerback Ricardo Colclough via waivers and have placed veteran nose tackle Ted Washington on injured-reserve.

Colclough (5-foot-11, 195) was waived by the Steelers on Tuesday. He was the Steelers' second-round choice in the 2004 NFL Draft out of tiny Tusculum College and was a key backup and special teams player over the last three seasons.

Colclough (pronounced Coke-lee) had 1 interception, 33 tackles and 28 special teams tackles in 36 games with the Steelers.

He returned a pair of kickoffs in Super Bowl XL averaged 21.7 yards on 49 career kick returns and also has 5 career punt returns. He played in only three games last year due to a neck injury and played in three games this year before being released.

Washington began this season as the Browns' starting nose tackle and played in five games, making 9 tackles (7 solo). Ethan Kelley has started the last two times the Browns have opened the game in their base defense.

Washington is a 17-year veteran who signed with the Browns prior to 2006. He started all 16 games last year and has 232 career starts.

"Ted has been working through some knee issues that finally have caught up to him," Browns coach Romeo Crennel said."We appreciate his effort to this point and know he will continue to help us any way he can in going forward."

The Duke
10-31-2007, 06:01 PM
good move by the browns :sofunny:

now seriously, maybe Crenell can make something outta him, but at the same time maybe it's just to get some secrets from our defense

Atlanta Dan
10-31-2007, 06:09 PM
good move by the browns :sofunny:

now seriously, maybe Crenell can make something outta him, but at the same time maybe it's just to get some secrets from our defense

I assume Coke was a pump & dump signing by Romeo, but assuming Coclough remembers much of those secrets is a reach:smile:

RoethlisBURGHer
10-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Damn that was fast. Sad thing is, that defense is so bad that he might be an upgrade.

GBMelBlount
10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Maybe he'll be returning kicks for them in two weeks when we play 'em and we can recover a few fumbles.

Hee hee! :sofunny:

TroysBadDawg
10-31-2007, 08:54 PM
What do they say about any port in a storm? And what defense are you talking about? My Browns have a Defense? Where? Besides Crennell around a food bar?

RoethlisBURGHer
10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
What do they say about any port in a storm? And what defense are you talking about? My Browns have a Defense? Where? Besides Crennell around a food bar?

LMAO TBD, you are one cool Browns fan.

The "defense" is those players in Browns uniforms on the field of play running around looking like they have no clue what they are doing.

TroysBadDawg
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
LMAO TBD, you are one cool Browns fan.

The "defense" is those players in Browns uniforms on the field of play running around looking like they have no clue what they are doing.

No that is Crennell's secret plan, while people are thinking that he is on the side eating, you think when he is holding up the card calling in plays, he is taking large bites of food. you notice he isn't getting any smaller.

As for the players running around looking like they have no clue, they don't, they are on a learning curve. That is what I was told. it is a learning curve. Looks like it is slanted down to me.

There ae an awful lot of Browns fans that dislike me because I call them llike I see them, and not from rose or Brown colored glasses, I tell them, why wory about the playoffs, with no defense the Browns are not going anywhere. Chanpionship teams have a defense and an offense and the Browns Defense is offensive.

j-dawg
10-31-2007, 09:47 PM
No that is Crennell's secret plan, while people are thinking that he is on the side eating, you think when he is holding up the card calling in plays, he is taking large bites of food. you notice he isn't getting any smaller.

As for the players running around looking like they have no clue, they don't, they are on a learning curve. That is what I was told. it is a learning curve. Looks like it is slanted down to me.

There ae an awful lot of Browns fans that dislike me because I call them llike I see them, and not from rose or Brown colored glasses, I tell them, why wory about the playoffs, with no defense the Browns are not going anywhere. Chanpionship teams have a defense and an offense and the Browns Defense is offensive.

teams get in with bad defenses... just look at the bungholes two years ago!! not saying i've been enjoying the defensive play, but luckily the offense has been helping out. the D has line problems... but there's a chance the rest of the positions can improve before seasons end.

Steelman16
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Troy: At least you can rest in the fact that your D is better than the Bungles D. (I'm being serious here)

revefsreleets
11-01-2007, 05:37 PM
This was a smart move. First off, the Browns D ranks last or near last in every major category, so it's not like they have anything to lose. And the Browns had major depth issues at DB from the start this year. They are starting a rookie at DB, and that rarely happens, although Wright has played well. So the saying that one man's trash is another mans treasure makes perfect sense here.