PDA

View Full Version : Duane "Dog" Chapman in trouble

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2007, 09:53 AM
TV Bounty Hunter 'Dog' Chapman in Hot Water for N-Word Tirade
Thursday, November 01, 2007

HONOLULU ? TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman on Wednesday apologized for using the N-word repeatedly in a profanity-laced tirade during a private phone conversation with his son that was recorded and posted online.

Chapman, star of A&E's hit reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," acknowledged using the racial slur in speaking about his son's girlfriend.

A&E did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment on reports it had suspended production on the series, which is the cable network's highest rated show.

In an audio clip purported to be Chapman, he says, "I'm not going to take a chance ever in life of losing everything I've worked for for 30 years because some (expletive) n?- heard us say 'n?-' and turned us into the Enquirer magazine."

The clip was first posted online by the National Enquirer. It has also been posted at TMZ.com.

In a statement, the 54-year-old Chapman said he has "utmost respect and aloha for black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred.

"I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world," he said. "I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused."

Chapman said, "My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation."

Chapman said the clip was completely taken out of context.

"I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character," he said. "However, I should have never used that term."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307140,00.html

83-Steelers-43
11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
For the actual video of the rant:http://www.nationalenquirer.com/dog_bounty_hunter_racial_slur_tape/celebrity/64325

Nice to know that whole 'Born Again Christian' thing is working for "The Dog". What happened? He became a Born again after doing time in prison for first degree murder and he came back as Robert Byrd?

Crushzilla
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM
So wait... Did he just predict this would happen... then it did?

"and turned us into Enquirer. I'm not taking that chance."

Then... someone did...

:toofunny:

Never in his life would he take that chance...

rbryan
11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
I waiting for him to apologize for that haircut. Dude looks the village people on roids.

revefsreleets
11-01-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'm pretty sure 0.00% of his demographic was offended by his statements. In fact, they are probably flooding his email with well wishes and virtual high-fives.

The only way I even knew this show really existed was by seeing the show "The Soup" trash it.

Hines0wnz
11-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Who cares, he's a nobody.