PDA

View Full Version : Ravens don't like being Steelers' birthday present

tony hipchest
11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
really good AP article on the steelers and ravens hatred/rivalry.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21587566/

The Steelers are bringing back the living members of their 75th anniversary all-time team for a halftime ceremony and a celebratory dinner Sunday night. Steelers owner Dan Rooney even has a 75th birthday book coming out.

To the Ravens, it seems suspiciously like their days back at good old Alma Mater U. when some patsy was brought in each season and served up for the alumni to enjoy on a festive Saturday afternoon.

"We look at it as we have been scheduled for their homecoming,'' Ravens coach Brian Billick said. "Ohio State and Michigan seem to schedule Northwestern a lot for homecoming, and I say that with a daughter who graduated from Northwestern. ... That's great.''

great angle to play, coach! :thumbsup: desperate times, call for desperate measures.

Billick thinks these Ravens potentially are as good as those that went 13-3 and won the division by five games last season, and this game may tell him if that is really so.

"We can kind of put a team on the field that we envisioned happening at the beginning of the season, but haven't had since the opener,'' Billick said. :crying01:

the ravens are feeling slighted and like theyre being treated as some "patsy", but hines isnt biting-

"What happened last year happened last year,'' said Hines Ward, who sees no carry-over. "It wasn't a great year. Right now it's another divisional game for us, a chance to separate ourselves from the rest of the division.''

Crushzilla
11-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Looks like Billick is desperate to find crap to kick up to motivate his team.

Now that Jamal Lewis is gone he can't offer up an 8 ball as a prize for the top performer...

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Nice motivational tools but it would be a lot more effective if Ray Ray and McNair were 5 years younger.

This will be a tough game, but rust never sleeps and age has become a real issue for a Ravens team that had its window of opportunity slam shut when the offense in general and McNair in particular crashed & burned in the home playoff loss to the Colts.

FWIW I think the Rooneys did intentionally schedule the salute to the 75th anniversary team for Monday night to assure a jacked up crowd was present to honor those vets.
Choosing the Ravens rather than Dolphins game Monday night crowd for the ceremonies assures a more intense crowd.

Borski
11-02-2007, 07:15 PM
from the article
For years, the AFC North rivals have needed only to see the other's name on their schedule to know this was a special week. If it wasn't Ray Lewis or Joey Parker badmouthing the other, there was always some perceived slight or said-in-anger comment that got the other team going.

who is that? lol!

Edman
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Gotta look for any motivational ploy you can find, eh Billick? I don't know where he gets that garbage from. The Steelers wanna celebrate their birthday at home. YOU just happen to be the opponent there.

OneForTheToe
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Joey Parker :dang: Didn't he play sax for Springsteen? :wink02:

delhess
11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
i must admit, i'm a little worried. especially that patsy stuff. i think that might push ray lewis right over the edge! hard telling who he might kill... i mean tackle.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Colleges choose the schedule, NFL teams don't. The Steelers chose this week before the schedule came out, the NFL just decided to put the Ravens as the sorry souls to get beat that week in Pittsburgh.

Galax Steeler
11-03-2007, 04:57 AM
Colleges choose the schedule, NFL teams don't. The Steelers chose this week before the schedule came out, the NFL just decided to put the Ravens as the sorry souls to get beat that week in Pittsburgh.

Agreed:sofunny::sofunny:

Elvis
11-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Ladies and Gentleman
The Ravens are still a good team and I hope that the
Steelers still realize this, and I am sure that Tomlin and Lebeau will not let them forget it. The Ravens are gonna
give us their best shot and anyone that doesnt think
that way is not really informed on this big
rivalry game vs the Ravens..
:tt02:

jjpro11
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
oh please... we should be the ones pissed off that those dirty ratbirds have to be in our building when we celebrate our past heroes.

HometownGal
11-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Ruck the Fats.

They don't like being the Steelers bit ches either, but that's what they're going to be on Monday night.

It's OUR 75th anniversary celebration - so STFU Ratfinks and concern yourselves with making sure there are enough boxes of Kleenex in the visitor's locker room for the post-game cryfest. :crying01: