PDA

View Full Version : ALA/LSU - FSU/BC-

OneForTheToe
11-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Don't know which game most are watching, but I was going to turn BC/FSU on and thehn the ALA/LSU game just got interesting. So, I guess I'll flip back and forth, or watch BC/ FSU at ESPN 360.

As I started to type this LSU just scored. LSU doesn't deserve this game. Too many mental errors and turnovers. I don't like Saben, but I hope LSU loses to ALA because I'm afraid the voters are going to jump LSU over someone (BC?) at the last second to get them into the championship game.

BTW, I'm not a BC (center of the sports universe ... blah) fan but if they go undefeated they deserve a shot.

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Tide just got robbed on that catch. SEC refs, SEC trying to keep their one last BCS NC contender in the hunt?

I'm just sayin...

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
That was a terrible reversal - LSU is going to back into the BCS title game you just wait and see.

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Toss in ASU/Oregon. The Ducks jumped out fast, and the Sun Devils are coming back. I'm not entirely sure that these aren't the second and third best teams in the country right now.

SEC wise, Refs aside, Oregon and ASU are both better teams than LSU. In fact, they may not even win this game against Alabama. I kind of figured the SEC was having a down year, and that everyone would have two losses.

OneForTheToe
11-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Offsides LSU. What a stupid call play bu LSU. Fourth an inches all you need is a qb sneak.

And TD Alabama

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
11-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Offsides LSU. What a stupid call play bu LSU. Fourth an inches all you need is a qb sneak.

And TD Alabama

Maybe the officials will review that punt return by Bama. LOL!!!

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Alright, I get the whole Ducks uni thing. They want to be different or whatever. But what the Hell is up with THESE jerseys? Yellow pants, black shirts with green sleeves and yellow numbers is pretty awful, but what is up with the tires tread pattern on the shoulders?

OneForTheToe
11-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Looks like we might be headed for another OT.

OneForTheToe
11-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Or, maybe not.

fumbllilia

Nothing against LSU, but they have played very undiciplined tonight.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
11-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Or, maybe not.

fumbllilia

Nothing against LSU, but they have played very undiciplined tonight.

Bama outplayed LSU, but the Tide didn't capitalize enough on LSU's mistakes. Tough loss, because Les Miles is such a pompous prick! (But, such is life)

I feel for the team that has to play LSU in the BCS title game in New Orleans. LSU will get a lot of homecooking in that game.

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 08:59 PM
LSU will need a lot of officiating help to get in the BCS. I suspect the SEC will be happy to instruct the refs to "make it so". But, as of right now, Oregon is the better one loss team, and BC is still at no losses. Kansas impressed today, too. I'd not be surprised at all if the Ducks jumped a spot.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
LSU will need a lot of officiating help to get in the BCS. I suspect the SEC will be happy to instruct the refs to "make it so". But, as of right now, Oregon is the better one loss team, and BC is still at no losses. Kansas impressed today, too. I'd not be surprised at all if the Ducks jumped a spot.

I just have a strong feeling at this point that if LSU wins out through the SEC Championship Game, that they will be one of the teams in the BCS title game. I despise LSU (always have because of how classless their program and fans are), so I'm certainly hoping that they don't end up in that game. I'd rather see Ohio State and B.C. or Ohio State and Oregon or Oregon and B.C. I just don't think that Oregon will move ahead of LSU, if LSU wins out.

revefsreleets
11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
The Pac Ten is stronger than the SEC this year. This win is bigger than LSU's, and more convincing.

But Kansas and BC still figure in. BC I see losing, and Kansas could lose to Missouri. OSU could lose to Michigan. It will be interesting to see this all unfold.

By the way, for the Buckeye haters, they set a record for most consecutive conference wins. The Big Ten isn't exactly a noob conference, and regardless of how good or bad they are this year, there were years when the Big Ten was lights out. There was also a graphic during the game today that showed total weeks at #1, and OSU was just behind Oklahoma and USC all-time.

Steeler in Carolina
11-03-2007, 10:58 PM
BC is losing to FSU. 27-17 with 1 minute to go. Heisman is back up for grabs.

Blitzburgh Gator
11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=revefsreleets;315455 I suspect the SEC will be happy to instruct the refs to "make it so". [/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a conference wide plot to get LSU to the title game....

If there was any suspicion whatsoever by the other schools in the SEC that LSU was getting favorable calls.....do you honestly think the other SEC schools would just put up with it and not call them out??

41-14 has obviously made you very bitter and UNOBJECTIVE....

Blitzburgh Gator
11-04-2007, 10:34 AM
BTW - If SEC refs had wanted LSU to win at Kentucky, any one of a number of calls would have changed that outcome.

But dont let reason stand in the way of a good grudge...

Blitzburgh Gator
11-04-2007, 11:14 AM
And just for the record, I think Oregon should be #2 and LSU #3.

But to say that the SEC is cheating to get LSU in the BCS game is ridiculous...

Jeremy
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
BTW - If SEC refs had wanted LSU to win at Kentucky, any one of a number of calls would have changed that outcome.

But dont let reason stand in the way of a good grudge...

Oh come on now. No rational person could watch that game yesterday and say that the officials called that game right down the middle. The replay official is either blind or he had someone from the SEC standing right there telling him what to do.

revefsreleets
11-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think the SEC particularly cares what team from their conference gets in, as long as some team does. I don't think they particularly care HOW an SEC teams gets in either. With all the teams but LSU now staring at as many as 3 losses, LSU is obviously the last grasp hope.

And with 3 teams in the top 6 (Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma), I'm moving the Big 12 up into the #1 conference spot, followed by the Pac 10.