PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson single game rushing record

tony hipchest
11-04-2007, 03:26 PM
ive always been sold and its evident all the hype is true. peterson is the best back drafted since LT.

in their 1st head to head matchup, peterson is destroying tomlinson with 30/296yds/3td compated to 16/40yds/1td for tomlinson.

i think the offensive rookie of the year is sewn up. the rushing title is there for the taking. and to think the browns passed on this kid and woulda taken brady quinn ahead of him. :thumbsup:

adrian kneels at the end to give him 295 which i believe is tied w/dillon.

Hines0wnz
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
He's on my FF team. :cheers:

HometownGal
11-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Adrian is an outstanding RB. I would have been killing my opponent in one of my FFL's today had it not been for Peterson. :dang::dang:

tony hipchest
11-04-2007, 03:30 PM
nfl.com gametracker says he has 296 yds. record or not, its an impressive game against a defense that was thought to be premier.

Hines0wnz
11-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Adrian is an outstanding RB. I would have been killing my opponent in one of my FFL's today had it not been for Peterson. :dang::dang:

I forgot to start him a few weeks ago when he had that other 200+ yard game. :dang:

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Hopefully this finally lays to rest the notion that the Bolts are still an "elite team" in the AFC that just got off to a slow start.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
adrian kneels at the end to give him 295 which i believe is tied w/dillon.

It's being reported on Yahoo that he had 296 yards, which gives him the record.

And he broke Jamal Lewis' record of 295 yards which he rushed for against the Browns in his 2,000 yard season.

Crushzilla
11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
This is certainly going to bury Willie's chances at the rushing title, but I would rather take the playoff birth that the Fast One is going to give us :thumbsup:

Single player accolades are for the birds (and the Bengals). I'll take our record.

Godfather
11-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Good! I've been rooting for someone to erase the drug dealer from the record book.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I really liked Peterson comming out of college but I had no idea he was going to be this good this quickly.

The Duke
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I really liked Peterson coming out of college but I had no idea he was going to be this good this quickly.

funny but I thought that out of Lynch and Peterson that Lynch would be better. guess I was very very wrong. although that pass lynch threw to robert royal was beautiful

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
funny but I thought that out of Lynch and Peterson that Lynch would be better. guess I was very very wrong. although that pass he lynch threw to robert royal was beautiful

I think Lynch is going to be a special player as well.

The Duke
11-04-2007, 08:50 PM
I think Lynch is going to be a special player as well.

no doubt, but Peterson, damn I can even see him getting 2000 yards this season

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Peterson is badass no doubt and is going to be a special talent for years to come....But he also has a talented Oline to open up some massive holes for him....This isn't to knock Peterson since he does know how to finish a run when those holes open....I think a few years I wouldn't be surprised to see Peterson make a run for 30 TDs..........especially if the Vikes get any kind of a passing game to help him out...lol

Borski
11-04-2007, 09:07 PM
He just clinched the Madden cover for next year, uh oh.

lilyoder6
11-04-2007, 09:12 PM
A.P is just sick... he is breaking ankles left and right and 296 yrds in a game is just unreal.. i wonder if he keeps this up if he would be in the running for league MVP

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Well, I think both Lynch's and Peterson's performances so far this year on bad teams underscore just how overrated Reggie Bush is.

The Duke
11-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, I think both Lynch's and Peterson's performances so far this year on bad teams underscore just how overrated Reggie Bush is.

definitely. reggie bush" the next barry sanders" lol

Steelman16
11-04-2007, 11:04 PM
definitely. reggie bush" the next barry sanders" lol

Speaking of Barry Sanders, I was very impressed with Joseph Addai tonight! I didn't know he had that many moves. :thumbsup:

SuckItUp
11-04-2007, 11:34 PM
WOW! Can you believe this guy's season so far? And he's only a ROOKIE! How on earth do you not win, when the guy you picked up in the late rounds of your draft is on pace for over 2000 yards in his first year? :cheers:

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 11:39 PM
How on earth do you not win, when the guy you picked up in the late rounds of your draft is on pace for over 2000 yards in his first year?

A horrible defense and non-existent passing game, maybe?

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
WOW! Can you believe this guy's season so far? And he's only a ROOKIE! How on earth do you not win, when the guy you picked up in the late rounds of your draft is on pace for over 2000 yards in his first year? :cheers:
late rounds ??? :huh:

ShutDown24
11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I HAVE AD IN FANTASY AND HE IS A BEAST!!! Peterson IS the best back in the league right now and if he isn't injury prone in the pros like he was at Oklahoma he is going to have a MAJOR career... Only reason he didn't and shouldn't have gone #1 was because of his injury problems.

I didn't even draft him lol, I picked him up of waivers the second the draft ended. He is just a horse.

PalmerSteel
11-07-2007, 11:35 AM
i almost traded him 2 weeks ago. wow, that was a close one!

SuckItUp
11-11-2007, 01:00 AM
This is an example of a terrible merger of threads. I was speaking with regards to fantasy football...hence the late rounds comment...and everyone else here was talking about him in reality. So obviously my comments didn't coincide in any manner with the rest of the thread.

But anyways...thanks for letting me bardge in here and speak seemingly incoherant giberish to you all on an entirely different subject.

Go Adrian...fantasy and reality. :tt02:

fansince'76
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
This is an example of a terrible merger of threads. I was speaking with regards to fantasy football...hence the late rounds comment...and everyone else here was talking about him in reality. So obviously my comments didn't coincide in any manner with the rest of the thread.

But anyways...thanks for letting me bardge in here and speak seemingly incoherant giberish to you all on an entirely different subject.

Go Adrian...fantasy and reality. :tt02:

Yeah, you made it really obvious that you were talking about Peterson in a FF context. I'll try to sharpen up my mindreading skills for next time.