Lord Stiller
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM
that is all

Borski
11-04-2007, 04:44 PM
Dec 9th, Its ON!

Mosca
11-04-2007, 05:31 PM
The score only counts at 00:00 of the 4th. Let's go Colts!

CantStop85
11-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, so much for that. Let the undefeated talk continue.

stillers4me
11-04-2007, 07:02 PM
They CAN be beat. Brady did not play a great game.....makes mistakes when pressured. He's been exposed.

Dick LeBeau take note......

touchdownward
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
They weren't exactly mistake free today either. The pats were flagged 10 times for 146 yds. I know a good chunk of those yards came on the pass interference penalty, but they didn't look like a well oiled machine today.
They're definitely beatable.

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 07:34 PM
This thread was a tad premature. :banging:

stillers4me
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM

Not really...... Brady was exposed. The Colts lost that game.

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Not really...... Brady was exposed. The Colts lost that game.

That's not what will be discussed all week. What will be discussed is the Patriots' "incredible resiliency" on the road against an undefeated opponent. :blah: Another week of not watching any of the sports outlets unless there is an actual game being played on one of them.

Preacher
11-04-2007, 08:00 PM
That's not what will be discussed all week. What will be discussed is the Patriots' "incredible resiliency" on the road against an undefeated opponent. :blah: Another week of not watching any of the sports outlets unless there is an actual game being played on one of them.

Of course...

but the fact is... they finally played against a good team... and they barely won.

PAMillerGrrl83
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Patsies would not have won had it not been for Manning getting stripped of the ball. And its obvious going up against a GOOD team Brady is not going to get the yards nor the points he's been getting.

83-Steelers-43
11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately, a football game is four quarters. Hats off to the Patriots. Good game and hats off to the Colts for putting up one helluva fight. The Patriots are the better team. Time to move on.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Plus next ESPN will break in that Tom Brady walked on water and Bill Belichick brought peace to the Middle East.........:blah::blah::blah::blah: I just can't stand the national media anymore......Thank God I have Fox Sports Pittsburgh on Directv.........:thumbsup:

Lord Stiller
11-04-2007, 10:26 PM

I posted this thread when it was 3-0

Didnt care who won, it just proved the Pats aren't the "best team ever" and "invincible"

Steelman16
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Aside from all the rediculous hype, the only thing I wanted from this game was how Brady and the Pats would play and respond to a good team. Though I was disappointed at the outcome, I think that Belicheat and Co. will be scrambling to figure out new things, because the other 30 teams now know a few things.

Some things we (or at least I) saw:

1. Brady is a whiner (for lack of choicer words) when he starts getting hit and sacked fairly consistantly. He was so frustrated out there in the first half. He yelled at some guys a few times.

2. Moss, Stallworth, and Welker are human. Too bad for those breakdowns late in the 4th, but the recievers were well contained IMO for 3 1/2 quarters of play.

3. The Pats' D isn't as great as touted, especially against the run. If any given team can keep Brady on the ground, (thus keeping their O in check) and generate solid, consistant runs for their own O, then I think they're easily beatable.

That said, I actually agree with the thread title, regardless of who won.\

Well, enough of all that. May the Ratbirds be good eatin' tomorrow night! :tt02:

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Some things we (or at least I) saw:

1. Brady is a whiner (for lack of choicer words) when he starts getting hit and sacked fairly consistantly. He was so frustrated out there in the first half. He yelled at some guys a few times.

2. Moss, Stallworth, and Welker are human. Too bad for those breakdowns late in the 4th, but the recievers were well contained IMO for 3 1/2 quarters of play.

3. The Pats' D isn't as great as touted, especially against the run. If any given team can keep Brady on the ground, (thus keeping their O in check) and generate solid, consistant runs for their own O, then I think they're easily beatable.

1. Brady's ALWAYS been a whiny little bitch when he gets hit. Nothing new there.

2. Yep, the Pats' WRs are human. But I'd rather keep them off the field entirely with long drives.

3. Yep, the playoffs last year proved to me that the Pats' D isn't as good as advertised, as witnessed by their inability to stop LT from running all over them until Schottenheimer inexplicably took the ball out of his hands in the 2nd half, and the record AFCCG 18-point lead they pissed away against the Colts. The addition of AD helped, but they needed to do more to make the unit as solid as it was when they were winning 3 SBs in 4 years. Nothing new there, either.

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Yeah, good luck with that.......... How long do you think it will take tonight for those Monday Night Morons to start talking about Brady and The Patricheats during the Steelers game?? Prepare yourself people.... It's gonna happen.

That's what the mute button is for. I can't stand Kornheiser in that booth anyway. He's worse than Theismann was, IMO. Besides, I'm sure that the Hype Bowl will dominate their conversation all night with the actual game being played before them being an afterthought, but then what else is new?

CantStop85
11-05-2007, 07:16 AM
Patsies would not have won had it not been for Manning getting stripped of the ball. And its obvious going up against a GOOD team Brady is not going to get the yards nor the points he's been getting.

The Patriots didn't just beat a good team, they beat the best team in the league, the reigning super bowl champions. I don't see how the Colts putting a chink in the Pats' armor but still losing the game can give other teams a lot of hope when the Colts are the best team in the league (outside of the Patriots). Did anyone seriously expect a blowout either way?

Jman
11-05-2007, 07:59 AM
These are just my thoughts about the match up. Sorry if they seem a bit random...

I thought the Colts would win, and it would be close (off on the Colts, on with the close). I was hoping that the Colts would expose the weak points with the Pats. Mission accomplished there.

So all in all, yea the Pats won. Did they win because they are better? I don't think so. I think the Colts made mistakes, and that cost the game.

The Duke
11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
That's what the mute button is for. I can't stand Kornheiser in that booth anyway. He's worse than Theismann was, IMO. Besides, I'm sure that the Hype Bowl will dominate their conversation all night with the actual game being played before them being an afterthought, but then what else is new?

I used the mute button for the game yesterday, and I plan to do the same today. it's pretty useful :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Heard it was a good game. I watched a movie instead.

If the Stteelers keep winning, they'll be hyped a lot, too. As for Monday Night, thank God I'm going to be there and not be subjected to the booth guys drolling all over themselves about the pats.

Jeremy
11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Kornheiser is a Washington-based sports columnist. That's all he is. He's not schooled in broadcast journalism. So basically what you have is an ignorant Easterner who doesn't know what he's doing trying to dominate a booth with two men who know more than he does.

This is a classic ESPN mistake. See Rusty Wallace for the same phenomenon.