PDA

View Full Version : This Moron Says Big Ben is the #1 Overhyped Player In The League

MichaelAngelo
10-12-2005, 02:20 PM
I never heard of this site but I got an email from a friend and it said he had a list of the ten most overhyped players in the league and he had Ben #1 here is what he said and the link to the site if you want to read the rest of the list. This guy is a complete Ahole

http://www.blacksportsonline.com

1- ?Medium? Ben Roethlisberger

The stats will do the talking for me on this one:

AFC Divisional Playoffs: 17-30 181 Yards 1 TD 2 INT (one ran back for a TD)
AFC Championship: 14-24 226 Yards 2 TDs 3 INT (one ran back for a TD)
Steelers vs. Patriots 05 12-28 216 Yards 2 TDs

In the three most important games of his career he has come up anything but
?Big?. While others want you to believe the Steelers are winning because of Ben the
truth is they are winning in spite of him. The stat that I normally use to clearly illustrate
my point is that they Steelers ran the ball 62% of the time last year which would make it
easy on any QB especially a rookie whose only job is to make an occasional throw off
play action. The new stat to clearly illustrate my point that Ben is nothing but a place
holder in the Steelers offense is he has only thrown the ball more than 25 times in 3 of
18 starts. The times he has been called upon to win games he has blown them. You
would think after 18 starts he would be comfortable in the pocket, but ask defensive
coordinators and they will tell you he has happy feet and becomes rattled if his first
read is covered. It is more impressive to me when a Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, or
Drew Brees takes a team that is on the downslide and bring them up as oppose to a
QB who is just a caretaker to a team that was already good. On top of that there has
been several published reports that Ben?s ego has gotten bigger than his game. His
refusal to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle even though that is his decision
shows that he is more about Ben then he is about team. In 10 years when they are
talking about the great QBs that came out in the years 2000-2005 his name will not be
among them and if you do not believe that then you really cannot handle the truth

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-12-2005, 02:45 PM
too bad he named some of the best players in the nfl
when will ben get respect?

Ambridge
10-12-2005, 02:54 PM
He didn't say Ben was "Overrated"..........he said he was Overhyped.

"Over Hyped is defined as: To promote or publicize to excess."

Maybe Ben is overhyped but definately not overrated......otherwise it was a stupid commentary on his part.

BTW-Welcome Michael Angelo!

Suitanim
10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Here's the stats that matter to me:

2005 Regular Season:

52 0f 86, 913 yards. 7 TD's 0 INT's 60.5 Comp % and QB Rating of 123.8

Steel - X
10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Brett Favre, Ray Lewis, Denver RB System, are all on this list. I am not saying Ben is the next Joe Montana (which he maybe or could be) but the most overhyped player IMO currently in the NFL is Michael Vick. I love the guy one of my favorite players to watch due to the excitement factor but that guy is just not a good QB.

This Ben article is a joke.

SteelR1
10-12-2005, 03:32 PM
This article is a joke!!! First off the first two games he mentioned were in his ROOKIE year. Can we show any other QB's stats during the playoffs in their rookie years..

His performance this year against the Patriots was exactly what we needed, 2 TD's and 0 int.. Yeah we lost the game but that is now history..

Ben will be a GREAT quarterback for years to come, he may not throw 30 plus times a game but he is very efficient when he does, look at his QB rating..

I agree Big Ben shouldn't be in the Joe Montana catagory yet, but he's not in the Ryan Leaf one either!!!!

LETS GO BIG BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
I really wish these guys would lay off on the whole motorcycle thing. One dork wipes out on a brand new crotch rocket and now everyone has to "think of the team"? What a bunch of BS.

MichaelAngelo
10-12-2005, 03:44 PM
I really wish these guys would lay off on the whole motorcycle thing. One dork wipes out on a brand new crotch rocket and now everyone has to "think of the team"? What a bunch of BS.

I do wish he would ride with a helmet, cause even if he is a safe rider you can't take into account the other drivers

squirreljr_98
10-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Opinions are like ARSEHOLES, everyone's got one...

AND HERE"S MINE!

Stats aren't THE ONLY measuring stick by which everyone is measured.

Sure he had a couple of bad games last year. But just because we didn't go to the SB partly because of BR's ROOKIE mistakes, does that make him overhyped?

I think NOT

Just because he comes into the League and gets drafted by a SOLID team that doesn't rely as heavily on QBs as other sytems, doesn't automatically take away from his ability.

BR's never gonna be a Manning or a Marino, not with us anyway (I admit I can't see into the future). But don't say he's overhyped just because he's not bringing a team out of the dumps or puttiing up 49 TD's.

The guy's only played 20 games! Give him a chance to play for 15 years and then make a decision on weather he was overhyped.

:twocents:

I.C. Lights
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
He didn't say Ben was "Overrated"..........he said he was Overhyped.

Well, I don't know if Ben's overhyped, but this author is insinuating (however ineffectively) that Ben is overrated too. His attempt to diminish Ben's accomplishments by comparing him to the situation of Eli or Carson is terrible. Yes, we were better than the Giants and Bengals when Ben came aboard, but we had just gone 6-10 the year before and just lost a game to the Ratbirds...if this person doesn't think winning 9 more games in a regular season is turning a team around then he shouldn't even be mentioning the word "truth."

Ladylinebacker#51
10-12-2005, 09:47 PM
I think he was wrong about Ben because he has not been in the league long enough, but he was right on in my opinion about Bret Farve the media acts like he is the best quarterback ever. Whenever something happens to him ( don't let it happen on a monday night) they magnify it like 10 times.

Koopa
10-12-2005, 10:05 PM
i didn't read the article but seeing that it says he is overhyped i kinda believe that, cause last season you couldn't even watch a sports show without them mentioning how great his record was and it got annoying sometimes cause he was getting most of the credit when it was the players around him that made him what he is and yet they got no credit what so ever. well at least that's the way it seems down here i'm sure there in PA everyone got credit. that's why i think he was overhyped but he is a very good qb

ironcitychef
10-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Follow the money...

First to be overhyped, you have to written about in lots of papers...

Second to be in papers you have to be "sell" worthy...

Last in order to be "sell" worthy, people have to be "buying" what is being written.

Seems like everyday more and more people are buying into Ben being a real deal QB. Doesn't seem like too much of a stretch being 18-2.

BengalBrian
10-13-2005, 01:25 AM
I agree with this article.. He is overRATED

Suitanim
10-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Stupid is as stupid does, Bunghole Brian.

Ambridge
10-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah! I think Brian's been rolling around too much in the Bengal Litter Box lately.

Suitanim
10-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Little fucker just dinged my karma! What an asshole!

I gave him positive karma for being a moron. I feel sorry for him, since it's gotta be tough going through life being retarded AND a Bungal fan.

Koopa
10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
lol, he does that everytime you don't agree with him he's done it twice to me. i don't see how you can call him overrated, he gets the Ws and that's all that matters, and he always comes through in the clutch, he did it a lot last season and he did it monday. overhyped he might be but overrated he isn't

Ambridge
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Little fucker just dinged my karma! What an asshole!

I gave him positive karma for being a moron. I feel sorry for him, since it's gotta be tough going through life being retarded AND a Bungal fan.

I was feeling spiteful so I went and kicked his Karma for the fun of it. :oops:

hmmmmmmmm
10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
I dont wanna start anything but i also think hes overrated to an extent. I dont watch alot of the games since im nowhere near PA they dont show em alot. He has some amazing WR's to throw to and doesnt throw alot but still gets his yards. The reason i think hes overrated is cause of the Wr's they get alot of YAC but all i hear about is how great Ben is. I never hear about the WR's but everytime i see highlights they run a short route and break it long and its still all about how good Ben is. The talent of the WR's and how good they are at running their routes and getting open is what makes Roethlisburger good. They make it seem like him and Bettis are the only ones on the offense thats why i think hes overrated he gets to much of the credit for how good the WR's are. I mean i see he can manage the clock well, knows how to handle the pressure sorta and hes accurate on throwin short balls (havent really seen him go deep).

Suitanim
10-13-2005, 05:42 PM
That might have made more sense last year, but all we've heard about this year is how bad our receivers (Ward aside) actually are. Cedric Wilson has been bashed repeatedly in the press, and ARE barely gets any respect.

It can't be both ways...

shevdog
10-13-2005, 05:48 PM
It is more impressive to me when a Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, or
Drew Brees takes a team that is on the downslide and bring them up as oppose to a
QB who is just a caretaker to a team that was already good.

Coming off a 6-10 2003 season, then going 1-1 before Rothlesburger even shows up as the starting QB. It is true that the Steelers ran the ball a bit more than they usually do under Cowher in 2004 because of Ben. I also think that game in contrast to 2003's very atypical Cowher approach to passing the ball a lot with Maddox.

All those things put aside, you are right when you did mention the Steelers were a good team and Ben did not make them a good team, like those other QB did. I think that is true, yet not an good arguement to knock down Rothlesburger.

I haven't liked many Steelers QB's. I like Maddox and I like Rothlesburger. I don't care if they are super star QB's. I only care that they get the job done. I do know that Rothlesburger has strenghtened himself as a QB and has gotten better. He is tough. He is more aware of plays and what is going on in the field. Eli sucked last year, yet he developed just as much as Ben did.

Sorry you hate Big Ben so much. As for me, I don't care if he is going to be up there in everyone's minds 5, 10, 15 years down the road. I want Big Ben to do his best and play Steelers football. I've doubted in the past other Steelers QB's, yet I know that Big Ben is one that can lead the offense to the SUper Bowl. He can't "choke" all the big games.

One for the Thumb in 2005, cause the Bus stops in Detriot!

Prosdo
10-13-2005, 06:05 PM
The thing I like about Ben is his ability to scramble and make a play. Another thing that makes him good in my opinion is how in games such as the Chargers and last year's Jaguars game when you need to move the chains he can. He stays calm and makes the plays. Sure he came into a team with a lot of talent around him, but he utilizes it and gets the wins.

hmmmmmmmm
10-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Well the games i watch Ward runs his routes almost perfectly and Antwan runs em damn good I dont know about this Cedric Ward guy. A majority of his passing yards come from Ward & Randel Els YAC . I mean every game i watch it almost seems as if nobody is covering Ward and Randel El is open alot as well.

Koopa
10-13-2005, 10:30 PM
aww here comes willard to talk down on big ben again. and you haven't heard of cedrick ward cause there is no cedrick ward, it's cedrick wilson. you can run all the good routhes you want but if you don't have a good qb they all don't matter.

SteelerzGirl
10-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I was gonna ask who Cedric Ward was, too, King, but I didn't want Suit to yell at me...(lol). Now YOU'RE the one who is in trouble...tehehe. :smile:

Koopa
10-13-2005, 10:39 PM
lol, well he don't have to get mad at me cause i wasn't correcting him i was correcting my big ben hatin friend there

SteelerzGirl
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Whew... That's a relief! I was gettin' ascared...(lol). :smile:

hmmmmmmmm
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
All im gonna give you is hmmmmmmmm. I guess you didnt get it if you have to pick out sumthin i did wrong to correct. Ill try again and try to dumb it down for you. Ben throw ball ten yards...... WR run 40....... Ben get all credit. Maybe that helped, I mean he throws 15-20 times a game maybe and gets 200 some odd yards. Most of his passes are short but the WR's make them big plays but yet some ppl come up with things so all the credit goes to Ben

(there is no hate here i just think hes overrated because of what his Wr's do and dont get credit for)

Prosdo
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
The WR's definitely do a good job and they do deserve credit I don't disagree there. I believe Ben had long passes when Plax was still here. I think Ben also had a few long passes in the first two games, but I'm not positive.

Suitanim
10-14-2005, 09:18 AM
There, I fixed it...all happy now?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-14-2005, 05:22 PM
the QB is nothing w/out his WR's and the WR's are nothing without their QB. plain and simple..

Its Ben's job to get the ball where the play is designed to unfold and the WR's job to gain as many yac yards as they can. they go hand in hand.

hmmmmmmmm
10-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah but in this case the credit seems like it aint bein split among QB and WRs. It's all goin to the QB or most of it