PDA

View Full Version : Colts cheating too?

jjpro11
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
its just a PFT thing.. but when you listen, you cant help but wonder... especially at the end of the audio when you hear this blaring ringing sound. they have been accused of this for a few years now. i remember our own guys mentioned it being unbearably loud when we played there twice in 2005.

POSTED 10:04 p.m. EST, November 4, 2007

CROWD NOISE SKIPS AT COLTS GAME?

It's a subject that will be addressed more fully in some Internet hack's Ten-Pack of Week Nine observations for SportingNews.com.

For now, we'll mention only that there are renewed question as to whether the Colts are pumping fake crowd noise into their home games.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/Moss_Catch_Audio.mp3

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
3 words: silent snap count. Worked like a charm for us in the '05 Divisional game against them.

jjpro11
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
3 words: silent snap count. Worked like a charm for us in the '05 Divisional game against them.

definitely.. its not like they already know your play (cough belicheat cough).. but its still not allowed.

fansince'76
11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
definitely.. its not like they already know your play (cough belicheat cough).. but its still not allowed.

Maybe so, but I liken the Colts' alleged pumping in of crowd noise to be along the lines of what the Texans did against us when we played them at the beginning of the season a couple of years ago in Houston. They opened their roof and had us wear the black jerseys in the heat (which didn't work anyway). I liken what Belicheat did to something more along the lines of Watergate. There's a difference, to me at least, between using homefield advantage to gain an edge and blatant cheating.

Stlrs4Life
11-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Here's another version of it on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

You should remember that the Colts were accused of pumping in extra loud crowd noise during their games. Last night, near the start of the fourth quarter, the Pats are on offense and the crowd is particularly loud. Suddenly, the crowd noise sounds like a skipping CD then goes silent.

rbryan
11-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Brady doesn't look so good when he can't hear the evil genius change the play at the last second.

delhess
11-05-2007, 10:32 AM
here's sirius radio's opening drive talking about this today. this clip includes the audio from the game.

piped noise opening drive.mp3 - 3.31MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/4689789fb55d66/)

rbryan
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
I guess thats what the game has come down to. Who ever cheats the best wins. Sadly, the Colts just didn't do it enough to handle the patsies.

Its only about whether you win or lose, it has nothing to do with how you play the game.
Robert Kraft

Counselor
11-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Maybe so, but I liken the Colts' alleged pumping in of crowd noise to be along the lines of what the Texans did against us when we played them at the beginning of the season a couple of years ago in Houston. They opened their roof and had us wear the black jerseys in the heat (which didn't work anyway). I liken what Belicheat did to something more along the lines of Watergate. There's a difference, to me at least, between using homefield advantage to gain an edge and blatant cheating.

Exactly. This sounds like Patriot supporters are feeding PFT something to try and sully the name of the team that almost beat them. We all know no one could almost beat the amazing Patriots without "cheating" ha!

Jeremy
11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I hate whiny East Coast fans.

klick81
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
So now that this has been proven, I wonder if the NFL will do anything about it?

Jeremy
11-05-2007, 11:49 AM
So now that this has been proven, I wonder if the NFL will do anything about it?

The Patriots weren't punished, so why should the Colts be punished?

Steelman16
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
The Patriots weren't punished, so why should the Colts be punished?

I'd have to agree, though sbryan's comment is becoming all too true unfortunately.

Besides, its could have been just the CBS audio guys being bribed by the Patsies to try to make the Colts look like cheaters too. :wink02:

MACH1
11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Whats worse dealing with loud noise or someone who stole your playbook. Not saying its not cheating but noise can be dealt with, but its a bit more difficult to deal with a team that knows what your doing before you do.

Blah! Blah! Blah!
11-05-2007, 12:31 PM
It is now being reported that the Pats QB coach communications were down for most of the game.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
It is now being reported that the Pats QB coach communications were down for most of the game.

That could be because the big baby was pouting...holding his breath and stomping his feet until the fourth quarter

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Link? And besides, even if it's true, what's good for the goose....:coffee:

Crushzilla
11-05-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't know.

The crowd does seem SIGNIFICANTLY quieter after the skipping stops. Then again... their defense had just given up a big gain...

rbryan
11-05-2007, 01:14 PM

I read that he couldn't hear because the noise was so loud, but not that the systems were down. Big difference. I often wonder about how hard it would be to tap into the other teams communications. I hope the Rooneys have some ex CIA types on the payroll to make sure our system is secure.

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I often wonder about how hard it would be to tap into the other teams communications. I hope the Rooneys have some ex CIA types on the payroll to make sure our system is secure.

Frequency-hopping spread spectrum wireless headsets - the way to go, especially against an organization that has absolutely no integrity regarding the rules of fair play.

X-Terminator
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Teams have been complaining about the Colts doing this for years, including the Steelers. So it's nothing new. There's a big difference between piping in extra crowd noise and a naturally loud stadium (Qwest Field in Seattle, and the old Kingdome). One you can control, and the other one you can't. Will the league see the difference and come down on them for it? Only time will tell.

tony hipchest
11-05-2007, 04:23 PM
the supposed sound being pumped in that people heard over the BROADCAST, as a "skipping cd" was said to be a malfunction in the BROADCAST trailor and wasnt heard inside the actual stadium.

in other words, only people who saw the game on TV witnessed this supposed cheating.

patriot apologists need something to believe, that explains why their team was held to 10 points in about 3 quarters of play. after all, they are brainwashed into thinking their team cannot be beat, as if success is their birthright.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, it's officially a non-story now:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indianapolis Colts contend the debate about the decibel level in the RCA Dome is merely noise, and now they have the NFL taking their side.

A day after some unusual sounds were heard during the Colts-Patriots broadcast Sunday, the NFL issued a statement saying what sounded like simulated crowd noise was actually created by the CBS production crew, not the Colts.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," the league said. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Network officials did not give any additional details, referring only to the league's statement. The telecast received the highest rating overnight rating, 22.5, of any Sunday afternoon regular-season NFL game since at least 1987 and had a 39 share nationally.

The Web site YouTube carried a 1-minute, 10-second clip entitled "Indy Cheats" that replayed the moments in question.

On the first play of the fourth quarter, a 14-yard pass from Tom Brady to Randy Moss, the crowd noise is heard before and during the play, then immediately cuts out when Moss is tackled. In addition, there appeared to be a vibration in the sound while the crowd was cheering.

A published report on yahoo.com said Patriots president Jonathan Kraft complained to NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich afterward. Kraft is the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft.

Any enhancement of crowd noise would violate NFL rules, and Patriots spokesman Stacey James denied the team either filed or intended to file a formal complaint with the league.

It's not the first time Indianapolis has been accused of such tactics. The Pittsburgh Steelers complained about the same thing after a 26-7 loss at the dome in November 2005. Since then, other teams have informally contended there is artificial noise pumped into the dome.

The Colts have continually denied the accusations, and issued their strongest worded statement yet on Monday.

"We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way," the team said.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick, no stranger to controversy, did not discuss those allegations during his regularly scheduled news conference Monday. Instead, Belichick said he was more concerned with communication problems he said existed between Patriots coaches and Brady.

"Basically, we didn't have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that's the way it was," he said. "What all was going on, I can't tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless."

The latest accusations add yet another chapter to this already heated rivalry.

There have been complaints about leaving the field at Gillette Stadium uncovered the night before games and contentions Pats defenders were illegally holding receivers downfield.

Now there's crowd noise, communication issues and even something as simple as a postgame handshake between Colts coach Tony Dungy and Belichick, who quickly walked past Dungy as Dungy attempted to speak with him Sunday.

League Sides With Colts Over Crowd Noise (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au21VuSx53NB1SPYtX31zExDubYF?slug=ap-colts-noise&prov=ap&type=lgns)

"Bill is fine, he's a good guy, that's the way he is win or lose," Dungy said. "He's just an intense guy out there. I wouldn't describe it any way other than what it is."

You're too kind, Tony. The guy is the most classless prick in the league and if he quit tomorrow, the NFL would be better off.

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
This theory by Jeff Schulz in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution may establish the real culprit to be CBS Sports:

It’s bad enough outlets like ESPN skew news coverage to enhance their broadcast properties and artificially inflate ratings. But it’s mind-boggling and nauseating that a network would artificially pump crowd noise into a broadcast feed, as CBS may have done during the Patriots-Colts game Sunday. I mean, isn’t the game big enough? Do you really need to enhance the noise in a sold-out dome stadium? ... Networks have admitted this in past, even inserting chirping bird sounds during golf broadcasts. CBS has denied comment beyond the NFL statement, which was that the unusual noise was “tape feedback in the CBS production truck.”

You know what would be really cool? If CBS could, like, impose Godzilla or a swarm of locusts on the field! Then Tom Brady would have to fight through the pass rush AND MONSTERS. Of course, he’d still find Randy Moss in the end zone. But think of the ratings!

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/11/06/the_nfl_strange.html

With all the dramatic music and dancing Fox Sports robots that are inflicted on viewers each week, it is a logical step for CBS to have decided the Game of the Century required Crowd Noise of the Century to remind us that the future of civilization was at stake last Sunday

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 06:55 PM
With all the dramatic music and dancing Fox Sports robots that are inflicted on viewers each week, it is a logical step for CBS to have decided the Game of the Century required Crowd Noise of the Century to remind us that the future of civilization was at stake last Sunday

And I thought I was the only one that finds those robots irritating. :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Since we're on the subject of CBS broadcasts......... Does anyone else notice that CBS airs the game at one volume and then cranks up the volume for the commercials?? This is really obnoxious! I have not noticed this on any of the other networks. And another beef I have with CBS broadcasts is that their High Def signal sucks! Fox, ESPN and NBC all have very good quality High Def Broadcasts but for some reason CBS's is lousy. When they show the pictures of the huddles and the sidelines between plays the picture does not seem to be High Def. It looks sorta blocky. Has anyone else noticed this or is it possibly my local station screwing up the broadcast?

It may be your station, but more likely the HDTV signal feed is being compressed by your cable or satellite provider (I get pixelization on my DirecTV local stations HDTV signal that I do not get from the other HDTV signals, including Sunday Ticket, that are coming off different satellites).

My main beef with CBS is that it is still too cheap to buy enough HDTV equipment to broadcast all the games in HDTV - it usually is a Browns game in SD but now that the Bengals are awful it was Bills-Bengals last week. Hopefully the Steelers escape that with 8 games to go and 2 night games on ESPN and NFL Network.

PAMillerGrrl83
11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I had a couple of family members attend this game and they said that you could not hear the noise inside the Dome.