PDA

View Full Version : Next up the Browns!

moedap
11-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I hope the guys didnt use all of their energy. The Browns are serious. They will be looking for revenge. Parker will be hungry!

Crushzilla
11-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I hope the guys didnt use all of their energy. The Browns are serious. They will be looking for revenge. Parker will be hungry!

I'm not buying it.

Yes. Three in a row. Beating Miami, St. Louis, and a Seattle team, that we absolutely destroyed, in OT.

Yes. The Browns look a lot better than last time, but I'm not nearly as worried as I was for this one against the Ravens.

Borski
11-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Playing the Browns for first place...odd

jjpro11
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
their defense is still the same as what we played in week 1.. their offense has improved... but they havent played a defense like ours during their 3 game little hoorah.

BurghZ0n3
11-06-2007, 12:16 AM
...after putting Ratbirds into the trash can halfway (still 1 more game for our complete "SWEET REVENGE"), our D would be as great as in week 1 (if not better)...:helmet::tt02::tt02::tt02: :helmet:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Three in a row is big for Cleveland. Too bad it was against the two worst teams in football and a vastly overrated Seagull team.

The Clowns are going down in the Burgh next week. No way around it. Our defense is gonna smash Anderson in the mouth, and Ben will be going over the top on that sad ass secondary ass game long.

j-dawg
11-06-2007, 12:24 AM
first off, congrats on the W tonight... you put the ravens properly in their place ... as for the upcoming game, yes, the steelers certainly have the browns number... my team hasn't proven anything yet... but i don't expect a re-run of week 1.

Edman
11-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Yes, the Browns are on a roll and are playing well on O. But let's be real now...

Had to come from behind to beat a winless Rams team.
Barely beat a winless Dolphins team.
Escaped with their lives versus Seattle in overtime.

Strong Offense. No Defense whatsoever. Sound familiar?

That said, they have improved quite a bit since Week 1 and it will be a better game. But no way the Steelers let up on them. The Division is in ther grasp and the playoff race is heating up. Should be a fun game.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Awesome, j-dawg is back!

j-dawg
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Yes, the Browns are on a roll and are playing well on O. But let's be real now...

Had to come from behind to beat a winless Rams team.
Barely beat a winless Dolphins team.
Escaped with their lives versus Seattle in overtime.

Strong Offense. No Defense whatsoever. Sound familiar?

That said, they have improved quite a bit since Week 1 and it will be a better game. But no way the Steelers let up on them. The Division is in ther grasp and the playoff race is heating up.

hey man, sure they were ugly wins... but they're wins dude. yesterday i watched my teams defense hold seattles offense to zero touchdowns in the second half (after a really bad first half) and my teams offense hold the 5th ranked sack defense to zero sacks allowed. this sunday should be a rocking game yo!! :jammin:

FastWillieParker39
11-06-2007, 12:45 AM
The Browns remind me of the Bengals sooooo much. Very good offense, bad defense, I thinkwe should be able to beat 'em.

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 12:47 AM
first off, congrats on the W tonight... you put the ravens properly in their place ... as for the upcoming game, yes, the steelers certainly have the browns number... my team hasn't proven anything yet... but i don't expect a re-run of week 1.
if i remember right , you said something similiar prior to the first game....:toofunny:

duma
11-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Playing the Browns for first place...odd
It is odd. What is even worse, for about two seconds there I was concerned. Then I realized we have one of the best D's in the NFL - oh, and we can score too.

The AFC North is ours. Next up, we take all of the AFC.

j-dawg
11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
if i remember right , you said something similiar prior to the first game....:toofunny:

naw... i said i was hoping my team would be more competitive in its division... and thus far i can't be disappointed... :cheers:

UK CANDY BEE
11-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Hey, I can see why your team might think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

I can also understand why Steeler fans also think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

Going into week one, I made a habit of saying in these forums that this wasn't the same Cleveland Browns team as in the recent past.

Well, they waited a week before becoming that team I was describing.

In a strange way, perhaps I should THANK the Steelers for what happened during week one, because the Browns offensive line seems to have learned a valuable lesson (possibly more than one) from that game !!

I don't think the Steeler defense will find it as easy to get to Derek Anderson, who will drop back, pick a target and throw, compared to Charlie Frye, who couldn't seem to make up his mind.

The worst thing a team, or their fans, can do is to think that their opponent is not capable of beating them.

Do you really think that the Browns can't beat the Steelers ??

Of course you do ........

......... get ready...... payback's a BITCH !!!

Boomerang
11-06-2007, 04:57 AM
We will beat the Browns in all departments but i will admit Cleveland have shown some improvement this year.

duma
11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
The worst thing a team, or their fans, can do is to think that their opponent is not capable of beating them.

I'm not taking the field, so what I think will have zero impact on the game. That being said, I think we will win. If we were playing this game in Cleveland, I would be a bit worried though - I'll give you that much. I'm sure you guys can get 2nd place though, and even get a taste of the playoffs (but just a small taste).

SteelDogFan
11-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Th Browns are last in passing defense and 27th in rushing defense. They are out scoring teams when they win and in some games only win by a thread. I know Edwards is tough and Anderson is a good QB but they have not played a D like the Steelers since they played the Pats. Even though that game was closer than the score indicated, they had to try and out score the Pats to win.

Willie and Ward will have a great game.

Michael Keller
11-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey, I can see why your team might think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

I can also understand why Steeler fans also think they have nothing to fear from the Browns.

Going into week one, I made a habit of saying in these forums that this wasn't the same Cleveland Browns team as in the recent past.

Well, they waited a week before becoming that team I was describing.

In a strange way, perhaps I should THANK the Steelers for what happened during week one, because the Browns offensive line seems to have learned a valuable lesson (possibly more than one) from that game !!

I don't think the Steeler defense will find it as easy to get to Derek Anderson, who will drop back, pick a target and throw, compared to Charlie Frye, who couldn't seem to make up his mind.

Candy Bee:

Of course they can beat the Steelers. But they shouldn't.

However I like what the Browns are doing. I said in the beginning of the season I am happy the Steelers are playing the Browns AT CLEVELAND in game one. I believed the Browns would improve and when they in fact did, we would meet them on our home turf.. I also would prefer the Browns become the Steeler's most competive rival , not Cinncinati or Baltimore. This may be happening. The Browns are facing a Steeler team that has played excellent football in the last two games and add in the excellent second half against Denver. You may be running into a buzz saw.

The Steelers are the better overall team at this juncture. What I think Cleveland fans should hope for, is first of course a win, but more realistically, avoid the blow out , particularly in the first half , stay in the game meaning keep the point differential under 17. Go for the Wild Card and come back stronger next season. Bring on the great rivalry . The Ravens are getting old and the Bengals have no clue what it takes to sustain quality football.

What is going to happpen with Anderson vis a vis Brady Quinn? Interesting situation developing with your quarterbacks. Your opinion appreciated. I am a big fan of Brady.

Enjoy the game (not too much )

Michael

Steelers 34 Browns 13

Dino 6 Rings
11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Target for destruction now on Cleveland. Are they a Rival, yes. Do they tend to bounce back and play us a little tougher in the second game, especially after a drubbing, yes. Am I worried that the Steelers will over look the importance of winning this game to take charge in the AFC North. Not...In...The...Least.

The browns will not be able to run the ball on the Steelers. The Steelers will run the ball on the browns. The Steelers will cover well in the secondary and show Anderson some new things he's never seen and come at him hard and fast. Our offense will control the ball, take shots deep, and drain the Browns defense and eventually beat them into submission. Will we run it up...No...WE HAVE CLASS. Last night is the perfect example of that, we could have scored 70 on the Ravens. Will the Browns keep it close early, most likely. I like to go with the Veteran team in this situation, we should be able to hold the Browns to 13 - 17 points and score 24 - 31 ourselves. It won't be as bad as a beat down on the scoreboard, but in their bones, the Browns will Feel The Pain.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Hey guys and gals, look! UK Candy Ass/Buckeye Dan/whatever is back! :troll:

ShutDown24
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
It’s not going to be much different from week one. I actually expect we might see Quinn in this game. About half way through, Crennell will probably realize they haven’t really beaten anybody this year and that Derek Anderson was cut by the Ravens for a reason… Then again, even a fricking Browns coach knows not to put a rookie QB in against this defense… I think Harrison would literally kill Quinn.

Steelers 28 – Browns 10 (And that is a generous prediction for the Browns fans that hang around here)

nicesteel4life
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM
The WINS stop next Sunday Brownies, But it is awesome that you strung 3 wins together in this decade, good job!

BurghZ0n3
11-06-2007, 10:04 AM
...you see my icon DAWG fans??? It would be the same, but....diff Browns # ....3 or 11 this time around!!! :helmet::banging::tt02::banging::helmet:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Major thanks to the Rooneys for my Anniversary Medallion. What transpired since Monday evening was nothing short of predicatable - game and post game.

Now on the 'other side of the coin' we are facing what may be the only other class left in the AFC North. Normally the choking laughter would center on their star Winslow in a hospital bed proclaiming his importance to the Browns.

What a difference a season makes. And what is apparent with Derek Anderson is that he is no bojangle. Dude is finding his targets and leading comeback after comeback.

Time to back away from the Raven Punchbowl and try to make sense of Romeo's recent fairytale.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 10:28 AM
I have it 31-17, with 7 of those 17 in garbage time. The Browns are improving, but they are at least a year away from being able to compete with the Steelers, maybe two. They'll be playing from behind most of this game, forcing them to throw almost every down, and we'll terrorize Anderson again. it will take about 3 plays to get right back inside his head and rattle him. Expect lost of sacks, hurries, knockdowns and turnovers Sunday.

vasteeler
11-07-2007, 12:13 PM
no way this ones even close steelers 38 browns 10:tt02:

memphissteelergirl
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
We win, but it'll be an "ugly" win

The Good Guys 28
Others 21

rbryan
11-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Brownies got the vanilla version of everything in week one. We were saving up the new wrinkles for Baltimore. Now that the Brownies are our only competition in the division me thinks Anderson is in for a long day. Wouldn't surprise me if we get our first BQ siting this week.

If we threw for 5 TD's against the vaunted Raven Defense, what do you think is gonna happen to the Brownies #32 ranked D???

filthyfan
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
agree Memphis...brownies will bring it....need that pass rush to lay the smack down on Derek

PalmerSteel
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
i am glad the browns are doing well. its makes this rivalry that much more exciting. this is one of those games where i will miss Joey's mouth though. i hope silverback completely lays out soldier boy.

filthyfan
11-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Up here in New England the Patsy fans are soooooo full of themselves...smug and elitists...like the liberal Dems that choke this beautiful part of the US(couldn't resist the political poke)...i've got a hunch that team will go the way of the 2005 Colts...win 13 then start sitting the starters...get into a few losses.....and get there butts kicked in the playoffs by a team that has tasted a few losses but are better off for it....sound familiar??

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 12:56 PM
agree Memphis...brownies will bring it....need that pass rush to lay the smack down on Derek

I've been moaning all season thus far about the lack of a consistent pass rush, but I was so pleased to see that it was resurrected on Monday night. The D needs to put a ton of pressure on Anderson and introduce him to the HF turf early and often. :thumbsup:

CB1977
11-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I know I'm going to get crap for this post but, oh well...here goes:

Yes, our defense needs help but, I have this strange feeling that the Browns are going to pull the biggest upset of the season on Sunday. After trailing in the first 3 quarters of the game, the Browns are going to come back and win this game by 2 points.

Browns-23
Pitts- 21

PS I really don't see Brady playing this week. Romeo isn't the brightest coach in the NFL but I think he's got more sense than putting BQ in this week.

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
"The Browns are serious"...apparently someone miss typed...let me fix that...

The Browns are seriously going to get their heads handed to them on a platter. There is NOTHING they can do to stop the inevitable beat down headed their way. It will be ugly, violent, and end in the destruction of an "improving" team. Any of you who Doubt, need to understand, losing this weekend to the browns is not an option. Its just not an option, so I decree they will feel the wrath of the TRUE KINGS of the AFC North.

CB1977
11-07-2007, 01:12 PM
:yawn:

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 01:13 PM
CB1977....I understand as a fan you feel the need to cheer for the upset...you want to have hope, and want to feel like waking up on Sunday there is something to look foward to. Allow me to help you, there Is NOTHING to look forward to for You...not this Sunday. The Beating will come fast, and hard and last all game long. You may see a good pass play or two from your offense and maybe even a sack. But at the end of the day, when its over you will say, to yourself, "I hate them...cause they are so damn good."

CB1977
11-07-2007, 01:15 PM
CB1977....I understand as a fan you feel the need to cheer for the upset...you want to have hope, and want to feel like waking up on Sunday there is something to look foward to. Allow me to help you, there Is NOTHING to look forward to for You...not this Sunday. The Beating will come fast, and hard and last all game long. You may see a good pass play or two from your offense and maybe even a sack. But at the end of the day, when its over you will say, to yourself, "I hate them...cause they are so damn good."

I usually just say that. :cheers:

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm sure you do.

Cheer up. you only have to watch us destroy your team one more time this season. That's something to be thankful for.

Once you get beyond the beating, you head into an easier part of the schedule. So there is a reason to welcome the sunshine once more...after this Sunday that is.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I know I'm going to get crap for this post but, oh well...here goes:
Yes, our defense needs help but, I have this strange feeling that the Browns are going to pull the biggest upset of the season on Sunday. After trailing in the first 3 quarters of the game, the Browns are going to come back and win this game by 2 points.

Browns-23
Pitts- 21

PS I really don't see Brady playing this week. Romeo isn't the brightest coach in the NFL but I think he's got more sense than putting BQ in this week.

Crap for what, CB? You're a Browns fan that thinks your team is going to win. I would be worried if you didn't.

TackleMeBen
11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I've been moaning all season thus far about the lack of a consistent pass rush, but I was so pleased to see that it was resurrected on Monday night. The D needs to put a ton of pressure on Anderson and introduce him to the HF turf early and often. :thumbsup:

:iagree: HTG. and since its going to be my first game live they have to win:thumbsup:. if not you wont ever let me come back to pittsburgh..lol... :wink02:. hope you are getting well HTG!

#1LambertFan
11-07-2007, 02:15 PM
We proved we could beat them earlier in the year and the only thing different is they have Derek Anderson. I believe he will find out what Steeler D does to quarterbacks on Sunday. Worst case scenario Steelers 28 Browns 14

BurghZ0n3
11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but were those the DAWG fans who hugged Chad Johnson at their own backyard??? How Pathetic to say the least!!! :helmet::tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet: B&G 31 DAWG 13

moedap
11-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but were those the DAWG fans who hugged Chad Johnson at their own backyard??? How Pathetic to say the least!!! :helmet::tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet: B&G 31 DAWG 13

They hugged him only to spit on him. Look at the video and watch the white globs come flying.

BurghZ0n3
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
...really Moedap? Too bad I just watched a bit from CBS clip last time...and the commentator mentioned about it as well (weird scene). Anyways....B&G 31 DAWG 13 :helmet::tt02::banging::tt02::banging::tt02::helme t:

jjpro11
11-07-2007, 04:18 PM
it will be a disappointment if we cannot score 30.

steelpride12
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Well lets not get all confident again like we did against Denver because they are hot now and like last year have a great chance of beating us def. if we give turnovers.

We need to run the ball because yes their defense is still the same as week one and work on the play action over the middle and also the deep bomb against their less than average safety's and DB!

Our defense just needs to pressure just like against the Ratbirds because Anderson has not seen enough of us yet and don't think he can handle the full blitz.

SteelDogFan
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I understand that this is a rival game but. Lets take a look at the browns schedule. the teams they have beaten are.

>>>>Cincinnati who is........2-6 ......45 -51
>>>>Oakland who is ...........2-6 .......barely won by 2
>>>>Baltimore who is.........4-4 .......27-14
>>>>New England...............who beat them by 14
>>>>Miami Dolphins...........0-8
>>>>St. Louis who is...........0-8........squeezed a win out by 7
>>>>Seattle...........................4-4.........and do go to OT to beat them

Not to take anything away the Browns are having a great season and are getting more confident. But I don't think they have played a D like the Steelers. Also even the 0-8 teams put up big numbers on offense. They cant stop anyone.

If the Steelers don't beat them by 14 they did not play a good game. As for the Steelers looking ahead past this game. There is no way.

steelpride12
11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Im going to the game and so so excited!

memphissteelergirl
11-07-2007, 05:04 PM
They hugged him only to spit on him. Look at the video and watch the white globs come flying.

Ewwwwwww!! :yuck:

PalmerSteel
11-07-2007, 06:02 PM

lol and dont forgoet the beer AKA backwash showers he got also. :cheers:

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 08:01 PM
The Steelers would have to completely self destruct while the Browns play a perfect game in all 3 phases for this upset to happen.

In other words, Steelers win big.

UK CANDY BEE
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I understand that this is a rival game but. Lets take a look at the browns schedule. the teams they have beaten are.

>>>>Cincinnati who is........2-6 ......45 -51
>>>>Oakland who is ...........2-6 .......barely won by 2
>>>>Baltimore who is.........4-4 .......27-14
>>>>New England...............who beat them by 14
>>>>Miami Dolphins...........0-8
>>>>St. Louis who is...........0-8........squeezed a win out by 7
>>>>Seattle...........................4-4.........and do go to OT to beat them

Three of those seven game references are wrong......

We LOST to Oakland by 2............dumbass Kevin Shaeffer couldn't make a block on that last second FG attempt. Then again, I seem to recall a certain AFCN team who ALSO lost to the Raiders last season.

The score of the Ravens game was 27 to 13.

The scroe of the Patriots game was 34 to 17. Actually, the score was a bit misleading. If you look at that game from a somewhat different angle, the Browns lost by TWO PLAYS !! The opening drive tipped pass int in the end zone, and the Winslow fumble return for a TD late.

Anyway............... I don't really blame you folks for believing your guys are gonna roll this Sunday. After all, the whole media world believed the Browns would only win four games or less this season for no other legitimate reason than Cleveland has been so bad in the recent past, so the simpy MUST still be bad........right ??

Your Piss & Black bunch are gonna win and win big because of what happened week one......right ??

The recurring theme I am seeing here is that Pittsburgh is gonna get a bunch of sacks and turnovers and ...... well, you know the rest.

However, that isn't the Browns MO any longer. No one is getting much in the way of consistent pressure on Anderson, let alone many sacks. In fact, since that game, the Browns offensive line has allowed seven sacks, an average of only one sack per game. By the way, the Steeler o line has allowed 18 sacks over that same seven game stretch, though admittedly, the Browns have been woefully ineffective at rushing the passer. So I 'd be thrilled if we got TWO sacks this Sunday !!

I think the Browns O line learned a great deal from that week one debacle. How much remains to be seen, but it is hard to deny that as a unit, they have been playing at a consistently high level. The Steeler defense is averaging just over three sacks per game, yet they will be hard pressed to match that average this weekend.

Bottom line is simple............ if the Steelers can force all those mistakes and turnovers again, then they'll win easily again. If the Browns can avoid those mistakes and turnovers, and they've been doing a very good job of that lately, then the Steelers are in for a struggle.

I think the Browns have a legitimate shot to win the "struggle scenario".

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2007, 12:46 AM
here's the real bottom line UKCB.......steelers # 1 against the pass.....clevland # 32 against the pass...:steelers have the # 2 rushing offense....browns # 27 rushing defense......:coffee:

jjpro11
11-08-2007, 01:49 AM
your giving up over 400 yards and nearly 30 points a game.. why would we not think we can control game by running it down your throats like we have for the past how many years? if you think your going to score 30 on us at home, you've got another thing coming. the browns are going to have to make some big plays on special teams to stay in the game. thats our biggest weakness and about the only chance the browns have at winning.

Steel_Bus_24
11-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Im willing to throw out all the "quality wins" crap because that kind of talk only belongs for the crappy BCS pundits of college football

The Browns will come to play, but if we run the ball effectively we should be in really good shape to get an easy win....and what should be even scarier, Browns fans, is that we are starting to show that we can dominate even without our best days on the ground.

Bottom line is if we minimize turnovers and make the Browns beat us, we should win... perhaps big

Im looking forward to a good game and hope to see some more quality football from the Steelers resulting in another W for the Black n Gold

Rhee Rhee
11-08-2007, 02:36 AM
psh aside from edwards wimbley and winslow the browns have no true studs to count on.. i say steelers win it 31-21

jjpro11
11-08-2007, 03:38 AM
i really think parker has his best game of the season this week.. he's due for a huge game and a very long run.

ricksteelers55
11-08-2007, 05:18 AM
At least Browns fans are not as gay as Bungles and Rats fans

Got that one guy at my office he's still sayin that the Ravens would have won that game with Heap...Yeah that's right buddy...

fansince'76
11-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Then again, I seem to recall a certain AFCN team who ALSO lost to the Raiders last season.

Last year was last year. We also got thumped twice by the Ravens, and you only won four games last year. See how relevant last year is to this year? :dang:

The scroe of the Patriots game was 34 to 17. Actually, the score was a bit misleading. If you look at that game from a somewhat different angle, the Browns lost by TWO PLAYS !! The opening drive tipped pass int in the end zone, and the Winslow fumble return for a TD late.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. It still goes into the ledger as a big fat "L." If my aunt had a pecker, she'd be my uncle, too.

Your Piss & Black bunch are gonna win and win big because of what happened week one......right ??

Well that, and we're also a superior team to the Browns. Witness taking the last 8 straight against you and 14 of the last 15. #1 overall defense vs. #4 overall offense - advantage: Steelers. #8 overall offense vs. #32 overall defense - advantage: Steelers.

However, that isn't the Browns MO any longer. No one is getting much in the way of consistent pressure on Anderson, let alone many sacks.

Although I admit OL is our biggest weakness, I think playing two 0-8 teams back-to-back would improve our OL's sacks allowed numbers as well.

I think the Browns have a legitimate shot to win the "struggle scenario".

And I can't wait until we thump you again so you can go crawl back under your bridge for another 9 or 10 months.

HometownGal
11-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Ewwwwwww!! :yuck:

Ewwwww - I agree. That was a waste of good spit.

moedap
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Ewwwww - I agree. That was a waste of good spit.

lol

revefsreleets
11-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Washington only lost to NE because of 8 big plays. Other than that, they were right in that contest.

Wishing and and hoping and praying your team pulls off an upset is a poor substitute for football knowledge, Dan.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Have the Browns improved since our first meeting? Yes, they are two games above .500 for the first time since 2003. Comgrats on that.

However, this winning steak has come at the expense of the:

Miami Dolphins who are 0-8; who have the 18th ranked offense (and still put up 31 points on you guys), 18th ranked pass offense , 12th ranked run offense, and are ranked 23rd in defense.

St. Lois Rams who are also 0-8; who have the 29th ranked offense (whom you had to come back against to beat), 16th ranked pass offense, 29th ranked rushing offense, and the 29th ranked defense.

Seattle Seahawks who are 4-4; 13th ranked offense, 10th ranked passing offense, 23rd ranked rushing offense, and the 17th ranked defense.

Two straight over the two worst teams in the entire league and then you had to come back against one of the bottom half defenses in the league. I have backed my smak talk on the win streak up with stats. You cannot argue stats.

Now lets look at Sundays matchup:

Offense: Steelers ranked 8th (352.4 ypg), Browns ranked 4th (365.4 ypg).

Passing offense: Steelers ranked 19th (201.9 ypg), Browns ranked 7th 254.5 ypg).

Rushing offense: Steelers ranked 2nd (150.5 ypg), browns rank 17th (110.9 ypg).

Defense: Steelers rank 1st (237.8 ypg), Browns rank 32nd (411.8 ypg).

In this game, we'll see if the Browns offense is a product of facing horrible defenses or if it's the real thing. And if it is, we can just run the ball on the Browns and keep the ball out of Anderson's hands by doing so.

Oh and Brownies, defense wins championships. We have one, you don't. So don't start saving up for 2007 AFC North Champions gear, because it won't be made in Brown and Orange, it will be made in Black and Gold.

Dino 6 Rings
11-08-2007, 12:59 PM
When the ball is kicked off, and the first hits are handed out to the fools in white jerseys, it will be the begining of 60 minutes of pain and suffering for the Browns and their fans. I knew we would completely destory the Ravens, and I know, for certain, the Browns stand no chance, they will be dominated in all 3 phases of the game, and the 4th phase coaching. They will be hurt, they will tap out, and they will be happy to finish the season with a winning record but want no part of every playing the Steelers again, especially, in a play off game.

They are 1 year away from competing with us, and 2years away from actually having a field goals chance of defeating us.

Watch the Beat Down Sunday, it will be obvious from play 1 who the superior team and athletes are on the field.

stlrtruck
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey, regardless of who the browns have beaten the last three weeks, we can't overlook them - winning breeds confidence and right now the browns are getting some confidence.

And that means they could be dangerous.

Tomlin, and the fans, can't allow the clowns to continue that confidence building roll. The Steelers must start this game off on defense and lay the beat down on the browns!!!

Preacher
11-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Browns---

They have a load of confidence after the last few games. They are coming into this game with no other reason but to PROVE they belong in a discussion of good teams in the NFL. They are also fighting for 1st place.

This Browns team is not a team to be taken lightly. If we show up like we did with the Arizona or the Denver games, we will lose, period. If we show up like we did any of the other games, we will win.

This is no longer a gimme game.

ricksteelers55
11-09-2007, 05:37 AM
Def the most important game of the season,not only because it's the next one but also because a win gives us a 2 games lead on top of the AFC North.

By the way I know it sounds cheesy but I think our record should be 7-0 right now.

We had a tremendous comeback against the Broncos after trailing 21-7 Halftime we cameback to 28-28 but they won at the end with Elam FG...

and am I the only one who thinks that the only reason why the Cards had a shot against us is that Grimm and Whiz knew how to attack our O-Line ? I think our O-Line is one of the most over-rated O Line in the NFL (Ben would have incredible numbers with Manning's O-Line,even if his numbers are already awesome) and so they stopped the run,we became one dimensional and that was it.Don't forget that Grimm built that line if someone knows their strengths and weaknesses it's him.

UK CANDY BEE
11-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Washington only lost to NE because of 8 big plays. Other than that, they were right in that contest.

Wishing and and hoping and praying your team pulls off an upset is a poor substitute for football knowledge, Dan.

OHHH...........let's not get into the football knowledge bit AGAIN, okay ??

That's the direction we went the first time I came around here, albeit with a different group of SF members, and those folks proved quite well THEY were more or less bankrupt in terms of "football knowledge".

Stats and rankings don't get the job done out on the field.

As a matter of fact, you can even dominate your opponent and still lose. You guys found that out last season vs the Raiders. The stats on that game were obscenely lopsided.

It's an old cliche, but it is still true...........They don't play the games on paper. It's a good thing they don't, because it would be a waste of time for the Browns to even show up.

However, that stuff on paper is more or less what the oddsmakers are going to base their lines on, and while I haven't looked, I would guess that they have the Steelers somewhere in the neighborhood of an 8 or 9 point favorite.

The Browns are not likely to give the game away early this time, that's not what they do these days. I know that sounds a bit like my "these are not the same old Browns" spiel prior to week one, but I plead guilty to being a week or two too early with that pronouncement.

Beginning with this Sunday, Cleveland is going to make contests vs the Steelers worthy of the name RIVALRY once again.

I don't expect any of you to believe it until you see it, and some of you won't believe it even then, but I encourage ALL of you to get ready......

......because perhaps the Browns don't worry the Steelers or their fans, but Cleveland (as in the team and the fans) now FEAR NO ONE !!

....not even the big bad Steelers !!

Now let's see how this plays out Sunday...............shall we ??

fansince'76
11-09-2007, 02:16 PM
OHHH...........let's not get into the football knowledge bit AGAIN, okay ??

That's the direction we went the first time I came around here, albeit with a different group of SF members, and those folks proved quite well THEY were more or less bankrupt in terms of "football knowledge".

Stats and rankings don't get the job done out on the field.

Bankruptcy of football knowledge is ALL you have displayed. A bunch of "what ifs" and hope doesn't get it done on the field either. Pretty pathetic that you claim we can't use stats from this year to back up our statements, then you drag our loss to the Raiders last year into the discussion. Looking forward to you crawling back under your bridge for another 9-10 months come Sunday.

Crushzilla
11-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Is it just me or had this guy mentioned the Raiders game a few times now.

Hoping that lightning strikes twice and the Steelers will throw away another game to a severely under matched opponent?

I don't expect any of you to believe it until you see it, and some of you won't believe it even then, but I encourage ALL of you to get ready......

......because perhaps the Browns don't worry the Steelers or their fans, but Cleveland (as in the team and the fans) now FEAR NO ONE !!

I'm actually glad you guys don't. It makes watching the games a lot more fun, I'm sure.

Ok we'll agree. I won't be surprised if the Brownies hang tough and give us a hell of a ride as long as you promise not be surprised if the Steelers lock this up by halftime.

I realize that games aren't won on paper, but can we be serious? Can some of these matchups GET more lopsided???

Where your team is strong, we are stronger. Even if D.A. manages to squeak some points in there, what makes you think your defense stands a chance against our offense?

UK CANDY BEE
11-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Actually, I will be VERY surprised if the game is over at halftime........ in either direction.

If this game follows the same path as week one, then it means the Browns are really no better than in seasons past and are liable to make the same mistakes they always have. This is what Steeler fans have seen so many times before, so until they see otherwise in a Browns/Steelers game, they don't figure anything else will occur.

Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten. To be honest, it's not a bad viewpoint.

But Cleveland has put all that behind them, including the week one debacle, and moved on to what you will see this Sunday.

FYI.......... I mentioned the Oak/Pitt game from last year not to excpect the same thing, but to show that dominance doesn't always equal a W. Sometimes, even when you get pretty much what you expect to get, that W can STILL elude you.

..........as for the Browns defense ??

There is no denying how consistently mediocre they have been as a unit.

However, on a given play, in a crucial situation, where we MUST HAVE a big stop..... the Browns defense has been managing it more than their ranking or stats would lead you to believe. I'll be the first to admit that we were in BIG trouble when Seattle won the toss for OT. We hadn't stopped them much all day, but HAD been better in the second half. The Browns desperately needed to get their offense the ball.

..........and as poor as the Cleveland defense is and has been, they managed to get it done !1

MasterOfPuppets
11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Bankruptcy of football knowledge is ALL you have displayed. A bunch of "what ifs" and hope doesn't get it done on the field either. Pretty pathetic that you claim we can't use stats from this year to back up our statements, then you drag our loss to the Raiders last year into the discussion. Looking forward to you crawling back under your bridge for another 9-10 months come Sunday.yeah no doubt !!! i guess the browns bein ranked #32 ,doesn't mean thier D really sucks....after all its just a stat...:shake01:

Crushzilla
11-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Fair enough.

You are correct in saying that the stats don't always justify what actually happens on the field, but to be honest with you, I can't buy it.

There's too much of a lopsidedness in the numbers and in recent history this is all I've heard about the Browns and seen the same result each time.

Throw in that its a home game and I just cannot see the Browns pulling this off. I know you are ok with that answer, and yes I'll be watching on Sunday.

I'd rather not speculate anymore about it, so we'll see in two days.

PalmerSteel
11-09-2007, 03:54 PM
to make it simple, maybe stats dont always justify a true ranking but when you are #1 in stats in something, that means you are pretty damn good at it and when you are last in stats on something, that means you are pretty damn bad at it.