PDA

View Full Version : The one thing that upset me tonight...

BlastFurnace
11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
was when Kornheiser kept saying "Joey Who". Ok, I will admit that Joey never had a night against Ogden that Harrison had, but there is no room for any talk of "Joey Who".

Joey was a great Steeler whose play has slipped a lot the past couple of years.

Let's leave it at that.

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Agreed - I appreciate Peezy's years with the Steelers - always will.

BurghZ0n3
11-05-2007, 11:19 PM
....we miss him A LOT!!!

Petesburgh66
11-05-2007, 11:23 PM
was when Kornheiser kept saying "Joey Who". Ok, I will admit that Joey never had a night against Ogden that Harrison had, but there is no room for any talk of "Joey Who".

Let's leave it at that.

Agreed. There is no "Joey Who" in my books.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I had a few Ratbird fans come into work today talking about how we were gonna be missing Joey Porter tonight. I told them that after this game, they'll be saying "Joey Who?".

I also think Cornholler's comments had a lot to do with the media's preseason perception that the departure of Joey Porter was leaving a large, unfillable gap in the Steelers 3-4 defense that was paving the way for Tomlin to install a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense.

I think Porter was an excellent Steeler. I appreciate all the time, sweat, blood, tears, and sacks he gave us.

But to everyone who said we would miss him: JOEY WHO?

tony hipchest
11-05-2007, 11:26 PM

Let's leave it at that.2 bits of good news...

i think we will all get over it and joey did a fine job while he was here.

i can honestly say im glad to not see porter on the steelers and harrison as vrabel II on the patriots roster though.

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
what upset me was 1 rushing 1st down....only 3 2nd half points.....the oline was garbage AGAIN.....special teams gave up another long run....90 yds rushing on 39 carries for 2.3 avg......7 /17 on 3rd down.

thank god billick is an idiot and stuck with mcnair for so long.

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 11:31 PM
what upset me was 1 rushing 1st down....only 3 2nd half points.....the oline was garbage AGAIN.....special teams gave up another long run....90 yds rushing on 39 carries for 2.3 avg......7 /17 on 3rd down.

And Boller did so much better? What do people want? 50-0 blowouts every week? 300 yards on the ground every week? 600 yards through the air every week? Sheesh.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Willie has historically never been able to run on the Ravens. Maybe if Ngata and Gregg were out of the game I can see him having a huge game, but you gotta give the Ravens run defense their due. They can stop the run like nobodies business.

I think when we play teams like the Ravens, Davis' ass needs to be on the bench. Teams like Baltimore require a Dan Kreider type lead blocker, a guy who can blow that DE or LB up and spring the speedy back for a big game.

Parker isn't the type of runner that will just plow over a Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs. I am sorry, but Bettis is gone.

HometownGal
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Joey who? :flap:

I loved Joey as much as the next Steelers fan, but Silverback's performance tonight will shut up the naysayers who said early on in the season that he could never take Peezy's place.

Kornhumper didn't have anything better to talk about - he would have sounded like an even bigger jacka$$ if he had worshipped at the Ray Ray altar and I'm sure he was told pre-game to save his slobbering all over the Cheatsies for the privacy of his bedroom. I'm sure it just killed him to say anything positive about the Steelers past and present.

delhess
11-05-2007, 11:37 PM
joey was great. .....was.....

you know when you break up with a hot girl because she just isn't into you anymore, and then you regret it for a long time.

well, tonight we just met that new fox who makes you forget all about the x!

doesn't mean she wasn't hot, just isn't what you're thinking about tonight!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-05-2007, 11:38 PM

You have the #1 and #2 run defense on the field what did you think was going to happen? The raisins stopped the run and dared us to throw the ball, we did, they couldn't, we win we're moving on to Cleveland.

jjpro11
11-05-2007, 11:49 PM

we never run on baltimore.. its just the way it is.. next week though, parker will go off. just watch.

Petesburgh66
11-05-2007, 11:50 PM
As for the 3 second half points, the Steelers were content on running out the clock from the 3rd quarter on. Just because the Pats run up the score to the last minute of game doesn't mean the Steelers have to follow suit.

getyourhustleon14
11-05-2007, 11:55 PM
And Boller did so much better? What do people want? 50-0 blowouts every week? 300 yards on the ground every week? 600 yards through the air every week? Sheesh.

true, we all have to be at least happy they won

fansince'76
11-05-2007, 11:59 PM
true, we all have to be at least happy they won

Yes, not to mention winning quite easily against a team that historically has given us fits and completely owned us last year.

steel striker
11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Kornheiser has no idea about Joey Porter and, what he meant to us. I liked joey he really made me laugh and, I will always wish him well. To me he will always be a steeler. Plus your right Kornheiser is on the cheaters bandwagon just like he was on the colts bandwagon in 05. We all remember how that played out? Our 5 Super bowl championship.

jjpro11
11-06-2007, 12:33 AM
i hope this is his last season on mnf.. dissing a member of the steelers all-time team on the night that we celebrated that team was beyond terrible.

Preacher
11-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I think Kornheiser was actually responding to the fans...

When Porter was mentioned.. I turned to the guy next to me and asked, "Is he being booed?"

The guy chuckled and said, "Yeah, I think he is."

Borski
11-06-2007, 12:49 AM
I think you guys took it out of context, I think he was reffering to how Porter was the "lifeline" of our defense. Joey Who was mearly a way of saying that we dont need him anymore.

I loved Joey, but I am also glad we got rid of him when we did, look at his production this year.

paw-n-maul-u
11-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Willie has historically never been able to run on the Ravens. Maybe if Ngata and Gregg were out of the game I can see him having a huge game, but you gotta give the Ravens run defense their due. They can stop the run like nobodies business.

I think when we play teams like the Ravens, Davis' ass needs to be on the bench. Teams like Baltimore require a Dan Kreider type lead blocker, a guy who can blow that DE or LB up and spring the speedy back for a big game.

Parker isn't the type of runner that will just plow over a Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs. I am sorry, but Bettis is gone.

Kreider started, and dropped a TD, didnt he? i think Thats why davis made the roster/ was brought in. the least of my concerns is our FB, Willie went straight into a pile trying to grind it out all game. Some games he just disappears (althought that was a nice little dump off catch he had).

Galax Steeler
11-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Joey was a great player when he played for the steelers he was a true linebacker but with age and loosing a step it was time to get rid of him and put some young blood in there.

SCSTILLER
11-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Yeah, got a little ticked off about Kornheiser saying Joey Who! And I understand why we couldn't run on the Ratfinks D. They are a hell of a run stopping D!

Here is what ticked me off about last night! Ed Reed! He and his secondary (even though depleted) were getting burned all day. Reed fumbled a punt when Silverback crushed him, and also got JACKED UP by Ward. But he makes one interception on Batch's overthrown ball, and you have Jaworski with the teleprompter hyping him up. He was saying how smart Reed is, how he is a ball hawk, hell, I could have made that INT. It was a simple INT, that's it. Reed was getting burned all day, Ben was keeping him guessing, but I guess Jaw's needed something good to talk about with the Ravens!

PisnNapalm
11-06-2007, 07:10 AM

Let's leave it at that.

I was going to start a thread with this exact same thought. I do think it was time for Porter to leave, but I will not disrespect his history with the Steelers. He's an all-time Steeler and always will be.

I wanted to smash Kornhole in the teeth last night.

Porter is a big reason why the Steelers lifted Lombardi Trophy #5.

Lord Stiller
11-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I didn't think the "Joey Who" comment was a big deal. I took it as more of a compliment to Harrison rather than slighting Porter.

Steelers
11-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Without Joey, there is no fifth Lombardi. He'll always be a Steeler in my book, but it was definitely time to let him go.

SteelDogFan
11-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I have a question on something that bothered me, Did the Steelers run outside the tackles all night. I don't think I saw the Fullback lead power toss all night. As a matter of fact it seemed as though every running play was off guard and up the middle with no fullback.

Single back offenses never work against teams like the Ravens and the Pats there defensive lines get to much penetration on the snap of the ball You must have a fullback in the game to stop the first d-linemen or it will be like last night when the Steelers play NE.

Michael Keller
11-06-2007, 08:34 AM

Let's leave it at that.

YOu could not more correct. What position do you think Kornheiser played?

BurghZ0n3
11-06-2007, 09:21 AM
...The REAL one thing that upset me last night was....howcome we couldn't/ wouldn't score more in the 2nd half??? I'd like to see we score more than 50 for the very first time...I think that's possible enough. Last year we were slammed a "Shutout" TWICE....:jawdrop: I don't think we could score more than 30 on Dec 9 (if not much less :dang:). God help us....:helmet::tt02:

Jman
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Agreed - I appreciate Peezy's years with the Steelers - always will.

:iagree:

X-Terminator
11-06-2007, 09:25 AM
...The REAL one thing that upset me last night was....howcome we couldn't/ wouldn't score more in the 2nd half??? I'd like to see we score more than 50 for the very first time...I think that's possible enough. Last year we were slammed a "Shutout" TWICE....:jawdrop: I don't think we could score more than 30 on Dec 9 (if not much less :dang:). God help us....:helmet::tt02:

It's called respect for your opponent. We aren't the New England Patriots.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Agreed - it's a quaint little notion called "class."

BlastFurnace
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM

We will see the Ravens again and they have had their way with us in the past. No reason to win 50-0 when 38-7 sends the same message. The Steelers kept the pedal on the gas as long as the Ravens were still fighting on offense

klick81
11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I'll be honest: last night during the game, several of us at the spot said something along the lines the "Joey Who" comment, but we all had this look of "man, that was messed up" immediately after saying it.

We're loving Silverback, but Joey forever has our respect and appreciation as a Steeler.

BurghZ0n3
11-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, yeah...I guess you're right, X-Terminator........showing our class & respect to other opps. After all, we are B&G not THE ARMY OF DARKNESS :helmet::tt02::tt02::tt02::helmet:

CanadianSteel
11-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Still wear my Peezy jersey with pride.
He was a great Steeler and personality for sure, but I was glad to see the FO not make the same mistake signing him like they had done in the past IE:Gildon.

CanadianSteel
11-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Also forgot to mention that I kinda liked Kornheiser little monologue about the Steelers and what they represent vs the Cowboys etc...

He did this a couple times during the broadcast talking about the great Steeler teams and how football is menat to be played here (something like that anyhow)

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
As for the 3 second half points, the Steelers were content on running out the clock from the 3rd quarter on. Just because the Pats run up the score to the last minute of game doesn't mean the Steelers have to follow suit.

Totally agree. you could tell that's all we were trying to do. There's a couple of plays that we could have challenged but chose not to when you're up like that.

SCSTILLER
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Also forgot to mention that I kinda liked Kornheiser little monologue about the Steelers and what they represent vs the Cowboys etc...

He did this a couple times during the broadcast talking about the great Steeler teams and how football is menat to be played here (something like that anyhow)

Yeah, I heard the same thing, and he made some valid points. No other team in history has that many HOF players, and embodied what the city was at the time.

Jman
11-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I heard the same thing, and he made some valid points. No other team in history has that many HOF players, and embodied what the city was at the time.

Yes indeed.

Not a big fan of the MNF commentary, but last night had some flashes.

TackleMeBen
11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
at least they didnt slobber all over the pats/colts game during the steeler game.

Steeldude
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
i am glad porter is gone. he should have been cut 2 to 3 seasons earlier.

IDSteeler
11-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Your comment upsets me. O-line was garbage again? You should start rooting for the STL Rams. Maybe then you'll be able to appreciate a non-garbage line. Did you forget that the Steelers had the #2 rusher in the league coming in to week 9? Not to mention the 20 TD's Ben has tossed thus far. Only 3 points in the 2nd half. In the 2nd half we ran the ball then punted, eating up clock. If you want to see the score ran up go watch the Pats. We get the lead, secure it and put them away with the run. Garbage O Line? Are you kidding me?

Edman
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't call the O-Line and pass protection garbage especially after they did a good job handling the Ravens blitz which gave them hell last year.

If there is any O-Line that deserves to be lambasted after last night, it's the Ratbirds' O-Line. Big Casey and Silverback murdered that O-Line last night.

Steeldude
11-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Your comment upsets me. O-line was garbage again? You should start rooting for the STL Rams. Maybe then you'll be able to appreciate a non-garbage line. Did you forget that the Steelers had the #2 rusher in the league coming in to week 9? Not to mention the 20 TD's Ben has tossed thus far. Only 3 points in the 2nd half. In the 2nd half we ran the ball then punted, eating up clock. If you want to see the score ran up go watch the Pats. We get the lead, secure it and put them away with the run. Garbage O Line? Are you kidding me?

idsteeler, if you don't see that the steelers O-line is garbage then you really don't watch the games. try watching simmons for the rest of the season.