PDA

View Full Version : Who else is still worried about Ben's injury?

FastWillieParker39
11-06-2007, 12:50 AM
It seems that Ben is fine as he came in for the next drive, took a sack and got up with ease. It did look bad though and I was very worried.

Now I'm getting sort of worried about this. I'm getting worried because I've seen Ben have a minor injury, then worsen it the next week. You know the Browns will go after that right leg of his and try to take it out. Thats my concern, it getting worse in next weeks game and beyond.

However, it coulda just been a stinger that isn't really anything. He didn't seem hurt after he was throwing after the sidelines.

But yea I'm still a little worried about Ben. He gets hurt every single freakin year and I'm afraid that leg or hip injury could worsen as he gets hit more.

Steelman16
11-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I think he'll be fine, as long as he goes about this next week like a "football junkie" and "professional" like Tomlin says he is. Kinda looked and sounded like he just wanted to make a statement by going back in on that one play. Like "I'm a bit down, but I ain't out."

Personally, I'm concerned, but not too worried over it. I'm gonna bask in the awesomeness of the tonights game for another few days.

steel striker
11-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Hopefully it is just a bad bruise like Ben said after the game. I agree we can't have him getting hurt my god he is making some nice plays out there.

getyourhustleon14
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Ben looked great, i'm not worried about the lil injury...

Bedo1234
11-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Ben was incredible tonight, most quarterbacks escape pressure and dump it to a rb or a te. Ben throws touchdowns, we don't need a hip to make him lose that mobility cuz our OL isn't good enough to protect Ben.

Black@Gold Forever32
He is fine and I'm sure he will play next week.....He came back in the game which I didn't agree with....No need to have him out there after being hurt in a blow out....But Ben proved once again he is a tough SOB....

FastWillieParker39
He is going to feel some stifness tommorrow though. It may be a little bruise but it could be worse. He probably won't practice a whole lot this week but he should be ready to go on Sunday to burn the Brownies!:tt02:

ThaTank43
11-06-2007, 01:02 AM
it was cold out and it didnt look to bad when he went down so i think its just a stinger.

HometownGal
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Ben didn't look worried and neither did Tomlin, so why should we worry? Ben's a tough young man - he'll do whatever he has to do to be ready for the Clowns next week. :thumbsup:

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 01:28 AM
If Ben didn't come back into the game to test himself out, then yes I would be worried. Some goes for Haggans.

Preacher
11-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Ben seemed pretty sore when he came off the field...

I was shocked to see him get up and start tossing the ball around... Not so shocked to see him go in the game after that.

But what a great game by him.

Boomerang
11-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Ben is going great and our O has a great balance where when the run is slowed we go through the air and vice versa.:tt02:

Galax Steeler
11-06-2007, 04:52 AM
He's a tough competiter and I think we will see him next week vs the brownies.

FastWillieParker39
11-06-2007, 07:29 AM
Ben didn't look worried and neither did Tomlin, so why should we worry? Ben's a tough young man - he'll do whatever he has to do to be ready for the Clowns next week. :thumbsup:

Yea I will admit that after he went out there no one really worried about it. I think I'm gonna believe Ben in that it's just bruise and he'll be fine.

alittlejazzbird
11-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Ben said he's "fine," which is what I would expect him to say even if he's really hurting (which I'll bet he is this morning!). The kid is tough as they make 'em. I just wish we didn't have a short week this week.

klick81
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
He just needs to sit out a couple days of practice...give Charlie some extra reps.

cubanstogie
11-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I couldn't believe he was back in the game. I assume Ben begged to get back in so it wouldn't appear the Ravens knocked him out of game. His way of getting up before the ten count. I didn't hear anyone mention late hit though. That was my first reaction. That was totally unavoidable in my view. Tirico and Cornhole kept stating it looked benign. It looked fairly benign I'll admit, but definitely late.

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I couldn't believe he was back in the game. I assume Ben begged to get back in so it wouldn't appear the Ravens knocked him out of game. His way of getting up before the ten count. I didn't hear anyone mention late hit though. That was my first reaction. That was totally unavoidable in my view. Tirico and Cornhole kept stating it looked benign. It looked fairly benign I'll admit, but definitely late.

A Baltimore Sun columnist agrees

Roethlisberger had to leave the game with 6:02 left in the third quarter after being pushed down by Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs.

Suggs didn't get a penalty, but he should have. It was definitely a cheap shot, and a late hit. I understand the emotion of the Ravens-Steelers rivalry, but all the talking, pushing and fighting was too much after a while.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston06nov06,0,5412206.column?page=2

That is the sort of chippiness both sides display for this rivalry. Will be interested to see if it changes when Billick & Lewis & Hines are gone from the scene.

TackleMeBen
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
I am not too worried about the injury. we all know how persuasive ben can be when he really wants to get back in a game...hopefully the injury isnt bad and it wont effect the game against the browns.

SteelerFanInCA
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm sure he will be just fine. At 241 lbs and landing on his side like that, I can only imagine it stings just a little bit. I'm thinking he should be good to go this week.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Ben said he's "fine," which is what I would expect him to say even if he's really hurting (which I'll bet he is this morning!). The kid is tough as they make 'em. I just wish we didn't have a short week this week.

Agreed - Ben is sometimes too tough for his own good. He said he was "fine" almost immediately after the surgery following the accident and immediately following the emergency appendectomy. I hope he takes it a bit easier this week as a precaution.

TackleMeBen
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Agreed - Ben is sometimes too tough for his own good. He said he was "fine" almost immediately after the surgery following the accident and immediately following the emergency appendectomy. I hope he takes it a bit easier this week as a precaution.

:iagree: hopefully after they run some test on him and see how bad the injury is or isnt tomlin will decide on whether to practice him or not ...

GeneralRobinson
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
We should be finding out any minute now.

steelpride12
11-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I am def. worried cuz im going to the Browns game next week and i want a helthy Ben to destroy them!

HometownGal
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm just listening now to clips of Coach Tomlin from his press conference today and he said that Ben simply has a "hip contusion (bruise)". He said he is fine and probably won't practice tomorrow, but he fully expects him to play on Sunday against the Clowns. :tt02::thumbsup:

TroysBadDawg
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Stop calling us the clowns I stopped calling you the stoolers.:flap::wave:

Oh wait we play yinz this week week don't we? I take that back, your back to the stoolers, or was that the squellers.

The Duke
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Stop calling us the clowns I stopped calling you the stoolers.:flap::wave:

Oh wait we play yinz this week week don't we? I take that back, your back to the stoolers, or was that the squellers.

you can also call us champions :tt02:

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM

:chuckle:

steelwolf21
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
A Baltimore Sun columnist agrees

Roethlisberger had to leave the game with 6:02 left in the third quarter after being pushed down by Ravens defensive end Terrell Suggs.

Suggs didn't get a penalty, but he should have. It was definitely a cheap shot, and a late hit. I understand the emotion of the Ravens-Steelers rivalry, but all the talking, pushing and fighting was too much after a while.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston06nov06,0,5412206.column?page=2

That is the sort of chippiness both sides display for this rivalry. Will be interested to see if it changes when Billick & Lewis & Hines are gone from the scene.

Yeah in Britain the announcer on Channel 5 agreed, I can't recall his name for the life of me, but he's the best guy we have, honestely the people on Sky are awful... But anyway, after seeing a few replays he said much they same thing, at first it looks rather beniegn, but in fact Suggs takes a full two and a half steps after Ben releases the ball and then pushes him to the ground, the technical defiinition of a late him by NFL rules, but at the time, at full speed, it didn't look so bad so he was fine with the ref not calling it, an opinion I sorta agree on, though I had flashes of a second half of the season struggle flashing through my mind till I saw Ben up and throwing on the sideline!

iloveben7
11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
To tell you the truth, I was really scared and worried about Ben's injury last night at the game, right after it happened. I was looking in my dad's binoculars the entire time Ben was laying on the field. I thougt it was worse than it actually was. I'm not worried anymore because all Tomlin and Ben said was that it was a bruise and he'll be taking it easy tomorrow, so he'll be back for Cleveland.

GeneralRobinson
11-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if he fully participated in practice today?

FastWillieParker39
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/84013/

Looks like he did practice today. Whats up with Holmes hammy?

JDB in N.C.
11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I think Ben will be fine, he's a tough competitor.

The O-line needs to do a better job protecting him though.

FastWillieParker39
11-08-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Ben will be fine, he's a tough competitor.

The O-line needs to do a better job protecting him though.

Well it's a good thing the Browns have the least amount of sacks in the NFL with 7

GeneralRobinson
11-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Ben and Willie practiced. Hopefully the training staff is just being cautious with Santonio and he'll be ready to play on Sunday.

Roethlisberger and running back Willie Parker returned to practice Thursday. Wide receiver Santonio Holmes, who's been bothered by a bruised quad, did not work out on Thursday.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14544390/detail.html

JDB in N.C.
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Well it's a good thing the Browns have the least amount of sacks in the NFL with 7

Thats right!!!!

Good for us, aye??!!!

Ben needs to be 100% come Dec-9 when WE stop the patsies from going undefeated!!!!

NV STEELERS 723
11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT BIG BEN.