PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ray Lewis

Da Steeler Soprano
11-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Did anyone see his postgame interview on ESPN? I couldnt make out too much of what he was saying like always but he pretty much stated that we didnt beat the Ravens, that they beat themselves? And that Parker and Davenport didnt run for more then twenty yards on the ground and we only scored 3 points in the second half, and that when we go to Baltimore they will have everyone healthy and will destroy us. Im not gonna even pull out that stats cause everyone watched the game and after reading this you are probably either falling out of your seat laughing or smashing the nearest object next to you in outrage due the the complete lack of disrespect.

We will see you in Baltimore Week16 there Ray Ray, and I bet you your season is loooong over before then. Go Bunguls next week!

jjpro11
11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
i saw... i didnt know what the hell he was trying to say half the time. he would start saying something and after rambling a bit, none of it seemed to make any sense. its gotta be scary for those reporters trying to interview someone talking so out of control and who who coincidentally is a double murderer.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Its funny he talks about the Steelers having the short field after the turn overs....The Ravens scored their only TD tonight after great field position after a penalty on a punt by the Steelers......lol Ray Ray is such a scum bag and I really have no respect for the man....He knows he is done and his team is done so he has to whine like a little girl......Teams are supposed to score TDs after having a short field and the Steelers did that tonight......So have a nice tall glass of STFU Ray and retire since your done....What a tool...lol

getyourhustleon14
11-06-2007, 01:03 AM
He's just cranky that they got their asses handed to them, let him be ...

Edman
11-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Thank you Ray Lewis for the bulletin board material.

You would think that after tonight's ass whooping the Steelers put on the Rats, he would keep his mouth shut. Yeah, the Steelers were held to 3 points in the second half. But that was more due to the Steelers grinding out the clock as usual, not your D. What's your excuse for the first half, Ray? Short field excuse or not, Ben made the Ravens D his bitch. If your D is so damned awesome, you would've stopped us. Run or Pass.

Good Lord, I wish the Steelers ran up the score on these ****ers and not squeeze the clock out.

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Scoreboard, you murdering, overrated douchebag.

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 01:06 AM
ray seems to forget last years games. this game was won the same way they one last year. sacks and turnovers. and a coach who didn't make adjustments.

MACH1
11-06-2007, 01:08 AM
He had those crazy eyes, I was waiting for him to pull a knife and take out a couple reporters.

Pentheon
11-06-2007, 01:10 AM
He makes it seem like they just gave us the ball. We were in the right positions at the right times, stripped the ball, etc.

He talks about the offense, but what did their D do? Nothing, if it was all about short fields, then their defenses job is to hold us to field goals.

someones just mad they got there asses handed to them on both sides of the field.

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 01:11 AM
He must have brain damage for not realizing the Steelers were starting to run out the clock half way in the 3rd quarter. Pretty easy to stuff the box when you know they are going to run for that purpose. Oh and your so called great D gave up 5 TDs in the RAIN and when the game mattered. So shut the **** up and take loss like a man instead of making weak excuses.

Bottom line: Ray Lewis is a piece of shit that should be in jail. I could care less what he has to say or any of the pre-game shit he does.

And week 17 isn't going to matter. The Ravens will be done like dinner way before this time.

steel striker
11-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Thats right Ray has a very short memory and, took advantage of the turnovers just like a good team should. Unlike some teams with a big lead in the second half we just slow the game down with running ball and, it does not matter how much rushing yards you gain. What matters is that you hold on to the ball. All the ratbirds have is a front line defense not much else. Plus we out hit them tonight as well come on Ray wake and smell the coffee! The Steelers just laid the smack down on ya!

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 01:15 AM
I think the dumbass is still woozy after getting knocked on his ass by Hines. :toofunny:

Steelerstrength
11-06-2007, 01:21 AM
He must have brain damage for not realizing the Steelers were starting to run out the clock half way in the 3rd quarter. Pretty easy to stuff the box when you know they are going to run for that purpose. Oh and your so called great D gave up 5 TDs in the RAIN and when the game mattered. So shut the **** up and take loss like a man instead of making weak excuses.

Bottom line: Ray Lewis is a piece of shit that should be in jail. I could care less what he has to say or any of the pre-game shit he does.

And week 17 isn't going to matter. The Ravens will be done like dinner way before this time.

:iagree: even that mini announcer was trying to give credit to the Rats for holding the Steelers in the 2nd half. Please get someone who knows SOMETHING about Steelers football when working the game!

billybob
11-06-2007, 01:23 AM
the problem is that ray wishes he was a steeler.he trashed willie,and the port,but we did not even utilize them.ray just wishes he was one of us!!!!!!!!!!

Steel_Bus_24
11-06-2007, 01:45 AM
ahh...the talk of the loser...suck this one in Ray

Preacher
11-06-2007, 02:06 AM
Wow...

He takes credit because the STEELERS showed class and didn't drive up the score?

You know... I think I will actually root for the Pats to score 80 points one game this year.

billybob
11-06-2007, 02:19 AM
i just hope tomlin ain't tippin his hand just yet of what we are capable of doing.i think there is a whole lot more to come.tomlin is like superman on the sideline.he lets his coaches handle the game.it is almost unreal.i never saw a coach yet,handle things the way he does.but i like how all his coaches are right next to him on the sideline,and not up in some booth.

Preacher
11-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Scoreboard, you murdering, overrated douchebag.

Really... How do you feel? :sofunny:

Galax Steeler
11-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Let ray whine all he wants to he knows what we did to them last night we know we won so let him make excuses all he wants.

Lord Stiller
11-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Ray Lewis is a douchebag

He looked like he was having a nervous breakdown in the post game interview

Mosca
11-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Ray is a douchebag, but I bet Tomlin agrees with him. I would have been a lot happier with that blowout if we'd have dictated to them more on the ground. The Raven's D-line and linebackers played tough.

We are going to have to be a lot better than that if we want to take it into February.

HometownGal
11-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Stabbit Ray called out his own coach last week - shows you what a classless piece of rat feces he is. :poop:

Watch the game film, knifer, and you will clearly see what total domination and annihilation is. :muhaha:

GeneralRobinson
11-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Ray Lewis' post-game quotes from the Steelers website. Read it and laugh. The questions are more funny than his quotes.

Ray Lewis

What was your reaction to this performance?

It’s easy; I don’t care how much rest that you have or how prepared you are, if you come in and turn the ball over that many times and give them that many short fields you will never win a football game. It’s one thing to say they beat the heck out of us and it’s another thing to keep giving it to them on the thirty yard-line, thirty yard-line, thirty yard-line. Whole first half they were on the thirty yard-line. The second half they had three points. It’s simple; you cannot do that and play championship football. The beautiful thing is that we lost to Cleveland, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh at their home. Big deal you are supposed to win those games at home. Bottom line, now those same teams have to come to Baltimore. For me, football season is just getting started and for us football season is just getting started.

Am I missing something? It was 38-7.

Yeah, and you played on three short fields. It’s football. It’s football. Make people beat you. Don’t give them games. This is the National Football League and you cannot make that many mistakes and play championship football. You can look at the score and see 38 and that’s easy, but you look at the second half and they only got three points and the leading rusher in the NFL has 20, 30 yards on 27 or 30 carries, that is when you want to invite people to come to Baltimore. I’m excited because sooner or later we are going to get everybody back. The bottom line is that you can’t make that many mistakes in championship football.

But you only scored seven points.

Hey, I play defense. I got trapped in that before. I play defense. Willie Parker had nothing on the ground. Najeh Davenport had nothing on the ground. That’s it, that’s it.

How do you change your mistakes?

It’s not changing any mistakes it is not giving the ball away to people. It isn’t hard. That is why I have always kept the philosophy that you play the way that you practice.

Do you turn it over in practice?

No, but I’m just saying that you play the way that you practice.

http://monitor.isa/512992312/513590752T071106090836.txt.binXMysM0dapplication/mswordXsysM0dhttp://www.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/11/05/22/Steelers-Ravens_Quotes_84135.doc

Mosca
11-06-2007, 09:34 AM
LOL, Tomlin's response to the same question:

"We don’t live in woulda-coulda-shoulda football, even when things happen negatively to us. That’s how the game is played and you move on."

GeneralRobinson
11-06-2007, 10:07 AM
As Levon Kirkland would say, "If an "if" was a fifth, we'd all be drunk".

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Hey, I play defense. I got trapped in that before. I play defense. Willie Parker had nothing on the ground. Najeh Davenport had nothing on the ground. That?s it, that?s it.

Funny, no mention of the name Roethlisberger in there. Or Holmes. Or Ward. Or Washington. Wonder why? Go stab someone, you'll feel better. Clown.

SteelersMongol
11-06-2007, 10:12 AM
He had those crazy eyes, I was waiting for him to pull a knife and take out a couple reporters.

ha ha ha :toofunny: nice.

Jeremy
11-06-2007, 10:13 AM
To paraphrase AC/DC:

If you want blood next time Ray, you got it bitch.

SteelersMongol
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM
i'm sorry, but does he actually know the word PHILOSOPHY? cuz i just saw him using it.

Virginia Steeler
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then we'd all have a Merry Christmas....

That was an old fashioned beat down....Ray can make excuses all day, the score isn't going to change

And Ray, the Steelers did only score 3 in the second half, but your Ravens scored ZERO. 3 > 0. Not to mention the Steelers were already up 28 at half time.

Did anyone else catch Mel Blount calling the Ravens pathetic?

BlastFurnace
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Remember when the Steelers destroyed the Ravens in the playoffs in 2001. Ray Ray was on ESPN in some crazy looking jacket after the game making all kinds of excuses as to why the Steelers just kicked the tar out of them.

Personally, I think it's ok to be p!ssed off after a loss...but give the other team credit where credit is due.

memphissteelergirl
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Remember when the Steelers destroyed the Ravens in the playoffs in 2001. Ray Ray was on ESPN in some crazy looking jacket after the game making all kinds of excuses as to why the Steelers just kicked the tar out of them.

Personally, I think it's ok to be p!ssed off after a loss...but give the other team credit where credit is due.

Yeah, well...to do that implies that you have some degree of class, a concept GayRay has no clue about.

klick81
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM

I saw that too man! I was worried for those reporters.

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
My brother and me moved down to the lower section behind the Ratbirds bench. It was fun heckling Gay Ray, Bart Scoot and Sluggs!

CanadianSteel
11-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Last year Ravens handed it to us, yet we manned up and players coaches stated the truth that we got "bitch" slapped. Have some pride and be a gracious looser. Sick of hearing Carson Plamer say the same crap "we feel we are the better team" or " we are loosing to inferior teams" STFU and man up !

Funny stuff - loved the last question after Ray's babelling...
It?s not changing any mistakes it is not giving the ball away to people. It isn?t hard. That is why I have always kept the philosophy that you play the way that you practice.

Do you turn it over in practice?

IamTheSteelGod
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
They had an healthy Offence, s**t head.

CanadianSteel
11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
My brother and me moved down to the lower section behind the Ratbirds bench. It was fun heckling Gay Ray, Bart Scoot and Sluggs!

Just wondering Stlrs4Life - did you get reaction from any of the Ravens players ?

Seems like they are the types of hoodlums that would spout back at you .....

Stlrs4Life
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Just wondering Stlrs4Life - did you get reaction from any of the Ravens players ?

Seems like they are the types of hoodlums that would spout back at you .....

No Gay Ray wouldn't turn around, but we got a few laughs and reactions from Sluggs and Scott. I told Bart that I would have slapped my mom and dad for naming me "Bart"! LOL!

STEELtownHAVOX
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM
ray lewis was quoted, "The Steelers are what we thought they were. Th-they're what we thought they were...the Steelers are who we thought they were! That’s why we took the damn field! Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook! "

cubanstogie
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
When Ray mumbles all this crap, he appears to be blaming everyone but himself for the fiasco. Thinking he is responsible for the run game only and it was shut down so he did his job. What a selfish prick. Thats why a balanced offense is important. Ironic thing is usually Ben is labeled a game manager, and last night he went out and won it with his arm and scrambling ability and now they brag they stopped the run. You can't win. I was much happier seeing Ben play great than establishing the run. Ben's confidence soared after last night big time. With the Ravens' remaining schedule, I agree with another poster the last game of season will be meaningless for them except for pride.

SteelerFanInCA
11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
What a clown this guy is. Ray ray, you guys got your assess handed to you. It's plain and simple.

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Did anyone else catch Mel Blount calling the Ravens pathetic?

I did! When he said it on the sidline, at first, I did a double take and a "WTF???" Then I laughed. He called it like he saw it. They WERE pathetic, that's for sure.

That was an awesome quote!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::cheers:

memphissteelergirl
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
I did! When he said it on the sidline, at first, I did a double take and a "WTF???" Then I laughed. He called it like he saw it. They WERE pathetic, that's for sure.

I caught that too, along with the other Steeler fans I was with. Oh, how we laughed! :sofunny:

BritishSteel
11-06-2007, 03:05 PM
His just bitching because Hines put a bigger hit on Ed Reed than any of the Ravens put on any of our players. Yeah, that's right you whining bitch, our WR out-smacks your whole defence. Whimper all you like about field position, this is the sum of your teams second half possession. punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt. Somehow, Cracktown doesn't seem much of a threat when your only effective player is your punter.

Though feel free to keep providing us with motivational material.

steelpride12
11-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Sorry not suprised at all that he complaned and said about 5 times "just wait till them come in our house" well not once did he finish that statement with by us getting whooped by Steelers again!?

stillers4ever
11-06-2007, 04:39 PM
was i the only one who noticed that willie parker laid a huge block on ray lewis on the first TD pass to holmes? Parker didn't lay him out but he took 98 percent of the forward motion that ray had coming. i thought it was the biggest play of the night.

The Duke
11-06-2007, 04:53 PM
was i the only one who noticed that willie parker laid a huge block on ray lewis on the first TD pass to holmes? Parker didn't lay him out but he took 98 percent of the forward motion that ray had coming. i thought it was the biggest play of the night.

I say it, Ray Gay was in disbelief .willie has definitely improved his blocking, if he can't get it going on the ground at least he helps the blocking and passing game

IDSteeler
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Ray is like one of those 80's bands still trying to hang on to something. Give it up old man. Your five tackles last night were clearly not enough. It brings me great pleasure to be able to watch Ray's last game/loss as a pro on December 30th. What will you say then Ray?

CanadianSteel
11-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Forgot all about that and that was a great pick up by fast willie. Also nice to see him smiling on the sidelines near the end even when things were not going his way with the run game ! Total team player and improving with his blitz pick up also.
Just need to worjka few sucessful screens or dump off's to him during those types of games.

steelwolf21
11-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Ray is like one of those 80's bands still trying to hang on to something. Give it up old man. Your five tackles last night were clearly not enough. It brings me great pleasure to be able to watch Ray's last game/loss as a pro on December 30th. What will you say then Ray?

Exactly, all ray's BS that he doesn't play offense and he can't help it if the Steelers had such short field positions the first half is exactly that BS! Hey here's an idea Ray instead of bitching and moaning about the other half of the team why don't you go out and create some turnovers?????? Oh that 's right I forgot you left your zimmerframe on the freakin bus. Simple fact is, their D could've turned the ball over as well they didn't, why? Cos they weren't as good. Why didn't they strip Parker the way the Samoan Devil stripped mcGAYhee? Because Parker was the better player, he held onto the ball in the rain just like Big Ben. They had their chances for takeaways, they got to Big Ben a couple of times, and had chances to tackle Parker, notice the lack of turnovers (Batch's garbage time INT excluded) WHY? CAUSE THE STEELERS ARE BETTER!:tt02:

PalmerSteel
11-06-2007, 08:04 PM
he looked soo crazy in that interview. he reminded me of a guy that just murdered someone and got brought in for questioning and he is trying to laugh it off but he cant hide his emotions. yeah we got short field postions, but supposedly a "great" defense prevents them from scoring TD's every time!

iloveben7
11-06-2007, 08:07 PM

I agreee with you.
I laughed when he said we could only score 3 points in the 2nd half-well buddy we want to run out the clock and who cares if we score again, we are winning by 31 points.

And the Ravens handed us the game? I don't think so, why couldn't he and the rest of the defense sack Ben? Maybe Ben is just too good for them.

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Ray-Ray was giving the same sort of interview Hines and Porter were giving last year when the Steelers were 2-6.

You notice he wasn't explaining how to deal with the Colts and New England on the schedule as well - Lewis knows both this season and his era are done.

tony hipchest
11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Ray-Ray was giving the same sort of interview Hines and Porter were giving last year when the Steelers were 2-6.

You notice he wasn't explaining how to deal with the Colts and New England on the schedule as well - Lewis knows both this season and his era are done.ray-ray will retire a patriot...

...just watch.

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 09:35 PM

All I remember is that Blount called the Ravens offense an embrassment to the NFL.

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
ray-ray will retire a patriot...

...just watch.

I wouldn't bet against it.

Edman
11-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Baltimore Ravens excuse machine.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/multimedia/multimediacenter.aspx?id=24138

GeneralRobinson
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
I hate to be the disenting voice, but weren't we that same posters that sat here last year and complained about how nobody beat us and we gave games to everyone.

Sounds like the standard job description of a fan to me (lol).

I wish there was a You Tube video of Ray's rant. The snippets I've seen have been hilarious. I love the part where his voice goes up a million octives talking about "Don't turn the ball over". We need this immortalized for posterity. Plus, I need a good laugh every now an then.

ChronoCross
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
so many threads on crying ravens.. ill just stick my two cents in hear..

They think they will get revenge last game of the season. I agree they will maybe. By then they will have suffered 5 losses in the div and we most likely will be starting batch and the 2nd and 3rd string guys getting ready for the playoffs.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Thank you for the translation. I saw the interview, but I didn't understand anymore than "Baltimore" and a couple other words here and there. Tough to get mad at a guy when you can't understand what he's saying.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
I hate to be the disenting voice, but weren't we that same posters that sat here last year and complained about how nobody beat us and we gave games to everyone.

No, only 4 games - Cincy, Denver, Atlanta, and Oakland. Those games WERE gift-wrapped giveaways. The other 4 we lost, we lost straight up.

bjblack1
11-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know if that interview has been uploaded online anywhere? I have been looking for it to watch it again, but haven't been able to find it.

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Poor Ray Lewis, He is a fantastic player, and he does love the game. You have to respect that. But as he is out there, dying for his team, playing his guts out and being picked up on blitzes by a running back half his size...the rest of his team is choking on dog crap and spitting in his face.

I feel for Ray, seriously I do. Its like watching that old gladiator try to come out against some young studs and be treated the way he was when he was Champion. So sad, the truth is you ain't gonna win it all again Ray while you're a Raven...

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Poor Ray Lewis, He is a fantastic player, and he does love the game. You have to respect that.

Sorry, Dino, but I don't have any respect for a two-bit murderer who makes excuses for himself and his sorry, pathetic team when they get their hineys handed to them.

ricksteelers55
11-08-2007, 05:26 AM
The thing I dont understand about the Ravens is that they are proud to say that we only scored 3 pts in the 2nd half but what they dont realize is that they scored 0.So they still lose the 2nd half,even with us eating the clock.

These guys are a bunch of purple she-males

BurghZ0n3
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
The thing I dont understand about the Ravens is that they are proud to say that we only scored 3 pts in the 2nd half but what they dont realize is that they scored 0.So they still lose the 2nd half,even with us eating the clock.

These guys are a bunch of purple she-males

...and 7 pts in the 1st half were only...the give away! We could score more if we would....but we ain't got the heart :hug: :tt02:

SteelersXLBettis
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
That's just it ricksteelers55, we shut them out in the second half. Ray's a chump.