PDA

View Full Version : Two things I was disappointed in last night...

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey all,

I have two gripes about a phenomenal game last night.

First was the ESPN post game. Young just really REALLY got on my nerves. I thought that Emmitt did a great job of counteracting him, but all of this Patriots love has GOT to stop. Don't they realize that there are 31 other markets out there that couldn't give a flying FIG about the Pats? Yep, they are good, no doubt, but STFU already. He also went on and on about how the Steelers weren't that good, but that the Ravens were THAT bad. Why is it that they just can't give the devil his due and actually say something good about that blow out on the Steelers part...

Second, why were the stands empty at the beginning of the fourth quarter??? :pissed::pissed: Many of you know, I live up in Packer Country. The Pack has had blow out games like this, and I can tell you, even in 10 degree weather, 95% of the fans are there until the final kneeldown and are just as rowdy. Why did everyone leave. I know, I know...it was raining and windy...SO WHAT... :cheer::cheer::tt02::tt02:Stay there and cheer on your team. :tt02::tt02::tt02::cheer: Let them know how much you love this game and love your team. When ESPN was getting towards the end of their postgame report from the stadium, they were TURNING OFF THE LIGHTS! That was because the clean up crew was DONE because they could start with cleanup with about 10 minutes left in the game. Come on...show your support and STICK AROUND!!!

Sorry for the rant after what was an AWESOME game. I can't wait for the Browns next week and for the Pats game on the 9th!!! AWESOME!!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Mike in La Crosse, WI

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
ESPN: Egregious Sucking off of the Patriots Network.

X-Terminator
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
I understand how you feel about the fans leaving, Mike, but most of those fans likely had to get up early for work today and couldn't stick around until after midnight. I won't criticize them for that.

Infamix
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
The Steelers just don't get media love, plain and simple. It's because you don't see the orginization doing flashy things, making huge signings, inviting the media into the draft rooms, etc. Not to mention the whooping half of these analysists recieved from the 70s Steelers dynasty.

As far as Steve Young, I thought he was alright? Emmit was the one kind of putting the Steelers off http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3095726&n8pe6c=2&categoryId=2459789

STEELtownHAVOX
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
yeh i noticed the stadium was definately emptying early. Whats up with that people????

BlastFurnace
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
I get more irritated when the 2nd half begins at Heinz and it seems like 50% of the people are not in their seats. All I see is yellow.

Every game I have ever been to, I have been in my seat the entire game. Bathroom breaks, food breaks, talking with old friends, etc can wait until after the game.

By the way...I loved seeing Cowher out there pumping it up with his old defense before the game began. He may not be our coach any longer, but he is still "family".

IDSteeler
11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree with you about the empty seats. Maybe its because I live in Idaho and only get to make "special" trips to the Burgh, but when I get to go to a game I am there 2-4 hours before and after the last game I attended I think they made me leave :) Rain or shine, support the Steelers until the final whistle. Our boys are still on the field. Its the least we can do.

Edman
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
yeh i noticed the stadium was definately emptying early. Whats up with that people????

Start of Work Week.
School Night.
Blow Out Win.
Ben sat down for the game.
Bad Weather.

Take your pick. Steeler fans have personal lives you know.

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
So, Packer fans don't have lives? (wait, don't answer that...I already know the answer to that)...

I have always heard (and I believe) that the Steelers have some of the best fans in the industry. I just would have liked it if they stayed to cheer their boys on until the closing whistle in front of a national audience...

Hey, if that is all I can complain about, then we had a GOOD week!

Steelers never get any love from the media...OH well, I'll take Lombardi trophies over media love all day long!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Steelers
11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
I had a midterm exam at 9:30 this morning, but I stayed until the end.

However, I can see why some people would leave during that blowout.

STEELtownHAVOX
11-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Start of Work Week.
School Night.
Blow Out Win.
Ben sat down for the game.
Bad Weather.

Take your pick. Steeler fans have personal lives you know.

Funny you mention all that. I live in Maryland, will be going to the Monday night game against the Dolphins. WILL stay for the entire game, and drive back to Maryland. Wake up, with about 2 hours of sleep and then go to work on time. Took my pick, you just didn't list it. And I'm not Superman, lol. No hard feelings, I'm just not going to waste my money that's all.

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
i'm sure more would have stayed if pittsburgh was actually trying to score. they threw the ball,what? 4 -5 times in the 2nd half? i'm sure watching the same running play go no where for an hour and a half got a little boring. unless of course you enjoy watching dueling punters....:coffee:

steelpride12
11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree i have been to several Steeler shutouts and have no reason to leave till the clock says 0:00 on it!

memphissteelergirl
11-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Steelers never get any love from the media...OH well, I'll take Lombardi trophies over media love all day long!!!

There ya go!! :thumbsup:

Hines0wnz
11-06-2007, 03:20 PM
ESPN: Egregious Sucking off of the Patriots Network.

*classic*

SEMP
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I didn't like the idea of Cower being down on the field. You just don't do that to the guy who replaced you, in his first year at the helm. I don't believe Coach Noll was down on the field around the players in Coach Cowers first year. To me it just seems like bad ettiquite by both the former coach and team management for the invite.

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I didn't like the idea of Cower being down on the field. You just don't do that to the guy who replaced you, in his first year at the helm. I don't believe Coach Noll was down on the field around the players in Coach Cowers first year. To me it just seems like bad ettiquite by both the former coach and team management for the invite.:jawdrop:...i bet he was stealing signals for future reference !!!!

Preacher
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
I didn't like the idea of Cower being down on the field. You just don't do that to the guy who replaced you, in his first year at the helm. I don't believe Coach Noll was down on the field around the players in Coach Cowers first year. To me it just seems like bad ettiquite by both the former coach and team management for the invite.

I would normally agree... but with the kind of night it was... and with Noll coming out a few weeks ago, I don't mind.

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 09:46 PM
it was cold and I'd rather be sleeping, or drinking, or nailing a hot chick.
http://http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1064/2002thehotchickwallpapetg9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Stu Pidasso
11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
$300 for 2 tickets, you bet yer ass I'm in my seat the whole game.

Preacher
11-06-2007, 09:56 PM
$300 for 2 tickets, you bet yer ass I'm in my seat the whole game.

I sure was!!!!!!!!!

But if you get them at face value... well.... thats a different story.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, for one thing, nobody left their seat at halftime Monday. The stadium was 90% full for the 75th team ceremony. But every stadium empties out at halftime, not just Pittsburgh's. It fills back up quickly after the 2nd half kickoff.

I left midway through the 4th. But I have a lot of good reasons. I pay face value. The game was over, and it was obvious the Steelers were in conservative mode. I had a shoot to be at early the next morning, and the drive is like 2 1/2 hours. Finally, it was cold, and I got drenched on the way in.

When I looked back across the bridge, the stadium was 90% empty, and that was a little weird.

onebadaries
11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
A group of friends and I have been flying in from California to catch a home game the last ten years. We always get tickets on the fifty yard line lower level, so after paying $450 a seat there was no way I was going to get up. This is the first monday night game I've been to in Pittsgurgh and what a doozy. But one thing, I don't know how you East coast fans do it, Monday night games don't end untill around midnight, there must be alot of people showing up to work late on tuesdays during the season

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
ya the fans leaving is kinda d-head but u can't blame 'em it got really boring after the 3rd quarter...