PDA

View Full Version : Time Changed for Patriots-Steelers Game

alittlejazzbird
11-06-2007, 02:49 PM
You heard it here first:

The Steelers' Dec. 9 game against the New England Patriots on Dec. 9 has been moved from 1 to 4:15 p.m. as part of the flexible scheduling the NFL employs after the 10th week of the season.
The flexibility in scheduling allows CBS and FOX to get better games in the late afternoon slots.

The Steelers-Patriots game in New England is shaping up to be a big one. The Patriots are 9-0 and could still be undefeated when the 6-2 Steelers visit them.

The game will be televised by CBS.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/sports/steelers/s_536600.html

HometownGal
11-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks, jazz. :cheers:

Yep - it's going to be a big game. Our black 'n gold is going to put an end to the Cheatsies undefeated season.

History is going to repeat itself! :tt02:

alittlejazzbird
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks, jazz. :cheers:

Yep - it's going to be a big game. Our black 'n gold is going to put an end to the Cheatsies undefeated season.

History is going to repeat itself! :tt02:

Your lips to God's ears, HTG......:tt02:

tony hipchest
11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
expect more of this patriot nut gobbling. yesterday they had their game against the bills moved to the primetime sunday night slot. the league just needs to get it over with now and move all patriot games to sunday night and all cowboy games to monday.

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I guess CBS got to grab that game before NBC could move it to Sunday night. Definitely a late afternoon quality game.

If the Pats are 15-0 the Giants game to end the regular season is a Saturday night game on NFL Network that most viewers outside of New York & New england will not get.

Green Bay-Dallas also unavailable outside of local viewing areas to anyone not having NFL Network. NFL appears to be keeping its best product away from many viewers since the cable companies are not budging off requiring NFL Network to go on an extra cost sports tier.

jjpro11
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
son of a bitch.. the browns are playing at 4:15 too.. now i gotta go to the bar with a bunch of browns fans and bandwagon patriots fans.

The Duke
11-06-2007, 03:14 PM
New game of the century? :hunch:

:sofunny:

Should be a fun game, I was hoping for prime time game though

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 03:15 PM
expect more of this patriot nut gobbling. yesterday they had their game against the bills moved to the primetime sunday night slot. the league just needs to get it over with now and move all patriot games to sunday night and all cowboy games to monday.

NFL presumably wants 18-0 Pats going for perfection against Green Bay or Dallas in the SB. I could handle Pats-Favre but Pats-Dallas or Pats-Giants would be tough to watch - I rooted for Dallas against the Pats several weeks ago and felt soiled by the experience.

Did you catch Kornheiser & Jaworski making it a point to say as the halftime ceremonies ended last night how people across the nation like the Steelers and the 70s dynasty? I took that as a not particularly subtle shot that the NFL sees it has a problem with its current uber-team having such a hateful coach and increasingly bitchy QB and owner (who had the gall to whine about the "fake" crowd noise after all the crap that has gone down in Foxboro).

Hines0wnz
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
More time for the cheaters to review tape?

alittlejazzbird
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
son of a bitch.. the browns are playing at 4:15 too.. now i gotta go to the bar with a bunch of browns fans and bandwagon patriots fans.

And I just realized that because of that Browns game (v. Jets), I will have the, um, pleasure of watching the one-win Jets instead of my Steelers. Are you KIDDING me???????? Oh, the unfairness of it all.....................

OneForTheToe
11-06-2007, 03:54 PM
And I just realized that because of that Browns game (v. Jets), I will have the, um, pleasure of watching the one-win Jets instead of my Steelers. Are you KIDDING me???????? Oh, the unfairness of it all.....................

Ouch ... that hurts. Sorry for you loss. But think of it this way - you will get our playoff games and Super Bowl:wink02:

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-06-2007, 04:08 PM
So the 4:15 game will be the "national" game on CBS? That means ANOTHER one that I will get to see... The Packers play at Noon and the Steelers will be on at 3 (central time)! The Viqueens play at 3, but on Fox. YAY!

Mike in La Crosse, WI (Sqarely on the border of Packers and Vikings territory, but BLEEDING Black and Gold)

MasterOfPuppets
11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Ouch ... that hurts. Sorry for you loss. But think of it this way - you will get our playoff games and Super Bowl:wink02:sopcast dude.

WisconsinSteelerMan
11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
What is sopcast? I am so technologically challenged!

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I took that as a not particularly subtle shot that the NFL sees it has a problem with its current uber-team having such a hateful coach and increasingly bitchy QB and owner (who had the gall to whine about the "fake" crowd noise after all the crap that has gone down in Foxboro).

I dunno - seems to me if the NFL brass had such a "problem" with the Arrogant Bastards, then Goodell would have meted out a punishment suitable to the crime instead of the slap on the wrist they got. They don't like it that pretty much every NFL fan outside of the NE area hates their guts and wants to see them go down in the worst way? Tough titty.

BradyToMoss
11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
I dunno - seems to me if the NFL brass had such a "problem" with the Arrogant Bastards, then Goodell would have meted out a punishment suitable to the crime instead of the slap on the wrist they got. They don't like it that pretty much every NFL fan outside of the NE area hates their guts and wants to see them go down in the worst way? Tough titty.

You sound like you're angry that we still have SF's #1 pick, which as it turns out is the 4th pick in Round One right now. Sorry about that.
That's all the NFL needs right now, the Pats with a top 5 pick.

Big7BenHOF
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
First the Jets game, now this. I really hope the time won't change for the Bungles game.

paw-n-maul-u
11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
You sound like you're angry that we still have SF's #1 pick, which as it turns out is the 4th pick in Round One right now. Sorry about that.

he's right folks, not to mention, they could trade that one, and still get two late 1st round picks, a late first and a mid second and third (which would put them at like 100 picks in the first day), or atleast stock back up for next year (09').

A lot of people should start caring about how SF starts playing. The thought of a G. Dorsey, or Calais Campbell, Chris OR Jake Long, or they could trade down and add some depth to LB, ... connor, james. L, (so long Ted. B. and J. Seau). Either way, the patriots are set for years to come.

oh well, atleast stuff like this will always linger around this season http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

Borski
11-06-2007, 10:09 PM
What is sopcast? I am so technologically challenged!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12472

I thought the NFL shut it down though...:sadpace:

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 03:35 AM

Just keep patting yourself on the back, buddy. Yeah, my annoyance has nothing to do with Belicheat's screwing with the integrity of the game itself. You joined just to gloat about the 1st round pick you retained? The words of another 2001 bandwagon rider, if I ever read them. :coffee:

Galax Steeler
11-07-2007, 03:52 AM

This couldn't be LITP could it :jawdrop:

SteelCurtain
11-07-2007, 06:15 AM
thank god!!! my college grad ceremony is on the 9th and starts at 2. i thought i was going to miss most of the game, but now i will get to see most of it

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 06:52 AM
A lot of people should start caring about how SF starts playing. The thought of a G. Dorsey, or Calais Campbell, Chris OR Jake Long, or they could trade down and add some depth to LB, ... connor, james. L, (so long Ted. B. and J. Seau). Either way, the patriots are set for years to come.

oh well, atleast stuff like this will always linger around this season

You also forgot that we have Oakland's 3rd round pick, which is the equivalent of a low-second rounder. A top 5 pick in round 1, a #2 and 2 - #3's (one being very high in round3). The rich just get richer.

Good luck on your trip to Foxboro as it stands right now, you will be our biggest test the rest of the way to perfection.

BTW, I'm no bandwagon guy believe me. I sat in those stands during the 2-14 seasons freezing my tail off. Been a fan since I was 7.

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Sucks for me. If it would have stayed at 1, and I kind of knew it wouldn't, I could have gone.

rbryan
11-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Time for some of you guys to put on your big boy pants and head down to the sports bar. They have soft drinks in case you're scared your wife will find out you had a beer lol...... If you gotta work thats one thing, but theres no way I'm sitting at home to watch the Jets when the Stillers are playing.

alittlejazzbird
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Time for some of you guys to put on your big boy pants and head down to the sports bar. They have soft drinks in case you're scared your wife will find out you had a beer lol...... If you gotta work thats one thing, but theres no way I'm sitting at home to watch the Jets when the Stillers are playing.

Hubby and I will indeed be heading to our local sports bar in order to avoid the Jets-Browns. No way in the world I'll sit through THAT when I could be watching my Stillers!!

#1LambertFan
11-07-2007, 01:19 PM
And it also allows fans outside of Penn. to watch the Steelers play cuz i live in FL and i wasnt goin to get the game until they changed the time and now i will. Thanks for the time change whoevers in charge.

PalmerSteel
11-09-2007, 09:05 AM
i figured this game would have gone to the sunday night game. does CBS have first dibs on who they can keep from being on the sunday night game on NBC?

jjpro11
11-09-2007, 03:22 PM
i figured this game would have gone to the sunday night game. does CBS have first dibs on who they can keep from being on the sunday night game on NBC?

cbs and fox have a list of protected games they make at the beginning of the season. this was one of them.

PalmerSteel
11-10-2007, 03:33 PM
cbs and fox have a list of protected games they make at the beginning of the season. this was one of them.

thanks. is this info that what teams are protected from sunday night switches listed somewhere?

jjpro11
11-10-2007, 03:34 PM
thanks. is this info that what teams are protected from sunday night switches listed somewhere?

These are official:

Wk 11 – NYG/Detroit

Wk 12 – Denver/Chicago

Wk 13 – NYG/Chicago and Jax/Indy

Wk 14 – NYG/Philadelphia and Pitt/New England

Wk 15 – Detroit/San Diego and Jax/Pitt

Wk 16 – Green Bay/Chicago and Houston/Indy

Preacher
11-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I am SO excited about this...

I am going to be able to watch the game with my buddies at the Black and Gold brigade in Louisville, as I graduate that weekend.

I am SO looking forward to this game, and this weekend!

GaryGlick
11-11-2007, 04:11 AM
I think having Steelers games at some time other than 1pm on Sunday is somehow contributing to global warming. But if I had to choose between a 4pm game or a Sunday/Monday night game, I would settle for 4pm.

GeneralRobinson
11-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I'll be there!