PDA

View Full Version : 19-0 Pats would need asterisk, Shula says

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Add Don Shula to the growing list of Belicheat/Pats haters

19-0 Pats would need asterisk, Shula says:

"The Spygate thing has diminished what they've accomplished. You would hate to have that attached to your accomplishments. They've got it," Shula told the Daily News. "Belichick was fined $500,000, the team was fined $250,00 and they lost a first-round draft choice. That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found.

"I guess you got the same thing as putting an asterisk by Barry Bonds' home run record. I guess it will be noted that the Patriots were fined and a No. 1 draft choice was taken away during that year of accomplishment. The sad thing is Tom Brady looks so good, it doesn't look like he needs any help."

"You have to acknowledge what they accomplished, but I don't know how you disregard Spygate," Shula said. "It's there. It happened. You don't know what was on those tapes and how much it helped. I think the commissioner just wanted it to go away."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21655235/

Pretty serious stuff and on the record - Shula on SportsCenter at 6 - game on!

Off the record I bet the NFL coaching fraternity sees Belicheat as beneath contempt

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 04:43 PM
The "Field Goal Dynasty" is a sham.

Preacher
11-06-2007, 04:45 PM

:sofunny::sofunny:

Field goal dynasty.

MACH1
11-06-2007, 04:47 PM
All their sb's should have asterisks on them. IMO

RoethlisBURGHer
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Thier Super Bowls? Yes, they more than likley were cheating when they won them.

This year's win-loss record? Seeing how the Patriots never got a chance to use the confiscated tapes, no.

If anything, the Dolphin's undefeated season deserves a asterik because they didn't play a 16-game regular season.

Atlanta Dan
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
If anything, the Dolphin's undefeated season deserves a asterik because they didn't play a 16-game regular season.

All you can do is win all the games on your schedule. Apparently the key is to play in the sorry ass AFC East.:smile:

fansince'76
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
This year's win-loss record? Seeing how the Patriots never got a chance to use the confiscated tapes, no.

Yep, I'm sure they didn't make copies or anything and it isn't like Kraft's lapdog Goodell pressed the issue either. After all, they said they got rid of them. They can be trusted. :rolleyes:

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
:sofunny::sofunny:

Field goal dynasty.

:thumbsup: So true.

But Shula just gave the cheater more ammo to use in his "us against the world attitude".

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 10:01 AM

Still angry over those 2 Heinz field defeats huh, man get over it. You were beat by a better team and will be in Foxboro when you come to town in 3-4 weeks.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Still angry over those 2 Heinz field defeats huh, man get over it. You were beat by a better team and will be in Foxboro when you come to town in 3-4 weeks.

And your coach is a cheating bastard. Get over it. :yawn:

Steelman16
11-07-2007, 10:05 AM

Gotta love some smack, but really bro. All you'll be seeing come Dec. 9th is black and gold in your face.

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Gotta love some smack, but really bro. All you'll be seeing come Dec. 9th is black and gold in your face.

Brady will light that defense up like candy, are you kidding me? Randy will be catching bombs on top of McFadden's head all day. I see a 14-17 point victory, atleast.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Brady will light that defense up like candy, are you kidding me? Randy will be catching bombs on top of McFadden's head all day. I see a 14-17 point victory, atleast.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
And your coach is a cheating bastard. Get over it. :yawn:

I think we proved this year that we don't have to cheat to be great. You guys would love have a team like this. The hatred comes from jealousy and envy, that's all it is and we all know. Matter of fact, Brady said on Monday that he loves being the bad guy and understands that the hatred and comments are strictly from jealous people who just want to see them go down.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
I think we proved this year that we don't have to cheat to be great. You guys would love have a team like this. The hatred comes from jealousy and envy, that's all it is and we all know. Matter of fact, Brady said on Monday that he loves being the bad guy and understands that the hatred and comments are strictly from jealous people who just want to see them go down.

Yep, back to the jealousy schtick, right on cue. If it's all just jealousy, why did Goodell take away a draft pick and fine both the organization and HC? Keep on drinking that RW&B Kool-Aid. :blah: :blah: :blah:

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Yep, back to the jealousy schtick, right on cue. If it's all just jealousy, why did Goodell take away a draft pick and fine both the organization and HC? Keep on drinking that RW&B Kool-Aid. :blah: :blah: :blah:

They can keep the draft pick, I'm just glad they didn't take the Niners pick which right now is a top 5 pick.

You guys are lookin good, we just ask one favor, when you meet the Colts as the 3-seed and you go into Indy, can you take them out for us before you come to Foxboro to get pasted. Reason I'm asking is that I don't want Bill Polian paying off and intimidating referees like he did this past Sunday when the Pats had to beat the Colts and the corrupted referees.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Reason I'm asking is that I don't want Bill Polian paying off and intimidating referees like he did this past Sunday when the Pats had to beat the Colts and the corrupted referees.

I'm sure Kraft will be doing plenty of his own "paying off," so I don't think you'll have to worry there. :coffee:

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2007, 10:39 AM
They can keep the draft pick, I'm just glad they didn't take the Niners pick which right now is a top 5 pick.

You guys are lookin good, we just ask one favor, when you meet the Colts as the 3-seed and you go into Indy, can you take them out for us before you come to Foxboro to get pasted. Reason I'm asking is that I don't want Bill Polian paying off and intimidating referees like he did this past Sunday when the Pats had to beat the Colts and the corrupted referees.

So now we have a Pats fan coming here to talk trash about the Steelers and, for good measure, the Colts?

Whatever floats your boat:smile:

BradyToMoss
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
So now we have a Pats fan coming here to talk trash about the Steelers and, for good measure, the Colts?

Whatever floats your boat:smile:

Hey, you guys are our next test. You guys don't mind chatting with a patriot fan do ya?

tony hipchest
11-07-2007, 11:01 AM

youre only asking cause you dont wanna cry like last year after the biggest 2nd half meltdown and chokejob in nfl championship game history.

dont try to sugar coat it.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey, you guys are our next test. You guys don't mind chatting with a patriot fan do ya?

One of your predecessors who is no longer with us on this board had some issues that in its own way damaged the rep of Pats posters around here as much as running up the score and defining blatant cheating as a "rules interpretation" issue - just thought you might like to know why discussing the Pats with their fans is about as much fun as having a root canal for me.

rbryan
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
There will be no need for any asterisk. These things have a way of taking care of themselves. Way too much bad karma for the patsies this year. They will get beat at least once or twice during the season and get knocked out before the AFCCG. Mark it down.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Brady to Moss, welcome to Steelers Fever.

I am always up for chit-chat with the fans of our opponents.

Bet let me warn you, we've had Patriot fans here in the past who have been banned, and it takes a good amount of shit to get banned at SF. The Pats fans that have been here have been extra rude, pompous, and just plain jerkoffs.

So don't expect a warm reception. Just a warning.

X-Terminator
11-09-2007, 07:12 AM

If you want to chit chat seriously, sure. If you plan on being your typical arrogant, classless, ignorant Pats fan, then find some other board to infest. After all of the garbage left behind by other Pats fans that shall remain nameless, I'm almost at the point where any Pats fan that shows up here instantly gets put on ignore, whether they come in peace or not.

Rhee Rhee
11-10-2007, 03:40 AM
completely agree with shula... just wished he hadn't backed off his comments... they cheat they should be stripped of their superbowl rings and docked of all their 1st second and third round draft picks and the 49ers should get bak their draft pick since their so bad... that's what i'd do if i was stupid goodelll