PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting to have a good bit of confidence for Sunday's game

FastWillieParker39
11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
The fact that the Browns have a awful defense. I think Ben and WIllie will be able to capatilize on that. The Seahawks put up 30 points on them, I think we can put up more. The Browns have given up the most total yards in the whole NFL and have the least sacks, defensively, in the NFL. That should give Ben a lot of time in the pocket and be able to throw to Ward, Holmes, Miller, Washington, and so on.

When I look at this game deeper, it sort of reminds of the Steelers/Bengals games. Bengals always had a great offense and a bad defense. The Browns have a very good offense and a awful defense. I think our D will be able to atleast contain the Browns offense. It might be a struggle but I think we'll be able to contain them. Our offense should be putting up some points though. Willie should easily have over 100.

Not only that but look at the combined record of the teams the Browns have beaten in this 3 game winning streak......4-20! Thats horrible and they barely beat the winless Dolphins and the winless Rams.

Not trying to downplay the Browns because I know they'll be in Pittsburgh ready to PLAY. Just saying that I'm feeling confident about this game.

iupdauber
11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I think this whole rave over the Browns is a little far fetched. They play no one with any stature, and when they do, they lose. Simple as that. I look for a repeat of the matchup earlier in the season, but with Harrison showing that him stomping those dirty Ravens wasnt a fluke. Pittsburgh I think also noticed on monday that they can do something, and do it well. BLITZ. They will be in the backfield all day, proving that great performances from the Browns offense were sparked from terribly poor performances from some of the worst defenses in the league. 34-13 Black and Gold with a three game lead.

FastWillieParker39
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I think this whole rave over the Browns is a little far fetched. They play no one with any stature, and when they do, they lose. Simple as that. I look for a repeat of the matchup earlier in the season, but with Harrison showing that him stomping those dirty Ravens wasnt a fluke. Pittsburgh I think also noticed on monday that they can do something, and do it well. BLITZ. They will be in the backfield all day, proving that great performances from the Browns offense were sparked from terribly poor performances from some of the worst defenses in the league. 34-13 Black and Gold with a two game lead.

It'd be a 3 game lead since we would have beaten the Browns twice

Steel_Bus_24
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
If Willie can get going on the ground we should be fine

These next few weeks will really tell us if our team has matured enough to contend in the playoffs. We've been inconsistent thus far, Id like to see us get a good streak of quality football

slippy
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
the mid way point of the season is a good time for a team to start to peak.

jjpro11
11-07-2007, 01:53 AM
you have to be confident for this game.. we are playing at home where we won our first 4 games by 21+ pts each. more importantly we are playing the worst defense in the entire nfl while we field the absolute best.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
The Browns have no answers for our offense, and they'll be forced to play from behind, making them one-dimensional. That will make them vulnerable to lots of sacks, hurries and turnovers from them on offense, too.

ChronoCross
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
so far were dominating every division game. we are making big plays happen and causing turnovers and not turning over the ball. everyone that posted so far has covered about everything in a good quote. I am with the rest I have a very good feeling and feel the flash of the browns is nothing more then a fluke. we will role them just like we did in the first game.

chenzzo
11-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I was just looking over the Browns schedule and most of the teams they beat have been bad teams and even then they let those teams score on them pretty much at will. I mean, they let the Dolphins score 31 points on them, and St. Louis got 20 points off of them. These are both no-win teams. They lost to Oakland, who is just shy of terrible. Half of their wins have been by a margin of one score. I really can?t see them outplaying our defense enough put up the numbers they will need to beat us. And as weak as their defense is, I don?t see why Ben can?t have another 5 TD game. Hopefully though, we won?t let off the gas in the second half and let them attempt a comeback like they did with Seattle.

And let?s not forget Harrison. If he plays half as well as he did against the Ratbirds, this game could be decided pretty quickly.

steelpride12
11-07-2007, 04:53 PM
o no doubt it will be a great game and yes prob like Bengals game we will prob. run away with it but im sure they can atleast get 13 points ha!

SteelDogFan
11-07-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with dauber.

FastWillieParker39
11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. They haven't faced a defense like Pittsburgh's yet and we SHOULD have a comfortable win against them.

*whispers*shh don't tell that to Browns fans though, they've already think they won the Super Bowl already*whispers*

jjpro11
11-07-2007, 06:46 PM
i gotta tell you though... it sure is fun living in cleveland right now with this game coming up. the game hasnt been this hyped in years. i've been wearing steelers stuff all week and have seen a lot of others around here doing the same.

Crushzilla
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
i gotta tell you though... it sure is fun living in cleveland right now with this game coming up. the game hasnt been this hyped in years. i've been wearing steelers stuff all week and have seen a lot of others around here doing the same.

Shear emotion is the Browns only real shot. Statistically, this is lined up to be a wipeout, and as myself and many others have already said, a three game winning streak against opponents that are collectively 4-20 this season.

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 07:01 PM
the mid way point of the season is a good time for a team to start to peak.

I think mid-season is a little early, slippy. I like to see the Steelers peak around Week 12 or so.

I'm not taking the Browns lightly - this is not the same Browns offense we faced in Week #1, though their defense is just as bad. Braylon Edwards is having one helluva season and Winslow, though he is a total pecker, is a very good TE and a viable target for Anderson. I believe, however, that the Steelers O is going to have a very successful afternoon and that the D can limit the Browns' revamped O to 14 points or less.

Steelers - 38
Browns - 14

Stillers43
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM

I agree! Got my black and gold on everyday at work. I am physical education teacher in suburb of Cleveland. GO STEELERS! Steelers 33 Browns 17:tt02:

Jman
11-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I think mid-season is a little early, slippy. I like to see the Steelers peak around Week 12 or so.

Steelers - 38
Browns - 14

:iagree: I'd like to see the Steelers come to peak later in the season rather than sooner. Things are getting close to clicking, and not too soon, IMO.

I also agree with the score HTG is postin' - I think it will be real close. The 14 points for Browns is because the fact is, Anderson is the real deal - Kellen and Braylon are explosive. We will see what happens though.