PDA

View Full Version : pti no respect

steel striker
11-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Still after we crushed the ratbirds and, Ben throws for five td's all Wilbone & Kornhole can say is how lucky the steelers are. Then they go on to pretty much say Ben is not good as Brady and Manning. Well I guess after we crush the pats in a few weeks they will change there tune. I for one and very happy we have Big Ben and, there is somethng he can do that they other two qb's can't do so well move outside the pocket and make big plays. It can of burn s me after last year when Ben had a rough season they were on him every week and, now when the steelers and Ben play we get no respect. It is okay once we win it all this year once again people will be eating there words.

noto45
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
consider the source they dont know squat!

Borski
11-06-2007, 10:15 PM
We thrive better on no respect then we do on praise, so I like all the media disrespecting us...it gives us fuel

steel striker
11-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah you are right we seem to play better with a chip on the shoulder. Just burns me that they are the first to take shots at Ben and, when he has a great game you hear nothing about it. Well I just hope we crush them twice in a few weeks and then again in the playoffs.

Borski
11-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I'd rather not face them twice I'm hoping the Colts lose a division game (Jags play them tough in Jax) and if we win out I think the Colts could know them off in the playoffs and I like our chance better against the Colts then facing the Pats twice.

Edit: nevermind, that scenario would require us to face the Pats and Colts because of tiebreakers and seeding places...that would be bad

Petesburgh66
11-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I could care less what a couple of jock sniffers think.

getyourhustleon14
11-06-2007, 11:15 PM
I could care less what a couple of jock sniffers think.

Man for real... i dont care what any "expert" thinks about the Steelers...

the REAL experts are all the members here on Steelersfever :tt02:

jjpro11
11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
kornhole must have been reading this board calling for his head on a platter. i agree with you guys.. i am starting to like being the underdogs of the afc again. it happened in 05 and its happening again. we have a habit of getting overconfident and underplaying opponents (arizona and denver)... but for the past few years we have always seemed to get up for big games.. well, last year not so much so. but that was a fluke season. in 04 and 05 we played our best against the better teams. thats why i think we have as good a shot as anyone to beat the pats.

OneForTheToe
11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Wow, which episode did you watch? I heard a good bit of respect for us coming form the show in our direction. Yes, they both said that they though the Colts and Pats were the two best teams and we were leading the second tier along with Dallas. But, given the season, is that so crazy?

Kornheiser has difficulty getting past his man-crush on Brady, but Wilbon does not suffer from that malady. Wilbon, I believe actually respects us a great deal. In fact both agreed that the Steelers were the one team tough enough to have a shot at beating the Pats. How is that not respect? I specifically remember Kornheiser saying that last year was the aberration for the Steelers and this season and 2005 were the real norm.

So, how does that add up to disrespect? Look... there are those douche bags in the media like Skip Bayless who will never give us any respect, not matter what we will do. Blasting him and his likes makes sense. However, blasting pti, (especially Wilbon) seems out of place since they show us as much more respect than most others.

OX1947
11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Who gives a ****. Why do you waste your time watching anything on BSPN that isnt game related? BSPN has become a tabliod **** bag. I would never watch BSPN if it werent for the games. Anyone who hires a douche bag like Skip Bayless obviously isnt interested in having anyone crediable on their shows. And one of the few great shows on TV, PRIMETIME, was changed by putting a former drug dealing poser called Keyshawn Johnson and Emmitt Smith who has a college degree yet, cant speak proper english. Worse of all that, they stick one of few great talents to the side of those chumps in Tom Jackson. Horrible and pathetic.....BSPN is like gas, no matter how much i hate it, I have to use it or there is nothing else.....

Galax Steeler
11-07-2007, 03:42 AM
We know what we did in 05 and we know what we are capable of doing I don't mind flying under the radar.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm almost getting to the point where I don't watch any of these shows, I just look up the stats myself, watch as much football as I can and figure it all out for myself.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Who gives a ****. Why do you waste your time watching anything on BSPN that isnt game related?

I don't, therefore I can't really comment on what was said or not said.

memphissteelergirl
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Who gives a ****. Why do you waste your time watching anything on BSPN that isnt game related? BSPN has become a tabliod **** bag. I would never watch BSPN if it werent for the games. Anyone who hires a douche bag like Skip Bayless obviously isnt interested in having anyone crediable on their shows. And one of the few great shows on TV, PRIMETIME, was changed by putting a former drug dealing poser called Keyshawn Johnson and Emmitt Smith who has a college degree yet, cant speak proper english. Worse of all that, they stick one of few great talents to the side of those chumps in Tom Jackson. Horrible and pathetic.....BSPN is like gas, no matter how much i hate it, I have to use it or there is nothing else.....

LOL...BSPN....that's good! :sofunny:

rbryan
11-07-2007, 09:53 AM

I think they're working on a hybrid sports show that operates on corn oil but unfortuneatley BSPN holds the patent and the price is so high that it offsets the savings on the fuel. lol

KYSteelersfan
11-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I don't watch too much PTI so I can't really comment on that part.

I do watch Skip Bayless. I love to watch First and 10 during my lunch break. I don't always agree with what Skip says, but he gets me to look at things in a different light.

I agree with revefsreleets that I don't watch too much ESPN except to watch the games. It does seem like the only team they will talk about is the Pats and Red Sox. I get tired of it after a while. It's gotten so bad that my son even like Tom Brady now :puke: It's ok though, he is only 16 and doesn't know everything yet :flap:

I don't know....is it game day yet....let's go smash the brownies :tt02:

TackleMeBen
11-07-2007, 10:21 AM
i would rather have my son like tom brady than ray lewis .. he even told me yesterday that he was mad at me because the steelers beat the ravens.. i was like what? but he is only 5...lol. the only thing i really watch on espn is mike and mike and the jim rome show.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Wow, which episode did you watch? I heard a good bit of respect for us coming form the show in our direction. Yes, they both said that they though the Colts and Pats were the two best teams and we were leading the second tier along with Dallas. But, given the season, is that so crazy?

Kornheiser has difficulty getting past his man-crush on Brady, but Wilbon does not suffer from that malady. Wilbon, I believe actually respects us a great deal. In fact both agreed that the Steelers were the one team tough enough to have a shot at beating the Pats. How is that not respect? I specifically remember Kornheiser saying that last year was the aberration for the Steelers and this season and 2005 were the real norm.

So, how does that add up to disrespect? Look... there are those douche bags in the media like Skip Bayless who will never give us any respect, not matter what we will do. Blasting him and his likes makes sense. However, blasting pti, (especially Wilbon) seems out of place since they show us as much more respect than most others.

Agreed - Wilbon repeatedly has stated on PTI, in his columns and in his online Monday Washington Post Chat House that the Steelers are one team that is not afraid of the Pats and can give them a game.

Saying the Steelers are not as good as or not likely to beat the Pats in Foxboro at this time (which is my position) is hardly disrespect.

11-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Kornheiser is so bad on MNF, he makes me long for the days of Dennis Miller.

BurghZ0n3
11-07-2007, 02:04 PM
i would rather have my son like tom brady than ray lewis .. he even told me yesterday that he was mad at me because the steelers beat the ravens.. i was like what? but he is only 5...lol. the only thing i really watch on espn is mike and mike and the jim rome show.

Say, your son might've referred Ratbird logo to....Woody Woodpecker??? I like Woody as well back in the old days....:flap:

cubanstogie
11-07-2007, 02:22 PM
I have been sick last couple of days, therefore watching all the stuff you guys referring to and reading and posting a lot on message boards etc... anyways I am sitting here wondering why we need validation from these so called exports. I am guilty of it myself. It reminds me of watching politics on fox news. half the people argue on one side or for one team, other half for another. These guys' opinion means no more than ours. NFL networks Terrel Davis would rather have Romo than Ben. Come on. Romo has put up some good numbers in a bunch of games, thats it though. No comparison. Facts are Ben is youngest QB to win SB, beat 3 teams on road in doing so. 15-1 prior year. Even with motorcycle wreck and appendectomy the guys QB rating .2 percent lower than Tom Brady in their careers. Considering Brady is lighting it up this year thats pretty amazing to me. QB rating isn't everything but I am pretty sure his won vs loss record is comparable as well. I will have to check on that. So back to the topic, these guys aren't hired because of knowledge of game. What they did on field, looks, articulation, persona, are all factors but none make them any more knowledgeable about matchups than true fans like us. Those guys are no better at picking games than most of us. I guarantee a guy I work with who bets every week, and last year won 62.5% of the games can pick games better than these idiots. We just have to face the facts, Ben will never get the same respect as Manning, Brady, and the Steelers won't get the same either because we are a defense and run oriented team. Screw them all.

CantStop85
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Then they go on to pretty much say Ben is not good as Brady and Manning Ludicrous!

TackleMeBen
11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Say, your son might've referred Ratbird logo to....Woody Woodpecker??? I like Woody as well back in the old days....:flap:

lol.. unfortunely my best friend is from baltimore and turned my son into a ravens fan... i had him a steeler fan until then.. its bad enough i have a ray lewis jersey in my house:banging:

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Still after we crushed the ratbirds and, Ben throws for five td's all Wilbone & Kornhole can say is how lucky the steelers are. Then they go on to pretty much say Ben is not good as Brady and Manning. Well I guess after we crush the pats in a few weeks they will change there tune. I for one and very happy we have Big Ben and, there is somethng he can do that they other two qb's can't do so well move outside the pocket and make big plays. It can of burn s me after last year when Ben had a rough season they were on him every week and, now when the steelers and Ben play we get no respect. It is okay once we win it all this year once again people will be eating there words.

I wouldn't say the Steelers are "lucky", but at this point in Ben's young career, I have to agree with those two turds that he is not YET as good as Brady and/or Manning. Ben is playing with such confidence thus far this season and I hope the OL starts to have his back a little better so that he can remain healthy and continue to flourish in the NFL.

TackleMeBen
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
maybe he needs to start buying them dinner more often:wink02: that way they would have his back..lol

memphissteelergirl
11-07-2007, 04:30 PM
lol.. unfortunely my best friend is from baltimore and turned my son into a ravens fan... i had him a steeler fan until then.. its bad enough i have a ray lewis jersey in my house:banging:

...and you're still friends?? :jawdrop: (j/k)

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Who Respects the Steelers?

I can name 6 Teams that do now.

Pittsburgh 34, Cleveland 7 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 26, Buffalo 3 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 37, San Fran 16 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 0 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 24, Cincinnati 13 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 38, Baltimore 7 (Respect)

If the Cardinals and the Broncos want to play us again I'm fine with it. Let the Broncos make the Playoffs and we'll destroy them and they will show Respect. As for the Cards, go ahead, get to Arizona in February, we'll be waiting for you to give us Respect.

Enough said.

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Who Respects the Steelers?

I can name 6 Teams that do now.

Pittsburgh 34, Cleveland 7 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 26, Buffalo 3 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 37, San Fran 16 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 0 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 24, Cincinnati 13 (Respect)
Pittsburgh 38, Baltimore 7 (Respect)

If the Cardinals and the Broncos want to play us again I'm fine with it. Let the Broncos make the Playoffs and we'll destroy them and they will show Respect. As for the Cards, go ahead, get to Arizona in February, we'll be waiting for you to give us Respect.

Enough said.

I'd have to agree that other than the Ratfinks and Bungles, the other teams you mention respect us. After listening to Cartoon say how much he hates the Steelers, CJ flappin' that now toothless yap of his on how he's going to burn our DBs, Stabbit Ray's whine fest and Trevor Pryce crying in his boo rag after the Steelers crushed them like a grape on Monday night - I think it's safe to say that these teams have no respect for us. Hell - they don't even respect themselves.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Ludicrous!

How's the cellar treating you? :coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
How's the cellar treating you? :coffee:and,hey 85.....could you bump up the temperture on that hotwater tank...the water cools off by the time it gets up here to the TOP of the division....:toofunny:

KYSteelersfan
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
maybe he needs to start buying them dinner more often:wink02: that way they would have his back..lol

Don't know if you noticed or not, but the introduction on MNF Steeler's offense, Ben mentioned everyone of the OL by name and nobody else. He's trying to gain their confidence again. Give it a little more time, they will come around......hopefully soon.

BurghZ0n3
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM

...or a Vader fan :toofunny: Anywho,...after watching the clip today, I'm sooo impressed that Ben could squeeze out from tackles more than ever! We gotta score early....very early...& run the clock afterwards in every game! :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Jman
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
consider the source

Amen.

steelwolf21
11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Kornheiser is so bad on MNF, he makes me long for the days of Dennis Miller.

:toofunny: Hey at least Miller was a big Steeler fan! I remember the Monday night game when they gave him a key to the city ,whether he deserved it or not's another issue, but a bit of home town bias on a nationally televised monday night game was fun to watch even if it came from an idiot!

Tankus_Maximus
11-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Screw the "experts"!

Us vs. The World works just fine for us!

steel striker
11-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Well maybe I did over react about the next day on pti but, agree with you guys it is better to go alittle under the radar. Then when the time is right we will take them down. I'm real glad Ben is our Qb and, he is a stand up guy as well. Not like Ray Lewis who can't just say that they were beat by a better team.

OneForTheToe
11-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Just a little update - yesterday Wilbon and Lebatard (sp) (Kornheiser apparently takes horse tranquilizers when he flies because he is never on the day after a flight) were debating who they would rather have as their QB, Ben or Romo. Lebatard, of course, said Romo 'cause he's dreamy. :sissies:

Wilbon, while acknowledging that Romo might be great some day, picked Ben because he has "a little something, something called a Ring." To wit Lebatard responded with the, "yes but the Steelers won in spite of Ben," yada, yada, yada. ...... :screwy:

Wilbon rolled his eyes and responded, yes but he got them there. I don't think Wilbon is a Steelers' fan, but he definitely respects the Steelers and what they stand for.

fansince'76
11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Wilbon, while acknowledging that Romo might be great some day, picked Ben because he has "a little something, something called a Ring." To wit Lebatard responded with the, "yes but the Steelers won in spite of Ben," yada, yada, yada. ...... :screwy:

Sounds familiar - never mind that the Steelers had MUCH stronger teams overall in '94 and '95 than the '05 edition was, and failed to win a SB. Why? Sh*tty QB, period. Romo hasn't done dick in the playoffs, besides screw up. Ben is 5-1 in the playoffs. 'Nuff said.

jjpro11
11-14-2007, 02:57 PM
i dont want to see any of this romo vs ben bullshit until romo actually wins a super bowl, let alone a playoff game.