PDA

View Full Version : Carucci: Steelers a middle-tier pretender

Edman
11-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Here.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=9B6971EDEF9172D0C3A56FB76044787E? id=09000d5d803f7739&template=with-video&confirm=true

I'm not surprised. I guess those two losses trump those 6 wins. Remember, the Steelers were picked to finish third in the AFC North in preseason. The Bungles and Ravens were to be the elite teams. We know how good those two are now. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if pundits pick the Browns (Their newest media darling) next week.

That said, maybe the Steelers aren't there yet this year. But one thing I will count on: This Steeler team has a good future. A fine nucleus of young players and a new Ben Roethlisberger hitting his prime at Quarterback. The Steelers just need to address the O-Line. Faneca and Starks are (supposedly) leaving.

Borski
11-06-2007, 11:27 PM
now thats a flat out insult, obviously I can understand that the "experts" dont think will will beat the pats, but to call us pretenders? we are no doubt the 3rd best team in the NFL and we will be #1 come Dec 9th!

Borski
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
The Steelers' humiliation of Baltimore has generated discussion about whether they should be viewed as the third-best team in the NFL behind New England and Indianapolis. For now, I vote no. At this point, Dallas, Green Bay, and the New York Giants seem to represent the next level of NFL teams better than anyone in the AFC. They generally are more consistent at playing at the lofty level necessary to even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Patriots and Colts. For that matter, I don't even know how rock-solid the Steelers are as the No. 3 team in their own conference. Another 6-2 club, Tennessee, makes a fairly compelling argument for that designation as well.

Tennessee doesnt have crap on us!:banging: Have you seen VY? he cant throw to save his life, stop the run and the Titans lose, simple

Borski
11-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Nevermind after painfully reading the whole article, this guy is nothing more then a hormeristic Pats fan. I hope he falls asleep on his pen and pokes his eye out!
]

SEMP
11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Carrucci is an idiot, he states that baltimore's injuries dimish the Steeler win and in his next topic he states that the colts injuries had no bearing in thier loss to the pats.

duma
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't mind. I prefer the media and other teams consider us a non-contender. In the past, this mindset has helped the team perform better. And even if this team isn't the same one who would be fired up by the lack of respect, I can't see that it would hurt them to have the pundits declare us second class. Whatever. They will know how good this team is after we beat their ass.

Dynasty
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
There is no such thing as a football expert. The only way you can be an expert is in something that has proven factual basis. Football prognosticating is something that you cannot prove. The experts are just people who get paid for their opinion, which is no more or less valid than that of any person on this forum. The only difference is that they get press access to the teams.

Steelersfan4life0655
11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
i know this shouldnt bother me, but damn the steelers are not getting love anywhere. we could go perfect next year and they would still find something to bitch about what the steelers are doing wrong.

jjpro11
11-07-2007, 12:47 AM
i know this shouldnt bother me, but damn the steelers are not getting love anywhere. we could go perfect next year and they would still find something to bitch about what the steelers are doing wrong.

we're getting some love on nfl live. those guys always seem to like us to be quite honest. usually its the sports writers who dont give us much of a chance, not so much the players.

MasterOfPuppets
11-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm also still bothered by Pittsburgh's losses at Arizona (3-5) and Denver (3-5). A truly elite team should dominate weaker opponents.he seems to forget that dallas struggled with buffalo after the steelers kicked the bills ass !!! the titans went to the wire with oakland ,atlanta ,jags and houston ....green bay barely beat denver.,washington, vikings ,chargers ,eagles lost to chicago

Galax Steeler
11-07-2007, 03:45 AM
carucci is just a retard trying to be a sports writer who cares what he says.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2007, 06:47 AM
It is not the BCS and the Steelers are not Oregon having to hope the media jumps off the LSU bandwagon in order to get to the BCS championship.

The Arizona loss was a unique situation, but FWIW the Denver loss is legitimately going to be thrown in the Steelers faces until they beat an above average team.

moedap
11-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Carucci knows there are alot of Steelers fans out there and he knows there are alot of Steeler haters. That article just got the nfl.com a whole bunch of hits. As far as our running game not working against Baltimore well they do have the 2nd best run defense(whose #1????!!!) and Bmore was determined to stop the run(Gay Lewis' post game conference attests to that) at the cost of giving up the pass which cost them their ass.

Let the others not see us coming... Get Em Steelers!!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
11-07-2007, 08:20 AM
I think Carucci used a little too much glue on his toupee - it's suffocating his brain. He ranks the Giants over the Steelers? :toofunny:

Who cares about being an "elite" team anyway? The Steelers know who they are and in which direction they are going. Let the talking turds keep on knob slobbin' the Pats and Colts - they're the ones who are going to be left with :egg: on their faces when all is said and done if this team keeps playing the way they know they can.

fansince'76
11-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Oh, no! Carucci thinks we're a pretender! I'm definitely going to be losing sleep over this! :yawn: :coffee:

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Well, he's right about our losses. The Cards and Bronco's suck, and they both beat us. Those losses worry me too, because the same team that was capable of playing so well Monday is also capable of playing as poorly as they did at times in the Cards and Broncos games.

Edman
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
It is not the BCS and the Steelers are not Oregon having to hope the media jumps off the LSU bandwagon in order to get to the BCS championship.

The Arizona loss was a unique situation, but FWIW the Denver loss is legitimately going to be thrown in the Steelers faces until they beat an above average team.

So when the Steelers hammer the Browns (who are above .500 and ESPN's next big media love) next week, what will be the excuse then? The Browns aren't as good as we thought? Whatever. That same Denver Broncos team took the 7-1 Green Bay Packers down to the wire. I guess that (as well as faltering to an average Bears team at home) makes the Packers pretenders too. I don't think so. The Broncos aren't as bad as people think.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Gotta disagree with you about Denver. They haven't convincingly beaten anyone, they got thumped by a mediocre Detroit, and our a few bounces of the ball from being winless.

Steelman16
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
The Arizona loss was inexcusable, but the loss to Denver I think was just a shootout between a middle-pack team and a good team playing like a middle-pack team. I'm not worried about the Denver loss, the Broncs have proven already they can hang with the big boys even though they're injury ridden and so on.

We're an elite team I believe, and even when we do beat the Pats, we're just gonna get a bunch of Ravenesque crud afterwards about how everything was a fluke anyway. So I don't really care what people say.

Edman
11-07-2007, 09:47 AM
So if Denver and Arizona are such legit reasons that the Steelers are a "pretender", care to explain the big wins against the other "average teams"? The Steelers have beaten the Niners, Bills, Browns, Ravens, Bengals, and Seahawks. All of them by 11 or more. Meanwhile, the combined total of the losses to the Cards and Broncos? 10 Points. The Browns and Bills have shown that they aren't overly bad teams. The Seahawks and Ravens were above .500 when the Steelers faced them.

The Steelers may not be Pats elite, but the reasoning to call them a pretender is stupid.

Mosca
11-07-2007, 10:00 AM
What. The. Flock.

What these freakin' pundits don't get is that teams evolve during the season. What a team did in the first couple weeks has nothing to do with who they might be come week 12. Tomlin says it over and over; is anyone listening? "We have to get better every week, because that's what out opponents are doing." "We have to focus on every snap of the football."

It isn't how we played against Arizona and against Denver; it's, did we address and correct the things that made us lose those games?

As far as us not being able to run against Baltimore, people are seeing that completely wrong. Not being able to run is an illusion. We were able to move the ball at will against them. Every run into the line for 2 yards, or -2 yards, told the Ravens that we weren't abandoning the run, that they still had to defend it. So when they defended the run, we passed at will. If they had decided to defend the pass instead, the score would still have been 38-7, and Willie would have had 200 yards instead of Ben having 5 TD passes. They chose for us the club that we bludgeoned them with.

The pundits are meaningless.

rbryan
11-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Thats OK Carrucci is a lower tier writer (at best) and he's not even worthy of being considered a pretender. Just another ass clown whose uncle gave him his first writing job.

ChronoCross
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I do not read this things because it is written by people who most of the time are what would you say bandwagon hopper writers. If it is not kdka, pittsburgh post gazette, pittsburgh tribune, I just do not care to waste my time reading there horse crap. I do not even look at power rankings, power rankings are for the birds.

What we have to do as a team is keep playing hard and win. Of course if we played are best every game we would be 8-0 but teams do stumble along the way.

All I care about is that we work on weaknesses and get ready for each game and work to get better and play mistake free ball by the time the playoffs come.

Atlanta Dan
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
So when the Steelers hammer the Browns (who are above .500 and ESPN's next big media love) next week, what will be the excuse then? The Browns aren't as good as we thought? Whatever. That same Denver Broncos team took the 7-1 Green Bay Packers down to the wire. I guess that (as well as faltering to an average Bears team at home) makes the Packers pretenders too. I don't think so. The Broncos aren't as bad as people think.

"The Broncos aren't as bad as people think??!! They were lucky to beat the Bills & Raiders and have beeen clobbered by the Chargers and Lions - they are not the Dolphins or Rams but the Broncos are pretty bad.

Since I do not see the Steelers getting a bye and 2 homes games in January the 2 road losses are what can be used to criticize them.

But as was posted above, being regarded to be an "elite" team (like .. umm ... the 2005 Colts) and shooting up the power rankings is pointless. The Steelers are not jockeying for position for a New Years Day bowl and will have a chance to prove how good they are on the field.

alittlejazzbird
11-07-2007, 10:29 AM
My two cents, for whatever it's worth:

At this point, Dallas, Green Bay, and the New York Giants seem to represent the next level of NFL teams better than anyone in the AFC. They generally are more consistent at playing at the lofty level necessary to even be mentioned in the same sentence as the Patriots and Colts.

OK, I'll give you that Dallas might be a better team than the Steelers right now, but I watch the Giants play every week and there is no way in the universe that they are a better team. They are about to be majorly exposed this weekend, and next week the NY sports papers will be full of Giants players sniping to the media, cries of "Coughlin is losing control of this team," etc. Same thing that always happens. Green Bay I haven't seen much, but that team seems to be flying by the seat of its pants. As goes Brett, so go the Packers. We'll see how the second half shapes up for them, but they haven't been dominant like the Steelers.

What troubled me was seeing the Steelers' No. 2-ranked rushing attack struggle to move the ball on the ground, even if it didn't have to.

You know what? I agree with this. I know they were basically running out the clock in the entire second half, but it's disturbing to see that when teams decide that stopping the run is going to be their focus, Willie does not have 100-yard games against them. If we are going to dictate to teams, as Coach Tomlin is fond of saying, instead of them dictating to us, then we have to impose our will, and that includes getting yardage on the ground even when the other team is focused on stopping us. Baltimore supposedly had the second best defense in the NFL, which would account for holding Willie to small numbers, but you can make the case that a truly great team would rise above it and get the yardage anyway.

I'm also still bothered by Pittsburgh's losses at Arizona (3-5) and Denver (3-5). A truly elite team should dominate weaker opponents.

I agree with the other poster who noted that teams evolve over the course of a season. I was bothered by those losses too; the Steelers seemed oddly listless and unprepared in both cases, and despite that, almost pulled out a win in Denver. But the Steelers have followed each loss with at least one very convincing win. And as to the whole "weaker opponent" thing: you can only play who's on your schedule. We face who we face, and our job is to beat them.

I know the Steelers did that against the Ravens and have done that against other opponents this season. But they need to show greater consistency in order to make the case that they are a legitimate threat to keep either the Patriots or Colts from reaching the Super Bowl.

Well, other than the two losses, the Steelers have dominated every team they've beaten and won by at least 11 points; they've been consistent in that regard. They're allowing the fewest points and fewest total yards per game of any team in the NFL, including Indy and NE. The defense, statistically speaking, is giving the '70s Steel Curtain a run for its money. Ben is currently ranked second in the NFL behind Tom Brady, ahead of Peyton Manning, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, Vince Young, and Eli Manning (the so-called better teams than Pittsburgh).

I don't know...to me that seems pretty consistent. In any other season but this one, they'd be a consensus choice as the second or third best team in the NFL. Unfortunately, this year it's all about New England and no one else.

rbryan
11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
How many games have you seen Parker be held in check the majority of the time only to break one or two long runs and get over a 100?? He was one play away from this being a non issue. I'll take his performance every week if the defense is going to stack the box and leave Ben room for 5 TD passes.

chenzzo
11-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I'll take his performance every week if the defense is going to stack the box and leave Ben room for 5 TD passes.

Exactly. It seems like we get one or the other. Willie gets big yards or Ben gets TD?s. Either way, we win. Now if we could just get both going at the same time.....oh how nice that would be.

Mosca
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
You know what? I agree with this. I know they were basically running out the clock in the entire second half, but it's disturbing to see that when teams decide that stopping the run is going to be their focus, Willie does not have 100-yard games against them. If we are going to dictate to teams, as Coach Tomlin is fond of saying, instead of them dictating to us, then we have to impose our will, and that includes getting yardage on the ground even when the other team is focused on stopping us. Baltimore supposedly had the second best defense in the NFL, which would account for holding Willie to small numbers, but you can make the case that a truly great team would rise above it and get the yardage anyway.

Fear not. The ball doesn't know if it is moving on the ground or through the air. One causes the other.

The problem in Arizona and Denver wasn't that the ground game wasn't working; it was that the air game that was set up by the ground game wasn't working. We had a couple drops and a couple missed passes early in both games, and a couple sacks, on defensive formations that were stacked against the run. When the air game caught on in Denver, in the second half, Willie popped off a couple decent runs. That game was lost because Denver drove the field and kicked a field goal.

If you can throw at will, then that's what you should do. Baltimore had the guys to either stack the run or stack the pass, but not both. They gambled that we would screw up the passing on our own, like we did in our two losses, and they stacked the run. Since we have corrected the flaws in the passing game that led us to losing the Az and De games, we beat the crap out of Ba. I fully expect that if we played Az and De again, we'd kick the snot out of them. All we need to do is execute the plays that the other team gives us.

slippy
11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
america loves seeing people make idiots of themselves in public. reality tv is a good example of this.

carucci (and mark madden) do this as well, and i applaud them for providing us with such high quality entertainment.

seriously, there are so many holes in the above article i dont know where to start.

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I will attempt to end this thread with the Truth.

The Steelers are the Most Violent Team in Football.
The Steelers have had 2 losses to inferior teams, which everyone recognizes as inferior teams at this point.
The Steelers Dominated in all 6 of their Wins.
The Steelers have the best Defense in all of the NFL. Stats speak for themselves.
Regardless of what Carucci or any other jackhole in the press wants to say, The Steelers are going to destroy everyone in their path on their way to their 6th Ring. Its the inevitable that "haters" and "homers" don't want to recognize. No One wants a first year head coach to win it all. No one wants a guy who's face was exploded against a windshield to win it all, again. No One wants to hear about "how well their fans travel" when really, We Are Already There!

This Man Carucci can say whatever he wants. He needs to turn on the TV this Sunday and watch as the Most Violent and Most Dominating team takes the field against their Rival and destroys their hope of a "good season" with a 21 point beat down.

Carucci is irrelevant, he is printing fodder for our sake to get us "riled up"

Titans? Cowboys? Packers? Colts? Patriots?

It Will Not Matter in the End. You can not escape your doom!!!

steelegg
11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
he makes a comment how parker didnt run well against the no.2 run defense as a knock against us, yet the packers who have the worst rush offense are just fine

klick81
11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I LOVE IT! This is the kind of article i like to read. None of that "oooh, the Steelers are serious contenters" bullshit. THIS is what lights a fire under the Steelers and makes them shut everyone the fawk up. Bring it on.

tony hipchest
11-07-2007, 02:57 PM
im curious why willie parker is the only (upper tier) rb in the league that faces constant critisizm that he cant rush for 100 yards against good/the best defenses?

ladainian tomlinson-

week 1 vs chicago = 17 carries/25 yds
week 2 vs new england 18 carries/43 yds
week 3 vs green bay 22 carries/ 62 yds
week 5 vs denver 21 carries/67 yds
week 9 vs minnesota 16 carries/40 yds

thats 5 games against good defenses. 94 carries/237 yards= 2.5 ypc

1 game against the raiders? 24 carries/198 yds

:hunch:

ive smacked this argument against willie around plenty of times. its about as stupid and baseless as saying allan iverson can convert 100% of his lay-ups with nobody in the paint but drops to 30% when he has a 7 foot defender in the lane. duh. :dang:

moedap
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
im curious why willie parker is the only (upper tier) rb in the league that faces constant critisizm that he cant rush for 100 yards against good/the best defenses?

ladainian tomlinson-

week 1 vs chicago = 17 carries/25 yds
week 2 vs new england 18 carries/43 yds
week 3 vs green bay 22 carries/ 62 yds
week 5 vs denver 21 carries/67 yds
week 9 vs minnesota 16 carries/40 yds

thats 5 games against good defenses. 94 carries/237 yards= 2.5 ypc

1 game against the raiders? 24 carries/198 yds

:hunch:

ive smacked this argument against willie around plenty of times. its about as stupid and baseless as saying allan iverson can convert 100% of his lay-ups with nobody in the paint but drops to 30% when he has a 7 foot defender in the lane. duh. :dang:

There must be a problem in the Steelers organization in regards to their relationship with the press. Maybe the Steelers beatwriters are causing trouble with the press around the country. I dont know. But it eludes me how the national press can go ga ga over Tony Romo when he hasnt even been to an NFC Championship yet Big Ben wins a SB and the prior year goes to the AFCC as a rookie.

Mark Madden doesnt help with his negative stance on the Steelers and he is local.

steelpride12
11-07-2007, 03:47 PM
They only say it because of the same reason: We lost to the pathetic Cards and Broncos so that must obviously mean some games we don't play our best and we pay for it with A BIG L!

SteelDogFan
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Personally opinionated sports writers have their job to, But I dont have to take to heart everything that Cuucci pits down with his pin. Especially when other sports journalist (who's opinion I value more) say the Steelers are the number three team in the AFC. I cant believe he went as far to say that Tennessee who has no offense and wins with D. is above the steelers who are one of the most balanced teams in the league.

I know Fisher has that team playing well but when to teams have not played each other GO BY THE NUMBERS and the numbers say the Steelers are the third if not second best team in the AFC. He is entitled to his opinion though.

Dino 6 Rings
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Carucci is following the party line. "The Pats are the best team in history" and that's all they want to keep shoveling down our throats...

Could you imagine, if the Pats go unbeaten in the regular season, then LOSE in the playoffs...it would be the biggest choke since the Bills lost 4 straight Superbowls.

I think half the people talking them up, are hoping for that to happen. To see them have a chance at being immortal and then, fail. Cause if they don't win it all, they are failures. The hype and the brewhaha being generated about them is only to put them up on a pedistal, to see them fall.

And fall they will. They Will fall into the darkness of their own karma, and in the end, when its 20 degrees, snowing, and the only thing Moss catches is a cold, they will realize that they don't have the superior talent they thought they did and when they look up at the end, and see they aren't hoisting a trophy of any kind, they will learn to recognize...The Time of the Patriots is Over...the Age of the Steelers has Begun!!!

Stlrs4Life
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't mind. I prefer the media and other teams consider us a non-contender. In the past, this mindset has helped the team perform better. And even if this team isn't the same one who would be fired up by the lack of respect, I can't see that it would hurt them to have the pundits declare us second class. Whatever. They will know how good this team is after we beat their ass.

Same here, I don't care what other people think about this team.

Preacher
11-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Hey...

We SHOULD have won those two games. Because of that, Carucci is right when he says,

I'm also still bothered by Pittsburgh's losses at Arizona (3-5) and Denver (3-5). A truly elite team should dominate weaker opponents. I know the Steelers did that against the Ravens and have done that against other opponents this season. But they need to show greater consistency in order to make the case that they are a legitimate threat to keep either the Patriots or Colts from reaching the Super Bowl.

Until we show that we can show up EVERY GAME and play like we have during our 6 wins, well, we shouldn't be considered in the same league as these two. Sure, the Colts only have one more win then we do, but when you look at the game they lost versus the games we lost... well, the colts can hold up their heads... we have to bury ours after those two games.

Funny thing though... the season is only half through. Let's see what this team becomes in the last half... My bet? We become THE DOMINANT AFC TEAM.

alittlejazzbird
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Funny thing though... the season is only half through. Let's see what this team becomes in the last half... My bet? We become THE DOMINANT AFC TEAM.

There's little question that New England is having an extraordinary season, statistically speaking. However, watching them play Indy, I saw a beatable team, plain and simple. Win or lose, I'm very intrigued to see how the Steelers match up against them.

Can you imagine the Monday Morning Media if the Steelers do in fact win that game?

silver2000svt
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Lose to the Crappy Broncos and Cardinals and how can you blame them for questioning us... I think we are in a group that is tied for 4th best in the NFL, but maybe i'm biased....

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Lose to the Crappy Broncos and Cardinals and how can you blame them for questioning us... I think we are in a group that is tied for 4th best in the NFL, but maybe i'm biased....
so who is 3rd ?

Preacher
11-08-2007, 08:02 PM
There's little question that New England is having an extraordinary season, statistically speaking. However, watching them play Indy, I saw a beatable team, plain and simple. Win or lose, I'm very intrigued to see how the Steelers match up against them.

Can you imagine the Monday Morning Media if the Steelers do in fact win that game?

O come on!!

I can already tell you the gist of the media....

"The Steelers aren't that good of a team. Will anyone say they are better then the Patriots, or even the Colts? No. The Patriots beat themselves and that is not a good sign going into the playoffs next month."

I wouldn't be surprised if we could actually find that quote, almost WORD FOR WORD if we beat them!

Steel_Bus_24
11-08-2007, 08:42 PM
O come on!!

I can already tell you the gist of the media....

"The Steelers aren't that good of a team. Will anyone say they are better then the Patriots, or even the Colts? No. The Patriots beat themselves and that is not a good sign going into the playoffs next month."

I wouldn't be surprised if we could actually find that quote, almost WORD FOR WORD if we beat them!

true so true, Brady's crap is better then the Steelers according to the media

tony hipchest
11-16-2007, 05:45 PM
oh what a difference a week makes. this week the steelers are in the same class as the patriots-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8043784b&template=without-video&confirm=true

Ask Vic: Packers, Steelers deserving of respect

Question: Do you think the Steelers are an elite team or do you have to wait for them to play the Patriots to make that evaluation? Also, do you think maybe the Patriots have already peaked? It seems to me that the Steelers still have their best football ahead of them. That may be something to keep an eye on as the season continues to unfold. --Jim F., Hermitage, PA

The Steelers are an elite team. I don't have to wait for them to face the Patriots to determine that. They have excellent offensive balance, with one of the NFL's strongest rushing attacks and a big-play passing game. Ben Roethlisberger has come into his own as a top-notch quarterback and he is making the most of his outstanding receivers.

I don't think the Patriots have peaked. One of their greatest qualities is the ability to stay incredibly focused and to not look beyond any opponent or drop their guard when on the right side of a lopsided score. Sure, they have performed at a mind-boggling level, especially through their first eight games. But I believe they have enough in the way of talent, coaching, and focus to keep rolling.

Both the Pats and Steelers appear to have very good football ahead of them.
hey vic, lego that eggo

steel striker
11-16-2007, 06:57 PM
I have one problem with Vic's story and, that is Romo's five picks in that game. If Ben would have had a game like that he would have thrown Ben under the bus. It is okay we will win our division and, see that pats in the afc title game. Then once we crush the pats then the respect will come. Let's face it the nfc is weak and, outside of Dallas and Green bay there is not much else. Plus it took Green bay in overtime to beat Denver so, like alot of you have already said the so called experts do know jack crap! Like in our 2005 super bowl run know one gave us a chance and, we will have to just beat the teams we face then ask them all how you like us now?

Plus Vic does not even give Ben any props I mean come Vic wake up and smell the coffee Ben and the steelers are pretty damn good. Don't be like Ray Lewis & Bart Scott and Willie Mcguiness who don't have a clue. I also agree with Dino that once the weather turns to cold and snow the pats will come down to earth and Brady will not have all day to throw the ball against us things will change. Also pats do not have much of a ground game and, as we know you need both to win.

Steeldude
11-16-2007, 10:16 PM
the steelers haven't played a team that i would consider good as of yet. the NFL is full of really, really bad teams this year.

Crushzilla
11-16-2007, 10:32 PM
the steelers haven't played a team that i would consider good as of yet. the NFL is full of really, really bad teams this year.

And the Steelers and Patriots have both played their fair share of them.

What it breaks down to is that at this point of the year, I think its safe to actually start looking at offensive and defensive rankings.

If they played tomorrow

New England's number 1 offense vs. Pittsburgh's number 1 defense
New England's number 5 defense vs. Pittsburgh's number 5 offense

Boomerang
11-17-2007, 01:15 AM
And the Steelers and Patriots have both played their fair share of them.

What it breaks down to is that at this point of the year, I think its safe to actually start looking at offensive and defensive rankings.

If they played tomorrow

New England's number 1 offense vs. Pittsburgh's number 1 defense
New England's number 5 defense vs. Pittsburgh's number 5 offense

With you on that, the game would be down to which team showed up 110% on the day.