PDA

View Full Version : Golf, why I hate golf and you should too.

TroysBadDawg
11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
First you hit this defenseless little ball with a big club, then you curse where it goes. You next have to hike around searching until you find it, then you get to do it all over again. For 18 holes? You have to be into some kind of self torture. And you wonder why they sell golf balls by the dozen or more in the stores, because half the time you can't find where they went. It is a ploy to sell more golf balls.

Go bowling; the same idea kinda, you roll the ball, (that can not to exceed 16 pounds in weight) unlike the little golf ball (that weights not more than 1.62 ounces). down the lane some 60 feet and again curse where it goes. Although in bowling the ball comes back to you and you don't have to retreive it yourself, you sit down and have a beer. It is much easier an more relaxing and more time to spend watching your favorite sports team on television that they have in all Bowling alleys.

Great game bowling, now isn't it. It is real hard to lose a bowling ball that weighs no more than 16 pounds. And they come in all sorts of colors now, some are also clear with your favorite team logo in the middle of them or embossed on the side. They are for all sports even Nascar if you call that a sport. Ooops I wasn't supposed to say that was I? 2 Head slaps :dang::dang:

Now I am going to hear about that from HTG. :flap:
It is a Sport okay! LMAO :toofunny::toofunny:
:cheers::cheers:

Borski
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
They are for all sports even Nascar if you call that a sport. Ooops I wasn't supposed to say that was I? 2 Head slaps :dang::dang:

Now I am going to hear about that from HTG. :flap:
It is a Sport okay! LMAO :toofunny::toofunny:
:cheers::cheers:

Naw, your right NASCAR is not a sport

fansince'76
11-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Don't know about playing golf, but watching golf on TV is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

TackleMeBen
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Golf is fun if you know what you are doing. lol. i actually like playing golf.

TroysBadDawg
11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Golf is fun if you know what you are doing. lol. i actually like playing golf.

you enjoy picking on a poor defenseless little ball. Bet you walk on the grass too when the sign says not to. and tear the tops off flowers and eat them. (they taste bad, I tried that.)??? J/K LOL:flap::flap:

I tried golf once, shot a 67, they kicked me off the course and told me never to come back, and that was just the first hole.

I didn't have to look far for the ball it kept going in the lake, and they told me I wasn't allowed to go after it.

At night they probably go and get the balls out and then sell them in the pro shop the next day to unsuspecting people like me.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
11-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I like playing golf, although it is deffinetly not my sport. I also do not mind watching it on t.v. every now and then.

Steelerstrength
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I consider myself a Hacker when I'm on the course. Can't hit the driver for shit, (slice city) but a five iron, now we are talkin'. So I just don't golf much anymore.

And you are correct, I beat the crap out of that defensless, little white ball just for laughs. (at myself) :sofunny:

Now driving my ZO6, that is a RUSH!! 170 mph on a straight, or haulin' ass around a nice curve, that's competitive, requires practice & skill, is exhilarating, and produces mouth-drying adrenaline, every time I go out! (not to hijack the thread, but you mentioned Nascar)

KYSteelersfan
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
I play golf.....online only

MACH1
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Love golf.....especially after the first six pack. errrr I mean aiming oil. LOL

Steelerstrength
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Love golf.....especially after the first six pack. errrr I mean aiming oil. LOL

Aiming oil! That's a great one! Can I use that? :sofunny:

cubanstogie
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I can see why you fans in Pittsburgh don't like golf, short season due to weather. Which makes it hard to play well. Thats my guess. Living in CA, next to football golf is my favorite sport. Where else can you drink, smoke a stogie and hang out with your friends. Not even at a bar anymore. No one around to bother you, a break from the wife and daughter plus it is challenging. I called it a sport earlier, but it doesn't really matter it is a constructive activity. I would rather watch it on TV than watch drive fast and turn left(nascar)unless Jeff Gordon wins. Only reason I like him is because everyone seems to hate him.

Preacher
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Golf is great...

what other game can you step on your opponents ball when you are "Looking" for it... driving it deeper into the ground, which they are NOT allowed to pick it out of?

What other game can you "accidentally" sneeze while they are swinging, causing them to mishit the ball?

What other game can you tend the flag, and pull it out just in time to knock the ball AWAY from the hole just it is about to go in on your opponents great chip shot?

Golf is great!!!

:wink02::wink02:

TroysBadDawg
11-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Golf is great...

what other game can you step on your opponents ball when you are "Looking" for it... driving it deeper into the ground, which they are NOT allowed to pick it out of?

What other game can you "accidentally" sneeze while they are swinging, causing them to mishit the ball?

What other game can you tend the flag, and pull it out just in time to knock the ball AWAY from the hole just it is about to go in on your opponents great chip shot?

Golf is great!!!

:wink02::wink02:

Oh my that's how I would golf if I golfed. That sounds great. Have you tried exploading golf balls? I saw that on television once. Be neet to blow the head off thier driver too. Then say oops to much charge.

MACH1
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Oh my that's how I would golf if I golfed. That sounds great. Have you tried exploading golf balls? I saw that on television once. Be neet to blow the head off thier driver too. Then say oops to much charge.

I got my friend with one of those. :sofunny: Funny as hell, teeing off with his 1 wood. POOF :toofunny::toofunny:

Preacher
11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I got my friend with one of those. :sofunny: Funny as hell, teeing off with his 1 wood. POOF :toofunny::toofunny:

the only problem... is that they can cause problems with the driver... at least they did with the old wooden drivers. I don't know about the new ones.

TroysBadDawg
11-09-2007, 05:44 AM
The little ball fights back, and the big bad golfer complains? For shame. LOL

GBMelBlount
11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
I beat the crap out of that defensless, little white ball just for laughs.

Sounds like a hate crime to me. :wink02::cheers:

TackleMeBen
11-09-2007, 11:16 AM
you enjoy picking on a poor defenseless little ball. Bet you walk on the grass too when the sign says not to. and tear the tops off flowers and eat them. (they taste bad, I tried that.)??? J/K LOL:flap:

actually my instructor was hot :wink02:. i started playing tiger woods on the xbox and got so good i thought i would actually try it out live... as my father calls it.. cow pasture pool is fun.

as for you comments on picking on a poor defenseless little ball..well i cant comment on that b/c HTG would ban me :flap:

TroysBadDawg
11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
as for you comments on picking on a poor defenseless little ball..well i cant comment on that b/c HTG would ban me :flap:

Smart... real smart thought. See you can do it. Go on say it. :chicken:

No wait, it may be about me:dang: .... hold that thought! :thumbsup:

Hi I am still here :wave:,

See I am this nice guy here in your computer. :wave:

I just hate golf, they won'y let me swim in pond where they hide the golf balls. They won't let me race the little cart that go way to slow. I can push my wheelchair faster than they can go. :jammin: Oh well I would rather have a beer and think about females:hug::hug: That is all I can do any more. Think and try to remember why I think about them.

HometownGal
11-09-2007, 12:49 PM

You're a smart lady. :thumbsup:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/58613/2/istockphoto_58613_hot_air_head.jpg

TackleMeBen
11-09-2007, 07:58 PM
You're a smart lady. :thumbsup:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/58613/2/istockphoto_58613_hot_air_head.jpg

you have taught me very well HTG:wink02::wink02: