PDA

View Full Version : What weapon will we unveil next?

43SteelCurtainRevolution
11-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Last week vs the ratbirds, we took the chains off B-Roth and Harrison. Now that the stains have something to prove, what weapon will we unveil next? Will we see Ben's no-huddle, new offensive or defensive schemes, or what? I don't know about you all, but I'm excited for the rest of the season and to see what else Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers coaching staff have up their sleeve.
Thoughts?? Anyone else excited??

We're gonna smear the Stains.

Borski
11-08-2007, 09:54 PM
lets not unveil anything new unless we need to, I'd rather save it for the Pats or Postseason unless we have to use it

43SteelCurtainRevolution
11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I suppose that's why you're "team captain" and I'm still "water boy" :)

Borski
11-08-2007, 10:12 PM
thats just a reference to my post count, nothing more :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I suppose that's why you're "team captain" and I'm still "water boy" :)
:toofunny:

tony hipchest
11-08-2007, 10:19 PM
we will unveil the MOAB (mother of all bombs) named......

drum roll please......

JOHN KUHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....oh wait.... :dang:

Borski
11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
we will unveil the MOAB (mother of all bombs)
JOHN KUHN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:toofunny: oh man, not again! :toofunny:

Stu Pidasso
11-08-2007, 10:27 PM
I miss the trick plays. The Hines reverses, I'd like to see Willie Parker on a halfback pass, etc. etc...

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I miss the trick plays. The Hines reverses, I'd like to see Willie Parker on a halfback pass, etc. etc...
geez man....we just ran a flea flicker.....:shake01:

tony hipchest
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM
i do think a sepulveda fake punt is being held in the arsenal if ever needed in the most dire situations.

NV STEELERS 723
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM
First of all , the Ratbirds turned the ball over and gave us TD's oppurtunities...I don't think the Clowns will give us too many gifts....they got beat bad the first game, and I think they have much to say on the field....

I still think our STEELERS will win by 10 pts though... it just won't be 34-7

Dynasty
11-08-2007, 10:49 PM
i do think a sepulveda fake punt is being held in the arsenal if ever needed in the most dire situations.

I'd love to see the result of that... hopefully the guy is as good at breaking tackles as he is at making them.

Preacher
11-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Personally...

I would be happy if we never see Sep. on the field...

If you all think about it, you all would be too!!

Rhee Rhee
11-09-2007, 01:23 AM
i terribly miss the trick plays also but i say we just let heath go... it seems like he's been locked in a cage and let out a couple times.. just let him go all out and catch like 10 balls for 150 and 3TDS... totally possible for him

OX1947
11-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Watching last nights game, I did notice that LeBeau had a different game plan then the games before. I hope im not imagining this but if Lebeau is holding the good calls for the main games, I am all for it. I would be willing to lose a few games if we do not have to show all of our cards. That way when playoff time comes, we catch the good teams off guard. God I hope thats what it is....

Steel Pit
11-09-2007, 03:16 AM
First of all , the Ratbirds turned the ball over and gave us TD's oppurtunities...I don't think the Clowns will give us too many gifts....they got beat bad the first game, and I think they have much to say on the field....

I still think our STEELERS will win by 10 pts though... it just won't be 34-7

The Ravens certainly did give us opportunities but during the 1st half of that game, the Steelers could have started at their own 20 with each possession and I don't believe that the Ravens would have kept them out of the endzone.

The Browns pass defense is as porous, if not worse, than what the Ravens fielded last game. I see the Steelers having the same offensive success against the Browns.

The Browns offense has a few weapons so I don't expect that we'll hold them to single digit scoring. I'm guessing that the Steelers win 28-17.

Galax Steeler
11-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Watching last nights game, I did notice that LeBeau had a different game plan then the games before. I hope im not imagining this but if Lebeau is holding the good calls for the main games, I am all for it. I would be willing to lose a few games if we do not have to show all of our cards. That way when playoff time comes, we catch the good teams off guard. God I hope thats what it is....

Agreed why show everything we have in these games if we don't need them lets save them for the games we need to.

Lord Stiller
11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
The Browns pass defense is as porous, if not worse, than what the Ravens fielded last game. I see the Steelers having the same offensive success against the Browns.

I dont buy that. Their pass D will not be worse than what the Ravens fielded but we can still beat them. We wil want to establish the running game, control the ball and keep the brownies O off the field

HometownGal
11-09-2007, 08:52 AM
The QB to WR to TE in the EZ flea flicker. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
I dont buy that. Their pass D will not be worse than what the Ravens fielded but we can still beat them.

I don't see how you get any worse than 32nd in the league against the pass....

NFL Pass Defense (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1)

Steeldude
11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Last week vs the ratbirds, we took the chains off B-Roth and Harrison. Now that the stains have something to prove, what weapon will we unveil next? Will we see Ben's no-huddle, new offensive or defensive schemes, or what? I don't know about you all, but I'm excited for the rest of the season and to see what else Tomlin and the rest of the Steelers coaching staff have up their sleeve.
Thoughts?? Anyone else excited??

We're gonna smear the Stains.

what are you talking about? how were BR and harrison hidden weapons?

we have seen the no huddle with BR. it just doesn't work that well, at least not yet. BR doesn't make quick reads for a no huddle to be efficient.

the defensive and offensive schemes have all been seen already. they were all shown in pre-season.

fansince'76
11-09-2007, 10:34 AM
we have seen the no huddle with BR.

When, exactly? I have watched every game this year so far from start to finish and I don't recall the no-huddle ever being used.

Tankus_Maximus
11-09-2007, 11:02 AM
As far as a new secret weapon....howzabout this: our o-line is actually able to provide Ben enough time so he DOESN'T have to break the pocket and scramble for his dear life?

That's right, I went there...I'm talking about the right-side of the o-line...more specifically you: Kendall Simmons.

The Duke
11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
When, exactly? I have watched every game this year so far from start to finish and I don't recall the no-huddle ever being used.

Didn' they use it against arizona? or was that a hurry up offense? anyway it didn't seem to work out too well.

I'm just hoping that the weapon involves anthony smith :tt02: